History

valli singh

Vali Singh well done fantastic seva but can you put up the full history of the jathedars of the bidhi chand dal please if possible? or can you direct me to any books pothis available on their history as would like to read about the jeevans of the great sant siphais of this dal.

If possible can you put up more history about baba Sohan Singh Ji, i know some sakhis about himm he was a true pooran Brahmgiani.

Want the history.. simple.. started by a thief !! ha.. is that good or bad.. oooh dilemma... ps.. whats going on in the Dal? why is Balbir still around??

May i get some sources of your above bold comment there? :D

http://www.santsipahee.com/bhai-bidi-chand-ji.htm

" Bhai Bidhi Chand was a thief"

plus ask anyone of the old babas from Bidhi Chand.. they are proud of the fact that Bhau Bidhi Chand was a theif how else was he able to get Dilbagh and Gulbagh (I think that was their names) back, its not like he want all militant on the turks.. he stole the horses back.

Modern day evangelical sikhs may see stealing as a sin, but if Guru Nanak could be compassionate towards a cannibal someone that not only eats meat but people.. then im guessing Guru Hargobind would have seen the good in Bhai Bidhi Chand..

Another question to ponder.. why does history not give Bhai Bidhi Chand the title Akali Bidhi Chand.. if he was the first Jathedar of the Bidhi Chandia?

Not trying to cause rifts and grief.. just making questions to ensure we all sikh something :P

Not just 2 horses, Bidhi Chand is also said to have stolen earrings, necklaces and other jewellery items from the Begum of the mughal and gave them to the wives of the Guru, gaining much praises from them. I remember having a real problem digesting this as I thought stealing was 'universally forbidden'. But it seems to me that the Guru's Hukam takes priority and creates an exception over communal morals and even other Hukams given to other Sikhs at times.

lol baba bidhi chand is a blessed sikh of the guru he did not steal he just took back guru jis horse say now if some stole guru jis shaster wouldnt you go and get them back?

so forth dilbag and gulbag came to guru ji .. satguru ji blessed baba bidhi chand with a dhal to do pechaar of sikhi bidhi chand dhal is an old samparda if you have any questions and doubts please go to sursingh and say what you wont to baba avtar singh ji then you will understand

tejsingh.. doesnt everything belong to the Guru ? What is there that is beyond the Guru?

So in all honestly can one not take whatever one desires and say Khalsa TAX. !!

Plus can we have sources on the Baba Bidhi Chand doing tap tapasia .. I mean I said he stole (wether he stole what was his or not he still stole .. im not debating the good and bad) and I had to provide a source.

Im also not saying the Baba Bidhi Chand didnt do tap, im just saying I wanna know more, hes my favourite Sikh from back in the Gurus Days,

Baba Bidhi Chand Ji Chheena (Beloved army general of Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji who rescued Guru Sahib's two stolen horses; Dilbag and Gulbag from Lahore Fort). 'Chheena' is the name of a village (located next to Sursingh) where Baba Bidhi Chand Ji was actualy born. Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji was the one gave the name to Baba Bidhi Chand Ji.."Bidhi Chand Chheena, Guru Ka Seena" (Shree Gurpartap Suraj Granth by Kavee Santokh Singh Ji). This Hukam Nama was given by Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji as a reward of millions of sewa done by Baba Bidhi Chand Ji for the Panth. Following this, Guru Ji ordered him to form a jatha to preach Sikhism in around Amritsar area. Guru Ji also has given Hukam that Baba Ji's descendants will be the ones to run the jatha (Dal Panth) after him..(referenced from Gurpartap Suraj Granth)

Baba Bidhi Chand Ji meditated and was protected by Guru Ji inside this burning stove while the Mughal armies were trying to find and kill him. Baba Bidhi Chand Ji was on a duty given by Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji at that time.