Sudarshan Chakra And Other Divine Weapons

Kaljug

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Weapons like the sudarshana chakra were available in Mahabharat times to Dharmic heroes. Are these still available in kaljug? How would one go about obtaining them?

I've heard that someone once asked a similar question of Sant baba Jagjit Singh Harkhowale. Does anyone know what his answer was? Neo?

Regards,

K.

I think what Kaliyug is refering to are divine weapons that are mentioned in Mahabharat and Ramayan. These weapons are said to have been supernateral in origin and contained extraordinary powers. After the Mahabharat war, it is said that these types of weapons were no longer available since most of the warriors and teachers who had any knowledge of these weapons were killed in the war. The few warriors that survived never passed on this knowledge to future generations. In Kaliyug I don’t thing there is an incident of these weapons being used. Some say that the 5 arrows that Guru Gobind Singh Jee gave to Baba Banda Singh Bahadur were also divine weapons which Banda Singh Bahadur used when the enemy greatly outnumbered the Khalsa army, and even used them during the battle of Sirhind.

Funnily enough, there are some people who believe that the weapons described in the Ramayana were nuclear type weapons and that the vimanas (the vehicles used by the devatas to fly) were actually a variety of space ship. Robert Zelazny's novel Lords of Light builds on this theme.

I figured the Sudarshan Chakra would be something useful to have in one's pocket should kirpans ever be banned. It would be pretty cool to whip out the sudarshan chakra and obliterate a continnent the next time I'm stuck in an arm bar. Hmm. Actually, maybe that is why this weapon is not available anymore.

On a serious note, I was wondering whether the emphasis that Guru Ji placed on shastar as divone embodiments of shakti meant that these mystical dharmic weapons are no longer available in Kaljug. Is it, as Mithar has said, because the knowledge of them has disappeared? Is it because they would not be used in a Dharmic way in Kaljug?

I've seen mantras and sadhanas and such that enable one to obtain Hanuman's powers etc, and I wondered why I had never seen anything similar for the weapons of other devatas.

K.

I've seen mantras and sadhanas and such that enable one to obtain Hanuman's powers etc, and I wondered why I had never seen anything similar for the weapons of other devatas.

K.

Did the people who acquired these powers be able to extend their tails? That would be the true test if it really worked!

Did the people who acquired these powers be able to extend their tails? That would be the true test if it really worked!

Hanuman was actually a human bhagat, depicted as a monkey to symbolize some of his qualities. Similar to how Ganesha was a human bhagat, not really an elephant, he was just represented as such to symbolize his wisdom.

I'm certain there are mahapurkhs who have the knowledge, but for some reason chose to not teach it. Just like mahapurkhs have knowledge of full puratan shaster vidya, but are very careful who they pass it on to.

Hanuman was actually a human bhagat, depicted as a monkey to symbolize some of his qualities. Similar to how Ganesha was a human bhagat, not really an elephant, he was just represented as such to symbolize his wisdom.

Do the Hindus know this? Can you expand on what qualities monkeys have?

What tail did Hanuman use to burn Lanka, if he was actually human?

Ganesha has half a tusk, as he according to the scriptures broke one to write with. Which tusks would these have been if Ganesha was human?

The hindu scriptures say that the head that was given to Ganesha was of Airapat, as he was cursed to lose his head in a jooni. Was airapat human as well?

I'm certain there are mahapurkhs who have the knowledge, but for some reason chose to not teach it. Just like mahapurkhs have knowledge of full puratan shaster vidya, but are very careful who they pass it on to.

Vaheguru’s creation is so vast we cannot even begin to comprehend or measure it with our human intellect. We are like the frogs who can only imagine how the outside world looks like. Hanuman, Ganesh, Devtas & Rakshas and other entities of Vaheguru’s creation probably exist but in other plains of existence which is beyond reach of human comprehension. If Gurbani mentions that they exist, then it is our duty as Sikhs to firmly believe that they DO EXIST, we have to take Guru Sahib’s word for it. Why do we have to always try to explain away everything as “metaphoric” or “symbolic”?

Vaheguru’s creation is so vast we cannot even begin to comprehend or measure it with our human intellect. We are like the frogs who can only imagine how the outside world looks like. Hanuman, Ganesh, Devtas & Rakshas and other entities of Vaheguru’s creation probably exist but in other plains of existence which is beyond reach of human comprehension. If Gurbani mentions that they exist, then it is our duty as Sikhs to firmly believe that they DO EXIST, we have to take Guru Sahib’s word for it. Why do we have to always try to explain away everything as “metaphoric” or “symbolic”?

That's my view as well.

I just recall hearing from someone that they were indeed bhagats who were symbolically represented. I could be wrong (or have recalled incorrectly).

sorry for taking it off topic.

human_tails_01.jpg

The coccyx is a remnant of a lost tail. There have been cases of humans born with vestigial tails.

On a serious note, I'd be interested in your views about whether you believe the weapons described in Indian epics are merely symbolic or based on some real event that has been mythologised.

(By the by, I do not believe deities like Hanuman exist in the forms described in Indian mythology, but I believe they still reveal some important truths hence their mentions in Gurbani. For example, in Hanuman Natak, which was a favourite read of Dasmesh Pita, Hanuman is eulogised because he is a Bhagat of Waheguru and a Dharmic hero who fights evil.)

Regards,

K.

Edited by Kaljug

Getting back to the topic on hand, do y'all believe these powers either did not exist or are no longer available in kalyuga?

In Gurbani, particularly Dasam Bani, the shakti swaroop of Akal Purakh is in the form of sarbloh shastar. Both edged weapons and projectile weapons are described as manifestations of Chandi/Shakti of Akal Purakh. Does this mean that only sarbloh shastar exist as Dharmic weapons? Do none of the legendary mystical weapons exist in this yuga?

As an aside, I'd be interested to hear the views of Sangat here on whether they believe modern weapons like landmines, nuclear weapons, chemical and biological weapons could ever be considered Dharmic. Are they still considered shakti swaroop?

Regards,

K.

Vahegurus creation is so vast we cannot even begin to comprehend or measure it with our human intellect. We are like the frogs who can only imagine how the outside world looks like. Hanuman, Ganesh, Devtas & Rakshas and other entities of Vahegurus creation probably exist but in other plains of existence which is beyond reach of human comprehension.

What indication is there that the references to the above mentioned entities is literal or potentially correspond to unearthly dimensions? How is contextualising in this manner any improvement on the symbolic interpretation?

In essence they both seem like alternative attempts to grasp something we struggle to understand?

Addition: In the end the faith is about the primacy of Akaal Purakh, when we start to focus on lesser beings/creations, we are bound to get in trouble.

Edited by dalsingh101

those weapons which are incapable of differentiating between innocent and demon i would classify as non-dharmic.

riddhian siddhian exist, it's no stretch of the imagination that technology evolved in the direction of riddh siddh to create such weapons in past jugs.