My Trust Is Broken

AnxiousMind

Hello everyone!

I have been a firm believer of God and Sikhism and i find Sikhism to be most sensible religion but Waheguru or Satguru can change your life or they can cut your sorrows, I don't believe it anymore.

Everyone get sorrows, tough patches and sadness in their life and they are responsible for it.. praying to God can give someone a temporary motivation but it can not help you otherwise. I have been praying and then trying practically to sort some things but every time i come out as a failure. 

If God is responsible for everything then how humans are responsible for bad karma ? It's a hypocrisy- if something good happens.. everyone say God gave his kirpa and for sadness and failures, they say it's bad karma that the human has. 

I still want to believe that Meditating to the supreme lord can do wonders but my day to day life and sufferings are making me think otherwise.. I am open to discussion.

On 8/6/2021 at 2:09 AM, AnxiousMind said:

Everyone get sorrows, tough patches and sadness in their life and they are responsible for it.. praying to God can give someone a temporary motivation but it can not help you otherwise. I have been praying and then trying practically to sort some things but every time i come out as a failure. 

wjkk wjkf

Have you tried Gurbani Mantar Sidhi bro?

Have you tried doing Jaaps of specific Shabads for your specific needs?

Bhul chuk maaf

If God is responsible for everything then how humans are responsible for bad karma ? It's a hypocrisy- if something good happens.. everyone say God gave his kirpa and for sadness and failures, they say it's bad karma that the human has. 

Many times when something good happens to you, that is also due to your good karams from your previous lives. But we, as Sikhs, are taught by Sri Satguru jee to thank Sri Waheguru jee for it, so as to avoid becoming a victim to Ego. Ego is a very deadly vice.

When something bad happens, we, as Sikhs, are told to accept the will of Sri Waheguru jee and pray for inner strength.

In both cases, Sikhism encourages us to involve Sri Waheguru jee.

Bhul chuk maaf

Hello everyone!

I have been a firm believer of God and Sikhism and i find Sikhism to be most sensible religion but Waheguru or Satguru can change your life or they can cut your sorrows, I don't believe it anymore.

I still want to believe that Meditating to the supreme lord can do wonders but my day to day life and sufferings are making me think otherwise.. I am open to discussion.

Are you an Amritdhari?

Do you know of a Gurmukh Mahapurakh?

How old are you? You don't have to answer this question, if you don't want to.

Bhul chuk maaf

Vaheguru Ji ka Khalsa 

Vaheguru Ji ki Fateh!

On 8/6/2021 at 11:39 AM, AnxiousMind said:

Hey brother, we don't know how much bani you have read and how many times you have visited a Gurudwara and the sacrifices you have made to please Guru sahib. I am just assuming that you came into Sikhi recently and hence have these trust issues, which is absolutely normal. 

I am not being rude but most probably, you are being ungrateful, what we call Akirtkanh. 

Maybe you have such bad previous karams that you are facing a dukh since long. Even a gursikh faces tough times, but because they firmly believe in Guru sahib, they read more bani and tend to remain in chardikala.

Did you just do an ardaas or read some bani too? The reasons why praying may not have given you expected results can be-

1. You didn't have the required faith when doing ardaas.

2. You expected huge results with less efforts.

3. Not reading bani/doing ardaas with concentration 

Yes, God is responsible for everything but he's not responsible for your own karams. The reason why we commit bad karams is Maya and the punishments that we receive are decided according to the Karma System. Vaheguru is responsible for activating Maaya on earth and for creating the Karma system, and not your karams. Try to understand this.

It's a hypocrisy- if something good happens.. everyone say God gave his kirpa and for sadness and failures, they say it's bad karma that the human has. 

Well it's not hypocrisy but just the truth. To explain this, you would have to understand the working of Karma System (as in Gurmat). I would write a famous short story to just give you some understanding.

Story starts*

Once there was a shardhaalu (devotee) of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. He had firm belief in him while his friend, who was a thief was pretty much a stranger to this kind of stuff. The thief friend always used to mock him that even though he was a thief, he was still living a happier and comfortable life than the devotee's. One day, the devotee asked his thief friend to come along him and pay a visit to Guru Nanak Dev Ji. On the way, the thief found a gold coin while the devotee got his foot hurt by a sharp object. The thief again laughed at him but the devotee remained quiet and confidently told him that Guru Nanak Dev Ji will give the answer why this happened. When they reached, they asked Guru sahib to solve their shanka (doubt). Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji told them that because of the thief's good previous life karams, he would have found a pot full of gold coins but he got just one coin because he's a sinner. On the other hand, the devotee had his death (hanging) written today but because of his shardha in Vaheguru, the pain he had to go through was cut by a large extent, from phaansi to just a foot injury.

Story ends*

You can't blame guru sahib for your sufferings but if you read bani and apply principles of Sikhi, then he can interfere and reduce the pain/punishment.

Here's a lecture on Gurmat Karam Philosophy. If you want to learn more about how karams work and how your punishments get reduced or minimised by reading bani, watch this. And it's really a must watch! One of my favs (Bhai Kulbir Singh Toronto)

Trimandeep Singh 

• 3 months later...
On 8/6/2021 at 7:09 AM, AnxiousMind said:

Hello everyone!

* I have been a firm believer of God and Sikhism and i find Sikhism to be most sensible religion but Waheguru or Satguru can change your life or they can cut your sorrows, I don't believe it anymore.

* Everyone get sorrows, tough patches and sadness in their life and they are responsible for it.. praying to God can give someone a temporary motivation but it can not help you otherwise. I have been praying and then trying practically to sort some things but every time i come out as a failure. 

* If God is responsible for everything then how humans are responsible for bad karma ? It's a hypocrisy- if something good happens.. everyone say God gave his kirpa and for sadness and failures, they say it's bad karma that the human has. 

* I still want to believe that Meditating to the supreme lord can do wonders but my day to day life and sufferings are making me think otherwise.. I am open to discussion.

Hello AnxiousMind,

will try my best ability to answer your queries.

*Waheguru has blessed us with the best thing which can happen to a soul in this creation: the human birth. For it is only in this form that one can understand and know Him to finally merge in Him forever, not otherwise. So be humbly grateful for it.

*There is no such instant planting seeds and having harvest. Whatever you do, be good or bad, are seeds of future. Not that you buy vegetables from the market and bring them, that by reaching home you will have lunch or dinner, you have to wash, and cook them with time to be cooked and eat it, isn´t it?

So, your praying also, is asking for His forgiveness nothing more.

Do you even know the heavy load of your own collected karma when stepping into the creation?

What is our petty prayer compared to our infinte debt of karmas? 

Absolutely nothing.

Our liberation can only be by HIS kirpa, but for that we have to turn our face towards Him, and beg for His mercy.

A mother also unless her child cries does go to feed him/her. 

The thing is we have forgotten our origin, we think we belong to this creation, and though we have GURU JEE, we just bow to HIM, but never ever understand what He wants us to do through Gurbani in order to do the real bhakti and obtain the real mukti by merging in Him, and not just transitory periods in Baikunth or Swarg or any other lower spiritual godly planes.

* God is responsible for everything in the sense, that has created everything, but also has given us "budhee" or sense of discrimination to use it, in order to know what is good or bad and arise above the these both opposites and hold on to the only Truth, in order to get purified and get out from here, not otherwise.

Of course, with our bad karmas, we will invite suffering on us; and the thing is when u do something good and believe it is His kirpa, that is only to remain humble, because otherwise one may get one´s ego fattened and that ahankar, will lead you to further suffering. Nishkam seva/actions is advised, then there are no chains or bindings upon us. 

*You are right, meditating upon Him, is the only way to free onself for once and ever from this mayavee creation. But do it in such a way, that you do it because our beloved Waheguru through Guru Sahiban and Bhagat Jan tell us so in the Bani, in order to invoke His grace and get ferried across.

But if you think if with our/your efforts, one will achieve something, then sorry to say, we are limiting ourselves, because with our limited efforts we shall get limited results, which practically means, we can never ever erase or pay off the heavy load of our countless karmas throughout countless lives.

We must bear in mind we are nothing, we have fallen in a deep and a dark  well, and unless we hold on to His strong arm, we will never ever get out, so please let us stop complaining and wailing, these are tricks of the mind to keep us imprisoned here, but rather call on Him by chanting His sacred NAME, get us purified and thus board on the vessel of NAM to reach our Nijh Ghar in Sach Khand.

Bhul chuk maaf jee.