what would make u cut ur hair?

guv

Indeed, these are assumptions; this thread is full of assumptions, though. I'm just thinking out loud...

Thousands of people, including babies and children, die each day because of starvation, disease or at the hands of criminals and thugs. I don't see most of us doing anything to stop these needless deaths even though our direct action could help save many of these lives. Yet, in this scenario, people are willing to go to great lengths, even sacrificing their own precious lives, to attempt to save a baby's life. Why do we not act in the former situations?

I also hope that those who'd be willing to part with their kesh, and those who wouldn't, are not being influenced by humai.

but we cannot take care of the entire world. but try our best to to do the right thing if it means saving someones life when it is presented infront of us.

good thoughts.

I agree with Monk and everyone else - I think it would have to be circumstantial. I'm not sure what would tempt me to cut my hair, I have not experienced that temptation yet. Inshallah, I hope I never do!

if you jump infront of a car moving car and you die due to the injuries, which you most likely will, God wanted you to die...?

Or was it you're own stupidity, you can't expect to be doing lots of dangerous things and expect to be saved, remember we also make our own karma here on this earth.

If i recall rightly Shaheeds Sukha and Jinda also cut thier kesh to do the mission, but then let their kesh grow again afterwards...>

In reply to the question, i'd do what i could if i was the last/only person left. Kesh will grow back, and one should be "big" enough to take the "paap" involved with this action.

Wasnt there a time wen Guru Ji was being hunted down by the Mughal Govt and he was dressed as Uch da Peer.

Guru Sahib was passing through a place in ludhiana dressed as 'Uch da Peer'. (where there is now Gurdwara Kirpaan Bhet Sahib - which is looked after by Buddhal Dal Nihang Singhs).

Suddenly Mughal Fauja surrounded Guru Ji and the Bhai Daya Singh Ji (Panj Pyara) and the other Singhs who were with him dressed as Muslims.

There was a Mullah (muslim priest) with the soldiers and he had heard that Guru Gobind Singh was disguised and travelling through Ludhiana. He suspected that the Guru may have disguised himself as 'Uch da Peer'.

The Mullah knew that Sikhs did not eat Halaal and so he requested the Sikhs who were dressed as muslims and Guru Ji disguised as Uch da Peer to eat meat and food with them.

BHai Daya Singh said that the 'Uch da Peer' was fasting and could not take any food. The the Mullah said that if the Peer is fasting you could still partake in eating meat and other food with us.

The Singhs came back to Guru Ji and told him about the situation. Guru Ji told the Singhs to do an ardas and before they ate the food and to put their 'Kirpans' through the food and to 'kirpan bhet' the food - much like we do today with langar food.

The Singhs then ate this food and the fauja of the mughals left them alone.

(As read off the board at Gurdwara Kirpan Bhet Sahib)

25. Gurudawara Kirpal Bhet Machiwara , Ludhiana - www.budhaldal.com

is eating halaal not against gurmat?