sexuality and sikhism

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sehjo Kaur

On the news there was a report on Hijrey snatching male babies and castrating them to join their groups to increase 'manpower' LOL! er ok, lame but I found it funny, umm..sorry, back to the discussion.

just a comment bout the consenting and aware mistresses and wives... if u didn't marry the woman, i dun think u really have the right to do nething with her. how would u guys feel if ur wife asked you if it was ok if she had a guy on the side after u got married?

• 6 months later...

On a serious note, i think it is vital for people to stop having such an idealistic purtanical view on sex.

If you insist on repressing yourself by having your 'penji / paji' notions, all that happens is that filth gets swept under the carpet.

A level of openess is needed, so that things can be addressed.

Any normal person knows how potent their sex drive is, ignoring it is simply unhealthy. I'm not saying go out and mate like rabbits. But more saying you need to find some balance where you sddress the issue sensibly.

For example, everyone gets hungry, so we eat. Eating too much or the bad thing is very bad. Eating nothing is EQUALLY as bad.

As for sex, for most of us the same is true. If you run away from your lust, believing that you've somehow conquered it, it'll harm you even more because you think its not there.

This is why religious institutions (incl ours) all have mass sexual assualt problems, and were blinded to it.

once again, i have the pleasure of laughing at yet another joke at the expense of sf. ha ha ha! (u guys are so dirty)

now seriously speakin, i know there's a whole cartload of theories on the biological basis of human behaviour that tend to excuse adultery by saying that it's in the best interests of increasing the gene pool, number of offspring, and chances for a male to ensure his genes get passed on to the next generation that men tend to cheat. the reason for why women cheat hasn't yet undergone a similar analysis, but i'm sure the clever folks that make these theories up will find something soon enough.

i know that as Sikhs, generally speakin, the idea is NOT to spread the love so to speak.

so how do u compromise apparently biological urges with religious and spiritual desires (if there is such a thing)?

the reasons why women cheat.. lol there are enough excuses for men as you said the whole gene pool stuff and the reasons for women are covered in the Charitar of Dasam Granth Guru.

So i guess the study has been done by some clever folk.. cleverest of all the folk of all folks Satguru :)

Spreading the love as in the hippie idea is a waste of time, that aint spreading love thats spreading disease.

Even those who are engrossed in the love of the lord will still have attractions as its part of our karam yoga, look at krishna and radha, but he married rukhmani.

hahaha... as if women would actually ever cheat... psssh! (i know, i know. futile attempts at makin women look better than men.)

Krishna and Radha are a horrid example. our beloved Krishan Jee had a gazillion gopeeya that wanted a piece of him, as well as Radha and Rukhmani.

but all of this makes me question whether our definition of love continuously limits the true nature of love...

hahaha... as if women would actually ever cheat... psssh! (i know, i know. futile attempts at makin women look better than men.)

Krishna and Radha are a horrid example. our beloved Krishan Jee had a gazillion gopeeya that wanted a piece of him, as well as Radha and Rukhmani.

but all of this makes me question whether our definition of love continuously limits the true nature of love...

bzhuh?

stop flirting with me woman.

And gupy made a good point.

You cant define love, you can only experience it.

And it comes in different degrees and quantities there isnt a regulated de facto amount of love which we then label as LOVE. it varies in form and context. Hence love for mother love for God love for Chicken. etc etc

Now you could argue that the true love is the nirgun and the manifest world and the experiences within this world (like some budhists or hindus) is all an illusion, but then you cant actually deny that you are real. If you believe yourself to be unreal in this state then there is a logical paradox where something which is unreal stating that something is unreal infact makes the statement void. And thats just a stupid rumble in the jumble of words :)

beast, stop tryin to get my attention. i am not flirtin with u, as much as u would love it if i did. hah!

yes, Gupy did make a good point. no he isn't patronizing you. and even if he were, it makes no difference, since no one listens to him.

dynamite, so since we can't define love and can only experience it, does that mean that our attempts at understanding it are futile?

lol nothing is futile, understanding an experience and understand a degree of experience is totally erm non futile.. However understanding the limits of God or attempting to Define God or attempting to define Universal Truth or attempting to define Love are all futile..

Dont define

just be sublime

and intertwine

it will be all fine

(Thats my pick up line) ooh that rhymed too how unexpected..

is it humanly possible to understand something without having some semblance of a definition for it?

ur pick up line was fine til u said it was ur pick up line. i was tryin to picture it in my mind... a crazy butcher standing next to some chick in a bar sayin "oh babaaaay... don't define! just be sublime! *wink* and intertwine! it will all be fine!"... and it just didn't work...