Cricket

sevak

29 minutes ago, PCSJZ said:

Yes massive fan here too. Always been an India fan and massive Tendulkar fan back in the day. Mid 90’s there was no other sight like watching him bat and the crowd going berserk!

Javagul SriNath. 
Ventakesh Parsad

Navjot Sidhu

Mohammad Azrudin great captain

Everyone made fun of a pakistani fielder. They called him fat potato in Toronto.

23 minutes ago, sevak said:

Javagul SriNath. 
Ventakesh Parsad

Navjot Sidhu

Mohammad Azrudin great captain

Everyone made fun of a pakistani fielder. They called him fat potato in Toronto.

Yea that was Inzamam Ul Haq. Great batsman, not so great fielder. I think there is a clip on youtube where he goes into the crowd with his bat to hit a fan as he kept calling him a potato!

18 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

A big cricket fan. Recent series between India vs England was great . Unfortunately it is still pending due to covid

I dont play or watch Cricket anymore. I use to from ‘95-‘99 - that was my cricketing career. Body is old now to play. I had mastered the art of fast bowling. In-swing / Out - swing. Swing in mid-air.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Millions of dollars are flowing into US cricket. But is there a market for the sport?

America is the largest sports market in the world. But can cricket really establish a foothold where others have failed?

World Cup winner Liam Plunkett is one of 30 professionals who will bring their experience to cricket in the USWorld Cup winner Liam Plunkett is one of 30 professionals who will bring their experience to cricket in the US. Photograph: Jordan Mansfield/Getty Images for Surrey CCC

Mon 23 May 2022 10.00 BST
  •  
  •  
  •  

Whenever the subject of cricket in the United States comes up, the same old questions are asked.

From the unlikely scenario of American kids swapping their NFL football for a cricket bat, to quizzical looks about the financial viability of the game in North America, skeptical eyebrows are usually raised.

Granted, there have been enough false dawns over the years to deflate even the most fervent of Stateside cricket followers – yes, they do exist – yet with the advent of Major League Cricket (MLC) in 2023, this time could well be different.

So different, in fact, that MLC is set to receive further investment of $120m put together by a wide range of investors. To add to that, the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), one of the most successful and valuable Indian Premier League (IPL) franchises, are also plowing their money and reputation into the Twenty20 competition by taking control of a team in Los Angeles.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/may/23/millions-of-dollars-are-flowing-into-us-cricket-but-is-there-a-market-for-the-sport

• 2 weeks later...