India Constition

As far as I remember, when Sikhs are called Hindus it is meant as a geographical label and not as a religious. It talks about all Indian religions being Hindu (indian), while Christianity Islam etc are non-hindu religions... Even Indian Muslims in Dubai today are called Hindus (refering to their geograpichal location and not as a religous label)..

If one looks at other articles in the constitution it says that Sikhs have their own religion...

Edited by amardeep

some points i see need correction

1st - nowhere is a Khalsa not permitted to interact with hindus on social level.

2nd - The Anand Karaj was non existant at the time of all the ten Gurus, in fact the person who gave maximum importance in bringing Anand Karaj was Bhai Ram Singh ji Kooka the founder of Namdhari Sikh Sangat.

3rd - Nehru was brahmin Gandhi was a Bania and to be specific since I know the gujarati language and am aware of the communities present in Gujarat, Gandhi was a modh Bania.

In fact the surname Gandhi refers to a trader, even in us Sikhs we have Gandhi and they are traders, the ones I interacted with are from the Bhatia Clan who were in the Kirana business and thus were called Gandhi.

4th As Amardeep rightly put it, Hindu is nationality, refer to Vedas, Purans, Shrutis, nowhere is the word hindu found.

In fact in India be it any religion, the word used is Dharma...the righteous way of life.

I personally have objections to us being labelled Hindus, since that then encourages the caste system distortion .

2nd - The Anand Karaj was non existant at the time of all the ten Gurus, in fact the person who gave maximum importance in bringing Anand Karaj was Bhai Ram Singh ji Kooka the founder of Namdhari Sikh Sangat

Bhai Daya singh's Rehatnama's mention about anand Karaj

http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/sikh-rehat-maryada/daya-singh-rahit-nama-p3.html

Marriage

If anyone's daughter is not engaged seek a partner for her and perform the marriage. If the man is not a Sikh have him become one. Celebrate a marriage only by using the Anand order.'' At the time of marriage donate 11/4 rupees as an offering. Do not accept food from anyone who

has a marriage performed by a Brahman. [17, 60, 80, 91

-------------------------------------------------------

majority of Puratan Rehatnama's were quite clear that a Sikh should marry sikh