Niddar Singh Gone International

amardeep

Tony, p's-thols and bandookan do form part of SV, just a more basic, lower end and easier to learn part. Its no mystery gun and cannon fire were used during the times of the 10th Master - but the real battle was on the field - man to man.

You are mixing up to many topics and going around in circles instead of just admitting that maybe, just maybe, you may be wrong, at least on some of the big claims you have made here.

SV or Raag Vidya is not something that can be learnt from a book, if you are ever blessed to be able to learn any of these high end arts, you will understand why. Hence, why no one has written about them to date - par Baba Shaam Singh Aden Shahi and Baba Gyaan Singh (?) having written a small snippet on them, very basic, basic points.

Of course in modern times we have some books on notations etc, but they are not raag vidya, same way we have many books on Singh Yodhveers, battles, shastar etc, but they do not equate to Shastarvidya.

The true high end knowledge of both these arts exist in Guru Maharajs divine Bani itself- in all 3 of its holy forms.

Shaheediyan,

What big claims have I made. It is the Shastar Vidya promoters that make tall claims and unsubstantiated statements. Giani Gian Singh's quote doesn't provide support for Shastarvidya myths. I did not say that Giani Gian Singh should have written a manual of SV, just that as a writer and one if the quote is to be taken as per the SV promoters, who was worried about the loss of this Khalsa martial art amongst his generation one would expect a lot more details than the lament that is being quoted. The lament is general, it is about the loss of knowledge of weapons, the softening of the youth, the pace of rapid change, even the fact that Muslims have started to marry their cousin sisters! Hardly a definitive quote which could be used to show how according to the SV myth, the British actively conspired to actively destroy SV. One wonders whether after using Chatka Gatka as the name of his 'lost' Khalsa martial art did the promoter of SV see this quote and suddenly he has an epiphany and changed the name of his 'ancient' art!

The term Chatka Gatka was actually coined by Baba Gyana Singh. If you go through Sri Dasam Darbar you will see how weapons arts are called many things, such as AyudhVidiya, BirVidiya and Shastarvidiya, the name is regardless, what matters is its execution.

Tony no one wants you to accept the views of Niddar Singh. I train in Shastarvidiya because I enjoy it, gives me physical excercise, if i found a sword art which was as technical and complex as Shastarvidiya I would learn that too, regardless of if it was a Philopino, Japanese, Western or European art. The fact that it deals with Indo Persian weapons and is taught from a Sikh presepective is just a bonus.

I couldnt care less about its history, whether it was really ancient or not, I have spent yrs training in it because I admire the art of swordsmanship

Edited by Maha Singh

• 3 weeks later...
Guest caveman

Ok, so while all the Nihangs in India are completely ignorant of this secretive martial arts only one person (Niddar Singh) in the whole wide world has knowledge of authentic Sikh martial arts? Are you serious?

baba santa singh ji 96crore knew some parts of the vidiya, so with baba santa singh knowing some parts it does prove a point that the vidiya isnt faked by niddar singh, it wasnt created by niddar singh BECAUSE baba santa singh ji was taught some moves etc from his baba. ive been reading this topic and if you dont believe it isnt the true vidiya so be it, no one is forcing you to believe it is. everyone has their own opinions.

Edited by caveman

If there are more singhs who know the vidiya, THAT IS GREAT!!

Now the next thing to do is get Niddar Singh and these 25 singhs together and compare the Vidiya.

If these Singhs have more knowledge about Shastarvidiya then Niddar Singh, then im sure Niddar Singh will accept that and take on their knowledge. If however these Singhs are merely using the name of Baba Mohinder Singh to flog off their vidiya then will you accept that Niddar Singh is right?

How did this Singh in Canada (Navjeet Singh) know that what these 25 Singhs know is the real vidiya of Baba Mohinder Singhs lineage, seeming as Navjeet Singh has no training in Shastarviidya?

Brother Matheen, how is anyone supposed to find Singhs whose names are kept gupt by yourself, and how is anyone supposed to believe this incident of Niddar Singh having a gun to his head without proof? Im sure that if it did happen there is a video somewhere, if there is, lets see it. If Niddar Singh did back out of Hadh Thor Challenges, these videos would have been up ages ago, else its just your word against anyone elses.

• 2 weeks later...

You'll need to ask around for students of Baba Katapa Singh Ji - maybe start at the classes they have at Raqba or ask Jathedar Ji for contacts. Many of them move around, but you should be able to find some. If you know Navjeet Singh, then ask him for details.

Edited by Matheen

• 1 month later...

Navjeet singh can state what he wants.. u show me these 25 singhs and ill ask them personally when i go india if they even kno the basics of the vidiya varha, shesh, groor etc. navjeet claims there to be a baba gian singh at raqba teaching. niddar singh has approached this baba gian singh (apparntly a ex student of niddar singhs gurdev) and asked him about the the diff fighting styles and he knew none lol. he knew a few blocks and thats it.

Anyone who goes to Raqba can easily be put in touch. Unfortunately the Singhs who have this info are not members of this or any other forum.

You obviously have a link with Navjeet Singh so provide the names so these Singhs can be traced down and asked how much they know of the Vidiya. You seem to have knowledge that Niddar Singh didnt meet Baba Katapa Singh, but amazingly you have no knowledge of not even 1 of the 25 Singhs. If Baba Gian Singh was a student of Niddar Singhs Gurdev, why wouldnt he wish to meet his own teachers student? The great thing about the vidiya is that no one can bullsh*t their way through it, you either stand up and fight or you get knocked out.

If these Singhs learnt from Baba Katapa Singh, then they will have the Khat Ang penthreh at least right? If they dont you and your friends are obviously propogating lies. You cannot have it both ways and say that they learnt from the same teacher as Niddar Singh, but their vidiya is different, the terminology is different, the techniques are different. Your statement that Niddar Singh is a rouge who broke away from his Gurdevs maryada and ideology after learning the vidiya holds little water, no vidharthi who learns would disrespect their own Gurdev, not after spending years with them carrying out arduous training and seva.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, if other singhs have attained the vidiya, that is a great bakshish from the Guru and every attempt should be made to learn from Baba Gian Singh if he has the vidiya. I will make an effort to track down Baba Gian Singh and video tape his knowledge on the Vidiya.

Edited by Maha Singh

how is anyone supposed to believe this incident of Niddar Singh having a gun to his head without proof? Im sure that if it did happen there is a video somewhere, if there is, lets see it.

i was told about this by someone who was there. they saw the the guy put the gun to his head.

dont think that it has to be on video just to be proved.

i was told about this by someone who was there. they saw the the guy put the gun to his head.

dont think that it has to be on video just to be proved.

would love to see a guy put a gun to Niddar Singh head. The incident about a apparent gun being put to Niddar Singhs head is a lie.

If someone had a gun put to their head....and nothing has changed from that point onwards it makes me think a couple of things

1) What was the purpose and what did it achieve?

2) If he had the gun to his head, why didn't he just pull the trigger?