Gurus teaching to balance between wife and parents

Don't know the gurbani tuks but every religion teaches to treat parents like God and this is applicable to both you and your wife. Do you respect her parents and compromise in some situations? If yes, then she should do the same. If no, then you should set the example first for her to follow later. 

Apologies for not adding any gurbani, but couldn't resist replying to this question ! 

3 hours ago, Kaur10 said:

but every religion teaches to treat parents like God

That seems a bit generalised.........

So you've studied all religions and know this do you? 

5 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

This is my own personal opinion, but I hold hard to it. I have enough life experience now to feel it is solid.

Every proper man should be able to tell his wife, mother, father, in-laws etc. to f**k off (not necessarily literally) if it is required. 

This is more so the case when we have so many demented apneean, who get into a position of power over some daughter-in-law and proceeds to treat her like shyte - and that too with relish (they actually enjoy it). I think this is actually some sort of mental illness that is common amongst apnay. Those guys who turn around and say: "Well this is just standard Panjabi MIL behaviour." are probably also lacking in the brain department too. 

As a bloke I have no respect for momma's boys when the mom is some unnecessarily overbearing c**t. And then the pu55y son proceeds to turn a blind eye to all his buddree's kartootan. But then again, if she is like that, the chances are she would of cowed down and beat any spirit  out of the son a long time ago in any case (probably in childhood). 

Possibly literally. 

6 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

That seems a bit generalised.........

So you've studied all religions and know this do you? 

Think about what this implies. Ignore that 1 to 3 percent are psycho, even just focusing on the fact that 1 in 6 has npd, that some parents rape and exploit and destroy children....resulting in the narcissists. And just obey them. That's the sure sign of a narcissist influence in the doctrine. Gurbani presents a much more balanced, realistic, fair perspective. 

Just npd alone let's do the math...you have 2 one in 6 chances you have an npd parent...

So you have a 33.3 percent chance of having an npd parent. Ignoring all other disorders. You have a one is 36 chance they're both a narcissist. 

Entry level we're saying a third or more of you should just take the abuse. 

Ehh. Negative. Not gonna play out. 

And if you add narcicisstic..which is worse really because they could do better unlike the diagnosed...

You double the above odds to 66.6. So basically saying obey your parents like God is absolutely grooming everyone for opression. Respect? Collaborate? Love? And watch the admin cut out for? Sure. It's not birth slavery. 

Warning of what can happen in an extreme case, if you're too much of a momma's boy:

11 hours ago, Kaur10 said:

Before she passed, she admitted proudly in front of my husband,' ਅਸੀਂ ਤਾਂ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਬਹੁਤ ਦੁੱਖੀ ਕੀਤਾ।'

What did your husband say to you about this? 

On 5/6/2023 at 8:33 PM, Sarhali said:

Can some one please tell me what is said in Guru Granth Sahib to keep a balance between one’s wife/husband and parents?

please only quote from Guru Granth Sahib.

I am no expert, but cannot recall seeing any Gurbani which makes a comparison between parents and spouse directly or talks directly about the relationship between in-laws vs spouse