Chritropakhyaan English Translation Sories 21-23

correct me if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that a Sikh can't really question Guru Sahib. A sikh's mind should tell them 'Gur Parmesar eko jaan', and thus questioning an action of Guru Sahib is like questioning hukam of akaal purkh.

and about the part of lies...by my interpretation it was Guru sahibs desire in this circumstance to give Sikhya to Sikhs. The next day when the true story of the incident was told, everyone learned the truth, so really is this a lie?

Lets look at another situation in parallel. When Bhai Ghanaya presented himself infront of Guru Gobind Singh Jee, Guru Sahib, being ghat ghat ke antar kee janat, already knew the question they were about to ask - why did you give the enemy soldier's water. However, Guru Sahib still asked this question because sikhya needed to be given to the other Sikhs. If the first situation is considered a lie, shouldn't this situation also be considered dishonest?

gurpeet_singh, although an ustaad would help immensely, one would have to know how to go about approaching the learning...that I think is the hardest part. As ustaads may have shortcomings in theirselves...Just something to be careful. Ie, if an ustaad has a real hatred towards 'cha'...anything remotely having to do with 'cha' will slip in during the lessons

amardeep. I see your point but I disagree. Guru Gobind Singh wanted to fight, it was the khalsa, who was his guru, who donned him in that apparel. Guru Gobind Singh was still their guru and could have easily said "khalsa, you are lying....". I believe this was tact to get a point across. Just like guru nanak when he was throwing water to his relatives. my 2 cents.

Although Most AKJ followers do no accept dasam bani, i think the official view of the AKJ is that the Dasam Granth was written by Guru Gobind Singh. There is a AKJ Giani who is part of a human rights committee set up to take legal action against those who write against dasam granth. Also, I believe Bhai Randheer Singh quotes a lot of Dasam BAni, including Uggardanti, in his works. However, it is certainly true that most AKJs, ignorant even to the works of their founder, harbour strong anti dasam granth feelings.

• 9 months later...

Fateh.

I have three questions, not being confrontational or doubting Guru Sahib just genuinely asking :)

Once a wife of rich man visited the town, and on seeing the Raja of the town, got extremely fascinated and charmed on seeing him.(5)

Is it possible that anyone could dare feel that way about Guru Sahib?? I didnt think Guru Ji would even allow that thought to come into any person's head.

The Raja had an employee, named Magan. She called for Magan, bribed him with money, and told him as under. (6)

She told him that he should arrange a meeting of her with the Raja. When meeting is arranged, she would give more money

to him. (7)

Guru Ji I would think is smart enough to know whats going on under his nose? Guru Sahib really cant be 'tricked' by anyone.

Magan stated that Raja had desired to know of some 'Mantra', and that he had arranged to show him, provided he followed him to the place he would take him to. (9)

Sorry to say this, but this one I really found hard to take, I mean Guru Sahib doesnt need any 'mantra' from anyone, he is the master of everything!

Also, I dont understand the whole way the story went, I mean I think Guru Mahraj wouldnt have to "negotiate" with the woman like he did in this one, I think a few strong words for Mahraj would have been enough, there is no mind that is not forced to obey his hukam if he wants it!

The way the story meant made it seem like Guru Sahib was in a sticky situation and that he wasnt the one calling the shots! which for me is an idea that is impossible.

Now, I know this sounded confrontational, but thats really the only way I could describe my confusions as I want to be able to get full help from the well informed sangat.

Thanks

ok well just to let you know i wasnt born a brahmygani, obviously I use my own mat.

It's mentality like this that is the reason that so many people dont beleive in dasam granth, on one side the anti-dasam guys are shoving it down our throats, and then you have the believers who only resort to saying "oh you doubt Guru Sahib!", it's not surprising what way people will go.

I am interested to know what efforts you have taken to understand the bani. If we were to use our own mat to understand Gurbani then please tell me why the Guru felt the need to thoroughly explain Gurbani to 40 Sikhs?

You werent born Brahmgiani which is why you take time to learn brahmgian from a suitable teacher and not just expect it to come to you. There are various traditions with lineage going back to Guru Gobind Singh who you can learn from. You are criticising something when you have not even taken the time time or effort to understand it. In fact your poor arguements make one wonder if you even thought about what was written or if your negative perceptions were predetermined.

You have already created Guru Gobind Singh from the way YOU (based on your mat, which does not appeared to have acquired any vidiya, so one could argue based on avidya- ignorance,darkness,ego) understand maharaj. Your mind has created a solid box in which your ideas of dharam and maharaj are enclosed, tell me from where do you expext understanding to come from?

If you were a close contemporary Sikh of Maharaj, or infact Maharaj's officially appointed spoken-person, then I apologise.