Sikh Bodies Call For Boycott Of Cm Badal

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Sikh-bodies-call-for-boycott-of-CM-Badal/553765

In a meeting held at Gurdawara Kalgidhar Sahib today, various Sikh bodies have urged the community to boycott Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, holding him responsible for the December 5 clashes between Sikhs and police and allowing godman Ashutosh Maharaj, head of the Divya Jyoti Jagriti Sansthan, for organising a function in the city.

R P Singh, spokesperson of the Kahan Keertani Jatha, said, “We have passed six resolutions and unanimously decided that Badal is responsible for the violence. He is also using his men to suppress the protest launched by Sikh bodies against him. We have issued a strict warning to them to stop working for Badal or else we will expose them before the Sikh community.”

The bodies have also demanded martyr status for Darshan Singh, an auto-rickshaw driver, who had died of police firing in the Ludhiana violence. “We have demanded a CBI probe into the firing and requested the Punjab and Haryana High Court to order the state to register an FIR against BJP MLA Harish Bedi, his son Honey Bedi and police officers responsible for the firing,” added R P Singh.

Ads by Google

“Sikh institutions like the Akal Takht and SGPC are being ruled by corrupt politicians and we will launch a movement to purge these institutions. We have also called in support of the Sikh diaspora who have expressed their solidarity with us to sustain this movement at the international level,” he added.

The bodies that participated in the meet included Tat Khalsa, Akhand Keertani Jatha, Dal Khalsa and Delhi Gurdwara Management Commitee and others.

Prakash Singh Badal is from Akali/BJP party. All "Panthic" organizations of Punjab support or ally "Sarna brothers" of Delhi. Sarna brothers are ally of congress which makes them threat for the BJP/Akali party. The migrants of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh (U.P) are big vote bank for the BJP/Akali. They are growing in numbers day by day as more migrants are moving to Punjab. They have been given voting rights and local accommodations.

The situation will become worst in future as state governments will be dependent on migrants vote bank increasingly and Punjabi/Sikhs votes going down with their migrations to western world.

It is my personal opinion that there was no need to shoot protestors. They could have been stopped with tear gases easily if state thought they were threat to anyone. It is very dirty politics and unfortunately innocent Sikhs became victims. I feel really sorry for the ones who lost their lives in this dirty politics. May God bless their souls.

We need good leaders who can represent the original population of Punjab and ensure that their ( original Populations of Punjab's) religious practices are safe.

Please have a look at people's comments at http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/protesting_labourers_torch_vehicles_block_highway_in_ludhiana.php?page=1#postcommentarea

Edited by bhooliya

The problem of UP bihar migrants is not restricted to Punjab only.With extreme poverty,hardly any development and large population they are forced to migrate to other states.Now the local vs outsider issue is everywhere.But there is another problem if these migrants go back to their native states then many Places will go paralised as Locals are now so much addicted to their cheap labour

There is no need to throw them out of states. These migrants have left their individual states to work in other states and they should be given work while keeping very close watch on their activities.

Bihar/Uttar Pradesh(U.P) is known to have the majority of criminals. Punjab may be inviting criminals and giving them shelters without knowing it. There is no system to check their background. Do you think the ladies are safe in Punjab or in any other state from this migration? Bihari/UP migrants are very big problems for the other states. There is a huge abortion rate of illegal pregnancies ( Mostly by Bihari/U.P migrants) in Punjab. If you know any good Doctor ask him and he will verify this.

They come to other states for work and later either rape farmer's women/daughters or run away with them to Bihar/UP. Punjab police can present numerous cases to show the growing criminal activities. The main issue is their growing political power in a state which is not their parent state. I do not believe in discrimination as Sikh but here the issue is harboring criminals in your territory as there is no criminal check. Prakash Singh Badal and BJP will not stop them as long as their vote bank is safe. Ashutosh's organization will get the support as long as he secures the votes for political parties.

Paramjit Singh Sarna is another political leader who is trying to get into Punjab's politics. Sikhs should not become puppet of any political leaders at all. They need to bring awareness in locals and force government to make laws of not allowing voting rights to outsiders. They have voting rights in their own states. They are in other states to work and there should not be any discrimination to offer work as long as they qualify but strict rules for owning properties and voting rights.

Edited by bhooliya

I don't live in Punjab.I live in NCR region of Delhi Which is in Haryana.There are plenty of UP Bihari's here and they are treated very badly by Local Haryanavi's. These migrants can't even think of Hitting on women here or they get beaten badly by Locals.

BTW Rural jatt sikhs are very deadly community how could anyone hit on their women? Also majority them barely cross 5-4 height and do not have good personality.If Punjab's women are having sex with them then they need to look at their character.They don't have anything neither money or personality that can attract a woman.If they are forcibily Raping women then sikh men should start wearing bangles because they can't even protect their women against these people.

Also Its true that crime in UP bihar is High but what I have seen here is that majority of them are hard working people.

I think the biggest problem is making people aware and lack of education. If it wasnt for the Sikh Channel alot of people would not have known about the Ludhiana shootings and the corrupt so called politicians. It was very good to hear on yesterdays Sant samaj update that all leaders of gurudawaras got together to discuss how to get justice/nest plan of action , how to boot out Badal and get justice , and how to boot out the corrupt SGPC members. They said all leaders meeting in one place has not happened since 1984. Hopefully with wahegurus kirpa justice will be done ( peacefully). The leader announced ( dont know his name) that on 24th December they will carry out a peaceful rally , where the sangat will do simran jaap whilst rallying and it was made clear that any sangat who causes disruption , the sangat should peacfully sort it out.

I also believe and Bhai Amardeep Singh mentioned on the Sikh Channel , we should open schools in Punjab , where the sanagat have a proper education system , are taught about gurbani so at least they are not easily intimidated , or lead astray the education will help the sanagat give them a goal to aim for as help was learning about Gurbani. The Christians have already adopted this approach whereby they open schools provide free education and converting them to Christians.

Kema Dha Jhachak heh

Punjab's local residents whether Sikhs/Muslims/Hindus need to have more voting numbers in order to have any impact in state's affairs. They will not he heard until they raise their numbers and have more voting power. The only solution is to fight for discontinuation of voting rights and no property ownership to outsiders and migrants in Punjab other than local Sikhs/Hindu/Muslims... Migrants should not be discriminated on the jobs level if they qualify. I believe that attacking Ashutosh and other organizations will not solve any problem. This will give more fire to political leaders so they can bake their political agenda.

Sikhs sitting in western countries should support rural population of Punjab and influence their voting power. NRI Sikhs should demand dual citizenship and right to vote in Punjab as this will increase voting power. This is political issue which is being turned into religious issue.

KD Singh I do not support the bad treatment of any human kind. It should be protested as long as they are innocent.

Please see the following link to see migrants power in Punjab. People who are innocent and want to work do not burn properties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8svJQNB5WQ

Punjab's local residents whether Sikhs/Muslims/Hindus need to have more voting numbers in order to have any impact in state's affairs. They will not he heard until they raise their numbers and have more voting power. The only solution is to fight for discontinuation of voting rights and no property ownership to outsiders and migrants in Punjab other than local Sikhs/Hindu/Muslims... Migrants should not be discriminated on the jobs level if they qualify. I believe that attacking Ashutosh and other organizations will not solve any problem. This will give more fire to political leaders so they can bake their political agenda.

Bhooliya ji

I think you confusing Migrant labour unrest with Ashutosh protest.They are different cases The only co incident was that sikh protest happened a day after labour unrest.As far voting rights are concerned ,according to Indian constituition anyone can migrate and vote in any part of country.also we have to look at number of migrants.

http://www.merinews.com/article/migration-and-agricultural-development-in-punjab/15765078.shtml

according to above there were 1.7 million migrants in Punjab in 2001 out of which 60% were from neighbouring states and 40% from UP and Bihar so I am assumming that at present there are only above 1 million UP bihari migrants.

In a state of 25 million people 1- 1.5 million factor is not a such a big thing.

They can play a role in votes but ultimately it will be locals that decide who will be the CM.

Sikhs sitting in western countries should support rural population of Punjab and influence their voting power. NRI Sikhs should demand dual citizenship and right to vote in Punjab as this will increase voting power. This is political issue which is being turned into religious issue.

Dual citizenship was something that I heard but I don't have much knowledge about it.

KD Singh I do not support the bad treatment of any human kind. It should be protested as long as they are innocent.

Please see the following link to see migrants power in Punjab. People who are innocent and want to work do not burn properties

I agree that they should not burn property and do voilent protests.Up bihari's are migrating in very large number to bombay and that is the main reason Parties like MNS and Raj Thackerey is growing.From past 2-3 years marathi goons are attacking them and they never protested even peacefully ,so is there any political party that is turning them voilent in Punjab ?

Ludhiana riots/protests are just a tip of the ice. There will be more in coming years. The numbers you have shown are wonderful but you have to factor in fake votes/people not voting etc... In Janakpuri area of Delhi which is very dominated area of Punjabi, there was no hope for congress candidate especially non Punjabi to win.. The results were surprising.. Locals didn't show up to vote in numbers but migrants used their rights fully.. And you can see the results at http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/politics/mahabal-mishra-springs-surprise-victory-in-west-delhi_100193239.html

I do not go by news paper KD Singh ji as I have real time access to people and personal experiences of the situations. Media is just a puppet of strong and mighty. Also Indian constitution is not written on stone because it gives the flexibility to make amendments. Rajasthan state has banned outsiders to own land in their state as you might be aware of this so this will not be injustice to anyone.

I try to avoid political discussions but this time I thought of just let it out. Thanks! For your time and efforts.

Ludhiana riots/protests are just a tip of the ice. There will be more in coming years. The numbers you have shown are wonderful but you have to factor in fake votes/people not voting etc... In Janakpuri area of Delhi which is very dominated area of Punjabi, there was no hope for congress candidate especially non Punjabi to win.. The results were surprising.. Locals didn't show up to vote in numbers but migrants used their rights fully.. And you can see the results at http://www.thaindian..._100193239.html

Bhooliya ji

Despite repeated appeals Urban middle class is not showing interest in Voting.They prefer only to cry about corrupt politicians and not to act.The case of Indian election was different this time.The image of Manmohan singh ,Charm of Rahul Gandhi did the trick for congress in Punjabi Area's.We cannot say that all Punjabi's voted for BJP's Punjabi candidate.Mayawati always used this tactics.She hardly give Tickets to poor Dalits and prefer rich people

She knows that her own image is so powerful among Dalits that they will vote for her candidate irrespective of caste.

I do not go by news paper KD Singh ji as I have real time access to people and personal experiences of the situations. Media is just a puppet of strong and mighty

I totally agree with you that media is a puppet of strong and mighty.But there are problems with. personal experiances.When we talk to different people they say different things .Many time people lie to hide their own weaknesses so unless we become surveyer ,personal experinaces could also be misleading

Rajasthan state has banned outsiders to own land in their state as you might be aware of this so this will not be injustice to anyone.

Rajasthan state banned purchase of agriculture land not residential houses.

The price of Agricultural land in Punjab is haryana is so high that hardly anybody could think of purchasing land.I don't think bhaiya's of UP Bihar are so rich that they can purchase land in Punjab so even if Punjab enact law not to purchase land by outsiders then it will not stop inflow of migrants.

Re : Dual Citizenship

With the type of India/PB govt that is sitting there is it really a good idea for this.?

If you, for whatever reason, get into trouble on your trips back to India; as a dual-citizen of that country you will loose whatever little support you get from your home government. as you will be considered INdia's citizen and thus their problem.

When this Dual-citizenship was launched a few years ago for foriegn-born/based indians (NRI's?) the only benefit was that you didn't need to apply for a visa when going to India; you didn't even get voting rights!

It has to be said, Badal relies on rural Jatts for a large chunk of his votes. Foolish Jatts vote for his party blindly because of their narrow minded insularity (we must have one of our own on the throne, even if he is a pukka harami) as well as an (understandable) antipathy towards others (i.e. Congress).

What can we say? That Panjabis seem incapable of producing decent political leadership? That Jatt hegemony on Panjabi politics has become corrupted to an unbelievable extent?

Badal is essentially the peasant king of Panjab. Let us marvel at this glory.

We need serious change.

It has to be said, Badal relies on rural Jatts for a large chunk of his votes. Foolish Jatts vote for his party blindly because of their narrow minded insularity (we must have one of our own on the throne, even if he is a pukka harami) as well as an (understandable) antipathy towards others (i.e. Congress).

What can we say? That Panjabis seem incapable of producing decent political leadership? That Jatt hegemony on Panjabi politics has become corrupted to an unbelievable extent?

Badal is essentially the peasant king of Panjab. Let us marvel at this glory.

We need serious change.

Oh come on majority of regional politicians are corrupt

Just take a round at rediff.com and all you will find is Indians fighting and making fun of Each Other especially showing each other communities that how corrupt your politicians are.Badal hardly even get mentioned in that list.

You can indirectly say that democracy is not for overpopulated poor countries with not much resources

India has sufficient resources if you ask me. What they don't have is any decent cultural template to raise the thinking of the populace. I'm not sure if the ruling classes would actually want to uplift those beneath. That whole, corrupt oppressive mentality is normalised in the country.

The Sikh experience is not promising in that ideals that directly and bluntly attacked such behaviour are espoused but within a short period of times, Sikhs society itself now mirrors all the baseness around it.

Edited by dalsingh101

High population density and lack of agricultural land

is India's main problem especially when very large population is dependent on agriculture.May be India's resources are enough for simple living,but it can never match the standard of western countries.

Also democracy has its own problems.For example building infrastructure require time but people want instant things.One of the prime reason for congress's defeat and Badal's victory was free electricity was not provided to farmers by congress.Free electricity badly hurts economy and kill long term projects because of financial impact of it.so people need instant gains and all Governments whether it is central

or state prefer these type of incentive's rather than building long term policies.

May be India's resources are enough for simple living,but it can never match the standard of western countries.

That gets to the heart of it. India's only vision for progress is modelled on western aspirations and ideals. How can such an uncreative people truly progress? Is the Bollywood bullshit what the majority of Indians will aspire to in future?

Edited by dalsingh101