Is Too Much Sikhi Bad?

Genie Singh

Is too much Sikhi bad?

Do you ever find yourself in a point in time where you find yourself engrossed in religion far too much to the point your social life suffers. People socialize less perhaps out of the fear of being told to change, or being judged for frankly being a sinner in their eyes or your eyes?

Religion is a topic you can't really bring up on a job interview for say an admin job and you can't easily speak about it with other co-workers who may not be of the same religion. Perhaps you find yourself stuck in a mind frame seeing all the negative side of religion, such as genocides, holy wars, killings, hatred of women, social ills, holier than thou priests, priests telling you how to act and how to live your life, when you are free to live your life yourself.

Do you ever just get bored of Sikhi? Where you read a shabad or tuuk of bani and it sounds similar or familiar and you have the message in your mind already.

Interesting post.

I think dogma is boring and people sadly mistake it for religion.

My own understanding of Sikhi is more complex than that. There are a lot of factors to grasp and it takes maturity and a level of intelligence to negotiate paradoxes like the SGGS ji and DG. Khalsa and preKhalsa Sikhi. All the different rehatnamas and sampardaya. Understanding the politics of colonialism and its impact on Sikhs. Finding out the truth about caste according to Sikhi and then understanding the discrepancy between ideology and practice. Simran/meditation. Learning different aspects of language to read bani and Sikh literature. The list can go on

In the end doing all this (or trying) is an education in itself and enriches a person; or at least I feel like it has enriched me. The process alone compels higher consciousness in my opinion.

I do believe it is essential to develop other sides of knowledge simultaneously as well though and the literary activity of dasam pita's darbar set the precedent for this (for those requiring a religious sanction). But in my opinion, by studying Sikhi/Sikh itihaas and literature with an open mind we do inevitably delve into all manner off subjects - historiography, social organisation and evolution, politics past and present, linguistic concerns, psychology to name a few. So to me, Sikhi actually makes you wiser and more open minded rather than narrow minded.

So, I don't really separate my study of Sikhi from my study of life in general. In this way it never gets boring for me.

What does become a problem is sharing this with others! I am generally very private with my spiritual/religious side; and for good reason too. As you get older (and hopefully wiser), you get to realise that the first and most major stumbling block on a spiritual path is people using it to actually bolster and not attenuate their egocentrism. That's why the most haughty, petty, judgmental mfs can come from religious backgrounds. We've probably all been on the receiving end of this at some stage; we've also probably acted in this way too at some stage - as uncomfortable a thought as that may be! Once you go down this path - is it really any shock that people want to avoid you, or that your social life suffers? But don't get me wrong: there are times when strong condemnation is required to stop our society degrading itself (like through casteism) but overall we have to recognise the truth of our own flaws - which can be legion. Thats' the problem - when people use religion as a sort of cloak to hide their own failings as a human and as a form of 'social glue' with a group of insiders - who then proceed to make themselves feel grand through judging lesser souls.

Plus I prefer a small progressive social circle anyway, so it doesn't really bother me. I find that mixing with lots of people often throws you in petty social politics which I haven't got the time and patience for. By this I mean all that cobblers about 'He said, she said' blah blah blah.

In the end keep your faith personal I guess?

Edited by dalsingh101

If keeping our faith personal and private is important and perhaps a great way for social harmony why didn't guru nanak teach this to us? Why did the gurus live a life of solely talking about religious tenents and not found to socialize casually in historical narratives? Why didn't guru nanak keep his beliefs to himself? Or is there a difference in our environment to do so?

First and foremost we aren't Gurus.

No one likes religion being forced down their throat uninvited. My point was about focusing on oneself before trying to convince others. Plus truth be told; until we start to reverse some of our own societies problems with hypocrisy and materialism, we just open ourselves to all manner of abuse when we try to come across as especially righteous.

First and foremost we aren't Gurus.

We may not be the guru but it seems the teachings of sikhi seem to reflect sikhs to emulate the gurus in their teachings, practice and further the khalsa maima tells us khalsa is guru gobind singhs guru, and khalsa is the guru. The wearing of the turban is emulation of the guru. If the sikh becomes one with the guru there is no difference between them. Isn't that then too much pressure to implement or is it baby steps?

Edited by JatherdarSahib

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

No amount of Sikhi can ever be bad at all .

First of all, let us clear what is Sikhi in essence.

Sikhi means science, means teachings.

But what type of teachings?

And from whom?

And for whom?

Only when we get mental satisfaction, can we get real conviction, in the form of love and firm faith, otherwise, sorry to say, it is just a unconsciouss cheating to ourselves.

The true teachings of Sikhi, are of the highest order. Because they are only meant for our spiritual uplift. Not politics nor worldly matters.

If we had to summarize Sikhi in a few simple words, it would be: Ikonkar, Satgur Parsad. This means,there is only one Lord creator, namely Wahiguru. And He can be realized, through the Gurparsad.

That´s it.

So simple, isnt´t it?.

This in short is Gurmat, or call it Sikhi.

It is we humans, that we like to monopolize, manipulate, limit and complicate whatever we touch. The teachings in Sikhi or of the Gurmukhs, are planned by Akal Purukh Himself, and are made known to us, by His Gurmukhs, that also under His command, under His will.

And if this simple Sikhi is followed accurately, we stone hearted people, can become, as perfect and as divine as Him.

Why?

Because, the wisdom and its beauty contained in it, are not ours,(because we are moorakhs by birth, until we die); but of the One, who has created all the Brahms, the Khands, the universes... and everything... so naturally there can be no failures, but just success.

Let us have a look to the lives of our Guru Sahibans, we can only perceive humility, mercy and love for all.

Have we ever asked ourselves, why it is so?

Well, because they were one in mind and soul, through true bhakti of Nam Simran, with that endless fountain of all virtues, who is none other than Sat Purukh.

So the thing is, if Sikhi is followed accurately, no side effects or harm can be the output, on the contrary, only purity, happiness, bliss, balance and harmony with the Nature are its fruits.

So you see, never ever any much application of Sikhi can be bad. Even if we dedicate 24 hours to Sikhi, it is not bad. Because then the one following Sikhi, is the most fortunate one, as he is drinking the Nectar, the Amrit of Nam flowing inside each one of us, all the 24 hours, 365 days. That Amrit which yogis , munis and gods try to find it, and are lost in their serach, but the wadbhagee gursikh gets it easily by following Sikhi.

So Sikhi is not bad as per our Gurmukhs. Bad is only the manipulation and corruption of the Sikhi, because then the results are only evil, though subtle, and not perceivable by us; but in the end, it does us more harm tham anything else, because it draws us farther from our goal, our destination, rather than bringing us closer to Him.

Sikhi as said before, are the highest spiritual teachings, from an expert to a student...from a Gurmukh to a Gursikh. The goal of Sikhi is not to bind us here on the earth with rules, regulations and outer tendencies.

But to make us worthy to become one with Akal Purukh, through selfless love and devotion of the highest order, in order to get the Beloved Wahiguru alone, not His creation, but the creator Himself.

This is the beauty and essence of Sikhi.

Wah wah Sachay Badshah, kaun janeh gun Tere...

Is too much Sikhi a bad thing? Depends on how you define Sikhi.

Overindulgence in a particular ideology without critical introspection can have adverse effects and could lead to a utopian viewpoint reflecting your egocentric interpretation of Sikhi.

All dharams have four levels or stages and they all name differently accordingly to different dharams.. like for example ..universally we can pick all dharams have- shariat, tariqat, marfat and hakikat ...these levels or stages are seeker spiritual development stages and when one is in dharam one suppose to be conscious and receptive towards their progression - read gurbani- adapt viritues and find out their mool and gradually spontaneously progress in different stages not stuck in the one stage unfortunately 70% of all dharamis of all dharams are stuck in just begineer and semi 2nd layers of dharam and hence soo many conflicts, wars, bickering, jealously, fascism, fanaticism...so yeah since they made shariat or tariqat stage into road block for them too much of dharam is bad and have adverse affect than good and its very dangerous for them..for them its very important they seek help from gurbani hakums and mahapursh sadh sangat and also take some humanitarian/egalitarian course before they go totally nuts and become fascist.

All dharam have four layers/stages- Shariat, Tariqat, Marfat and Hakikat . Sikhi have same structure in stages (similar stages are discussed in anand karaj lavan)
At shariat layer of sikhi one takes admission to sikhi by taking amrit, by taking the physical initiation khanda batta da amrit and receiving naam amrit is quite important as it symbolizes that now student/shish/sikh has a guru/teacher in our case our guru is sri guru granth sahib ji and saints/panj pyares are guides just available for help between path of journey between you and your guru.
It's pretty common to see these days people(especially youths are spending their precious time in doubts/pondering/debating-winning arguments over policy(rehat details etc) just accept it and move on to different stages i.e - if one in marfat stage, one can transcendent on some of rituals in shariat (rehat) or one can keep them without paying any attention to them so much so not even one second or breath is spent pondering over the rituals in shariat layer because focus is actually on the adhyatam now.
Rehat maryada as it is supposed to free an individual not attach back to dogma..again nothing wrong with rehat maryada be it bibek, chalisa itself but if caution is not paid in the mindset same thing could be turned into dogma by individual and end up being road block or hindrance in one spiritual journey.
Guru maharaj has provided his hand to them to get them out from web of trap in the first-shariat layer of sikhi by giving this vak:
All though originally updesh given to sharia panthi muslim of that time to raise the bar or get them out from road block but gurbani is meant for everyone including off course sikhs, its fits perfectably looking at the sad state of affairs among holier than thou amritdharis.
Ang- 1083
saraa sareeath lae ka(n)maavahu ||
Let your practice be to live the spiritual life.
thareekath tharak khoj ttolaavahu ||
Let your spiritual cleansing be to renounce the world and seek God.
maarafath man maarahu abadhaalaa milahu hakeekath jith fir n maraa ||3||
Let control of the mind be your spiritual wisdom, O holy man; meeting with God, you shall never die again. ||3|

I think it is quite clear by now, what is the difference between a common sikh and a Gurmukh.

While we sikhs(disciples, students of spirituality) think a lot and calculate everything, becuase down there in the bottom of our minds and hearts, we are not sufficiently convinced, so we adjust ourselves to our beliefs...

On the other side, the Gurmukhs(Masters of spirituality) who have understood the base of ruhaniyat, even before they came to Gur Gadhee, they took the words of the Guru Sahibans as Sat Bachans, and made earth and heaven one, with their total and sincere efforts.

And that too without making it complicated at all, but with what they heard and learnt, the same like us, which is : Saas saas simroh Gobind. This means, devotion carried out, not at any particular time, but at all times, with each and every breath.

They did not calculate, if what they where doing, was too much or too little, neither did they stop to think, about the opinion of their surroundings with this their bhakti, whether the people will take them as mad, egocentrics or any other adjective given above or by the normal human beings anywhere..

But, even once they achieved their goal while living, they did not stop, but continued with their spiritual practices regularly.

Why?

Firstly, they did bhakti, or spiritaul practice as abhyaas, to achieve their goal.

And secondly, once achieved their goal, with that jugtee, they tasted the Amrit of Nam within themselves, which can not be compared at all, with the fake and temporary pleasures of this world, so they wanted to have that state of bliss at all times, by drinking that Amrit, as much as possible.

And that can only be possible, by a lovingly total dedication with heart, mind, and soul, at the Lotus feet of Wahiguru

Dear all, the athletes, in order to gain just a simple piece of metal(gold) in Olympic games for example, they train even six to eight hours daily....

And we want the best, Waiguru..... so do we think that we will get Him, just like that?

The higher the goal, higher the price... Even 24 hours of devotion as a price even, is nothing compared to what we want, Satnam. Of course, He can only be realized by His grace, not by our petty efforts, so here, in our total dedication lies the secret of our success.

As efforts and Grace, go hand by hand, so the greater our efforts, the greater the Grace showered by Him.

It is like, something(our efforts) worthy one cent, is paid in thousands of dollars (His Grace)...

He is ready to give everything, but we also, we have to make ourselves worthy, to receive His Grace.

Even a dog while sitting on the floor, clears it first with its tail, and we pretend Him, to come and sit in our polluted minds, in our dirty stone hardened hearts, just like that? We must be out of sense.

We are too inmature, to think otherwise.

The option is there for each one of us, kept by our Guru Sahibans. It is now up to us, how wisely we want to make the use of it.

Devotion or bhakti, is done for the sole purpose of our union with Akal Purukh. But not to inflate our ego, nor pay attention, as per what will the world say or not say... our relation with Wahiguru, is a personal and an intimate one, with Him.

The world does not matter much, because when I/we go, we shall be alone, and at that time, only how much bhakti have we done, shall be in our favour, against our countless karmas since we have come into the creation.

So brothers, no too much sikhi can be bad ever.... if of course, sikhi is taken as per the teachings of our Guru Sahibans, and that is as simple as : Ikonkar, Satgur Parsad.

There is only one Lord, do and give all your best with the Gurparsad, (khoob uskee kamaee karoh) to realize Him.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

• 4 weeks later...

Firstly we need to understand what our purpose is in human existence from Gurbani's perspective. How many Janams have we wandered in various species not knowing when we will get the priceless human form. Finally when we are now fortunate to be born as humans, Gurbani says it is our turn to have Darshan of Vaheguru by means of practicing Gurmat, Naam Simran and doing Sifat Salah of Vaheguru. Our body is like a temple which should be used for purposes of Bhagti and seva of Guru Maharaj. Life is passing us by so fast. When we are young we think have have a lot of years left not realizing that 1/3 of our life is already wasted on childhood. Then we get married and get so busy with our spouse and children, again 2/3 of our life has passed away. Then by the time we are at old age and death happens and we just wasted this whole human existence on this Dunya.

Bhagti, Rehit, Kirtan and Gurbani should be a part of our daily routine from a young age.

Edited by Jonny101

I been studying tibetan buddhism lately, they start way early with their kids with meditation, all though they have religious rituals like every other religion, they seem to be more drawn towards spirituality and meditation, one of the main reasons that is that tibet have invested heavily in meditation, spiritual discourses despite of chinese oppression on tibet.

We too had in past invested our time heavily in meditation and deep layers of gurmat in puratan times- taksal, udasi, sevapanthis nirmale bhai dya singh upsampardas- rara sahib, harkhowal, bhai dharam singh upsampardas all have contribute enormous on spiritual literature dealing with deep concept of mind, body and soul, meditation, deep arth teekas of gurbani, but due to unfortunate unforeseen circumstances - 1947, post 1984 we lost lot of spiritual traditions such as -spiritual literature- interest towards transcendental meditation, raaj jog kundalini healing of humanity similiar to chii energy, chalisas, mantra chantings from sri guru granth sahib, sri dasam guru granth sahib via shabad naad vidhiyas and other gupt vidhiyas.

And Blood lust is not sikhi, surely a tamoguni demonic trait.

Because you want to exercise and do yogic meditations to bring out your 'bir ras'.

You don't see a map of India, burning every time you look at it.

-

How do you think we got the name Nihung? Everyone, says Sikhs fight like demons.

'Sura So Pechaniye Jo Lare Din Ke Het, Purja Purja Kat Mare Kabhu Na Shade Khet'

The question about if too much sikhi is bad?

Well, it can be seen from 2 angles.

One is, if sikhi is taken superficially as a combination of rules and regulations, with a slight political touch, then the answer is yes, it is not beneficial spiritually, as one gets away from what was intended by our Guru Sahibans, because their intentions, were, to withdraw our attention from outward worldly affairs, to the one permanent Truth within ourselves.

The second angle is,the spiritual teachings of our Guru Sahibans, which are called siksha or sikhiya. This is true sikhi, which we get as Gurparsad, as a particle of their infinite grace, or Daya Meher.

That is why, Dhan Guru Sachay Badshah Nanak Dev Maharaj says:

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ਨਾਨਕ ਪੀਵਤੰ ਸੰਤ ਨ ਤ੍ਰਿਪ੍ਯ੍ਯਤੇ

Anmrith Naam Naaraaein Naanak Peevathan Santh N Thripyathae

अम्रित नामु नाराइण नानक पीवतं संत न त्रिप्यते

The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is Ambrosial Nectar, O Nanak. The Saints drink it in, and never have enough of it.

Here He is saying, that those saints, those Gurmukhs, who are full up to the brim with the Nectar of Nam, they always drink it, but even then they are not satiated, they do not ever have it enough...such is the taste of Nam, or let us say, the sikhya, the sikhi, got as Gurparasd.

The Name, the Nam is such a wonderful taste, that even 24 hours having it, is not enough.

And once having tasted it, all other tastes(vikaars, kam, krodh, lobh, moh, ahankaar) are insipid, are tasteless, which, after that, never ever trouble again a gursikh.

The sikhi, or gurmat, is solely for God realization, not to bind us in chains, such as land, politics, community, dharam, rituals, pilgrimages, etc, which are all transient, and perishable, except His Nam.

Our Guru Sahibans, are the embodiment of this very Truth, their purpose for coming in this world, is to cut our bondages with worldly people, worldy things, worldly affairs(koor maya, koor sabh sansar...) and unite us with the only one reality, Wahiguru Akal Purukh, through love and devotion at His Lotus Feet.

• 2 weeks later...

Have we stopped to think, what is sikhee or Gurmat? Sikhee is gurparasd, given to us by our Guru Sahibans, who are not philosophers, neither social reformists, neither politicians nor prophets....

Our Guru Sahibans, are the embodiment of Wahiguru Akal Purukh Himself, so naturally if ever they can give us anything, it is just Gurparsad, which is only for the purpose of merging our individual identities in Him, that also, to become Him.

Sikhee is no rites nor rules,it is a path of love and devotion, at the lotus Feet of Wahiguru.

And we as seekers of that primal truth, namely Akal Purukh, can not limit it between the parameteres of time and space...

That is why Sree Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, tells us in Raag Suhi that:

ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਨਿ ਸੁਖ ਫਲ ਪਾਇਨਿ ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਆਰਾਧਹਿ

Naam Dhhiaaein Sukh Fal Paaein Aath Pehar Aaraadhhehi

नामु धिआइनि सुख फल पाइनि आठ पहर आराधहि

Those who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtain the fruits of peace.

Twenty-four hours a day, they worship and adore You.

Our relation with Him, can not be confined or limited by time...but rather can only be strenghtened, by dedicating lovingly ourselves twenty four hours to it.

To the world, we sholud give only the minnimum ...... but the rest , the maximmum, should be offered in devotion to His charan kamal, which is Nam Simran.

The Bani, at other place also tells us: Saas saas simroh Gobind.... devotion in this way, as per instructions of Gurmukhs, is a purifier, for all our impurities, and also is a way of expressing our love to Him.

Wahiguru does not want our big big words, nor asks us anything, He wants us to give Him our shortcomings, our dirty and filthy mind, so that in return He blesses us with His unlimited Daya Meher, which in the end, is our only hope and anchor, in this world as well here after...

And the way, to get all this His Daya Meher, is as simple by eating the Gurparasd, which is His Simran. This is true sikhee.

Oouch Apaar Beant Soami, kaun jaane guna tere...

• 3 weeks later...

We have already read and seen what is sikhee and what is it for ....

Sikhee, means siksha, means sikhiya.... which is a practical method of uniting our souls with wahiguru Akal Purukh,

through Nam Simran bhakti.

So the question raised in this thread, as if doing too much of this Bhakti of it was bad?

Well, Sree Guru Amar Das Maharaj, in Raag Basant tells us the secret of our meeting and merging in Satnam:

ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਸਾਚੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਉਚਰੈ

Anadhin Saach Naam Oucharai

अनदिनु साचु नामु उचरै

Night and day, he chants the True Name;

ਇਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਦੁਤਰੁ ਤਰੈ

Ein Bidhh Praanee Dhuthar Tharai

इन बिधि प्राणी दुतरु तरै

In this way, he crosses over the treacherous world-ocean.

He is telling us that all the 24 hours, sing His Glory which is in reality Nam Simran, He does not say in morning do this or that or in the evening or at night do this or that .... no no no...

He is saying: Anadin Saach Nam Oucharai, which means: From morning to night, if any one true thing, true bhakti, true devotion, has to be done, do only Nam Simran.

It is we people who have complicated things in our own way, "in manmat"..... again, there is nothing wrong in following all our rituals, our rites, if only we do not miss from our sight the true sikhiya, the true sikhee, which is Nam Simran alone...

Just as seen above, any true Gurmukh of any time, like Sachay Patshah Sree Guru Amar Das Maharaj, in just 2 lines, He has revealed the secrets of spirituality for us, He stresses on Nam Simran alone, the only permanent and eternal Truth throughout all the ages.

Whether past, present or future....the method of realizing Him, is only one, as He is also only One...

Oouh Apaar Beant Soami.

Edited by harsharan000

Jathedar. It is, when you start ritualising stuff, reading some of these forums and see how narrow minded some people are, you become depressed. I have had it when I was younger. People saying red green is banned in Sikhi, having a wrong image of kaam in your mind (you can't even look at women etc). I was so much into religion that studies didn't mean anything anymore to me, I had a wrong image of religion. Religion should be the moving force in your life but not your life. Once you start seeing the bigger picture (cant explain it), you feel much more at peace.

Your not alone, Jathedar prah

Brother Sikhkhoj,

has pressed the right key notes of religion. It is very much true when he says in his post: that religion should be the moving force in one´s life, not life itself.

That is also a stage, a phase in one´s life.

It is only when you grow and arise in conciousness level through spiritual practices, (and not in theories or in studies, or even if one gets the degree of PDH or masters in philosophy or religion), then one changes one´s point of view, from life moving force, to life itself.

From a seeker, one turns into the Source sought, by merging himself/herself in it. Then only we can say, Wahiguru is my life.

First one did all the necessary research to find one´s way, then with the learnt matter one applied that knowledge to practice, and the result is, that then only, Wahiguru exists and Wahiguru is everything. This is an high avastah, again gained by action not by mere thinking, or reading.

The Bani says: Sochay soch na hovaee, je sochay lakh vaar. Thinking and reading or reciting, come under this statement.

It is only by asociating our minds, our souls with Wahiguru according to Gurmat, that one can get purer as He is, can get a glimpse of His darshan, that then the filth is removed from our minds, and thus see Him everywhere and in everyone.

Then only He is, no haume of mine, my land, my properties, my wealth, my this, my that....... Then only His will, His bhaana exists, and in it, is the welfare of the humanity.

If one relys only on recitations and studies, or rituals and rites, then one surely is prey to become a violent fanatic.... the changes for good can only happen, can only take place,can only occurr, by attaching ourselves to that Source of Goodness, which is Wahiguru, the fountain of infinite virtues, and not just by belonging to a particular country, race, caste, creed or community, but by a practical approach, rather than an intelectual approach.

The Bani, in each Ang advises us to do so, but alas, we have modified, manipulated and adulterated sikhee with so many other things.... when our Guru Sahibans, stressed only on three things: Wahiguru Akal Purukh, Nam or Shabad and Sadh kee sangat.

Sadh kee sangat, because in their company we stones, are carried across the mahabhavsagar; Nam or Shabad, because by holding on to it, we reach our Nijh Ghar, and Wahiguru alone, because He is our goal, our truely heavenly Father, and unless we return and merge in Him, we can never get out of Maya, karmas, and the cycle of births and deaths.

Dear all, may Wahiguru bless each and everyone of us with His grace, so that we may learn to love Him, not as we want, but as He wants, through Gurmat.

Edited by harsharan000

• 1 year later...

The problem is people see religion/spirituality as concept, idea, ideology, extrovert - idea to worth live, spread and die for externally but hardly anyone looks like religion/spirituality in relations to one's own experience, deep spiritual- one deeper spiritual intimate experience.

According to my research on sikh gurbani theology-gnosis, sikhi itself is religious-spiritual movement not cultural-religious movement. In religious-spiritual - its deeply everything is introvert, its water flow, its flow, things are lucid but have flow, its not rigid, everything has context, stage, there is growth, there is transcendence, there is state of evolution, there is spiritual evolution-development where as religion provides base framework intially to help seeker grow and connect more to its own spirit than looking outside- helding sikhi as an idea or concept

But unfortunately, many have made beautiful sikhi path into cultural-religious movement which is all conceptual, intellectual and follow, static (water which is not flowing prones to contamination), has rigid,(no room other interpertation or contextualization of absolute, relative), superficial interpretation and we all sort of going towards herd mentality taking everything gyani is saying as gospel truth with no analysis or contexualization, independent thinking.

Look deeply in gurbani, there is transcendence updesh literally everywhere in gurbani. I am so suprised despite of transcendence updesh of gurbani literally under our noses how we as collective consciousness/community are missing it. Look at anand karaj- transcendence updesh in stages in relation to one own expereince in life, look at shariat, tariqat, marfat, hakikat updesh in gurbani posted earlier- again transcendence updesh in stages in relation to one own expereince in life, look at khands in gurbani- again transcendence updesh in stages in relation to one own experience in life.