Hola Mohalla trip

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.. you took it the wrong way my sikh brothers... its just that the jathabandis and Dals you are visiting supposly have alot of pedophillia and homosexuality so just be CAREFULL where you go. although im sure someone will inform the relevent jathabandis and Dals about your concerns. Im sure they will make the approprate aragments.....hahahahahahahaha

I have been going to Hola Mahalla in Sri Anandpur Sahib since my childhood. There is no security problem. All the 'Jathebandis' take part in Mahalla without any problem. There was time when Jathedar Santa Singh was excommunicated. At that time, I often witnessed tension whenever he tried to participate in Mahalla. In those days, the number of Jathedar Santa Singh's Budhha Dal's Nihangs was reduced. Baba Balbir Singh's Budhha Dal tried to push them back on some occasion, but still there was no problem for others.

For those, who are going for first time, I want to tell that on the day, we see two of Mahallas. The first one is lead by the Takhts' Jathedars. Not always though, the Jathedars of five holy Takhts (or sometime their representatives) lead the first Mahalla, which is not so impressive. But, because the high priests take part in it, it is considered an important one. For last few years, I witnessed that Baba Balbir Singh Akali, the Jathedar of Budhha Dal Panthak takes part in this Mahalla. Last year, he had only a few Nihangs with him to take part in the Mahalla. This time also, he will allow only few of his supporters with him, I think, but not sure. This first Mahalla is started from the Takht Sahib Ji.

The second Mahalla is started from Gurdwara Shahidi Baag. Last year, these groups participated in this Mahalla: - Budhha Dal, Tarna Dal (Harian Velaan), Tarna Dal (Ajit Singh Poohla), both of Ranghretta's Dal, American students of Miri Piri Academy of Amritsar Sahib, Dal Bhai Bidhi Chand. (Also the Sikhawareness.com team). Because Budhha Dal brings many of its horsemen to take part, the second Mahalla becomes too impressive. The concluding part of the Mahalla is the main event, which should not be missed by anyone.

Many people show curiosity to see the 'Jhatka' drama. They do not know where they can watch it. If any of you wants to take some good photographs, keep your cameras ready. Just before the Mahalla, they do some 'Jhatkas' in Shahidi Baag. Ranghrettas do it near Gurdwara Bhai Jeevan Singh Ji. If you miss it, no need to worry. After the Mahalla, they return back to their camps and then you can see lots of goats being killed by Nihangs. :D

If you have not drunk 'Bhang' ever before, do not drink it there. :D Especially, 'Bhang' being SOLD could be more powerful than that of Nihangs.

Do not come close to horses. They too drink lots of 'Bhang'. :LOL: I am not joking.

It is not Nihangs, who are supposed to provide security to people. It is the PUNJAB POLICE. And, everyone knows how strict Punjab Police in this regard. If you want to witness Police's action, just take 'Panga' with anyone, who can reply back. :wink: If you have any problem about security, do not hesitate to contact police.

I do not want to talk about toilets etc. You will see yourselves. :P

If Guru allows me, I will be there this time too.

Regards.

Dear, if you more questions, please ask without hesitation. I will check this thread tommorrow and then try to reply.

There are good hotels. If you have to take part in Hola Mahalla, it does not mean you need to stay night in Sri Anandpur Sahib. I go there for years, and I never stayed there for night.

WOw i didn't see amrits reply on the other page. K here goes.

Don't worry about the dlai of the goats there shall be many. Baba Balbir Singh don't worry about him he just a pawn for the sgpc. Bhang NO NO NO NO NO never take it from stupid nihang singhs selling it on the street. never ever ever. just go to ur local nihang singhs dal or nihang singh gurdwara and have it there as prashad.

Baba Santa Singh has given a hukam against Nihang Singhs making it and selling it. Also from what i heard Some Nihang Singhs were after Baba Balbir Singh for spilling a huge bata of degh in errrm i think it was in 2002. or 2001. Spelling a bat full of degh gets the shaheed singsh angry.

ok toilets easy go to any sant place with all the money they have, i think they have really good toilets. but doggy tell me if there r any ok i wanna know. so i can plan to go there in the future.

Chandigarh is around the corner go and check out that place to. buy some nike gear from there.

Those, who are coming in the Group of Sanatan Sikhs, will not face any problem, I think. The group must have made sufficient arrangements. If anyone is coming alone and wants to stay in Chandigarh, he can contact me through PM.

I will go to Sri anandpur Sahib this week and will try to give more information for those, who are not coming in any group.

I don't care abt mosquitos, I dont care about the heat, I don't care abt beggars, or abt (lack of) degh.....but I need a decent place to have a shower and an even more decent place to have a dump. :!:

Oh yeah, need a good bed as well. :)

I think everyone who does go on this trip needs to take loads of camera/videos and recorders and come back to show the sangat in the west what is going on with all this confusions/doubts/scandals etc.

Confusions/doubts etc are created by some 'internet-warriors', otherwise there is no confusion or doubts. Everything is open.

If someone cannot love Sikhs of other groups, he should not come to the holy city. Such occasions should be use to spread love among different groups.

Beast, are you coming in that group or you are alone?

Will they allow you to stay seprately, if you come in their group?

I have to visit Sri Anandpur Sahib Ji a day after tomorrow. I will be able to tell more about such arrangements.

Would you like to stay only in Sri Anandpur Sahib Ji, or Ropar, Chandigarh or Mohali are okay?

amrit, we have another team that will be documenting events at Holla...

As yet I'm not sure if we (Nihang Niddar Singh and myself) will make it for Holla - we have lots of places and people to visit all over Punjab/Maharastra. The idea is to cover as much ground as possible in the time we have....

If we turn up, I'll let you know....