Disrespect for Puratan Sikhi!

Guest Javanmard

“i heard there is a few singhs in uk that wear proper Akali Bunge, with the bamboo/wood frame underneath the damallas!â€

bamboo/wood frame underneath the damallas? So that’s why the puraatan dumalaas were so pointy on top? Lalleshwari, you must know….

When you look at old sketches/paintings done by European travelers, usually they always show the puraatan Akalis wearing Dumallas like this:

1162_popd[1].jpg

Why and how did the puraatan dumaalas get so pointy on top? Did puraatan Singhs put something underneath to make it so pointy?

1. The rise of eurocentrism and nationalism: a recurrent fact in European history. Because Europe as a separate civilisation is actually a 19th century construct Europeans tend to try to eliminate anything that reminds them of the fact that they worship a Messiah that came from the Middle East, ow their 15th century Rennaissance and technological advancement to Islam and that they have built their modern ideologies on the premisse that "God is dead". Their "civilisation" is based on exploitation and this has been rendered easy by disarming citizens making them perfect victims for any ideological system.

The Khalsa goes against all of those things as we have Akal Purakh at the centre of everything and believe in the ideal of the sant-sipahi.

2. The constant need for Westeners to look for scape goats for their problems: 50 years ago it was the Jews, today it's the Muslims and in the future... let's have a guess!!!

3. It makes me laugh: all these commiteevale idiots offering saropas to politicians and inisting that Sikhi is not like Islam etc... hopping that the "white civilised man" is going to spare us!!!!

4. Remember German Jews: they thought no one was ever going to persecute them and look what happened to them! As a visible minority believing in the ideal of sant-sipahi we will sooner or later be the target of persecution as well. The examples of France and Germany are only signs of what will happen in the future.

5. This could be avoided if we actually educated people and had an active and positive part in society but it seems that there is no respect for intellectuals in our community anyway and that people prefer to spend 200£ on langar and have their name recited during the ardas rather than helping their fellow human beings next door. Khalsa Raj my friends is us taking over all areas where the secular government fails! It's us creating an alternatice free and high quality education system, helping the homeless not just with soup but giving them a home, it's helping drug addicts to get out of their nightmare, it's making housing affordable etc...

be in Panjab, Uk or China!!!!

But of course it's so much easier to sit on our fat arses telling ourselves how good we are because we had our names recited during ardas on Sunday! It's so much easier to follow SGPC Sikhi and stop asking questions and just being a sheep!

VJKK VJKF

The points above are really extremelynaive. It is not the Europeans who became racist it is the Muslims who have became aggressive and now we live with the fall out. I have friends in the UK and Europe and tell me that they did not have the same scale of problems before 9/11. Here in Australia we get the same weird looks from Australians when my father and brothers go out to areas outside our majority of Sikh families live. These feelings have increased after the Bali bombings. My point is that it is not the inharant racism of the local people but their confusion with the terrorist attacks carried out by the muslims. You are being very flippant and naive to criticise the Sikhs who point out that Sikhs are not Muslims. Isn't this what Guru Nanak also said. Muslims here and as well as in Europe are on the rampage. recently some immigrant Muslims from Pakistan raped some Australian Girls and their excuse was that their culture had made them think that women who walked around town without male family members were loose and they could do what they wanted to them. One group was Pakistani and one of the scum committed suicide in prison. Before this some Lebenese Muslims gang raped some schoolgirls and gave the same excuse. One thing I find hard to understand is the Sikhs who go around trying to say that Islam isn't about terrorism when we Sikhs are the ones who suffered the most from Muslim terrorism both in the 18 century and now with the fallout of Muslim terrorism.

I have read all your posts and it seems that you are not a born Sikh, so I understand how you do not have any feelings for our Sikh ancestors who were killed by Muslims in 18 century. You see the small positives of Islam and we have seen and experienced the great negatives of islam.

naunidhi kaur, it seems that u have a lot of hatred towards muslims. perhaps u should try not to let your hatred cloud your judgement. to stereotype people is one of the greatest evils in this world... & u've completely misinterpreted guru nanak dev ji's message (i'm assuming u are talking about 'na koi hindu, na koi mussalman). it is about the oneness of humanity, not about creating yet another divide.

I have read all your posts and it seems that you are not a born Sikh, so I understand how you do not have any feelings for our Sikh ancestors who were killed by Muslims in 18 century. You see the small positives of Islam and we have seen and experienced the great negatives of islam.

that is probably the most disgusting thing i have read on this forum to date! to assume that someone who was not born a sikh should have less pyar for the gurus or towards sikhs in the past is pure ignorance & completely racist!

To label islam as a negative effect on the world is damn stupid, the nau nidh are no good if you dont have common sense else you will end up losing everything you have not just your nau nidh..

If islam was incorrect then why would Mahraj Guru Nanak dev Ji say that a muslim should become a better muslim and a hindu a better hindu.. It would have made more sense if Guru Nanak had set up the khalsa in Mecca and told everyone to become sikh as naunidhi kaur of the 21C feels Islam has nothing more to offer then planes in buildings and bombs strapped to children..

If you cant see past your own nose, then dont walk outside, simple if you really think all islam has to offer is hate then stay inside your own bubble with your eyes closed and your mouth shut.

AND ps I am a born sikh.. and I feel for those sikhs who were killed by not only muslims, but by hindus, and most importantly I feel for those sikhs who were killed by their OWN..

Guest Javanmard

I trust that naunidhi kaur is an authority on Islam who has studied the appropriate primary secondary and primary literature to be able to make such comments and not just some cheap internet sites! As for my origins they are the same as yours: born through Maharaj's grace, living by His grace and returning to Him through his grace!!!