I Long for the Darshan of My Beloved

I long for darshan of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. How can receive darshan? Will he bless me? Its hard to survive without seeing his Charan. I am a 15 year old practicing sikh. My yearning hurts when i remember my Guru. When i listen to Asa Di Vaar it reminds me what ive been missing out on.

@Lucky@Sat1176

Thats really great that you have this yearning. Preserve it, nurture it but dont get too impatient. Get the basic foundations strong. This is I would tell my younger 15 self:

• Keep Brahmacharya ( this can be really expanded...)
  • Maintain Amritvela , start slow but be consistent
  • Dont be impatient
  • Develop physical strength to go through life situations smoothly, as well as to do bandgi, body is your horse
  • Work for career so you can have extra freedom, and not constrained by money, it will give you extra time for bandgi. Stress of money can really hamper you bhagti, this is what I am suffering from currently. 
  • This is a marathon not sprint 

10 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Thats really great that you have this yearning. Preserve it, nurture it but dont get too impatient. Get the basic foundations strong. This is I would tell my younger 15 self:

• Keep Brahmacharya ( this can be really expanded...)
  • Maintain Amritvela , start slow but be consistent
  • Dont be impatient
  • Develop physical strength to go through life situations smoothly, as well as to do bandgi, body is your horse
  • Work for career so you can have extra freedom, and not constrained by money, it will give you extra time for bandgi. Stress of money can really hamper you bhagti, this is what I am suffering from currently. 
  • This is a marathon not sprint 

What is bramchayra is that akath katha?

On 2/13/2021 at 8:25 AM, Ragmaala said:

Very good point, but having money & freedom does not mean that you will be able to do bandagi.

On 2/11/2021 at 12:45 PM, Samarbir Singh said:

I long for darshan of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. How can receive darshan? 

@Lucky@Sat1176

Wished there was an easy answer. Goto Guru Nanak Data Baksh Leh Mission. They have listed pre-requistie, qualifications requires to have darshan and the answer to your question.

Simply crying and hankering all the time “I want darshan” and posting on forums wont get you darshan. You are asking in the wrong place. You have to put work for it. No one gets a free chocolate. If you get a free chocolate, so should I and so should the entire world.

1 hour ago, sevak said:

Very good point, but having money & freedom does not mean that you will be able to do bandagi.

Yes, if you get attached to Maya and lose your goals definitely no bandagi. But speaking for myself, if I didn't have to worry about work or If I had saved for early retirement that can def give me the edge , more time to do bandagi. Instead of 8-12 hrs of work , I could be doing a long sitting in bhagti/sewa. When you are financially stable , you can do whatever you want with your time and no one will bother you. 

11 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Yes, if you get attached to Maya and lose your goals definitely no bandagi. But speaking for myself, if I didn't have to worry about work or If I had saved for early retirement that can def give me the edge , more time to do bandagi. Instead of 8-12 hrs of work , I could be doing a long sitting in bhagti/sewa. When you are financially stable , you can do whatever you want with your time and no one will bother you. 

Veer, Its all kal yug , maya playing tricks with your mind. I have been through these stages. 

4 hours ago, sevak said:

Wished there was an easy answer. Goto Guru Nanak Data Baksh Leh Mission. They have listed pre-requistie, qualifications requires to have darshan and the answer to your question.

Simply crying and hankering all the time “I want darshan” and posting on forums wont get you darshan. You are asking in the wrong place. You have to put work for it. No one gets a free chocolate. If you get a free chocolate, so should I and so should the entire world.

Brother sevak cool down, for @Samarbir Singh jee is just asking & trying to get answers of his queries, for maybe some gursikhs may give him some suggestions, some information of how to get darshan of Guru Jee, remeber not all of us are at a same consciouss  level .

Let people ask sincere questions, there is no harm in it, as long there is no malice in their intentions.

If you goto Guru Nanak Data Baksh Leh Mission website. The Pre-Requisite & Qualifications required to have darshan are clearly laid out. All the best to the original poster- I will copy paste below:

Complete surrender is an essential pre-requisite, pre-condition to enter the arena of the spiritual field of Divine Love. And then opens the door, the entrance to the Supreme Mansion of the Beloved Satguru.

Father invariably proclaimed in every congregation that Sri Guru Granth Sahib was the Living Lord, that Sri Guru Nanak Sahib was realisable, attainable from within the Divine Body of Sri Guru Granth Sahib, that the blessed ones could perceive Him physically and commune with Him and that humility and Prema Bhagti was the essential pre-requisite to attain Him. Utter Humility and intense yearning and Love was his own direct and personal experience. Communion with the Supreme Lord Sri Guru Nanak Sahib can be established through Prema, through intense and earnest devotional love, through humility, through strong impulse of rock-like faith in Him, through His benign Grace and so on, but certainly not on the basis of dry intellectualis”

3 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Actually, I have to take back what I wrote above. You are right what you said. Someone who is working 10-12 hours bandagi gets very very tough. Bcoz the work eats up your schedule. However, you still have to make the effort.

Brother Ragmaala,  destiny is destiny after all, which no one can change, and so if there is not much one can do,  then just as we eat, sleep, or any other activities in our daily routines, bandgi/bhakti can also be done, that too without any cost or extra efforts. 

Plus with the benefit of that inspite of and inconveniences, we attend to our regular devotion, for sure, He will rise you above of the spheres where karma showers it force, and you will be blessed with the strength to endure anything. Such is His wadeeayee.

As there is an inspirational saying:  Je Raaj Kraye Ta Teri Upma Je Bheekh Mangaye Ta Kya Ghat Jai

Which means, o my Lord, even if you give me riches of a kingdom, then that is all your greatness, and  if you make me go begging, then too nothing diminshes in me (because I am already nothing). 

He is our anchor at all times in this mayavee painful creation.

4 minutes ago, sevak said:

If you goto Guru Nanak Data Baksh Leh Mission website. The Pre-Requisite & Qualifications required to have darshan are clearly laid out. All the best to the original poster- I will copy paste below:

Complete surrender is an essential pre-requisite, pre-condition to enter the arena of the spiritual field of Divine Love. And then opens the door, the entrance to the Supreme Mansion of the Beloved Satguru.

Father invariably proclaimed in every congregation that Sri Guru Granth Sahib was the Living Lord, that Sri Guru Nanak Sahib was realisable, attainable from within the Divine Body of Sri Guru Granth Sahib, that the blessed ones could perceive Him physically and commune with Him and that humility and Prema Bhagti was the essential pre-requisite to attain Him. Utter Humility and intense yearning and Love was his own direct and personal experience. Communion with the Supreme Lord Sri Guru Nanak Sahib can be established through Prema, through intense and earnest devotional love, through humility, through strong impulse of rock-like faith in Him, through His benign Grace and so on, but certainly not on the basis of dry intellectualis”

Beautiful post, probably Samarbir Jee was looking for this type of answer.

On 2/14/2021 at 1:51 PM, sevak said:

Thanks veer ji🙏🏽