Feeling Low?

Guest Sehjo Kaur

Guest Sehjo Kaur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Ever felt really frustrated and sad for no apparent reason. Hopeless and empty, not wanting to do anything, not even Nitnem, Paath or Kirtan. That feeling of not caring and being immune to the world. Sadness welling up everytime you had a few minutes alone so it would make you want to find someone to talk to, to try to fill that void, and avoid being alone? Sounds silly, or maybe familiar to you guys, I feel it right now, just want it to go away :( .

GurFateh

WAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKIFATEH!

Yes I understand how you feel. I feel like that every so often. I feel empty as if something is missing. Then we look for all possibilites to vill the void, friends, ones we would like to be with, academic/soical acheivments, Sikhi... Its Sikhi mostly for me but living in kalyug we want to fill the void with something else. We always look for satisfation and instant gratification. These pleasures are only temporary. The eternal pleasure i.e Naam is the Greatest but the hardest to obtain ironically.

WAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKIFATEH!

I've had similar feelings that i let build up inside for a couple of years at least. Results really took their toll when i found that i was out of education, out of work, stuck at home all day long with no cash, nothing to do etc, while everyone else is out enjoying, doing something productive etc. Its even worse when you force yourself to stick to religious and other principles which you see get broken everyday by your friends, family, co-religionists etc. Things that you used to enjoy doing but now cant because you are on the path of religion.

You know what, talking about things helps, but in my experience i found writing about how you really feel inside can do you a world of wonders. That may sound odd since writing is such a minor thing but i found it very useful therapy.

Well, i dont know what is on your mind but internet is pretty anonymous and even though i feel embarrassed still about some letters i wrote under an old ID i can honestly tell you that writing an in-depth letter on how you feel and making it public can help put your mind at ease and get you thinking clearly.

I always go to gym and feel like human for the one day (Just imagine you have no attachment to anyone). It works for me most of the time. You should start cardio workout as well. It is good to get rid of those feelings by exercising and also you can try what “hywassupdude†recommended.

exercise releases endomorphins into ur blood stream wich are like pain killers that make running easier after bout 20mins. they also give you what is called "runners high". do something to release stress like exercise, or jusr go for a walk, take in the fresh air, llok at the beauty of nature. Stand in awe of Maharaajs creation!

Guest Sehjo Kaur

Thanks you guys, hehe, feeling better, I reckon it was probably one of many things or all? Harry Potter new film or an email from the sweetest bro ever or a PM from a crazy Bhainji, man...its good to be a Sikh ;). Have these great people around during the bad times, its what its all about, they remind me about Guru Ji being Ang Sang, Vaheguru!!!

Jahan u look like dr zeus my brother!

Sehjo kaur, dont worry about it penji. We all do it..we all feel it. Its just normal! Dont let it bug u/worry you. Since u think about waheguru all the time and everyday (;) ) maybe this is symptoms of him withdrawing from u and giving u some space..after all without dharam and naam we are but ghosts!

Akaaaaaaaaaaaaal

i agree with Jahan. writing down how u feel can really help.

if not that, then talkin to someone u trust.

and if not that, then goin to the gurudwara and just sittin there anonymously. close ur eyes and just let the kirtan touch ur soul.

if not that then... um... meditate.

if not that, then just remember that we're all human and we make mistakes. no one's perfect even though u might feel the need to be perfect.

if not that, then just let urself feel the bairaag and let urself have a good cry. sometimes tha's all it really takes.