What Do You Guys Do To Keep Yourself Healthy ?

Ragmaala

Good and valid points made by Lucky Jee above.

As the latiin saying goes: "mens sana in corpore sano" Which means, the body is healthy if the mind is healthy.

Healthy mind, also means, a mind which is balanced, bright and pure. Because only when the mind is balanced and bright can one walk and do the right things, and with a pure mind, we can become spotless enough, to merge in Him.

In the end, this love and devotion for Wahiguru is the key for our well being and true happiness.

Sat Sree Akal.

Eat low carb diet.

Exercise using body as weight, as well as some weights. Cardio.

Meditation to relieve stress and rest mind.

I also try and exercise my mind by learning new stuff regularly (maths and science).

Just to mention guys.....You know that you can bring in the elements of sports to help with meditation and mind control ??

It's specific sports where you are actually needing a SINGLE-MIND FOCUS.

Let's say something simple like shooting basketball hoops------>>>>Here what you do in effect is,...keep your complete dhian of mind on the single hoop...goal is to get the ball in the basket.......at the moment you come close to taking the shot--->>>.you disconnect from all the distractions around you.---->>>in those moments, your mind is in a single focus meditative state !!

Another, very important one is 'shooting' or target practice.

I realized from watching the American Sniper movie of how he describes the "shot" in the movie.

He says that you take the aim-->complete focus on target---->>even having to remove distractions of what kind of person target is

----> then, to get ready

---->>be VERY STILL and STEADY....having dhian of only the target at the forefront and disconnecting everything else.

---->>>HOLD the BREATH

----->and BANG, pull the trigger !

It made me realize the importance of the precision and mind control involved for a sniper.

A good sniper would be good at meditation and in US sniper training, many of them attend yoga/meditation classes in order to get the Mind aspects under control........Can you imagine these big hard-knock, tattooed dudes in green combats doing yoga?...lol.. :D

Guru Gobind Singh ji and singhs of the time were excellent with skills like archery and shooting arrows with precision.

We should understand how mind meditation complements this skill.

Edited by Lucky

Wow! Great efforts!

Feeling little embarrased.LOL.I'm doing NOTHING almost nothing to stay healthy.

Hope ur posts help me by providing me an inspiration.

Gur fateh!

Say no to parathas and other unhealthy food. I eat really healthy (not a veg).

I go to gym regularly and have recently started calisthenics (pushups, pullups and squats, ie only bodyweight exercises).

I feel that keeping your body fit is a big part of Sikhi thats neglected, most of our Gurus devoted alot of time to physical well being by building wrestling arenas and organising weightlifting championships, fights (boxing, etc).

I feel that keeping your body fit is a big part of Sikhi thats neglected, most of our Gurus devoted alot of time to physical well being by building wrestling arenas and organising weightlifting championships, fights (boxing, etc).

Our community neglects this... They say what's the point if getting a nice body... The nice body won't help you in a fight so learn Gatka instead... Firstly gurus all exercised and kept fit.. Secondly Gatka is total crap...