Women and Turban = No.

Kaalka

1 hour ago, Koi said:

Get the hell off this forum you sick twisted inbred retard!!!! We don't need more narrow minded twats like you!!!! You wanna look down on your sisters, your damn choice. But don't you dare spew your poisonous dim-witted filthy bull crap and expect the rest of us to follow suit!!!

true that! 

12 hours ago, paapiman said:

According to Gurmat:

• Piercing of any body parts is not allowed
  • Wearing of Gold ornaments is forbidden
  • Beards must not be tied

Bro that's not the case.

ਸੁੰਦਰ ਕੁੰਡਲ ਮੁਕਟ ਬੈਨ ॥
His ear-rings, crown and flute are so beautiful.

"Piercing of any body parts is not allowed"
Guru Arjan Dev ji describes God with beautiful ear-rings.

"Wearing of Gold ornaments is forbidden"
Guru Arjan Dev ji describes God with a gold crown.

Guru Sahib says -
ਬਨਮਾਲਾ ਬਿਭੂਖਨ ਕਮਲ ਨੈਨ ॥
He is adorned with garlands of flowers, jewelry and his eyes are lotus-like.
ਸੁੰਦਰ ਕੁੰਡਲ ਮੁਕਟ ਬੈਨ ॥
ਸੰਖ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਗਦਾ ਹੈ ਧਾਰੀ ਮਹਾ ਸਾਰਥੀ ਸਤਸੰਗਾ ॥੧੦॥
He carries the conch, the chakra and the war club; He is the Great Charioteer, who stays with His Saints. ||10||

The image of God that Guru Arjun Dev ji paints there pretty much violates all your made-up rules.

Hari Singh ji Nalwa wore ear-rings. This is not anomally. This is seen in most of Hari Singh Nalwa's puratan paintings of his time. And in most paintings of Singhs during this time.

Does he look like a slave to you?

general.jpg
Painted in the 1800s.

@Rock..Bruv are you serious..ive been in situations where i had to go and deal with a situation where an amritdhari womens turban had been knocked off  her head by sulleh, so i wouldn't start a topic that women should not wear turbans and that under a 'made up' account.

I don't agree with this kalkaa but if i wanted to say what he did i would do it under samurai...

Im not really bothered what you think of me or if you think ive made another account but, when you were 'thinking' with that pea brain you should have just requested admin to do an ip address check.... you think they don't know how many accounts get registered under one person..?? they picked out sikh khoj you think they couldnt do the same here..fix up man..

14 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

Bro that's not the case.

ਸੁੰਦਰ ਕੁੰਡਲ ਮੁਕਟ ਬੈਨ ॥

"Piercing of any body parts is not allowed"
Guru Arjan Dev ji describes God with beautiful ear-rings.

"Wearing of Gold ornaments is forbidden"
Guru Arjan Dev ji describes God with a gold crown.

Guru Sahib says -
ਬਨਮਾਲਾ ਬਿਭੂਖਨ ਕਮਲ ਨੈਨ ॥
He is adorned with garlands of flowers, jewelry and his eyes are lotus-like.
ਸੁੰਦਰ ਕੁੰਡਲ ਮੁਕਟ ਬੈਨ ॥
ਸੰਖ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਗਦਾ ਹੈ ਧਾਰੀ ਮਹਾ ਸਾਰਥੀ ਸਤਸੰਗਾ ॥੧੦॥
He carries the conch, the chakra and the war club; He is the Great Charioteer, who stays with His Saints. ||10||

The image of God that Guru Arjun Dev ji paints there pretty much violates all your made-up rules.

Bro, Gurparssad, will make another topic on body piercings.

Bhul chuk maaf

15 hours ago, Rock said:

@CdnSikhGirl  I don't think kaalka is Chatanga.  Chatanga likes to pull your leg but he is not disrespectful.   I think he is samurai who started a similar backlash in another thread. or maybe crystal.

Bro, IMHO, Kaalka is neither Chatanga paaji nor Samurai paaji nor Crystal jee. 

Bhul chuk maaf

15 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

Hari Singh ji Nalwa wore ear-rings. This is not anomally. This is seen in most of Hari Singh Nalwa's puratan paintings of his time. And in most paintings of Singhs during this time.

Does he look like a slave to you?

general.jpg
Painted in the 1800s.

Earrings can be made to fasten other ways than piercing. I do remember seeing where the piercing thing came from but can't remember right now.  But I think the rest of jewelry is just that some people extrapolated from Gurbani where it says that naam is our jewelry.  Obviously it's metaphor... Speaking to us that if we overindulge in these worldly things why can't we indulge in the spiritual things. So the metaphor (how I see it) is dress yourself up in your spirituality. But it's not saying don't wear jewelry ... And I don't think it means that at all.  Also the other tuk was saying to treat gold and iron the same (if I remember correctly). So it's not saying don't wear it but it is saying don't treat it as a status symbol.  Anyway that's how I take them to mean. But it's easy to see how some take them to the literal culmination and don't wear gold or jewelry at all. So I understand where it comes from.  I do wear some jewelry but not piercings. And that is perfectly within Rehet Maryada. I don't wear earrings though as I just don't think they look good with turban.  It comes off as two things which are seemingly polar opposites too close together... Spiritual (turban) too close to earrings (worldly). But it could just be me.

22 hours ago, Guest said:

Dastaar binaa nahee rehnaa|
Never be without the turban, wear it always. ________ Here is instruction for ALL. Never be without the turban!!!!

IMHO, the above only applies to Sikh males, not to females.

For example, if there was an injunction which said that Sikhs must breast feed their children. It is common sense that it does not apply to Sikh males.

Bhul chuk maaf

27 minutes ago, paapiman said:

IMHO, the above only applies to Sikh males, not to females.

For example, if there was an injunction which said that Sikhs must breast feed their children. It is common sense that it does not apply to Sikh males.

Bhul chuk maaf

@paapiman hopefully you can see this. Unlike breastfeeding which involves biology, tying s turban does not require any specific biology so therefore you can not simply say common sense says its for males only. And it does not specify only males do this. It says simply never be without a turban, tie one always. Since women too can tie one (where men can not breastfeed) then you simply can not say it was meant for only men using that as a comparison. 

Do you disagree with taksal and Nihang Maryadas which both say women as well as men are required to tie one? And also Rhetnama of Bhai Daya Singh Ji? I thought you followed Taksal Maryada to the letter?

Women must not plait their hair and should keep their hair tied in a bun/top-knot, in order to respect your Kesh a small  turban  should be tied. Keski is not a kakkar (one of the five K’s).

Guest guest
On 23 March 2016 at 3:56 PM, chatanga1 said:

@GurpreetKaur
There is a line in Slok Mahala 9 that says "look on iron and gold as alike", meaning gold is nothing special.

Hi im not sure here but from what I recall its not an instruction he gives, rather he's talks about the state of an enlightened person, that they look at dirt and riches as alike (is iron mentioned?), as pleasure and pain as alike, etc this is called 'samadrishti'.  maybe you were referring to something else though.

On 3/22/2016 at 3:02 PM, kdsingh80 said:

They believed that Turban was mainly for men as apart from few warrior singhnee's hardly any other sikh women wore it,they also believed that Guru's made dastaar compulsary for men not women so there must be reason.This is all I was told and it was word of mouth so it could be wrong but one thing was clear that some sampradaye's did not like women dressing like men

Please do provide more info bro, if you find any.

Also, who was the head of Sevapanthi samprada at that time? Was it Srimaan Baba Uttam Singh jee?

Bhul chuk maaf

Guest guestt
On 22 March 2016 at 11:13 AM, Guest said:

No doubt. Some sampardas (still) view women as being inferior due to periods and other reasons think it blasphmous if a woman tried to be in image of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Having periods (dirty) and being physically weaker is because they are being punished for past karma. That is why they are also dead set against women in the punj pyaras. It has nothing to do with no woman giving her head that day as suggested by some. It has to do with women being spiritually inferior to men. Thats the only reason it is seen as a sin for them to tie a turban. (Otherwise its just a piece of fabric worn to cover and protect the keshas.) Because its seen as a woman trying to usurp a higher spiritual position than she is, and not accepting her punishment. Women need to wait until they do enough bhagti and be reborn in a male joon to do religious things. Otherwise, they should focus on serving their husband and raising children only. They should remain quiet, and not try to pretend to be men (pretending to be higher spiritually than they are) and just accept they are here under punishment in this joon.

???

which samprada is that?

@paapiman veerji you were asked by two people now, guest ji earlier and Cdnsikhgirl about Taksal maryada stating that turban is for both male and female. From reading your posts on here you seem to be very very pro taksal. So how can you then say women should go against taksal maryada when it comes to turbans?  I am eagre to see your answer brother.

For the respect of your hair, two turbans are to be tied, tying each layer one at a time.  There should be a small turban tied underneath and a larger one tied above this. Women must not plait their hair and should keep their hair tied in a bun/top-knot, in order to respect your Kesh a small turban should be tied. Keski is not a kakkar (one of the five K’s).

This is straight from the Taksal maryada. It's very obvious that the first part is directed at men, and the second at women.  For men, it says two turbans are to be tied, with a small turban under a larger one. For women it says a small turban should be tied. So you can see it is not referring to men when it says a small turban should be tied.  

For someone who passes themselves off as a serious follower of taksal, I am very surprised that you would tell women it is not a requirement for them! 

2 hours ago, paapiman said:

Please do provide more info bro, if you find any.

Also, who was the head of Sevapanthi samprada at that time? Was it Srimaan Baba Uttam Singh jee?

Bhul chuk maaf

I heard the name of Pandit Nischal Singh

https://www.thesikhencyclopedia.com/biographies/sikh-mystics-and-traditional-scholars/nishchal-singh-pandit-sant

As I said this is word of mouth and it was long time back, I will need to ask some elder in my family regarding this

23 hours ago, Rock said:

@CdnSikhGirl  I don't think kaalka is Chatanga.  Chatanga likes to pull your leg but he is not disrespectful.   I think he is samurai who started a similar backlash in another thread. or maybe crystal.

No it's not me and anyone who would think that doesn't know me. I would never need to hide behind any other identity. My feelings about my dearest satkiran are clear.

On March 21, 2016 at 5:46 PM, GurpreetKaur said:

cook, clean, work, give birth to kids, raise them, after marriage look after husband like a baby ( since men cant look after themselves), build men's ego by giving them fake compliments and many more things. 

@chatanga1

^this.

On 22 March 2016 at 0:13 PM, Guest said:

No doubt. Some sampardas (still) view women as being inferior due to periods and other reasons think it blasphmous if a woman tried to be in image of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Having periods (dirty) and being physically weaker is because they are being punished for past karma. That is why they are also dead set against women in the punj pyaras. It has nothing to do with no woman giving her head that day as suggested by some. It has to do with women being spiritually inferior to men. Thats the only reason it is seen as a sin for them to tie a turban. (Otherwise its just a piece of fabric worn to cover and protect the keshas.) Because its seen as a woman trying to usurp a higher spiritual position than she is, and not accepting her punishment. Women need to wait until they do enough bhagti and be reborn in a male joon to do religious things. Otherwise, they should focus on serving their husband and raising children only. They should remain quiet, and not try to pretend to be men (pretending to be higher spiritually than they are) and just accept they are here under punishment in this joon.

The above is NOT my thinking. This is how many Singhs unfortunately view women. And it's sad. Our Gurus did not teach this. This is pure Brahaministical thinking only. And its well known Brahministical thinking crept into Sikhi while Wikhs were forced into hiding in the woods and holy places occupied. We lost so much.

No doubt, majority of the  sampardas are still living in the dark ages in the gutters. They can pretend to be the most enlightened people in the world but their gutter mentality shows otherwise. If they think a dead drunk paralytic man with a turban on his head will do the Guru proud, one can imagine what stage of spiritual evolution they have reached.  God will welcome a menstruating woman to resemble Him any day than a drunken, drug dependant\user turbaned silly old git.  They are too thick to grasp the fact that it is due to a woman's menstruation cycle God is able to reincarnate souls that are waiting to be born so they can progress in their spiritual peregrination.  There is nothing dirty about menstruation, but there is everything dirty and filthy about their gutter thinking.  The idea that women are a weaker sex than men is another myth occupying the male psyche. Women are far more stronger because of the simple fact that they are the only ones that can carry a foetus in their bodies for 36 -40 weeks and endure childbirth pains which can sometimes last for three days. This feat requires a great deal of physical and mental strength, no man, whether turbaned or not will ever have the strength both mental or physical to withstand this excruciating experience.  Spiritual superiority is not gender\sex based.  If the Sampardas think it is, then this is a further proof of their spiritual lacking. Women are not inferior to men, spiritually.  Women tie turbans on their heads same as the men, and not on their assholes!  The head is the abode of God in a human body, whether male or female.  The rest of your post, in fact,only belongs to the gutters and not worth wasting time on. 

1 hour ago, delibeli said:

No doubt, majority of the  sampardas are still living in the dark ages in the gutters. They can pretend to be the most enlightened people in the world but their gutter mentality shows otherwise. If they think a dead drunk paralytic man with a turban on his head will do the Guru proud, one can imagine what stage of spiritual evolution they have reached.  God will welcome a menstruating woman to resemble Him any day than a drunken, drug dependant\user turbaned silly old git.  They are too thick to grasp the fact that it is due to a woman's menstruation cycle God is able to reincarnate souls that are waiting to be born so they can progress in their spiritual peregrination.  There is nothing dirty about menstruation, but there is everything dirty and filthy about their gutter thinking.  The idea that women are a weaker sex than men is another myth occupying the male psyche. Women are far more stronger because of the simple fact that they are the only ones that can carry a foetus in their bodies for 36 -40 weeks and endure childbirth pains which can sometimes last for three days. This feat requires a great deal of physical and mental strength, no man, whether turbaned or not will ever have the strength both mental or physical to withstand this excruciating experience.  Spiritual superiority is not gender\sex based.  If the Sampardas think it is, then this is a further proof of their spiritual lacking. Women are not inferior to men, spiritually.  Women tie turbans on their heads same as the men, and not on their assholes!  The head is the abode of God in a human body, whether male or female.  The rest of your post, in fact,only belongs to the gutters and not worth wasting time on. 

Ignorance breeds 'gutter thinking."

Chatanga she was only referencing the joke post that Gurpreet Kaur posted and not meaning any harm nor trying to say that Gurpreet Kaur actually meant those words. In fact it was kind of obvious it was a sarcastic comment on both fronts aimed at male ego thinking about women's place. Stop trying to look for bad where this none.