Dabbling In Stocks And Shares

dalsingh101

Just wondering if anyone dabbles in stocks and shares here?

If so, what is the cheapest way to do this with minimal overheads. I imagine it would be via some online service?

Could any brother/sister in the know, share their knowledge of how to dabble without it costing an arm and a leg?

open up a spread trading account with any online firm such as cityindex.co.uk. Deposit £100, (of course you can put in your life savings if you wish,) enough to start trading on various markets and 'learn' the game.

Then watch your £100 reduce to pennies as emotions of fear and greed take over your sane mind.

Then get a job, earn more money, save and repeat until you make your fortune!

You will really recognise what your own ego is when you start trading.

That seems to be limited to 'spread betting'?

Basically I guess what I am asking is whether I can trade without overhead costs? Or what is the absolute minimum overhead costs I can pay?

All you need is computer with internet access and then whatever funds you are willing to lose.

You need to learn how the platform works (ie whatever you see on each brokers screen). This is fairly easy. There are usually training guides on the website.

Then your technical skill. ie When to go long, when to go short, when to just wait on the sidelines. These are the only three choices you will ever make when trading. learning this can take forever! These principles stay the same whatever you decide to trade: options, spread betting, futures, derivatives, shares, forex etc etc.

Start off by reading and attending courses. Most books are rubbish and most courses are there to fleece you of money!!!!

Understanding Human psychology is very important in trading. A trader I know recommeded That one reads books on sports psychology.

Whats your current knowledge/skill level? Whats your trading style?

Lemme know if you wanna know more on how to lose your hard-earned dosh. Easy way would be just to deposit it into my Santandar Bank account!

Lemme know if you wanna know more on how to lose your hard-earned dosh. Easy way would be just to deposit it into my Santandar Bank account!

lol

All you need is computer with internet access and then whatever funds you are willing to lose.

You need to learn how the platform works (ie whatever you see on each brokers screen). This is fairly easy. There are usually training guides on the website.

Then your technical skill. ie When to go long, when to go short, when to just wait on the sidelines. These are the only three choices you will ever make when trading. learning this can take forever! These principles stay the same whatever you decide to trade: options, spread betting, futures, derivatives, shares, forex etc etc.

Start off by reading and attending courses. Most books are rubbish and most courses are there to fleece you of money!!!!

Understanding Human psychology is very important in trading. A trader I know recommeded That one reads books on sports psychology.

Whats your current knowledge/skill level? Whats your trading style?

In share market Luck plays a very big role.Who knows Dalsingh could become millionare and you would be begging for a job from him

Edited by kdsingh80

In share market Luck plays a very big role.Who knows Dalsingh could become millionare and you would be begging for a job from him

Very true. thats why I don't offend him - even when he critises me and my White Masters! I might need to borrow a few pounds off him oneday.

Hedge your bets!!! greatest rule of game theory. applicable to all life.

most of the experts were dead wrong in most of their financial predictions... it seems among the few who actually know what they are talking about there is gerald celente and this guy - http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Aftershock-book-predicts-economic/2011/07/25/id/404782?utm_source=outbrain&utm_title=?Aftershock?-Book-Predicts-Economic-Disa/.

better to invest in gold, silver, skills and knowledge, good health, and bani imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Dalsingh,

The easiest way to deal in stock and not risk your cash is to sign up for the milliondollar challenge on cnbc. There's a chance to win $ 1 million and some other prizes but the best part is that you can use the site as a learning tool and for paper trading without risking any of your own money.

http://milliondollar.cnbc.com/?

The contest starts tomorrow