Mata Sahib Kaur-Mother Of The Earth?

drawrof

Sadh Sangat ji,

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh.

I just came across the katha of gur partap sooraj granth-sooraj parkash by Gyani Takhur Singh.

he talks about Mata Sahib kaur at 8:30 seconds in the 3rd file of the first volume. Please listen and if anyone can kindly put the link up ( I obviously don't know how). I think it would be very nice.

Also, I love the prem-bhav the katha of taksali singhs evokes in the sangat :)

Sadh Sangat ji,

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh.

I just came across the katha of gur partap sooraj granth-sooraj parkash by Gyani Takhur Singh.

he talks about Mata Sahib kaur at 8:30 seconds in the 3rd file of the first volume. Please listen and if anyone can kindly put the link up ( I obviously don't know how). I think it would be very nice.

Also, I love the prem-bhav the katha of taksali singhs evokes in the sangat :)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

All of Giani Thakur Singh's katha spanning 4 CDs can be found here:

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/katha.php

I'm not sure which part of which CD you are referring to though, veer ji.

K.

How dare you call Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj that, what kind of sikh are you?

As stated by JSingh, historical docs call her 'Mata Sahib Devan'. Its only in the last few years that 'Kaur' has been attached to her name to distinguish her from the 'Hindu's name' of Devan/Devi.

I remember reading something on Sikhnet a couple of years ago about some temple in US/Canada indoctrinating children to say Guru Nanak Sahib Ji and not Guru Nanak Dev Ji! Give it time and Bhai Nand Lal will soon become Bhai Nand Singh!

Bhai Nand Lal Goya is already called Bhai Nand 'Singh' by many reformist Neophytes.

A better example would be Bhai Ghanaiya, I don't think they have got around to renaming this beacon of humility and compassion.

The thought that the highest level 'Gur-Sikh' sevadars served the Guru Darbar and were not Singhs is too much for many to contemplate.

In puraatan sampradha like Taksal, Bhai Nand Lal Jee is called Bhai Nand Lal Singh Jee. I know that it is a very attractive thought for some of us secularists to try to portray half of the Sikhs in Sikh history as non-Sikhs. I bet some here would even fanatically argue that many of our Gurus were also Hindus since they were born in Hindu families. It's a comforting thought to have for some of us (I guess).

no one has said that Bhai Nand Lal was a non-sikh.. the question is whether he was a singh or not

Well, Bhai Sahib is called Bhai Nand Lal Singh by Taksal. So depending on who you talk to, he is a Singh. I know that some here would have an allergic reaction to such a thought since having secularist or communist influenced beliefs is very fashionable or politically correct now days.

Edited by Mithar

Mithar Ji, if you leave Taksali opinion aside for a second, and familiarise yourself with Ithihaas i.e. the one where Dasmesh Pita refused to let Bhai Ghanaya and Bhai Nand Lal Goya where a kirpan, you will see that those that don't agree with you are not necessarily commies or the PC brigade, they are in fact traditionalists. Taksal is not the only tradition that exists.

Kindly stop sensationilising everything.

i read convincing arguement on sikhnet once a long time ago about how use of name 'Kaur' was actually introduced by Singh Sabhas, not Guru Gobind Singh

Not so: quite a few historic bibiyan with the name 'Kaur'.

HOwever, I was wrong on this topic: it's definitely Bhai Nand Lal (Guru Ji uses this name to refer to him) and Mata Sahib Devan Ji.