Dusshera

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Veer Jvala Singh Ji on Dusshera.

I was planning on reading a number of Chandi bania from Sri Dasam Granth Ji an Sri Sarbloh Granth while doing puja of my shastar after cleaning, polishing, sharpening, and general maintenance. I would like to recite all of Ram Avatar but don't have a Dasam Granth Pothi. I may print out Ram Avatar from on the web if it is acceptable or just recite from my laptop. I'll then attempt to do dedicate some time to some Kali drills daily (since I don't have a willing partner with whom to spar) to keep it from being some empty ritual.

What follows depends on whether I can figure out how to get a buffalo up 8 flights of stairs without any one noticing. :-D

What have you all got planned for Navratri and Dusshera?

K.

navraate start from tomorrow, i m planning jaap sahib in the morning, sukhmani sahib in the afernoon and chandi di vaar in the evening, veers pls do ardas, waheguru meher kare all goes well without obstructions, if any of you know how shastar pooja has to be done pls guide me. do we need ot do it every day, i dont haev a sharpner for the shastars and i have a 2 siri sahibs, one is Kharag khanda the other a tulwaar, rest are daggers and folding knives...plss guide me..

Good job I read the thread, it swung me from doing Reharaas at home to getting off my butt and going to the Gurdwara....was really glad I did afterwards.

Maybe I should clean my antique shaster but I don't really want to incase I ruin it?

Edited by dalsingh101

Few thoughts:

Personally (right or wrong), I instinctively put practicality 1st.

I try and do Chandi paath everyday - usually timing it before my training sessions, to me, that is what it is for - dhyaan on shakti and yudh. To just do it once a year seems no different to Muslims showing restraint for just one month a year or a Hindu fasting for single periods etc.

Kalyug veer mentioned not letting it be an empty ritual and doing some drills... traditionally artisans in India take one day off every year (Baba Vishvakarma janam divas)in order to clean/fix their tools, do pooja etc etc.

The concept is the same as dushera, where by the 'tools of the trade' are given a day off out of respect, and an opportunity is given to maintain them/respect them/show appreciation for them.

Today we live in a complex world, where by some try to keep traditions going, but have no understanding of their purpose.

Imagine some tarkaan kid (who is actually an office worker and doesn't jack about the building trade) cleaning and showing respect to his family tools once a year! Sound silly...?

I am in no way talking about Singhs who have shown interest in this thread, but in general. Singhs everywhere love hording and building collections of shastar, but the extremely large majority have zero idea of how to use them.

Guru is interested in gyaan, not in museum collections. IMHO Guru praises and requires vidya, then he requires the shastar to compliment/justify the vidya. Today people just have shastar.

What is the point poojing something you don't understand. A bit like people who mathha-tek to Aad Guru Granth Sahib all their life, but have never read, listened to or learnt what the gyaan means, forget about the application of it.

Back to Kalyug bro, if you are training with your shastar daily, give them a rest. Clean them up, meditate on them, admire them, respect them. That is what a Singh does on Dusera.

Doing chandi paath, shastar pooja etc etc, without having yudh on your curriculum/daily routine - to me, is an empty ritual.

Somewhat like doing Sukhmani Sahib everyday, and not doing simran.

Bhulchuk Maaf.

To those who asked:

There is info on Navratri and Dusshera in the link I provided from Jvala Singh's blog:

http://www.manglacharan.com/2010/10/nine-nights-of-nauratey-and-tenth-of.html

Chandi di Var maryada as revealed to Sant Baba Harnam Singh (recorded in his biography Se Kinehya) is that it should be recited in the morning with Anand Sahib afterwards, and, if it is recited in the evening, recitation should continue until sunrise next day.

K.

Few thoughts:

Personally (right or wrong), I instinctively put practicality 1st.

I try and do Chandi paath everyday - usually timing it before my training sessions, to me, that is what it is for - dhyaan on shakti and yudh. To just do it once a year seems no different to Muslims showing restraint for just one month a year or a Hindu fasting for single periods etc.

Kalyug veer mentioned not letting it be an empty ritual and doing some drills... traditionally artisans in India take one day off every year (Baba Vishvakarma janam divas)in order to clean/fix their tools, do pooja etc etc.

The concept is the same as dushera, where by the 'tools of the trade' are given a day off out of respect, and an opportunity is given to maintain them/respect them/show appreciation for them.

Makes sense. I may give my shastar some time off and just generally care for them. My goal was to up the ante - so to speak - and do a little more than I usually do, not recite Dasam bani and twirl my Kali sticks once a year for ten days (though to be honest, I spend too little time with shastar I cannot carry everywhere and more on those that are with me always - e.g.m my fists). Thanks, Singha. ;-)

K.

Edited by Kaljug

kaljug veer ji r u aware if uggardanti is fine to be recited with chandi di vaar...can it be like jaap saahib chandi di vaar and anand sahib???

It's fine. Usual Nihang nitnem includes Ugardanti, 32 x Braham Kavach, Chandi di Var, Chandi Charitars, Akal Ustat and a lot more in addition to the usual 5 nitnem bania. Btes thing is to keep Anand Sahib right till the end.

K.

Do you guys feel the effect of Dasam Guru ji's baani ? How does it feel ? I know many of you chardikala singhs recite chandi di var ? how does it feel ? Did you ever feel light weight ? Did anyone feel coolness in chest like anxiety sort ?

Has this happened to any one : when you start to doze off , a mantra starts to repeat in head , like a dream ?

please share

how long does it take for a beginner to notice effects ?

thanks

sure raagmaala veer ji , when i had started with Uggardanti, i would get angry i should say wild if i would see something wrong, my folks did havea terrible time at home...but slowly things cooled down today i did with anand sahib and sukhmani sahib, i should say i feel charged up..its like u feel good and aggressive too..but overall a very pleasant feeling