Soccer - who likes it ?

Premi

Just now, GurjantGnostic said:

Amen bro. A lot idolization and toxic emotions. Lack of empathy. No repsect in it these days. 

It did me a favor that my main team in soccer started going downhill around 10 years ago, it did me a favor

https://www.joe.co.uk/fitness-health/watching-football-bad-for-heart-240320#:~:text=In general%2C watching football is,reduced risk of heart problems.

Does watching football increase your chances of suffering heart problems?

The results are, in part, surprising and unsurprising at the same time.

In general, watching football is associated with a higher risk of fatal heart attacks in men and women. Failure of your team is, as you might have guessed, going to increase these risks.

When your team wins, you've still been on an emotional rollercoaster, but this is associated with a reduced risk of heart problems. Liverpool fans have had a healthy start to the Premier League season, for example.

Watching football is also associated with increased chances of suffering non-fatal heart problems, but this was more apparent in men than women.

On 2/3/2022 at 5:42 PM, dalsingh101 said:

It's not even as simple as that. I've met some ICF guys when younger, and later Millwall guys. They aren't all bad. Some of them are genuine salt of the earth types actually.  I think playing it is great in terms of getting physical activity and that, but I know for many of the fans I've met, it's not even about the game, its more about getting coked up, getting a few beers down you and having a rumble. lol  

Most of these guys are fine that I've met

Went to a match a few years ago with a gora friend, some others told him

"We don't mind Sikhs, they're okay"

7 minutes ago, paapiman said:

But if you do (even to create awareness), some of them might not like it. They will probably figure out that our religion is amazing (which started in the 1400's) and some might possibly develop a feeling of jealously towards Gurmat.

There are plenty of Gore, who are still connected to Christianity and might have a conservative mindset. More than 50% of Canada still follows Christianity. Another possible 10-20% might not say that they are devout Christians, but might believe that Christianity is linked to the development of the Western civilization (which they might consider it to be the greatest).

But the undeniable fact is that Sikhi is the best, even by modern standards.

Bhul chuk maaf

Those 50% are loosely Christian. In the UK, it's maybe 5% at most who go Church regularly, mostly older people. I doubt Canada is much different. Do those 50% practice sexual abstinence before marriage ? How often they go to Church? Do they read Bible regularly ?

Do you think Basics of Sikhi should do street parchaar outside sports stadiums, lol ?

• 2 weeks later...

@paapiman https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12492413/jarnail-singh-former-football-league-referee-says-sons-bhups-and-sunny-singh-gill-are-doing-the-community-proud

Jarnail Singh: Former Football League referee says sons Bhups and Sunny Singh Gill are doing the community proud

Former Football League referee Jarnail Singh says sons Bhups and Sunny Singh Gill are making good strides as match officials; Bhups and Sunny made history when they officiated together at Bristol City vs Nottingham Forest last season; Jarnail says his boys "are doing the community proud"

Tuesday 22 February 2022 08:01, UK

Trailblazing former referee Jarnail Singh says his sons Bhups and Sunny Singh Gill are doing themselves and the community proud as they try and emulate his achievements in the game.

Jarnail Singh flanked by sons Bhups Singh Gill (R) and Sunny Singh Gill (L)

Jarnail is the first turbaned referee in the history of English league football and took charge of more than 150 games across the divisions between 2004 and 2010.

@GurjantGnostic - you 'don't care' for American football - I'm the same. I don't 'like it a lot, but I think basketball is a great game - you like that one ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2022/06/28/football-fan-called-police-officer-muslim-c-with-a-turban-16902203/amp/

Seems like a ‘nice man’ in the photo…

@GurjantGnostic @dalsingh101

Football fan called police officer ‘Muslim c*** with a turban’ after Chelsea game

Author image
Sian ElvinTuesday 28 Jun 2022 8:34 am

Laurie Kavanagh Estate Agent - UNCLEARED GRAB - PLEASE LEGAL https://propertyindustryeye.com/comings-and-goings-36/
Laurie Kavanagh, 37, also threatened to rape a female police officer (Picture: Property Industry Eye)

An estate agent was spared jail after calling a Sikh police officer a ‘Muslim c*** with a turban’ following a football match.

Laurie Kavanagh, 37, watched Chelsea and Manchester United play in the Premier League on November 28 last year.

He watched them play out a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge and then left, but started to become drunk and aggressive.

Kavanagh, who has been head of residential sales for estate agents Myddelton & Major in Salisbury since 2020, also threatened to rape a female police officer.

Southwark Crown Court heard how the defendant was initially asked to leave the area before police were forced to tackle him to the ground.

Kavanagh had shouted: ‘I’ll bring a pack of pikies round your house and rape you.’

He kicked out at officers and shouted at a police sergeant he would ‘send his boys round his house’ to kill the officer and his family.

He boasted about his £50,000 a year salary and told officers he paid their wages.

When he was put in the back of a police van he then started verbally abusing PC Harjod Premi, calling him ‘the Muslim c*** with a turban’.

PC Natalia Burke told the court in a victim impact statement: ‘I was the only female officer on the scene and the verbal abuse was focused on me.

‘It disappointed me that my gender appeared to be at the heart of the issue and was used against me in this way.’

Kavanagh, representing himself, said: ‘I accept that my behaviour was completely unacceptable and I am extremely remorseful.

‘I have made the biggest mistake of my life and I have severely compromised my career. I apologise to you and the police.’

Seems like a ‘nice man’ in the photo…

If you was a women Premi, some crew would have been selling your private parts in a brothel years ago. lol

Grow up mate. Surface images mean nothing. Plenty of people are expert in portraying an image that is the very opposite of what they are.  They actually know how to put on facial expressions and use body language to trick you into letting your guard down. 

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Grow up mate. Surface images mean nothing. Plenty of people are expert in portraying an image that is the very opposite of what they are.  They actually know how to put on facial expressions and use body language to trick you into letting your guard down. 

What I meant is that looks can be deceiving.

he doesn’t look like the typical football yob