Paath Causing Karmic Backlash?

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all and Ragmaala Jee!

You wrote "Guru Nanak Dev ji instructs us to repeat name of the Lord , lakhs of times, eventually after repeating and repeating it multiplies,"

Guru Naanak Dev Jee is singing in ecstasy. He is saying One Naam Jagdeesh with awareness.

He has never suggested repeating the Hymn that your Baabaas call Mool Mantra for 125,000 times in forty days.

Quote "And by the way , why was a mala kept by Guru Arjun Dev ji , if it wasn't meant to show something to Sikhs, ?"

God has left that earthy body once called Guru Arjan Dev Jee long back. Strange, some are stuck up with the Maalaa claiming, He used it.

Quote "Obviously the mala wasn't for show , it was to be used for counting."

Are you sure He was counting Naam and needed help of a Maalaa?

Quote "Historically, this is the same mala that was found in Chandu's house."

He must be very rich with Naam who possesses this Maalaa now. What is about others who are not having this Maalaa?

Balbir Singh

You have your own interpretations. No one necessarily has to agree with you or follow what you think,

Is there a specific marayada for carrying out a chalisa? What is the history behind it?

Fateh!

Do an ardas before you begin asking for blessings to complete the 40 days jaap. Jap should be done at the same place at the same time each day. Light toof and jot every day before you begin. Have a sealed jar of water present. Rise at amritvela, do your nitnem, then start jap. Technically the malay should be completed while you are sitting in asana, but I think the auntie ji was told she could do some of it on the move. Ardas at completion for thanks

This chalisa is mentioned in Sant Baba Jagjit Singh Harkhowale's biography and, I believe, in Sant Baba Harnam Singh's biography also. I don't know what the origin of the practice is, but it's common in Hindu traditions to do sawa lakh jap of a mantra to get siddhi in it. The aim with Mul Mantra chalisa is not for siddhia, but as an aid to developing concentration for further bhagti.

Regards,

K.

You wrote "You have your own interpretations. No one necessarily has to agree with you or follow what you think,"

It may be an embarrassing mistake when someone will agree with Balbir Singh. Please open your mind to experience Truth.

The blunder is to agree with preachers and follow their instructions that the reverend Gurus never suggested.

Quote from Kaljug Jee "Do an ardas before you begin asking for blessings to complete the 40 days jaap. Jap should be done at the same place at the same time each day."

How is it possible? It is never the same time and the same place as earth is moving in sky. What a Kaljug is this?

The true Gurus never encouraged rituals.

Balbir Singh

How is it possible? It is never the same time and the same place as earth is moving in sky. What a Kaljug is this?

The true Gurus never encouraged rituals.

Christ on toast, are you really that stupid?

Your house is in the same place that it was yesterday relative to your position on the planet.

K.

You wrote "You have your own interpretations. No one necessarily has to agree with you or follow what you think,"

It may be an embarrassing mistake when someone will agree with Balbir Singh. Please open your mind to experience Truth.

The blunder is to agree with preachers and follow their instructions that the reverend Gurus never suggested.

Balbir Singh

The blunder is to accumulate so much ego that one fails to understand the respect that Guru has given to his bhagats and real sants.

Thanks for the reply Kalyug. Is it essential to get guidance from a mahapursh before attempting a chalisa?

Fateh!

I believe this is the best way because it needs someone of high avastha to determine whether you are ready for such an undertaking and to help you interpret some experiences that may result (e.g., before she spoke to Giani Thakur Singh, the auntie ji thought she's done something wrong when things started to get ... interesting). It's helpful to have the blessing of a mahapurush, but I'm not sure if it's absolutely essential.

If you feel you are ready for it, and wish to do it anyway, you need to be certain that you will be able to finish it (obviously barring serious illness, death, etc).

Regards,

K.

Edited by Kaljug

Dear all!

Quote from Kaljug Jee "Your house is in the same place that it was yesterday relative to your position on the planet."

Nirguna God is the same. All rest is on a move.

Please listen. Guru Arjan Dev Jee is singing.

ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਥਿਰ ਥਾਵਰੀ ਹੋਰ ਆਵੈ ਜਾਵੈ ॥

प्रभु मेरा थिर थावरी होर आवै जावै ॥

prabhu meraa thir thaavaree hor aavai jaavai. sggs ang 1097

Listen, your Guru once. The need of all other blab goes forever.

Quote from Ragmaala Jee "The blunder is to accumulate so much ego that one fails to understand the respect that Guru has given to his bhagats and real sants."

The true Guru, Bhagat or Saint is available to Sikhs. Strange, they seek and follow instructions from others and wonder why they suffer.

A true Saint or Mahaapursh has nothing else to transfer than the Guroo's word.

Balbir Singh

You will gain more phall from the chalisa if done with the bachan of a mahapurkh. That being said, you don't need it. Chalisa need not be as hardcore as 108 mala of mool mantr, one could just do a shorter version. Note that there are set numbers, you should ask a sant for the full rahit etc. b/c sometimes people like me make mistakes in repeating it to people.

it may be useful to introduce concepts of the conscious mind and unconscious mind. If we agree that nearly all humans are asleep i.e. conscious of very little, then the light can cause traces of past habits to become manifest. As nature is interconnected, these habits, not being able to touch the one doing tapasya, are manifest in his surroundings, through people that have the correct connection with the tapasvee to be able to manifest these 'traces'. We all are very filthy animals and I myself have fallen prey to being ignorant of how much filth we as humans have accumulated as much of it is sub-conscious.

• 2 months later...

It is very normal experience in Penance. He is dealing with the energy and these types of experiences are very normal. People start laughing like crazy and some may start dancing. It is very normal and everyone has different experience. Keep on going!

Edited by bhooliya

• 6 years later...
On August 10, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Xylitol said:

You will gain more phall from the chalisa if done with the bachan of a mahapurkh. That being said, you don't need it.

Does Mahapurkh's words last forever? The reason I am asking, because some of the books I have read are written or told by Mahapurkhs. I know that if someone tell me to do chalisa and that person have really high avastha, then my mind will believe him or her more than reading a book. Just wondering, if Bachan of Mahapurkhs last forever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2016 at 2:51 PM, GurpreetKaur said:

Does Mahapurkh's words last forever? The reason I am asking, because some of the books I have read are written or told by Mahapurkhs. I know that if someone tell me to do chalisa and that person have really high avastha, then my mind will believe him or her more than reading a book. Just wondering, if Bachan of Mahapurkhs last forever.

Maharaaj has answered your question in Gurbani

ANG 1204

ਗਿਰਿ ਬਸੁਧਾ ਜਲ ਪਵਨ ਜਾਇਗੋ ਇਕਿ ਸਾਧ ਬਚਨ ਅਟਲਾਧਾ ॥੧॥

The mountains, the earth, the water and the air shall pass away. Only the Word of the Holy Saint shall endure. ||1||

Bhul chuk maaf