The merits and demerits of hiding your identity.

There are two kinds of people on any discussion forum. Some of them hide their real names :oops: and others do not. :)

:roll: I want to know what are the merits and demerits of hiding your identity.

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali),

Punjab, India.

I don't think anyone really hides their name on the forum, If you check the introduction section you will see most people have told their names. As for their Username them i.e Lil_Princess or mugermuch singh etc Its just harmless fun.

Imagine if Sikhi forums said that members should not have IDs other than their sikhi names then wat we will end up with is

Amardeep Singh

Amardeep S1ngh

Amardeep

4mardeep

Amard33p Singh

............................. :roll:

I don't think anyone really hides their name on the forum, If you check the introduction section you will see most people have told their names.

I said, "on any discussion forum", not particularly the SikhAwareness. :please:

:roll: If someone does not tell his/her real name in his/her profile, or in his/her post, then he/she is hiding his/her identity, in a way. :) . Every forum has not the 'introduction section '. What, if someone does not introduce himself/herself in any section?

My question is still un-answered, 'what are the merits and demerits of hiding your identity'.

-'Amrit'

LOL niceeee AMARDEEP! u said my name!! i feel so special! :) lol BIG UP!

well i don't say my name juz cuzzzz i don't like puttin my name, i mean if ya ask me, i will tell u but i ain't about to tell the world... but mind u thaz me, im that kind of person on msn who has every single name/lyric/saying done every so often, but never their name! lol i think its coo havin a id name!! and u nevaa know if ur momm or dad some day finds out ur on a forum... so betta safe than sorry.. plus the whole stalker issue thing!!! (not that anyone is a stalker.........)

n e wayz keep on smiling.....

:D

Lol Lil Princess in that case i better behave on the web cos if my dad visits this forum ( BIG IF ), i am gonna be a dead singh. well meri pciture is in the avatar :roll:

Come to think of it, i think two kuriyans are stalking me :oops: Mummmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... :LOL:

Lol Lil Princess in that case i better behave on the web cos if my dad visits this forum ( BIG IF ), i am gonna be a dead singh. well meri pciture is in the avatar :roll:

Come to think of it, i think two kuriyans are stalking me :oops: Mummmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... :LOL:

:LOL:

Dear Amardeep, you certainly are a smart Singh... but just two girls stalking you... :roll: seems to be an understatement... :wink:

Regards

Amrit Kaur ( it was amritpal b4 but i cut da pal out! )

so now its jst Amrit Kaur,

:roll: The Sikh-names are taken from Guru Granth Sahib Ji. A Sikh gets his/her name after an 'ardaas' :pray: . After selecting a name, a Sikh cannot change his/her name, because his/her name was approved by the Guru himself and the 'Sangat'.

Hmmmm....Chalo chhaddo paraan ji. :P

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

www.amritweb.com

I said, "on any discussion forum", not particularly the SikhAwareness. :please:

:roll: If someone does not tell his/her real name in his/her profile, or in his/her post, then he/she is hiding his/her identity, in a way. :) . Every forum has not the 'introduction section '. What, if someone does not introduce himself/herself in any section?

My question is still un-answered, 'what are the merits and demerits of hiding your identity'.

-'Amrit'

you make it seem like its mandatory to tell others my name.....why does it even matter, if someone asks me i'll tell them , but i don't see the big deal in this. I think u r making a big deal out of nothing. This is after all the internet, Identity can be mistaken, lied about. How do you know what i say is who i am. I could be a riskha driver acting like i have a porche in my driveway...or whatever.

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

you make it seem like its mandatory to tell others my name.....why does it even matter, if someone asks me i'll tell them , but i don't see the big deal in this. I think u r making a big deal out of nothing. This is after all the internet, Identity can be mistaken, lied about. How do you know what i say is who i am. I could be a riskha driver acting like i have a porche in my driveway...or whatever.

Agree with your comments Phaj...

correction...you have 2 kuriyaan and a mugermach stalking you

As for their Username them i.e Lil_Princess or mugermuch singh etc Its just harmless fun.

Not even posted here before and my name gets used. lol

If people want to know my real name Pm me, im not ashamed of it or anything, i just like the name Mugermach Singh.

correction...you have 2 kuriyaan and a mugermach stalking you

No Comment, i ave not rare collection of the event in question. :shock:

Meet you tonight amardeep. :wink:

The merits of my name, its catch and people like it, so i think....

The demerits of my name, is catchy and people like it, so i think.....

my mommy and daddy told me to be careful of people like u.

lol

te tvanu ki paata kinya Kuriya ne tvadi pic apni desktop te rakhi hoy e :LOL:

you make it seem like its mandatory to tell others my name

:roll: Dear Veer/Bahan ji, I did not ask anyone his/her name. What I asked is merits and demerits of hiding real identity.

This is after all the internet, Identity can be mistaken, lied about. How do you know what i say is who i am.

If so, then how can we know whether a person talking to us EVEN FACE TO FACE is telling truth about himself? :roll: Can a person not lie even if he/she is talking to us face to face? What does a spy do? Does he/she not talk face to face and hide his real IDENTITY?

I could be a riskha driver

Brother/Sister! If you are a rickshaw puller, then I have great respect for you. Gurbani says: -

"Ghaal Khaaye Kichh Haththon Dey.

Naanak Raah Pachhaanainh Sey".

(Guru Granth Sahib Ji, page 1245)

A book in many volumes has been published by a man living in Canada, which created controversy. He has been summoned by Sri Akal Takhat Sahib. The writer could hide his identity. It would be more beneficial for his VIEWS. I know some people, who had appreciated his writings. Then they were told about his IDENTITY. They were told that the writer was once in the Punjab Police and a case was registered against him. He was accused of a theft. He jumped the bail and reached Canada. Now, the people, I mentioned above, are against of his writings.

His writings were not changed, but his identity made a difference. Before knowing his real IDENTITY, they believed that the controversial book has been written by a CANADIAN, so it must be a valuable book. After knowing his IDENTITY, now they say that this book has been written by a thief/bail-jumper, so he cannot be believed.

Once, my cousin had the cough. He used to take curd daily in breakfast. I asked him not to take curd, as it is not good in cough, but he continued to. When he went to a doctor, he was asked to avoid curd. He followed the doctor's instruction and got well soon. Not only the words, but also the person who says those words makes a difference. Not only the VIEWS expressed in any forum, even the member expressing the views too make the difference, the member with his/her IDENTITY.

There were two friends in my locality, 'A' and 'B'. A was a good man. B became his friend because of A's money, as A belonged to a rich family. 'A' spent a lot of money on 'B', because he thought 'B' was his TRUE friend. Anyhow, one day 'A' came to know that 'B' was a bad man in reality. One day 'A' asked me what he could do. I suggested that, it was good to break away from the friend, who had love only to his money. He did not agree to my suggestion and said that it is a SIN to break away from a friend. Then I quoted the Gurbani, :pray: which says: -

"Naanak Manmukhaan Naalon Tutti Bhali, Jin Maayaa Moh Piyaar".

(O Nanak, it is good to break away from the self-willed manmukhs, who have love and attachment to Maya.)

(Guru Granth Sahib Ji, page 136)

He agreed and broke away from that man. My VIEWS were not important. Important was the INDENTITY of the person (Guru) who expressed the VIEWS.

:please: I once again say that I did not ask anyone his/her name. What I asked is merits and demerits of hiding real identity.

Agree with your comments Phaj...

Ji zaroor.

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

www.amritweb.com

A book in many volumes has been published by a man living in Canada, which created controversy. He has been summoned by Sri Akal Takhat Sahib. The writer could hide his identity. It would be more beneficial for his VIEWS. I know some people, who had appreciated his writings. Then they were told about his IDENTITY. They were told that the writer was once in the Punjab Police and a case was registered against him. He was accused of a theft. He jumped the bail and reached Canada. Now, the people, I mentioned above, are against of his writings.

His writings were not changed, but his identity made a difference. Before knowing his real IDENTITY, they believed that the controversial book has been written by a CANADIAN, so it must be a valuable book. After knowing his IDENTITY, now they say that this book has been written by a thief/bail-jumper, so he cannot be believed.

Dear amrit

You mean to say then when SGPC banned Gurbilas Patahshi 6 on the basis of writings of Kala Afgana, they did not know his backgroud, pretty strange :roll: ?

You must not forget that in his writting no where he has tried to manipulate SGGS... and he supports each and every arguement based on atleast five references from SGGS... seems pretty clean to me... Can you enumerate the problems in his writings, which have irked you...?

And on his backgroud... the charges against him when in Punjab Police and being involved in theft are pity naive... :? if we can use some common sense then we can realise that those were the troubled times for Sikhi in 80s & 90s, when he was writing... and he could have been falsely framed as well... which is quite easily possible... who can prove his innocence... during the times of KPS Gill, Can you? Not me? He may have been framed coz he was exposing the consipiracy of slowing but surely introduction of some brahminical practices into Sikhism as mentioned in Gurbilas Patshahi 6, some of which are still in practice as we are discussing in another thread

Rest later

Best Regards

You mean to say then when SGPC banned Gurbilas Patahshi 6 on the basis of writings of Kala Afgana, they did not know his backgroud, pretty strange ?

Veer ji. I think 'Gurbilas Patshahi 6' has not been banned. :roll: I think the edition edited by Jathedar Joginder Singh has been banned. I could be wrong, as I do not know the exact situation.

Can you enumerate the problems in his writings, which have irked you...?

I did not make any comment on his writings. What I said was how some pro-Kala Afghana people turned into anti-Kala Afghana, when they were told that he was once charged for a theft.

and he could have been falsely framed as well... which is quite easily possible...

Was he a danger to India or Indian Government? Why could he have been falsely framed? Some Buddhist writers are using even filthy language against Ramayan and other Hindu books. Why are they not framed?

who can prove his innocence... during the times of KPS Gill, Can you? Not me? He may have been framed coz he was exposing the consipiracy of slowing but surely introduction of some brahminical practices into Sikhism as mentioned in Gurbilas Patshahi 6, some of which are still in practice as we are discussing in another thread

Sir, have you read 'Gur Bilas Patshahi 6'? If it is preaching Brahmanism practises, then how is it different from Gur Pratap Sooraj Granth, Gur Bilas Patshahi 10 (Sukh Singh), Mahma Prakash, Bansawalinama etc?

I am the only person in your city (Mohali), who organised 'Gatka Classes', especially against the RSS after the demolition of Babri Mosque. :nihung: (now it is said that I am an agent of RSS). You must have read the review by Prof. Phool Chand Manav, on my book 'Katal Hee Hundey Aaye Sooraj', in daily Punjabi Tribune. It was considered a BRAVE step in those days (1993) by Prof. Manav. Military tried to stop our classes. :cry: Spy from Punjab Police used to come to my classes. Chandigarh Police made a five hour long video movie about me and my students, during a 'Nagar Keertan'. BUT I was not framed by the Police. Why? Was I preaching Brahmanism among the Sikh children?

Most of the people do not understand the meaning of Brahmanism. Will you please explain it, sir? :respect:

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

Dear amrit

Veer ji. I think 'Gurbilas Patshahi 6' has not been banned. :roll: I think the edition edited by Jathedar Joginder Singh has been banned. I could be wrong, as I do not know the exact situation.

I think the edition by Vedanti is in circulation...

Was he a danger to India or Indian Government? Why could he have been falsely framed ? Some Buddhist writers are using even filthy language against Ramayan and other Hindu books. Why are they not framed?

Buddhist are a harmles creatures with nothing to defend themselves... moreover no body is listening you them in India...

Sir, have you read 'Gur Bilas Patshahi 6'? If it is preaching Brahmanism practises, then how is it different from Gur Pratap Sooraj Granth, Gur Bilas Patshahi 10 (Sukh Singh), Mahma Prakash, Bansawalinama etc?

Thats what I am asking you at first place... What is there in his writing that irks you... I am presently reading a soft copy of banned book "Gurbilas Patshashi 6-Gurbani Dee Kasauti Tae" by G.S. KalaAfgana... :D, so i will give here updates on what he has written on GP-6.

In the prefac itself, he has said that bansavalinama etc have been forced on Sikhs under a conspiracy to dilute Sikh Guru teachings so lets see what he has to say on GP6 critically...

I am the only person in your city (Mohali), who organised 'Gatka Classes', especially against the RSS after the demolition of Babri Mosque. :nihung: (now it is said that I am an agent of RSS). You must have read the review by Prof. Phool Chand Manav, on my book 'Katal Hee Hundey Aaye Sooraj', in daily Punjabi Tribune. It was considered a BRAVE step in those days (1993) by Prof. Manav. Military tried to stop our classes. :cry: Spy from Punjab Police used to come to my classes. Chandigarh Police made a five hour long video movie about me and my students, during a 'Nagar Keertan'. BUT I was not framed by the Police. Why? Was I preaching Brahmanism among the Sikh children?

No offense... I could not gather the purpose of holding Gatka Classes... :roll: and I have not read your book either... what this book is all about... ? Mohali was the most peaceful area during the 1980s and 90s... I dont know why ? but it was peaceful... well I do not know what you were preaching... please tell us what you were preaching so that we can gather from that what you were preaching... :)

Most of the people do not understand the meaning of Brahmanism. Will you please explain it, sir?

Well, I gather that you know the meaning perfectly... please update our knowledge...

Chardi Kala

Can any body, please, tell us what are the views of Mr. Gurbaksh Singh 'Kala Afghana' on these topics: -

1. Jaap Sahib, (Sri Dasam Granth)

2. The first stanza of the Sikh Prayer 'Pritham Bhagauti Simar Kai'.

3. Amrit Vela.

4. Chaupai 'Hamri Karo Haath Dai Rachhchha'

5. The five 'Ks'.

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

What is there in his writing that irks you...

Irks me? :LOL: . His writings did not irk me. He is not the first writer whose writings created controversy. He is neither the first nor last controversial writer. There is a long chain of such writers. Didn't you read the writings published by 'Panch Khalsa Diwan, Bhasaur'? Didn't you read the book on Sri Dasam Granth by Gyani Bhag Singh Ambala?

Mr. Gurbaksh Singh 'Kala Afghana' can never irk me, Sir. There is nothing new in his writings, my brother. Use of 'Gurbani Di Kasauti' on Bhagat Bani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib by 'Panch Khalsa Diwan' could not irritate me, then how can it irk me, if someone tried to use 'Gurbani Di Kasauti' on Sri Dasam Granth? I always pray for 'Sarbat Da Bhala' and Mr. Gubaksh Singh 'Kala Afghana' is a part of 'Sarbat'.

:roll: It is not the matter that one should use 'GURBANI Di Kasauti' or not. Matter is which is GURBANI.

Sarbat Da Bhala,

Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

amrit wrote

I did not make any comment on his writings. What I said was how some pro-Kala Afghana people turned into anti-Kala Afghana, when they were told that he was once charged for a theft.

I am the only person in your city (Mohali), who organised 'Gatka Classes', especially against the RSS after the demolition of Babri Mosque.

Irks me? . His writings did not irk me.

here is my quostions for amrit---

1. why you did not make comment on kalaafghan? why you avoid him? are you afrade of any one?

2. why you closed your gatka class? rss defeated you very badly in your own city.

3. you are very anti women. you did not teech any girl in you class. no girl student of you.

kulwinder kaur

Irks me? :LOL: . His writings did not irk me. He is not the first writer whose writings created controversy. He is neither the first nor last controversial writer. There is a long chain of such writers. Didn't you read the writings published by 'Panch Khalsa Diwan, Bhasaur'? Didn't you read the book on Sri Dasam Granth by Gyani Bhag Singh Ambala?

Mr. Gurbaksh Singh 'Kala Afghana' can never irk me, Sir. There is nothing new in his writings, my brother. Use of 'Gurbani Di Kasauti' on Bhagat Bani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib by 'Panch Khalsa Diwan' could not irritate me, then how can it irk me, if someone tried to use 'Gurbani Di Kasauti' on Sri Dasam Granth? I always pray for 'Sarbat Da Bhala' and Mr. Gubaksh Singh 'Kala Afghana' is a part of 'Sarbat'.

:roll: It is not the matter that one should use 'GURBANI Di Kasauti' or not. Matter is which is GURBANI.

Sarbat Da Bhala,

Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

Dear Amrit

You can laugh out loud... but remember that author of Gurbilas Series is unknown likewise is the case of bansavalinama etc... so if those writing do not irk you at all then why Kala Afgana's writing are wrong when he ably tackles these books on the "Kasauti of Gurbani"... seems quite fair to me...

Chardi Kala

here is my quostions for amrit---

1. why you did not make comment on kalaafghan? why you avoid him? are you afrade of any one?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Am I afraid of anyone? Na Ji Aisee Taan Koi Gal Nahi Ji, but I avoid to make comment on his writings. I am busy with my Gurbani and history studies. I am busy in writing for www.amritweb.com. I lost many of my articles, so I have to rewrite. It takes too much time. And I am not physically fit now-a-days. So, I cannot spare time to talk about Khafi Khan, Gyani Bhag Singh Ambala, Panch Khalsa Diwan, Indra Gandhi, Narinder Singh Grewal, Piyara Singh Bhaniyara, Mr. Gurbaksh Singh Kala Afghana etc.

2. why you closed your gatka class? rss defeated you very badly in your own city.

The RSS defeated me? Achhchha?

It seems you know me personally. If you think I was defeated, then you must know who was responsible for it.

Vaisey Bhain Ji, how can you say that the RSS defeated ME? The RSS is a very big organisation. I am with 'Khaalee Jeb' (empty pocket). They sent their men to Korea to learn martial arts. They have money. They have people behind them. I was fighting 'Nangey Dharh', naked body. Even then, I was NOT defeated. I used to teach martial arts, but I am not physically fit for it. Now, I am trying to teach history, Gurbani etc.

Yes, I am defeated somewhere. I am defeated on INTERNET. I thought I could do something here. It was my mistake. My friends and my enemies are right there in my own city.

I am not worried about the RSS. They could not do harm to me. I know them very well. I am more nationalist than the RSS.

3. you are very anti women. you did not teech any girl in you class. no girl student of you.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Both of men and women are human; and I am not anti-human. :wink:

I did not teach any girl? It is not true, madam. What, if I say that any girl did not come to me to learn? :P

Ik Gal Puchhchhaan Ji? Kadey Shareer Ton Praanh Vi Dekhiya Hai Ji? Will you always remain a male or female? Kadey 'Insaan' Vee Bann Ke Vekh Lavo Ji.

Well, I do not think you are a new member on this forum. An old member with a new ID? What do you say, Veer ji/Bhain ji?

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

You can laugh out loud...

:roll: Thank you very much for your permission.

author of Gurbilas Series is unknown likewise is the case of bansavalinama etc...

It is not right to say that the writers of those books are unknown.

'Bansavalinama' was written by 'Kesar Singh Chhibbar'. He himself has given his name. Here are FIVE examples from his book: -

1. 'Singh Kesar Chhibbar Kee Benti, Budh Dittee Ustad'. (Stanza 4, first chapter).

2. 'Ab Suniyai Gur Angad Jee Kee Baat. Singh Kesar Chhibbar Aakh Sunaat'. (Stanza 1, second chapter).

3. 'Singh Kesar Agge Terahwaan Charan Kah Dye'. (Stanza 105, chapter twelve).

4. 'Singh Kesar Chhibbar Jo Diththha Akhkheen So Kaheya'. (Stanza 36, chapter thirteen).

5. 'Singh Kesar Chhibbar Hai Neech Neechaan'. (Stanza 401, chapter fourteen).

Yeh Dil Maangey More? :wink: Zaroor Jee: - 'Gurbilas Patshahee 10, by Kuyar Singh' is written by Bhai Kuyar Singh. 'Gurbilas Patshahee 10, by Sukha Singh' is written by Bhai Sukha Singh. 'Mehma Prakash' is written by Sroop Das Bhalla. 'Gur Pratap Sooraj' is written by Bhai Santokh Singh. 'Pracheen Panth Prakash' is written by Bhai Ratan Singh Bhangu. 'Panth Prakash' is written by Gyani Gyan Singh.

Regards,

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'