Namdharis On Sikh Channel?

Tony,

Stop protecting the detractors of the Panth!

I'm not portraying the Namdharis as victims. In fact I said it's great they are banned and I hope that those who mingle with them or seek knowledge from them and Dhaar them as Vidya Guru all get banned as well. In fact everything Namdhari-related should be banned from the pristine SGPC Sikhi. Normal Sikhs should no longer use the title 'Sant' for a respected Sikh - a Namdhari invention which the AKJ has been trying to get people to stop for a while now as well - refer to their Amrit Kirtan Gutkas. Akhand Path Maryada should also be banned - a Namdhari invention and not found during times of the 10 Gurus as per Bhai Kahn Singh's Mahan Kosh. Printing of Granth Sahibs instead of hand-copying them should also be banned - a process first utilized by Namdharis via the printing press 'Aftabe Punjab' in Lahore. Giving Khande Da Amrit, especially to women should also be banned - a Namdhari invenion that was copied by the SGPC only in 1898 when the Hukamnama authorizing giving Amrit to women was passed - yes, those government puppets! Anand Karaj by reading Laavan should also be banned and let's go back to the old doing an Ardas and reading the Anand Sahib instead since using Laavan for Anand Karaj is a Namdhari invention according to Gianni Gian Singh. Who needs those pesky Namdharis. We'd all be much richer today if it wasn't for them holding us back with their anti-British nonsense!

Seriously your ignorance, actually your PRIDE IN IGNORANCE, is something that is really not worth anyone's time.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FatehSingh

All these issues about Namdharis have been discussed previously and whenever your mischief has been challenged you run off crying. So lets leave it at that. The Sikh channel as the name implies is for Sikhs and Sikhs are those who believe that the Guru Granth Sahib is GURU. Please feel free to start your own channel if you want to see namdharis on tv.

FatehSingh

All these issues about Namdharis have been discussed previously and whenever your mischief has been challenged you run off crying. So lets leave it at that. The Sikh channel as the name implies is for Sikhs and Sikhs are those who believe that the Guru Granth Sahib is GURU. Please feel free to start your own channel if you want to see namdharis on tv.

What the.... Who did.. Where did I say I wanna see Namdharis on t..... How the hell did you get to that conclu.... Did you do a PHD in assumptio.... PHD in fear-mongeri... I just wanted them detractors to get banne..... ah nevermind I'm just gonna go run off crying now :LOL:

Very illustrative post Fateh Singh. I can actually see your blubbering so visual was your post.

I raised the same point (as I always do on sikhsangat) re the banning of naamdharis singhs from stages/tv etc whereas the akj who dont beleive in Guru Granth Sahib in its entirety are still allowed.

A top guy called Manmeet Singh was also unofficailly banned from the channel. He is linked with Budha Dal Nihangs and wears nihang bana. He maybe the youth that sum1 refered to earlier on this thread. He was on the chanel in the 1st week it was on and has not been back on since. i thought his talk was excellent, but found out thru a friend that there were complaints about why a nihang was allowed on the channel.

Chatanga,

The simple answer to your question is that Akal Takht has not issued a Hukamnama against AKJ instructing Gurdwaras not to allow AKJ members to perform Kirtan on a Gurdwara stage. Mischief makers such as Fatehsingh are the first to cry out about why their dambhi organisation is the only one that is banned and why not others. The Sikhchannel statement clearly says that along with namdharis are included the meenas, dhirmalias etc. The channel has clearly made the decision to be inline with what a majority of Gurdwaras already do with regard to namdharis. I am sure you will alson not see Inder Ghagga or any of the Kala Afghana guys on the channel as well.

Although Sikhchannel has every right to decide who they use as kathakars, Manmeet Singh should ask for a reason why he was 'banned'. With the namdharis the Akal Takht Hukumnama is sufficient reason but any other Sikh should at least be told the reason for his ban.

Sikhchannel is just following the Akal Takht hukumnama in that no one who follows dehdhaaris should be allowed to do parchar from a Sikh stage. For some this is fanaticism but then they are free to set up their own sanatanchannel and have every tom dick and harry preach to the Sikhs!

I propose our friend Chaudhri Rajinder Singh Nijjar for the first person who should be preaching on Sanatanchannel!

Recently organizers of Sikh Channel made a final decision to ban namdharis on Sikh channel after the kirtan performance by raj academy which had few namdharis performers there as well on stage:

Here is the official response from Sikh channel:

Please discuss..!

I am no fan of Namdhari's but is it not dangerous to ban other views?

I don't like AKJ rhetoric, therefore should we ban them?

I hate this idea of banning and excommunicating. It is a very dangerous precendent and shows our faith to be weak. The fact we are not strong enough to challenge divergent views?

Exactly.

We should invite those with differing views onto the channel and debate. The truth is that those who are intelligent or spiritual are not afraid of interaction, in fact as had been shown by many Mahapurkh, they are happy to mingle and take the good from all.

As I said earlier, this is not a Gurdwara but a TV channel - it should encourage debate and expression of various views - even if the point is to intelligently and respectfully debate and debunk these views. Truth is that most Namdhari are not interested in fighting - they are born into their version of history and existing Guru - they want nothing more tha friendly and respectful interaction - focusing on those things that are common to us both i.e. 99%. If we leave our arms open to them, then God willing, one day, we will all unite (as Giani Gian singh said) and become stronger because of it (absorbing the many Khalsa gun and rehits the Namdhari have preserved). Only God knows how this will happen.

But if we keep putting up massive boundries and fences and cultivating hate like our friend Tonyhp is an expert in doing, then we simpy split the Panth further.

By the way, its Chaudhri Rajinder from Nijjar Jatt Clan.

Pooriwala Sant, a present day Nirmala holy man in Amritsar:

‘Sikh scripture says, “Vedas and Ktebs [semitic religious texts Koran, Bible etc.] do not call false. False is he who does not contemplate them.” Farid [sufi Saint] has said just find out from where you can attain knowledge be it from tombs. If a Buddhist text gives you knowledge take it, if a Jain gives you knowledge take it, if a Udasi text gives you knowledge take it, if Nirmalas give you knowledge take it, if Ramayan gives you knowledge, take it. Well what else is in their but knowledge? Now if we say it is Hindu mythology. They [Lord Raam and Ravan] just fought over a woman [as some Tat Khalsa mentality Sikhs say]. Then that is not Guru’s thinking for knowledge is knowledge. Take it from wherever you can. A being should seek to gain virtues. A being should have wisdom, which he can attain from anywhere. Religious texts will give an individual great virtues. All religious texts are worth worshipping of whatever religion they are.’

( Pooriwala Sant. transcript of a recording, 12-02-2001)