Converts To Islam Double In Britain, Says Study

kdsingh80

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/uk/Converts-to-Islam-double-in-Britain-says-study-/articleshow/7217065.cms

LONDON: The number of Britons choosing to become Muslims has nearly doubled in the past decade, according to a study by an inter-faith think tank.

The study by think tank Faith Matters attempts to estimate how many people have embraced Islam.

Despite the "often negative" portrayal of Islam, thousands of Britons are adopting the religion every year, The Independent reported.

Estimating the number of converts living in Britain has always been difficult because census data does not differentiate between whether a religious person has adopted a new faith or was born into it.

Previous estimates placed the number of Muslim converts at between 14,000 and 25,000.

But the new study by Faith Matters suggests the real figure could be as high as 100,000, with as many as 5,000 new conversions nationwide each year.

The researchers used data from the Scottish 2001 census - which is the only survey to ask respondents what their religion was at birth as well as at the time of the survey.

The experts broke down what proportion of Muslim converts there were in Scotland and then extrapolated the figures for Britain as a whole.

In all, they estimated there were 60,699 converts living in Britain in 2001.

The researchers polled mosques in London to try to calculate how many conversions take place a year.

The results gave a figure of 1,400 conversions in the capital in the past 12 months which, when extrapolated nationwide, would mean approximately 5,200 people adopting Islam every year.

The figures are comparable with studies in Germany and France which found that there were around 4,000 conversions a year.

Fiyaz Mughal, director of Faith Matters, said that coming up with a reliable estimate of the number of converts to Islam was "notoriously difficult".

"This report is the best intellectual 'guestimate' using census numbers, local authority data and polling from mosques. Either way few people doubt that the number adopting Islam in the UK has risen dramatically in the past 10 years," he said.

Batool al-Toma, an Irish-born convert who works at the Islamic Foundation and runs the New Muslims Project, a group to help converts, said she believed the new figures were "a little on the high side".

Inayat Bunglawala, founder of Muslims4UK, which promotes active Muslim engagement in British society, said the figures were "not implausible".

"It would mean that around one in 600 Britons is a convert to the faith," he said.

Well, there is most definitely a spiritual vacuum in the UK. I think more and more people will realise that there is more to life than the shallow fashion, celebrity and football obsessed crap that gets promoted so fiercely over here. How many people will be happy to just absorb the flood of x factor, Cheryl Cole, Jordon, Ronaldo related bullshit before they reject it for something more substantial.

Islam is doing the best job in 'reaching out' so it doesn't surprise me if they get the lion's share of converts.

The report is pure propaganda. There is no doubt that there are conversions to Islam but the numbers seem to be inflated. The report bases its findings on ringing up Mosques and asking how many converts there have been in the last year and their race and gender! That's a bit liking asking this guy

comical_ali.jpg

how many American infidels the glorious Iraqi army have dispatched to hell in the last 24 hours! As we should all know by now, lying is allowed in Islam as long as the ends justify it. Now if the intention is to create a notion in people minds that Islam is gaining all these converts this can only create a effect of more people researching Islam and pushing those who were hesitant to convert to Islam.

The report bases some of its findings on the 2001 census of Scotland which contains data on the current religion as well as the religion of birth in its datasets. According to the census there were 1187 people whose current religion was Islam but who had been born into non-Muslims families. There were also 329 persons who had been born Muslims and who had since then converted to other religions. There were also 846 person who had been born Muslims and who now classed themselves as having no religion. All this basically cancels itself out. Islam loses 1175 persons to other religions and no religions and gains 1187 persons from other religions. That's a net gain on 12 people in the whole of Scotland!

It is interesting that the report did not delve into the losses suffered by Islam and the growing numbers of Muslims who class themselves as having no religion. The reason why you don't hear this publicised in the media is that any Muslim who openly admits to having converted to another religion or not believing in Allah is basically painting a target on their backs! This is why we only see reports such as these featuring beaming converts espousing how great Islam is.

Edited by tonyhp32

Tony I can see the conversions to Islam around me all the time. Be this educated whiteys or black ex cons, women, men.

Is your response a classic case of dissonance at this fact?

Fact is, it is many of our own lot who are deserting in the diaspora. Be this to Christianity or general Godlessness. Gaining some sort of satisfaction at some sullay deserting is just the weakest form of alleviating dissonance.

Instead of doing this or spreading more pendu style hate in response, why not try and analyse why sadi quom is doing such a piss poor job at retention and growth in so many places? It's more productive.

I recently asked a few gianis some straight forward theological questions and the pendu responses I got from them are probably indicative of the state of knowledge and the common quality of parchaar out there by our lot.

I really don't get this inability to apply critical faculties internally and the whole blame culture solely focusing on external forces. No actually I do, it's the long term policy of a certain section of the panth.

Dalsingh

No offence but just because you see a few numbnutss becoming Muslims in some East End where you live, it doesn't mean that tens of thousands are converting to Islam all over the county. It helps the Islamic agenda if they can make it a general belief that tens of thousands of non-Muslims are converting. It serves two purposes, one it buttresses the faith of born Muslims as even though they may have a doubts about Islam they will not look elsewhere and two it may push those who have doubts about converting to Islam into take the last step. I did not say that conversions do not happen but the converts I have met tend to be insecure individuals who in many case have not been told all the facts about Islam. The report mentions a white woman who converted to Islam and who is a dance teacher. Now do you think she was told the truth about whether the job she does is in line with Islam or not? I remember the first white convert I met at university and his reason for converting was that he had been told that Neil Armstrong upon landing on the moon heard the azaan and then during a visit to Egypt he again heard the azaan and then realising what he had heard he instantly converted to Islam! Of course that story is a lie but way the Muslims propagated this story in order to bring some numbnuts to Islam shows how lying is just an extension of their parchar.

So my post was spreading pendu style hate? Did you bother to read what I wrote. At least I had the sense to research the data the report claims to have based its results on. All you have is that in your area you've seen some people become Muslim. I suppose your anecdotal evidence outweighs official data! I suppose the government will be wasting millions on the census in a few months time, they should just ask you for your estimate of the population and save all those millions. For someone who hasn't even been to a pind you seem to have a lot of opinions about pendus and the like.

Mate it isn't only around here that I've seen converts. Wherever I've worked I've met some. When I was at university (I've been a few times) I've met them. All my friends who've been to prison have told me that there are loads there.

I'm not saying they aren't converting for a variety of reasons. Some convert for ideological reasons, many for their partners, some for political reasons, some for spiritual, some because they are easily led and brainwashed, some because they love the solidarity and acceptance they give to new converts. Many black people in prison do as a rejection of whiteness.

Plus, their retention is good. I can see that when I occasionally go Gurdwara at Amritvela and pass the mosques and see how they are packed at that time and then walk into a virtually empty Gurdwara, despite there being loads of Sikhs here. I notice the British raised apnay hardly go regularly, the people that do are freshy pendus and bajoorag lok. With the masjids, loads of people are British sullay, young and old.

Tony we can't keep ignoring the fact that our lot are doing a crap job at preaching to our own leave preaching to outsiders. It's like you've accepted low standards for us?

Edited by dalsingh101

Dalsingh

I remember the first white convert I met at university and his reason for converting was that he had been told that Neil Armstrong upon landing on the moon heard the azaan and then during a visit to Egypt he again heard the azaan and then realising what he had heard he instantly converted to Islam! Of course that story is a lie but way the Muslims propagated this story in order to bring some numbnuts to Islam shows how lying is just an extension of their parchar.

LOL you heard that story too! I also once met a Muslim who told me about that story of Neil Armstrong hearing the Azzan in space. This Muslim told me that he was so impressed after hearing the Azzan that he converted to Islam and even claim Armstrong moved to Palistine!

Edited by Mithar

Everyones heard that one. And the one about Allah being written in a tomato......

or was it an aubergine?

Edited by dalsingh101

We have plenty of stupid people in our nation anyway without having to use these underhand tactics to get more. The funny thing is that the muslims use stupidity as a conversion tool and then wonder why so many taliban are dying in afghanistan or why terrorist cells in the west are so pathetic. One terrorist group in the west even tried to get a mentally ill white guy to blow himself up, which failed pretty quickily. Quality is always better than quantitity. If you want numbers, there are plenty of people in Punjab that can be converted. I personally feel that once Punjab is 100% sikh then we can deal with the rest of the world. At the moment almost 50% of east punjab is non-sikh, with west punjab filled with 100 million muslim punjabis.

Lol, the only worrying mentality in that debate was your friend 'Kanti Lall'... unbelievable!

To stereotype millions of hardworking and well educated people around the world who find some beauty and peace in Islam as idiots is the height of hate and idiocy. The people who converted in the show all seemed like nice, sensible and peacable people who all seem calm and happy with their new life. Good luck to them.

westerners convert to Buddism, Hinduism, Sikhism (mostly 3HO)and many other religions/philosophies as is Gods wish. I know plenty of westerners following all the above paths, including Islam - they are all very nice and 'content' people.

More important than the religion they convert to is the deeper meaning of life that they find - which follows similar lines in most of these faiths - it's just a matter of coincidence where people end up. What all these new converts have in common is their fresh outlook, questioning and researching ability - they seek rather than plain accept as most who are born into these faiths - meaning they find much more.

Lol, the only worrying mentality in that debate was your friend 'Kanti Lall'... unbelievable!

To stereotype millions of hardworking and well educated people around the world who find some beauty and peace in Islam as idiots is the height of hate and idiocy. The people who converted in the show all seemed like nice, sensible and peacable people who all seem calm and happy with their new life. Good luck to them.

westerners convert to Buddism, Hinduism, Sikhism (mostly 3HO)and many other religions/philosophies as is Gods wish. I know plenty of westerners following all the above paths, including Islam - they are all very nice and 'content' people.

More important than the religion they convert to is the deeper meaning of life that they find - which follows similar lines in most of these faiths - it's just a matter of coincidence where people end up. What all these new converts have in common is their fresh outlook, questioning and researching ability - they seek rather than plain accept as most who are born into these faiths - meaning they find much more.

I was questioning the methods that are used to convert people and the organised targetting by people who want to score points or prove some sort of made up feeling of superiority over other religions rather than all the people out there who have converted for personal reasons through there own steam. As for 3HO, there are plenty of white converts and brown sikhs over there who dont looks so favourably on them. That doesnt make them any less sikh. There is no one single right way.

Let's be honest Islam does have some positive points in amongst its more nutjob elements.

I would say a proportionally higher percentage of sullay are committed to their faith compared to most other faiths. They at least used to have high art, literature, mathematics, astronomy and architecture amongst themselves like in Persia and Bagdad. When they get on, they do really well. When they don't its bombings in the marketplace time! They have plurality with Sunnis, Shias and Sufis. They are TRULY a multicultural faith. However we may feel about it, militarily speaking, they've managed to bring serious drama to the white devil and his military machine in Afghanistan. They variably don't compromise their faith easily to please outsiders. It is what it is, and damn what outsiders may think of it for many of them.

We need to be careful not to wrongly equate dodgy Paks we encounter with all sullay in my opinion - simply because it skews our perspective of reality.

I noticed a lot of Roman Catholics converting and saying that they felt it was natural progression. Curious.

Edited by dalsingh101

they've managed to bring serious drama to the white devil and his military machine in Afghanistan.

At a massive cost to themselves in manpower and equipment. The only way they hurt the west is in their wallets by forcing them to spend so much on the war. The taliban have never ever been able to push back the nato troops. They just dont have the manpower, technology or tactics to achieve military victory. All the nato losses so far in terms of manpower and equipment are easily replaced are rather non-consequential. Numerous top taliban commandeers are dead. One british Lt Colonel has been blown up so far. We need to maintain an objective perspective, just because they are killing imperialists does not make them our friends. The Khalsa has few allies.

They variably don't compromise their faith easily to please outsiders. It is what it is, and damn what outsiders may think of it for many of them.

Come on, lying and deception is not sticking to one's guns. I know sikhs are bad for trying to sell our religion in some desperate search for western believers, which I think is wrong. But copying the muslims wont achieve anything as we are not muslims. As sikhs our strength has always been independant thought and using our understanding of our problems to come up with unique solutions.

I noticed a lot of Roman Catholics converting and saying that they felt it was natural progression. Curious.

To sikhi or islam?

At a massive cost to themselves in manpower and equipment. The only way they hurt the west is in their wallets by forcing them to spend so much on the war. The taliban have never ever been able to push back the nato troops. They just dont have the manpower, technology or tactics to achieve military victory. All the nato losses so far in terms of manpower and equipment are easily replaced are rather non-consequential. Numerous top taliban commandeers are dead. One british Lt Colonel has been blown up so far. We need to maintain an objective perspective, just because they are killing imperialists does not make them our friends. The Khalsa has few allies.

I am being objective. The way they are dealing with a better equipped, modern force is impressive. Just talking from a tactical perspective. Whitey is demoralised and they're sending their boys back in boxes or legless regularly. You're not getting it. They are achieving (so far anyway), what Guru Hargobind did against the Moghuls. By this I mean breaking th aura of invincibility the imperialists like to project and rely on to cow others down. Given the disparity in resources that is something anyone with an interest in military tactics would find fascinating. Plus you know the Taliban pay their foot soldiers better money than the invaders don't you?

Come on, lying and deception is not sticking to one's guns.
I'd say this is more of a paki thing than a sullah one myself.

I know sikhs are bad for trying to sell our religion in some desperate search for western believers, which I think is wrong. But copying the muslims wont achieve anything as we are not muslims.

You're reading me wrong. I'm not suggesting copying them. I'm just acknowledging their success, that's all. Plus you highlight something important there: they frequently have a superiority complex over the west, whilst apnay seem to have an inferiority complex in this respect, especially towards Anglos. Obviously it stems from the colonial experience as all accounts point at a confident, belligerent Khalsa pre-annexation.

As sikhs our strength has always been independant thought and using our understanding of our problems to come up with unique solutions.

Yeah, but now we've got crusty and conservative. Look at how flexibly and quickly we organised ourselves before. From jathas to misls, the sarbat Khalsa, Budha Dal, Taruna Dal. Plus we are arseholes between ourselves unless we are being exterminated, face it.

To sikhi or islam?

Islam. I think because they are already accustomed to rigidity and highly prescribed practices and a demanding, guilt inspiring God, hence the transition seems natural? Plus the style of the Quran is probably quite close to their own interpretation of the bible? It goes further in prescription I imagine and they don't have the issue with the proliferation of paedo priests which must be a serious head shaft for them, being as it takes place at the very core of the faiths highest institutes?

Edited by dalsingh101

Yeah, but now we've got crusty and conservative. Look at how flexibly and quickly we organised ourselves before. From jathas to misls, the sarbat Khalsa, Budha Dal, Taruna Dal. Plus we are arseholes between ourselves unless we are being exterminated, face it.

So true. It is unfortunate that our enemies wised up and have switched to soft, more 'behind the scenes' type tactics in order to undermine and roll us back. Sant Bhindranwale JI talked about how the panth needed to be woken up, something that still needs to be done.

I am being objective. The way they are dealing with a better equipped, modern force is impressive. Just talking from a tactical perspective. Whitey is demoralised and they're sending their boys back in boxes or legless regularly. You're not getting it. They are achieving (so far anyway), what Guru Hargobind did against the Moghuls. By this I mean breaking th aura of invincibility the imperialists like to project and rely on to cow others down. Given the disparity in resources that is something anyone with an interest in military tactics would find fascinating. Plus you know the Taliban pay their foot soldiers better money than the invaders don't you?

Considering what they are up against its not surprising they have to pay their troops more lol. But the psychological effects are limitted to the lower classes mainly the chavs. The upper classes and many of the middle classes couldnt give a shit about the british losses. In the recession the army has plenty of recruits amongst the plebs so the war has no deterrent effect. As for the taliban tactics, well there are a billion muslims so they can use dumb tactics like running at heavily defended bases firing their weapons like looneys. We sikhs arent so expendable. When we fought the mughals and afghans we lost a lot of people. Using modern tactics in the 19th century we were able to wage war against afghans/chinese/anglos and not suffer the same level of losses as we did against the mughals. Warfare today is more about tactics, training, supply/logistics and technology than bravery or willingness to throw oneself upon your enemies.

Islam. I think because they are already accustomed to rigidity and highly prescribed practices and a demanding, guilt inspiring God, hence the transition seems natural? Plus the style of the Quran is probably quite close to their own interpretation of the bible? It goes further in prescription I imagine and they don't have the issue with the proliferation of paedo priests which must be a serious head shaft for them, being as it takes place at the very core of the faiths highest institutes?

The reason I mentioned sikhi is because many of the catholic converts to sikhi I have met seem to have deep issues with their catholic past. Many of them were drawn to sikhi because it was refreshing, unconflicting with science and more enlightened than the 'jesus died for you 2 thousand years ago' mumbo jumbo that they had rammed down their throats. Many seem keen on converting other catholics too mainly due to the idea that other catholics have gone through some of the things they did. As for catholics converting to islam i think the main reason is due to what they suffered when they were younger.

Lauren Booth..nice.. sensible ? On being asked about the punishment for apostasy she side stepped the question by stating she doesn't know anyone who wants to leave Islam.. on the question of Mohammed marrying a child of 6 she stated that it is no a part of Islam! Show how well she studied the religion she not acts as a propagandist for. The male convert was a nutjob regurgitating the same old bukwas about the quran containing scientific information unknown at the time of its inception.

The case of Lauren Booth is interesting, she wants a career and also plaudits for being a mother which she does not think that she is getting. She is divorced, financially bankrupt and working with a Islamic propaganda satellite station owned by the Mullahs of Iran. One can guess at the type of information she got about Islam at Press TV. Allied to the fact that her own half sister who is the wife of Tony Blair is listed as one of her creditors! It must be a shock to her ego that her half sibling has been a success in life whilst she has been a failure. So similar types convert to Islam as a protest against their way they have been treated by family and society. I would have more respect for LB if she actually knew something about the religion she had converted into.

Converts to Islam for the most part are people who just like converts to other religions have something missing in their lives but they have an added dimension, the desire to act the rebel and stick up two fingers at their society. The converts to other religion will show some criticism of their lives beforehand but converts to Islam are more vociferous about what was wrong in their lives prior to Islam as well as society in general. A few decades ago these people would have become ardent communists and before that they would have been fascists.

The male convert they had later was the classic Islam 'revert', a fool with an empty head which had on conversion to Islam been filled with so-called Islamic 'science'.

The guy Steve who had the debate with LB had better knowledge of Islam than the convert!

I suppose Kanti Lal the Islamophobe is the universe's way of keeping the balance and cancelling out extreme Islamophiles like Shaheediyan.

Converts to Islam for the most part are people who just like converts to other religions have something missing in their lives but they have an added dimension, the desire to act the rebel and stick up two fingers at their society. The converts to other religion will show some criticism of their lives beforehand

So do you think our own forefathers did this sometime in the last 500 years? No hang on, yours definitely didn't, they just tried to convert the religion along the lines of their own previous peasant belief system and fast forward a few centuries - you are still at it. lol

PS - Cherie Blair's sister probably converted out of guilt, knowing that her brother in law (and by implication her sister) are directly responsible for the deaths of God knows how many innocent everyday sullay including nyanay and jananis. But I guess even these people deserve it in your eyes hey Tony?

Edited by dalsingh101

Dalsingh, Tony is just a modern day Sucha Nand, he would have no problem with the removal of evil child Muslims.

Tony, me having respect for everyday people making a choice to improve their lives does not make me dhimmi.

You however clearly remain a Nazi. It wouldn't surprise me if you were one these pathetic supporters of the BNP and EDL, hoping these Knights in shining armour will rid your adopted country of the Malech, as you can't personally do much to help the cause yourself except for typing a few hate posts in the safety of your armchair whenever you see an opportunity. Pathetic. I bet if it ever came down to the crunch, loud mouthed internet Ninjas like you (clearly devoid of any of Gurus mat and pyaar) would be 1st to stick a pakistani flag outside your house.

Dalsingh, Tony is just a modern day Sucha Nand, he would have no problem with the removal of evil child Muslims.

Tony, me having respect for everyday people making a choice to improve their lives does not make me dhimmi.

You however clearly remain a Nazi. It wouldn't surprise me if you were one these pathetic supporters of the BNP and EDL, hoping these Knights in shining armour will rid your adopted country of the Malech, as you can't personally do much to help the cause yourself except for typing a few hate posts in the safety of your armchair whenever you see an opportunity. Pathetic. I bet if it ever came down to the crunch, loud mouthed internet Ninjas like you (clearly devoid of any of Gurus mat and pyaar) would be 1st to stick a pakistani flag outside your house.

Under Godwin's rule you've just lost the debate.

Edited by tonyhp32