Sikhi is way of life Yet people make it sooo damn hard !!!!

I dont know whether to laugh or cry but why sikhs make sikhi soo damn hard?? :bling: :bling:

First of all you don't need to go to jungles and attained bhram-gyan.... if you are soo eager to go to jungle why dont you think your room as jungle.. its all mind.. .

Man Jittaie Jaag Jit || (Japji Sahib Ji )

You dont need to be very uptight about yourself either.... like people(amritdharis) dont talk to people who is not their type or have same beleif... or they dont even laugh.like its a sin... i think thats not what our guroo maharaj expected us to be... amrit suppose to give you mukhti not bind you in bharams... !

Guru Nanak Dev Nirankar gave us - Naam, Dhaan, Ishanan along with this atamik bachan:

source: http://www.sikhnet.com/sggs/translation/0522.html

naanak satgur bhayti-ai pooree hovai jugat.

O Nanak, meeting the True Guru, one comes to know the Perfect Way.

hasandi-aa khaylandi-aa painandi-aa khaavandi-aa vichay hovai mukat. ||2||

While laughing, playing, dressing and eating, he is liberated. ||2||

Take ease on yourself... let bairaag, bhavna(sharda) and prem towards Satguroo nanak dev Nirankar be your Khasam... give him your daour(knot). I think we should let ourselves goo......just give him everything.... first develop love towards him.........then think of this human life that guroo maharaj gave it to you. Its a major bakshish.... that he gave you this human chance....

"Eho Tari Baari Aaa Gobind Millan Di ".

Don't waste your life on who is right or wrong..... who is srimoni or not...jehraie sirimoni hai ..appaie pragat ho jo !

I think we should explore ourselves more than concentrate on what's next guy or whats next jatha doing.......at the end of the day its personal relationship between you and your atam dev.......read sant/mahapurkh's books and see for yourself atam anand they get and been through....full anand hiii anand...jhim jhim barsaie amrit dhara..... they have felt the amrit dhara in their dasam dwara......we can feel it too ...just need some effort....forget about strugglin gettin up amrit -vela first.. but first develop your pyaar, baairaag, bhavna towards atam dev....then slowly take it....it will much benefiticial then forcing yourself doing bhagti.... can't do it...need samundar of bairaag, bhavna towards atam dev..!

Please leave your views... i m maha-moorakh.. so appoligies if any mistakes... !

Gurfateh,

Bro wat's up? :?: Who made u feel this way man?

listen, there are always going to be those who are going to be extreme in their views. that will never change. The only thing is that you have to change yourself and keep your relationship with Waheguru up.

At the end of the day, noone will go woth you, neither will their views, you will go and waheguru will be there by your side so don't worry about those who won't do this/that, etc.............

That has happened, is happening and will continue to happen.

Do not worry about them, just work on yourself................

Point of my posts..let me clarify by puttin more questions...

We need to ask ourself(amritdharis) first-

-Are we treating everyone right?

- How many times have you admitted i may be wrong.. next person must be wiser than me? And give up the debate ... (Nah ... We are all in our ego-bandwagon).

- How many times we criticize others but never look at ourselves instead?

- Are we seeing khuda/god in everyone just like how our khasam (Satguroo nanak dev nirankar" did?

- How come so many non-amritdharis have bad image of amritdharis?? what can be done?? why there is a barrier?? mis-communication or fanaticsm perhaps??

- How we(sikhs) are in our own world?? But don't see world hunger crisis in - Sudan, Bangladesh, Africa and else-where instead make fancy gurdwara's, funding sikh fanatic groups who blow up planes and want to make sikhi as wahabism.

- Why we all (amritdharis) have forgotten real purpose of being sikhs....?? Which is pyaar.... without prem god is not acheived.. not only love god but his creations.... ?

And I beg those who got put off by sikhi just because of other people's view.. my request on their feet(charan)....please for one second think... this is only his views of sikhi not offical view...soo many flavours of sikhi just like rainbow ..you have to explore all of them......... .. this is about expereincing truth... expereincing the spirituality ... this is about expereincing divine creations all existed in par-bhram ..god given human body which is atam saroop of nirankar himself.... don't waste your time on such people.. i m not saying other dharma dont have these spirituality. but all i m saying... why go elsewhere when your house has all the gems?

i can't see my dharma gettin hijacked by bunch of people.... so appoligies if any mistakes... !

-Are we treating everyone right?

- How many times have you admitted i may be wrong.. next person must be wiser than me? And give up the debate ... (Nah ... We are all in our ego-bandwagon).

- How many times we criticize others but never look at ourselves instead?

I think when some of us start to act self righteous and judge others as “Ram Raiaa†and “heritic†it is going to cause more hate, bitterness and tension.

Guest -akalsharan-

Good point singh47, but say in some instances the comments are true (though nasty/not very pleasant, but true), should one not make these comments in order to keep things sweet between everyone?

Well some fool came up to me (probably from taliban.org) and requested for some saroops of some Mahapurush to be taken down where they were going to do Kirtan as they were 'distracting'. I was stunned so I acted like a dazed zombie (perfected technique), and another one came up to me and started slagging off all Sants, because of the title apparently it automatically made them all perverts, it was quite pathetic but made me laugh. I guess this is why some people seem like heretics and fanatical maniacs who wish to have everything in their comfortable little boxes, black and white, no regard for the obvious shades of grey. As Neo once told me, one of his friends is a Monaa but has more Sharda than these so called Sarbloh Bibeki taliban members, so let's stop being so...sigh.

sorry, don't think so, their narrow mindedness is the same as what the taliban portray, also, I dont know if you've bothered reading the posts there, as one of the mods posted up, they are all raving mad and anti-sant genuine or not, and that is a good comparison my friend.

If the views of a few (most of whom don't even use their real name) defines the entire forum, then there is no perfect forum on the internet. Besides, the Taliban believed in eradicating all non-Islamic religions. Where did Tapoban say a word against other religions or put them down or even breathe about getting rid of them? You cannot deny the fact that your comparison is not only your biased personal opinion, but blown out of proportion. Yes I know you are going to call my views as a biased personal opinion as well, but atleast I called a spade a spade. It is totally improper and incorrect to compare rocket science with literature written by Shakespeare (that was just an example) and view them with the same measuring scale.

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

Dear All,

Please can we refrain from any immature discusions concerning this or any other discussion forums. This is not a place to do so, if needed take this across PM.

We are all entitled to our views, whilst certain negative sentiments aired on other forums about SA have been brought to our attention (largely owing to the more open discussion forum we strive to hold, which does not suit everyone's taste), this is not to be treated as an invitation for us to follow suit in anyway.

There are bigger and more important matters to be discussed and this topic is now looking to stray away from the initial discussion.

Thanks,

SMS.

Sat Sri Akal Jee,

I totally agree with your first two posts N3o SINGH. Every point you made there is soo true...

including, the point about admitting wrong,

Criticism of others

Seeing God in others (I think most Sikhs only see God in other sikhs and do not see non-sikhs having the capability of being one with God)

THe point about the hunger crisis is soo true.... there is soo much that needs to be done.

Let me say something bluntly and im not going to be diplomatic.

if neo singhs 'monaa' friend has so much shardaa then he would have adopted Guru Ji's Saroop.

A look at the tapoban singhs will show that they TRY and follow Guru Ji's rehit to the best of their ability and UNDERSTANDING.

If you have an OPINION that they are wrong at least they are making genuine ate,pts rather than this monaa friend who has more shardaa but is all based on words. If his shardaa was as much he would adopt sikhi saroop.

and neo singh your opinion on sikhs tryin to make sikhi hard isnt quite correct.

We should strive to do as much of Guru Ji's rehit as possible.

GURU JI HIMSELF CALLED SIKHI HARD!

kha(n)niahu thikhee vaalahu nikee eaeth maarag jaanaa ||

The path they take is sharper than a two-edged sword, and finer than a hair.

xw ]

Maybe i havent emphasised my point enough

kha(n)ddae dhhaar galee ath bheerree ||

This path is very narrow, like the sharp edge of a sword.

or

thrikhee kha(n)ddae dhhaar hai ouh vaalahu(n) nikee||

It is thinner than the hair and sharper than the edge of the sword.

or

kha(n)niahu thikhee bahuth pieenee ||

It is sharper than a two-edged sword, and very narrow.

WHO SAID SIKHI WAS EASY?!?!?!

Let me say something bluntly and im not going to be diplomatic.

if neo singhs 'monaa' friend has so much shardaa then he would have adopted Guru Ji's Saroop.

A look at the tapoban singhs will show that they TRY and follow Guru Ji's rehit to the best of their ability and UNDERSTANDING.

If you have an OPINION that they are wrong at least they are making genuine ate,pts rather than this monaa friend who has more shardaa but is all based on words. If his shardaa was as much he would adopt sikhi saroop.

and neo singh your opinion on sikhs tryin to make sikhi hard isnt quite correct.

We should strive to do as much of Guru Ji's rehit as possible.

GURU JI HIMSELF CALLED SIKHI HARD!

kha(n)niahu thikhee vaalahu nikee eaeth maarag jaanaa ||

The path they take is sharper than a two-edged sword, and finer than a hair.

xw ]

So are you saying sehajdhari, udhasi sikhs cant get to sachkhand even they did some sort of intitation ie- charan phaul or received mantra from their mahatama/guroo (like from baba sri chand lineage)??

That is strange because in our sikh history there were enough mahapursh belong to udhasi sampardha didnt get khanda di phaul but different intitation and they were jivan mukht.

Your response was quite expected who failed to recnognize the diversity in the Sikhi

Guru Nanak Dev Nirankar must be ashamed people who advocate orthodoxy in dharma instead of Love !

Let me ask you then !

what was the purpose of Guru Nanak Dev Nirankar creating - Sikhi if sikhs are going to act like bhramins....I think Bhramins in those times were doing the job of monoply over Par-Bhram(Nirankar).

Also your post regards to sikhi being not easy.. i personally love that quote.. i think bhakti marg is quite hard... with lot of dedication and love... but at the same time concept of bhakti marg is pretty straight forward not zig-zag in that area.. thats what my post was referring to not the difficulties in different stages of bhakti marg.

Sorry to go on a tanget here, but Neo you just mentioned bhakti marg...

Well I know that one of the three paths in Hinduism is bhakti marga (path of devotion to a god)...I realize in Sikhi it's different. But I have never heard of it used in Sikhi, so I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind elaborating a bit..thanks.