Tribal Identity And Sikhi

JungChamkaur

Dal Singh you're not good at insults I'm in the Rex. The year I was born, the two warring sides dropped 13 bodies in one summer.

Screw you and your pussy crew.

That you would put something like that on the Internet shows what a dumb jat fudu you really are.

You wouldn't last a month here; not least of all because the police would have got a slow fudu like you in no time.

Edited by dalsingh101

No need for name calling.

What with 'jat fudu'?

I wouldn't call that name calling; it's more like a statement of fact.

But on the serious. That we have retarded fantasists like that around says a lot about our communities problems.

I think the brother genuinely has mental health issues.

Oye! Numbskull - go sign up for a college course or something. Wudda gangster....

Edited by dalsingh101

Go see that, and all you saying maharaj practiced this or that see what actually went on.

So yes, a man married out of tribe a woman didn't. However any sikh would obviously not refuse any of the gurus or vice versa.

Was wrong there,

As for Toronto and mama boy. I been in a few years, and my 4 year probation bs ends this may.

Brampton may be soft, Toronto no. Just because over here the sullay and kalay are scared of us, it doesn't make anyone soft.

A lion doesn't change species by crossing the sea, only loses caste if he a hindu. :P

There is mixing because people don't know. It's the opposite here, whereas a decade ago you started seeing some mixing now it's full opposite.

Canada is soft right? Where did Babbar Khalsa start. Check mate, peace. Go read that Prem Sumarag the author envisioned something, ok many others don't. They are all equals, don't worry about the authors opinion.

I'm surprised you would use it only to have someone on the forum post something which refutes everything. Be proud of who you are, as in don't be ashamed.

Don't put a fake name, because the sandhus are still sitting there. ;)

The panth isn't going to adopt a monogamous inter mixed posture it was tried from the 80s and failed.

Lot of Singhs wrote muslim on papers to marry more than once. Heretics came before, O well.

As for Mr. Singh so you can decide over pita ji what is authentic. Ok,...

Lost cause.

Edit it's true though, the amli jatts singing about alcohol don't add goat.

Dal Singh you're not good at insults I'm in the Rex. The year I was born, the two warring sides dropped 13 bodies in one summer.

The warring complexes had less than 12,000 people. I have 2 straps and a vest next to my bed side.

Go troll someone who cares, about momma boy. Aren't you like five foot 0? And what hard kharkoo look, my mom's friend's husband helped me the that.

I can't tie that sh**t lol.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ | |

shut the hell up you stupid wanna be. Im born in rexdale and currently living in brampton your nothing but talk. Babbar khalsa started in punjab by SUKHDEV SINGH BABBAR he took inspiration from the babbar akalis during british raj. Its idiots like you who make khalistan look bad......internet gangster at its finest.......

Edited by aksantali

I think gurus gave their ancestry so people wouldn't try create doubt about them and bani by writing out nonsense, had the gurus not written their ancestry brahmins could have said guru nanak was a brahmin and he taught brahmin mat, many illiterate sikhs would adopt brahminism or people might say they were of low caste and people might in a sense of overwhelming pride not feel courage in such a lower spirtual state to bow and follow such a guru, it shouldn't matter but for some in a primal spirtual state it matters.

We have people saying the gurus were muslims, some have written stuff about guru nanak converting his family to islam his wife being muslim, his sister being muslim etc. and we have the source ourselves to disprove it we have the janamsakhis and dasam granth to counter act that and ask the proof of those claims for which none exists. Our gurus taught many things we question but I feel the gurus in trying to create begumpura tried to destroy the caste system and allow others to marry.

Maharaja Ranjit Singh was open to the concept of marrying out of castes, some sikhs have married out of castes and it will carry on. As for the gurus carrying about legacy if caste, ancestry was so important, guru nanak would have given gurgaddi to his sons and guru gobind singh would have not let his sons be shaheed and allowed other sikhs to have instead.

Class and caste are different things but do meet sometimes, caste determines your occupation and respect in accordance to what your ancestors where. I don't think a doctors son should be a doctor he should study to be one and if he fails better then him killing patients. In India a hakeem-veds son is a hakeem-ved and you can see how silly some of the things hakeems say are even in accordance to hakeem-mat the knowledge of those herbal doctors is ruined by those who don't understand it. Additionally had the caste system remained intact mughal rule would have never ended one up the mughals had was how their casteless system allowed the best minds to thrive in a capitalistic way to provide better technology, information, architecture, academia. The shackles of the caste system only bind people downwards.

Edited by JatherdarSahib

Ultimately, the only thing more fudu than the idea that one's ancestors occupation or role is some perpetually defining characteristic of a human - is the notion that it was God's plan to structure society in some rigid occupation-based hierarchy for eternity.

Clearly caste or varna is only a reflection of Indic society at a certain point in time, where those in power attempted to preserve their privilege and advantages in a very devious way.

The truth is that as humans (whose descendants possibly stumbled out of Africa at some point), our ancestors have probably done every conceivable thing to survive at some point or another, over the thousands of centuries (maybe even including cannibalism!). Most of us don't do the job our grandparents do, in time our own descendants are likely to be doing things markedly different to that which we do.

This notion of 'racial' or 'tribal' purity is also bullshit; the preserve of the Hitlers amongst us. This type of thinking only EVER ends up with hate and division, and we need to combat that amongst ourselves as Sikhs. Look at those 'Aryan Nazis' in the US as examples of the depths that such thinking drags people to.

Sikhi is clear: It's our actions that exalt and define us, not all this other crap.

It's sad when people bring their petty, tribal, backward thinking into Sikhi and corrupt Sikh society which should embody the egalitarianism of our founding Gurus.

All I know is our ancestors lived a humiliating existence before they became Sikhs. This fact was confirmed by none other than Sher who unwittingly made a quote about how people of India lived under Islamic rule. Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Jee who blessed us with Sikhi and took us out of slavery!

Jonny, you do know that your wrong right? There was sporadic, yet unending resistance throughout the country. Have you ever heard of Dhulla Bhatti? He was Muslim... many of Maharana Partap's soldiers were also Muslim. Tipu Sultan was also Muslim. Anakh never died in India. There were Anakhi people in Punjab before too. I dont know about your ancestors, but my ancestors were definitely fighting before Sikhi.

I dont know about your ancestors, but my ancestors were definitely fighting before Sikhi.

How do you know? Did you jump into your time traveling machine and ask them?

Jonny, you do know that your wrong right? There was sporadic, yet unending resistance throughout the country. Have you ever heard of Dhulla Bhatti? He was Muslim... many of Maharana Partap's soldiers were also Muslim. Tipu Sultan was also Muslim. Anakh never died in India. There were Anakhi people in Punjab before too. I dont know about your ancestors, but my ancestors were definitely fighting before Sikhi.

I'm talking about my ancestors who were Punjabi Hindus. Are you from Rajasthan or Maharasthra? Punjabi Hindus after the fall of the Shahis lived the most humiliating existence in punjab while Hindus in other parts of India still fought with Muslims.

Edited by Jonny101

Is the movie any good?

From what I hear and see they do make subtle references to 1984. Other than that Sunny Deol is one of those 'had it' guys who still manage to pull quick, sharp surprises from their sleeves. The film is good up to a certain extent. Other than that it's the usual Indian failure. Skirts, shampoos, shoes, stars and a villain who loves his repetitions. Other than that Deol does shine, the action is believable, he does blow his lungs out shouting but in the end to be honest the film has extra bits which let it down extensively. They did make back their budget apparently, but the distributors suffered heavy losses. Sunny Deol's fan base in North India, the USA and Canada saved it from turning it into a critical disaster like his terrible run in 2006.

I would personally give it 4 stars. Three because you can see Sunny Deol makes an effort, and one for mentioning my bakra. To be honest Sonu Nigam is a terrible singer.

Edited by Amarjeet Singh_1737

GKaur whats this? People like you will be ready to delete or 'edit' Banis which mention caste names. Looks like you got more knowledge than Bhatts who said Amar Das Bhalla in Gurbani and Bhagat Ravidas who said Ravidas Chamar :)

Ever heard of the confusion regarding Mani Singh? Because 4 Mani Singhs lived around the same time we can't differentiate history. Besides that even countries have banned using Singh as family name (Canada comes to mind) because it is bound to cause confusion.

If Gurus wanted to eradicate gotras they would've never mentioned it in Gurbani, especially referring to people by their gotra.

I didn't say we should delete or edit any Bani.

We are not the Gurus and can not be compared to them.

My opinion is still the same regarding not using your gotra?pind as surname.

What I want to know is why so many apnay feel perfectly okay with rampant discrimination in our society. How comes they don't feel ashamed?

Citing a few people who may, in the case of Dullah Bhatti may not even have existed does not prove the existence of a resistance movement against the foreign rules of the Muslims. Prior to Guru Hargobind Sahib where was the active resistance? There is no William Wallace type figure in the history of Punjab before Sikhism. Where is the Hindu Jat warriors outside of the Khalsa who created their own rule in Punjab especially given the turmoil that existed in Punjab in the 18th century. The Hindus in the hills still maintained their independence from the Muslims yet why was there no reconquesta of the Punjab plains such as that happened in Spain?

What I want to know is why so many apnay feel perfectly okay with rampant discrimination in our society. How comes they don't feel ashamed?

Too many hypocrites these day! People saying one thing and doing something else! People not practicing what they preach!

When I go back to the pind in Punjab and ask my family members why they are into caste, why they only want to marry into their caste I get answers like "Sikhi believes in caste, we are all born into different castes and should marry into our own castes only". I've given up discussing with these people.

I can understand that illiterate people in India who don't know better and have been into this caste b******* all their lives won't change or listen to you, even if you tell them they are wrong. But what I don't understand is how educated people born and raised in the West are still into it?!

One thing I'd like to know is, why people say they don't want to marry people from other castes because they are different and they do things differently. I know Punjabis from all sorts of different caste backgrounds and I don't see any difference in their mentality and way to to do things. Yes every punjabi family make their turka different, some put a lot of onions and garlic in others don't, you can't say that people from caste a do things this way and people from caste b do things another way. I don't see any difference in how Punjabis do things and their mentality. Can someone shed some light on this?

Because it's how they have been brought up so why waste your time with them? Focus on the people who are more open.

When I go back to the pind in Punjab and ask my family members why they are into caste, why they only want to marry into their caste I get answers like "Sikhi believes in caste, we are all born into different castes and should marry into our own castes only". I've given up discussing with these people.

I can understand that illiterate people in India who don't know better and have been into this caste b******* all their lives won't change or listen to you, even if you tell them they are wrong. But what I don't understand is how educated people born and raised in the West are still into it?!

Maybe it's your perception of caste that may be wrong. I would suggest (if you haven't already) research what Gurbani says about caste.

GKaur, Bhatts were Sikhs still they referred to Gurus with their caste, does that make them unSikh? Remember 'betha sodhi patshah' from Vaaran?

Again tell your relatives to not believe one caste is higher/lower than another, not that people should stop using their family names. I do agree with you that we should strive to intermarry in castes but also races (as long as its not inter faith). How many cases haven't I heard of where the non Sikh partner were ready to convert but the parents wouldn't accept simply because they're not Punjabi...

Because it's how they have been brought up so why waste your time with them? Focus on the people who are more open.

Maybe it's your perception of caste that may be wrong. I would suggest (if you haven't already) research what Gurbani says about caste.

What do you think my perception of caste is?