Row over ‘Mundavni’ resurfaces

SAadmin

Row over ‘Mundavni’ resurfaces

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, October 14

The Damdami Taksal (Bhinderan) and the Akhand Kirtani Jatha seem to be on warpath on a controversy over ‘Mundavni’, authored by Sikh scholar Giani Gurdit Singh. Jatha members claimed that the ‘Maryada’ published by Taksal did not conform to the ‘Maryada’, prescribed by Akal Takht and the SGPC.

While Jathedar of Patna Sahib Giani Iqbal Singh had already imposed a ban on the controversial book ‘Mundavni’, the Damdami Taksal had supported the move. However, the Akhand Kirtani Jatha has openly come in the support of Giani Gurdit Singh and concluded that the bhog of Akhand Path should be on ‘Mundavni’ only. Bibi Harsharn Kaur and Bhai Mohan Singh said that Akal Takht was supreme and its directive on panthic issues should be considered as final. They said other takhts had the right to take up local issues only.

The Akhand Kirtani Jatha said the controversy over ‘Mundavni’ was uncalled for as the matter was closed by Akal Takht and the SGPC in 1945. Hence, as per the panthic decision, ‘Raagmala’ has not been recited from Akal Takht since then. The jatha members said nobody had the right to divide the panth by raising controversial issues again and again.

This book needs to be banned from all takths... and its author should be declared tankhaiya and along with their supporters???

Woooooo Woooooo Woooo Woooo Wooo.. :D :D

Bad boys, bad boys/boiz... watchya gonnna do ... watchya gonna do When we Come for you... !!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :sikhiwink2:

La la la la lal .. do be doo quack quack quack... do be do quack quack... :mrgreen:

banning is a sign of weakness!

lets get out of these shells, and break loose.

my question to all, can a couple who has not consummated, rave about the fulfillment they get from the physical aspect of their marriage?

sadly, this is what I say to all those who waste time arguing over whether raagmalla should be read after some fat dude with a white kurta pajama, blue patiala shahi pagh, speed reads through guruji and murmurs more than half of his "raul"...

let me share a story:

I met a man once who was learning dilruba from a mirasi in his younger days. the mirasi told him about the effect of raag jaijawanti (which is attributed to guru tegh bahadur ji) and he narrated a story of how his ustaad used to play raag jaijawanti on his sarangi at 9pm...a crowd used to gather and this one old man with a moustache came for a long time, but never spoke....well, one day a saint said to the ustaad "has that old man with the moustache ever spoken to you"....the ustad was in awe because he was surprised the saint knew of the oldman's existence and he said "no never...." the saint interupted and said "how do you expect a jinn to speak!".... (this is a true story)....

if guru ji's raags can attract spirits...what can guruji's baani attract, and I say in conclusion....

"let one who has experienced baani, speak on these matters"

ps. don't post with "good job" or anything else, lets get this topic going!

N3o akal takht has not decided to give a decision on raagmala...Pardon my language but who the hell are you to declare who is tankhaaya.

You are no authority on sikhi.

hheheheheheoeoeoheheheheheheheheh .. i m just giving my views man... soon akaal takth it will be in order of real sampardha's of khalsa panth... then i ll ask them to pack up their booriya bistara :LOL::LOL::LOL:

At that time Raag Maala was currently not being read at Akaal Takht Sahib. Sant ji's nephew got angry at those running Akaal Takht at the time and made some noise about it.

Sant Ji then scolded him as it was an issue that was dividing the panth, and during the time (Dharm Yudh Morcha) it was essential that all Sikhs gather against a greater enemy and a greater problem. Sant Ji told him a time will come when this issue will be handeled but that currently was neither the time nor place, to raise such issues.

That’s not exactly how it happened. Sant Jee’s nephew thought he would make Sant Jee very happy by reading Ragmala, because of Sant Jee’s pro Ragmala stance. After his nephew read out Ragmala he was slapped by Sant Jernail Singh Jee. This happened because although Sant Jee was very pro Ragmala, but he also respected the Maryadha of the Akal Takht. He bowed to the Akal Takht. He would not tolerate anyone doing something against the Akal Takht. So when his nephew went against the Akal Takht Maryadha and read Ragmala, he was scolded and slapped by Sant Jernail Singh Jee.

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

It is interesting to observe accounts of this instance on other forums as well. Those who are pro-raagmala will tend to offer statements such that provided by ShindaSingh (i.e. Panthic unity at a time of distress) whilst the anti-raagmala groups or pro-SGPC groups citing the Singh47 version.

• 1 month later...

Takht Patna Sahib bans book

Declares Giani Gurdit Singh ‘tankhaiya’

Varinder Walia

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, December 2

In an unprecedented move, the Sikh clergy of Takht Patna Sahib today declared Giani Gurdit Singh, a close associate of Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti, Jathedar, Akal Takht, as ‘tankhaiya’ for the book ‘Mundawani’. They also imposed a ban on the book.

The development is likely to plunge the Sikh Panth into a crisis once again. This is, perhaps, for the first time that any Takht has directed the Jathedar of Akal Takht to clarify his stand.

Earlier, Takht Patna Sahib had asked Giani Gurdit Singh and Jathedar Vedanti to appear at Takht Patna Sahib to clarify on the contents of “Mundawani”.

The issue of Giani Gurdit Singh is being taken up at the next meeting of Sikh clerics at Akal Takht.

The ‘hukamnama’ (directive) was signed by all five Sikh priests of Takht Patna Sahib, including Jathedar Iqbal Singh.

On the other hand, Jathedar Vedanti has summoned a meeting of the Sikh clergy at the Akal Takht to recommend action against Jathedar Iqbal Singh.

Jathedar Vedanti had taken the initiative to bury the hatchet with the jathedars of Takht Patna Sahib and Takht Hazoor Sahib and made them sign a common statement that the Akal Takht, being the supreme Takht, would take up panthic issues while the rest of the Takhts would decide on regional issues.

Finally ..sighs... :D .....lets just pray sachkhand hazoor sahib does the same thing....bad bad boys watchya gonna do, watchya gonna do they come for you... its coming true... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

you know, with this never ending raagmala debate...

I think I finally understand why we aren't focusing on less important things such as

1) the high usage of dangerous drugs by the so-called sikh youth

2) the absence of bathroom facilities at darbar sahib

3) the absence of real culture or arts within sikhi

4) the spreading of truth as opposed to gurdwara politics

5) love in general (actually thats taboo, with the way things are going, I might even get dinged for this one)