can we??can't we??

bimel

hi..

why is it that sexual desires are looked down on?? whether we deny it or not it still is the most fundamental aspect of life...there are so many part in gurbani saying by praying we will be cleansed of all sins and should stay away from kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, hangkar(in the translations kaam=sexual desires)sorry to be harsh but does that mean we can't "enjoy" any material what so ever that have sexual elements??and if we do its against our religion??

i think when it comes to kaam , it means lusting over other women other than your life partner ( i.e. your wife) is wrong

When you mention can't enjoy "sequal material" you don't want to do this , becuase if you are enjoying this kind of " material" then your mind is constantly thinking about these desires . When confronted by the opposite or even the same gender , the images that you enjoyed whilst viewing the "material" are being visualised in your mind and in some extreme cases thats when abuse occurs

You should only have eyes for your partner ( i.e. wife , husband)

i think when it comes to kaam , it means lusting over other women other than your life partner ( i.e. your wife) is wrong

When you mention can't enjoy "sequal material" you don't want to do this , becuase if you are enjoying this kind of " material" then your mind is constantly thinking about these desires . When confronted by the opposite or even the same gender , the images that you enjoyed whilst viewing the "material" are being visualised in your mind and in some extreme cases thats when abuse occurs

You should only have eyes for your partner ( i.e. wife , husband)

what if ur not married and trying to find a partner.

kaam, and trying to find a partner are two different things. We have to bring kaam under control, not stay away from it, its not possible to get rid off it or simply stay away from it, its one of the 5 thieves and actively attacks your mind.

as with anything, too much of something is bad, there was another thread on this recently, I dont remember where exactly, but search and you should find it.

It doesnt mean you shouldnt enjoy sex, it means you shouldnt let sex rule your life. you shouldnt sleep around, you shouldnt have sex and think of sex all day every day.

and if you're not married and dont have a prtner, kaam is hardly something to base a relationship on.