Confused Sad Sikh Girl

Guest Sharanpreet

Guest Sukhdev
37 minutes ago, paapiman said:

How do you know that?

Bhul chuk maaf

He is just making assumption based on the fact that the subjects are controversial (they should not be however) and that they have been spoken about before on here by others. Hey even I was accused of being someone else if you remember!

However it should not be difficult to believe that more than one female in the panth are unhappy with being in a subordinate position. I have heard of more than one female back home actually who tried to take their own life because they hated being female with so much restriction placed on them. One thought if she recited sukhmani sahib and downed a bunch of pills she would wake up being born as a male. These attitudes about females are actually causing the females to hate their gender so much they either lash out, leave Sikhi and marry someone outside the faith, or do something drastic like the girl I mentioned above. (luckily she was found in time) None of the above are the answer of course. The answer lies with us as Singhs. What we do and how we proceed will determine quite literally whether Sikhi will die out in a few generations. Its not hard to imagine how that will happen, if our women all leave and follow some other religion, or none at all (atheism is becoming very popular now for reasons like this) and marry non-Sikhs, because we choose to marginalize them and put them on a level beneath us, then its only us who are at fault. I personally don't want to see that happen.

4 hours ago, Guest Sukhdev said:

He is just making assumption based on the fact that the subjects are controversial (they should not be however) and that they have been spoken about before on here by others. Hey even I was accused of being someone else if you remember!

However it should not be difficult to believe that more than one female in the panth are unhappy with being in a subordinate position. I have heard of more than one female back home actually who tried to take their own life because they hated being female with so much restriction placed on them. One thought if she recited sukhmani sahib and downed a bunch of pills she would wake up being born as a male. These attitudes about females are actually causing the females to hate their gender so much they either lash out, leave Sikhi and marry someone outside the faith, or do something drastic like the girl I mentioned above. (luckily she was found in time) None of the above are the answer of course. The answer lies with us as Singhs. What we do and how we proceed will determine quite literally whether Sikhi will die out in a few generations. Its not hard to imagine how that will happen, if our women all leave and follow some other religion, or none at all (atheism is becoming very popular now for reasons like this) and marry non-Sikhs, because we choose to marginalize them and put them on a level beneath us, then its only us who are at fault. I personally don't want to see that happen.

Can you please tell all of us here whether by sikhs , you only mean amritdhari's ,or include keshdhari or the all of the people who call themselves sikh?

On 26/06/2016 at 9:17 PM, JasperS said:

And if you are wrong? Keep your disbeliefs to yourself.  Or at least your comments. I don't think this the time to bring up personal conflicts because if you are wrong you (and paapiman) could seriously be causing more damage to the state of mind of the original poster.  

I'm not wrong. No 13 year old Sikh has a mentality like this. Anybody who satrts any post with " I  am a ... and then inserts an age is clearly up to something. It would be more believable if she/he omitted that from her post.

On 29/06/2016 at 2:41 PM, paapiman said:

How do you know that?

Bro, it's clear that this is just another useless thread on this forum. Admins should delete it as it is clearly the work of a troll.

What if it's not? And there is a young girl out there who might be thinking of doing something stupid? Guest Sukhdev above mentioned in the extreme what can happen what these thoughts start to occur. It would be a huge tragedy and fault on our part if we dismissed this person and then see in the news story of a young girl who commits suicide to escape being a girl. (or rather to escape the limitations and lower position we put on girls).  We can't take the chance to cause that.

On June 28, 2016 at 0:56 PM, Guest guest said:

out of all the crap posted on this site, my comments get censored?

the op is clearly a fake!  how dumb are you people

the general rule of this forum is that you must register to post on controversial topics. some mods still allow guest posts through but i guess it's possible some mod choose to actually enforce the rule. register and you'll find this forum one of the most tolerant for free speech. 

17 hours ago, JasperS said:

What if it's not? And there is a young girl out there who might be thinking of doing something stupid?

There might be a 13 year old girl about to do something stupid, but it would not be for the false reasons that  the troll OP made.

10 hours ago, Xylitol said:

the general rule of this forum is that you must register to post on controversial topics. some mods still allow guest posts through but i guess it's possible some mod choose to actually enforce the rule. register and you'll find this forum one of the most tolerant for free speech. 

@Xylitol Admin Sahib, guests should not be allowed to create posts on controversial topics.

Guest mushy
On 06/29/2016 at 7:29 AM, Guest Sukhdev said:

Women have agency as well, not just men.  A strong woman may leave her situation but not her Guru while a weaker would leave her Guru along with her situation

I can't believe you guys are labelling this as a controversial topic but paying no attention or concern for the op at all, rather the opposite. As Sikhs I find this shameful. We're not on about suspicion and pointing fingers, aren't we supposed to help?

Admins: Might I make a suggestion, perhaps create a sub forum where guests can post (because many even those who have user names) may want to broach a controversial topic and don't want their reputation on rest of site defamed because of their views on a particular subject which is hard to talk about. Like bar guest topics creation on rest of site but create a subforum specifically for controversial topics where people can post anonymously / as a guest. Then it will be contained to one sub forum at least and those who don't want to read those topics don't have to.

On a side note, I posted before as a guest and due to suggestion to make an account I did. Now I am being accused of being someone else. So you can't win, and it doesn't really matter anyway in the end.  People will still have their agendas and be weary of anyone who disagrees with their agenda. On both sides.

1 hour ago, JasperS said:

I can't believe you guys are labelling this as a controversial topic but paying no attention or concern for the op at all, rather the opposite. As Sikhs I find this shameful. We're not on about suspicion and pointing fingers, aren't we supposed to help?

Admins: Might I make a suggestion, perhaps create a sub forum where guests can post (because many even those who have user names) may want to broach a controversial topic and don't want their reputation on rest of site defamed because of their views on a particular subject which is hard to talk about. Like bar guest topics creation on rest of site but create a subforum specifically for controversial topics where people can post anonymously / as a guest. Then it will be contained to one sub forum at least and those who don't want to read those topics don't have to.

On a side note, I posted before as a guest and due to suggestion to make an account I did. Now I am being accused of being someone else. So you can't win, and it doesn't really matter anyway in the end.  People will still have their agendas and be weary of anyone who disagrees with their agenda. On both sides.

They are not taking it seriously because every single thing that OP is saying has been said on this forum so many times by the same person. Every thought of OP seems to be influenced by reading posts over here. True, there could be a 13 year old writing all this but where is she now? Unless she actively participate no one will trust. I joined the forum in distress too and when I posted my life here, I came back to check people's responses or to find some relief. I mean if I tell someone my pain, I will reply again if they talk to me . I won't just post and forget about it. 

7 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

They are not taking it seriously because every single thing that OP is saying has been said on this forum so many times by the same person. Every thought of OP seems to be influenced by reading posts over here. True, there could be a 13 year old writing all this but where is she now? Unless she actively participate no one will trust. I joined the forum in distress too and when I posted my life here, I came back to check people's responses or to find some relief. I mean if I tell someone my pain, I will reply again if they talk to me . I won't just post and forget about it. 

Well said.

Everyone should be treated as "innocent" until proven guilty.  Suspicions and speculations, shouldn't ever come into the equation.

13 year old girls--> Yes, there are 13 year olds in the real world.

Problems mentioned in OP about sexism and families spoiling sons and boys etc.--> Yes, there are plenty of these in the real world.

Then why would foolishly assume that the op is fabricated?      some Sikh men love nothing better than to judge and "play God"

6 hours ago, Lucky said:

Then why would foolishly assume that the op is fabricated?    

Because the "problems" are not the usual concerns of a 13 year old girl, no matter how much into Gurmat she is. Secondly anyone who starts a conversation/topic with "I am x years old..." most likely isn't. It's just a ploy to decieve.

Guest guest

lol you can tell just by reading the op it is fake, because it so poorly written it is like someone trying to do a really bad impersonation of  13 year old girl.

and its not 'controversial'.  its amusingly over the top.