If u want to become a Nihang do you have to re take amrit?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh, but that means "us" in the west are never continously in conflict that would measns there's no reason for u to learn martial arts of any sort as, violence is the last resort :shock:

u missed my piont, chatka just like shastar vidiya is not a must fore sikhs, but we should still no how to do chatka on the baddies :P, so that would meen we still need to no how to eat a animal, its like keeping the martial heritgie alive, cuz u need to practise b4 u can bcome perfect.

From what i have read/researched, chatka was implied as it was completly opposite to the method used by muslims, me personaly thinks that chatka is not required, but Halal is forbidden, so i eat what ever is not halal, n e ways i trying to stick to topic, i only eat at KFC :) n i no that aint halal, KFC offer me both chiken n beef at a cheap rate n it aint halal, so i happy.

Ok guys, ...if you are eating meat from kfc , burger king etc then you are eating it for the jib da swad and you are abusing the jhatka maryada of budda dal... then you have no right to associate with budda dal or even nihangs in general.

i have seen t.v commericals on kfc...i have tasted it myself before amrit....as they say- it's finger licking good...so lets not justify our acts by bringing maryada into it...we all know deep inside...we are all guilty of it somewhat (not only eating tasty meat but eating loads of food more than its needed as well.)

Actually Mr N30 they are not abusing the Buddha Dal maryada. Some peol would argue that chatka means killing in one blow, which could include the methods used by modern butchers. Although many interpret it as being killed by a sikh. This is down to ure perception.

As for abusing Buddha dal maryada... who are you N3O?

I didn't know you had taken over Shromani Akali Buddha Dal from Jathedar Baba Santa Singh. Only Baba Ji can decide whether thi is against buddha dal maryada.

I hear that he has allowed certain concessions for Nihang Singh who live in the UK... maybe its just rumours?

But what I do know is that you N3O bhaji have NO authority over what Buddha dal maryada allows and doesn't allow.

I think that if you are going to eat maas.. make sure that the animal has lived a good life. Eat organic and free range, and make sure that the animals have had a good life. Dont eat this mass produced stuff. Eat maas from free range animals, who have lived a better life. This is better for the animal and for your aatmaa.

I do agree that people who associate themselves with Budha dal should eat maas which is free range. Have some taras on the animals. Dont eat from KFC because it is convinient. Go to your local supermarket and buy free range animals which have lived a good life. It will take you longer, but at least you know the animal hasnt suffered cruelty like battery hens which are used in most fast food chains have.

Think before you eat... and N30 Ji think before you talk.. lol...only joking

Have mercy on the animals make sure they havent suffered. And wherever you can chatka animals ureself... if you want to eat maas.

Gurbarakaaaal!

Actually Mr N30 they are not abusing the Buddha Dal maryada. Some peol would argue that chatka means killing in one blow, which could include the methods used by modern butchers. Although many interpret it as being killed by a sikh. This is down to ure perception.

What's the prove of modern butchers doing jhatka of animals?? I don't know about england, but here are enuf lawsuits lying around against slaughterhouse mistreating animals then killing them. Why would any one who beleive in karma , would rely on these psycho butchers??

As for abusing Buddha dal maryada... who are you N3O?

I didn't know you had taken over Shromani Akali Buddha Dal from Jathedar Baba Santa Singh. Only Baba Ji can decide whether thi is against buddha dal maryada.

But what I do know is that you N3O bhaji have NO authority over what Buddha dal maryada allows and doesn't allow.

I may not have right to say anything in internal affairs of budda dal. But guess what?? Above from all these jatha's and sampardava's... As a sikh of guru gobind singh ji maharaj, i have every right to tell my fellow sikhs of guroo gobind singh ji maharaj, to be careful as where they draw the line??

I hear that he has allowed certain concessions for Nihang Singh who live in the UK... maybe its just rumours?

If this was a case, why not nihang's living in countries living countries like canada, germany?? Why only in england??

I am very close with Nihang Gurmant Singh, who lived in budda dal for decades and is very close with jathedar 2nd hand command baba surjit singh ji and also was in seva of baba santa singh ji. He told me, nihangs in england abuse the maryada, if they were to do that india..they would have gotten jhotiya from the farladhari singh if not the main jathedar... He doesn't go to kfc or burger or any fast food restaurtants..He wouldn't trust them.. he would go buy meat from punjabi jhatka shop..then bring the meat home..do chandi di var while cooking it.

As you himself said in your post that don't eat kfc, burger king. From what i know, there are types of maryada- panthik maryada and internal maryada...these singhs who eat kfc, burger king...they should keep it to themselves but when you bring that internal maryada and try to mix up the panthik maryada thats where the problem rises.

get em from new zealand, its liek 3 million people compared to like 40 million sheep. u wa they been up to :shock:

harrasment

This is your last warning, stick to the topic or else you will get banned..no joke this time..take your chit-chat to general discussion section... you already have 2 warnings..

I am very close with Nihang Gurmant Singh, who lived in budda dal for decades and is very close with jathedar 2nd hand command baba surjit singh ji and also was in seva of baba santa singh ji. He told me, nihangs in england abuse the maryada, if they were to do that india..they would have gotten jhotiya from the farladhari singh if not the main jathedar... He doesn't go to kfc or burger or any fast food restaurtants..He wouldn't trust them.. he would go buy meat from punjabi jhatka shop..then bring the meat home..do chandi di var while cooking it.

Why not change the topic of the thread to:

"Why insecure self-righteous individuals have serious issues about other people's dietary habits"

So not eating Chatka meat is now categorised as 'abuse' - yet buying meat from a 'Punjabi Jhatka Shop' is now acceptable (because N30Singh said so).

F.Y.I. N3oSingh, 96 Crore Singh Sahib Akali Nihang Baba Santa Singh is aware that not all Nihangs eat Chatka meat all the time, and has never given 'jhotiya' for such an act. Could Nihang Gurmant Singh please provide evidence WHEN and WHERE a Nihang was given 'jhotiya' for not eating Chatka meat.

In addition, just because you happen to know Nihang Gurmant Singh (or as you put it, are 'very close' with him) does not mean that:

a) he is the sole authority on Budha Dal Maryada

B) that everything he says is representative of the Budha Dal Maryada

c) his opinion is equal to the Jathedar of the Budha Dal

There are MANY Nihang Singhs who have served Baba Santa Singh Ji, and Baba Surjit Singh...this is in no way an indicator of their depth of wisdom....some cannot even recite Japji Sahib and are just there to shoot people if the sh!t were to ever hit the fan.

The reality is that Nihang Gurmant Singh represents a growing number of Nihang Singhs who (like the Haria Vela Nihangs) wishes to appease the sentiments of mainstream Sikhs who have certain expectations of what an ideal 'Nihang Singh' is. They will say what the audience wishes to hear - and will change their tune when in the company of Nihangs. The reality is that Nihang Maryada possesses a wide variation of codes of conduct - perhaps Nihang Gurmant Singh can explain all these to N30Singh - and he in turn can list them here.

Also, Nihang Niddar Singh is the official JATHEDAR of the Budha Dal in the UK, and is recognised by the Budha Dal. Akali Nihang Baba Santa Singh (who gave Nihang Niddar Singh the 'Jathedari' of the UK) is also aware of what goes on in the UK with regards to the Nihangs, and the websites, and has no problem with it. If anything, he encourages us to continue what we are doing.

If this does not sit well with either yourself or Gurmant Singh, please lodge a formal complaint to the Budha Dal but try not to misinform the sangat.

..and please leave KFC and MacDonalds out of the discussions - everyone who has taste knows they dont serve meat, just flavoured cardboard :roll:

cheers.

could i also ask is he officially uk jathedar of buddha dal I mean is there confirmation in writing or a video?

well most likily there is a letter of some sort.

There are MANY Nihang Singhs who have served Baba Santa Singh Ji, and Baba Surjit Singh...this is in no way an indicator of their depth of wisdom....some cannot even recite Japji Sahib and are just there to shoot people if the sh!t were to ever hit the fan.

erm...doesnt any1 think thats a bit weird??A nihang who doesnt kno Japji sahib??? Is that the standard of nihangs at Buda Daal?? Shocking!!

Akali Nihang Baba Santa Singh provided Nihang Niddar Singh with a letter confirming his position as Jathedar of the Budha Dal in the UK while ago.

There was no need to make this information public - until that is certain people/groups started questioning his affiliation with the Budha Dal. The trigger for this was the first release of www.sarbloh.info which introduced the term 'admin cut. The website also set the record straight with regards to real Nihangs and imposters who dupe people into THINKING they are Nihangs, ie, by selectively adopting/rejecting aspects of Nihang Maryada and condemning practices such as Chatka/Sukha/Tilak/Shiv Swaroop.

Later, these same people/groups started to exclaim that the Nihangs of the UK are a "rogue element" who are not representing the Budha Dal correctly. They also hijacked the term 'admin cut' (possibility due to the lack of creative ability) and began referring to the Nihangs of the UK as 'Nangs'.

This anger is the reaction to the information being released on the Sanatan Sikh websites which is directly affecting their interests in propagating their own blend of Sikhism and recruitment processes.

Anyway, thats about it....not much point in taking this thread any further because not everyone will see eye to eye on this issue, and it will end up getting personal.

well its not like Narsingha has the letter for that u are actually gonna have to go to the Jathedar of Budha Dal UK him self, other than that no piont jus sitting their demanding letters, u should go look for it.