Gurmat Havan of Sri Chandi jee

1 hour ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

And here's offering alcohol while reading bani?!

Well, Gurbani is also read by Nihang Singhs, while doing Jhatka. Then, that Mahaparshaad is distributed to the Sangat. 

Alcohol is being offered (as an Ahuti) to the Agni Devta. The Granth does not state that we must drink it, after offering it to the Agni Devta.

Bhul chuk maaf

16 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Why would a Sikh offer to Agni Devta???

Based on your thinking, one might also argue that a Sikh must never ask for help from non-Sikhs. Do you believe in that?

Offerings are also made to poor/needy people man. Does that make those needy/poor people are higher than the donors?

The Granth is not advocating the worship of the Agni Devta.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 7/5/2021 at 2:33 AM, paapiman said:

@dalsingh101@chatanga1 and others:

Any historical references to meat and alcohol being used by Singhs during religious ceremonies?

Bhul chuk maaf

I'm not aware of any. 

The only thing I know of is the havan of an ox in Bhangu's Panth Prakash. But I don't think they ate any part of the animal?

On 7/8/2021 at 7:54 AM, paapiman said:

What about Sukha Maryada? Sukha is also an intoxicant.

Bhul chuk maaf

That's also if we view it with the western lens of being a 'drug'. It's obvious sukha had many applications in Indic culture outside of this i.e. nutrients, medical. 

7 hours ago, paapiman said:

Based on your thinking, one might also argue that a Sikh must never ask for help from non-Sikhs. Do you believe in that?

Offerings are also made to poor/needy people man. Does that make those needy/poor people are higher than the donors?

The Granth is not advocating the worship of the Agni Devta.

What are you saying Bhai sahib? 

You were saying Havan includes offering to Agni Devta who already is a devta and has all the luxuries. Why does he need our offering? 

And you are just using the word 'offer' in a sentence to prove your point.

Gurbani always teaches us to help the needy and donating something or taking help from anyone doesn't increase or decrease our level/status, Vaheguru himself puts a furna in our minds to donate to a needy or whatsoever.

True Sikhs, they donate or take, will always think of themselves as charan dhoor of everyone else.

Yes, the Granth is not at all advocating worship of Agni Devta but my point is why do we even need to offer him to communicate our 'message' to Vaheguru when Vaheguru is always with us. 

Will you talk to Agni Devta or the sargun roop of Akaal Purakh himself (Sri Guru Granth Sahib)?

Trimandeep Singh 

4 minutes ago, Arsh1469 said:

I trust Sant Ji on this. No Sikh should eat or drink any of this

This one passage and katha proves alcohol and meat should never be eaten. Also rituals to Devi Devta shouldn't be done.

Edit: Also this says those who do Sukha too will fall to the underworld. It is a matter of choice whether to go with Taksal and Bhindranwale Sant or Buddha Dal and Nihang order as a whole. I agree with Sant Bhindranwale because his katha had a huge impact on me and I find all he says to be true. Any historical fact he says is always true and  has lots of evidence for it.

Edited by Arsh1469

5 minutes ago, Arsh1469 said:

This one passage and katha proves alcohol and meat should never be eaten. Also rituals to Devi Devta shouldn't be done.

Edit: Also this says those who do Sukha too will fall to the underworld. It is a matter of choice whether to go with Taksal and Bhindranwale Sant or Buddha Dal and Nihang order as a whole. I agree with Sant Bhindranwale because his katha had a huge impact on me and I find all he says to be true. Any historical fact he says is always true and  has lots of evidence for it.

I guess this is some evidence of Mahapurukhs contradicting each other as what Sant Ji says contradicts many Nihnag Sants and the order's rehat.

1 hour ago, Arsh1469 said:

Quote the whole Pangti bro. It's in reference to specific people. 

2 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bro, you are going off-topic.

This topic is about offerings of meat and alcohol (which are probably reduced to ashes) in the Havan Kund, not about consumption of meat and alcohol.

Bhul chuk maaf

I agree. Back to the topic Guru Nanak preached not to make offering or rituals. We don't need Devi Devta to connect with the supreme. To connect we must look inside of us. Vahguru is in all us. No need for offerings.