need more info on rajnithi text- chankaya?

I need more info on rajnithi text - chankaya?

- Who is the author of this text?

- What are the contents?

- Is it true, puratan sikhs used to encourage sangat to read texts like- chankaya along with other sikh rajnithi granths like- sri dasam and sri sarbloh granth?

I:m a bit grey on this one, but chanakya has a few texts acredited to him (if I remember correctly its questionnable they:re written by him), one is neetishaastra about general social conduct and stately rule and etiquette. Its all pretty much common sense in my humble opinion.

Puratan Sikhs read it because Guru Mahraj read it. Remember that Sainapati did the braj translation of it while at Anandpur Sahib. Plus there are quite a few samprday steeks on it (Herkhowal, Mahant Surjit Singh Sevapanthi, etc). Its available in steek form by the above two right now!

• 3 years later...

there is a prog on sky 831 ndtv imagine, about Chandrugupt maurya, the disciple of Chanakya. It is very interesting.

I think Chanakyas motto, may have been "win at all costs". Kinda like USA motto. Has anybody here done any reading on Chanakya. The link given above doesnt work now. any one know any other links to read this works in english?

Edited by chatanga1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i have read "Chanakya-Niti" recently, is this the same book which is being discussed above?

If it is, then I found it to be very boring and not really worth reading. Im glad i only spent Rs120 on it, as there was little to it.

The main gist of it, was that EDUCATION, or GIAN is paramount to learn in one's lifetime.

• 3 weeks later...

i have read "Chanakya-Niti" recently, is this the same book which is being discussed above?

If it is, then I found it to be very boring and not really worth reading. Im glad i only spent Rs120 on it, as there was little to it.

The main gist of it, was that EDUCATION, or GIAN is paramount to learn in one's lifetime.

No Vidur Niti is different .