Y sikhs take amrit den break it?

i no so many sikhs dat av taken amrit den break it.

y?

do dey nt no dat dis is wat our guru made?

do dey nt no dat breakin dis will result in da ultimate punishment?

do dey nt no dat amrit is a very n i mean VERY important issue?

ppl wna take amrit n dey do bt dey js rush in2 it......y cnt dey practice for a year n den c if dey can hack it.das wt im doin.dey dnt realise da circumstances involvd if broken.

sikhs need to read up on their history becoz dat is 1 main fing dat us sikhs lack......KNOWLEDGE.

yet we go head n do fings den break it or show off by it.

WAKE UP SIKHS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it really pi**es me off.

Cos keeping vows and promises is often easier said than done.

Its easy to say "I will not cut my hair" with out realising the consequences of ur actions i.e. u may not be as popular with the ladies as ur shaven contemporaies - some ppl could handle that and some cant.

and as with all such vows when one part is broken the stigma is gone and the others get broken to.

Keeping ur Amrit is very hard to do and shouldnt be taken lightly.

But nowadays there is to much emphasis on looking the part rather than being the part

Amrit cant be broken.. if its broken then you didnt really took amrit according to ur will..

how can amrit be broken when it suppose to purify ur khanda khoon with amrit????????

i think people who take amrit by peer pressure or rush in early..are the ones who break the amrit...

orginally if you are takin amrit... you are losin ur head ..givin ur head to guru ji .. vahegurooo :D

Amrit is just an "enrollment" in the school.. then you have classes 10, 11, 12 , diploma in sikhi, degree in sikhi, masters in sikhi and final one phd in sikhi...this is when you merge with vahegurooo....

but i gotta agree.. just enrolling in the school its a big commitment....its about praticing it... you have no idea... when you take amrit .. it just purifies ur blood with amrit(thats what it suppose to do) ... anand hii anand.. . vahegurooo..

lol

how can u 'break' amrit?? pls tell me?? if u do a kreht does the amrit leave ur body??? once u take amrt u take it, u can not have ur reht, but u still have got amrit :twisted:

or is this too much of radical thinking??

wjkk,wjkf

its about guru jis bakshish;

i can't stress enough how important it is to have piaar for sikhi;

there are so many unneccassary divisions within sikhi; we end up battling with the ppl who we should be standing with, shoulder to shoulder; about the correct rehat. :cry:

our relationship with our guru is a personnal one, in which no other can take affair in.

i took amrit a few yrs ago; & only decided to do so only the nite b4... sumthin clicked & made sense to me... i know for a fact that i have made many mistakes & probably have not even lived one day doing everything correctly thus personifying sikhi. but how many among us can say they do? :oops:

ur heart needs to be in the right place; u need piaar.

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk,wjkf

I think ppl are arguing over semantics here - I think what Sikh_Soulja meant is that ppl break there amrit vows rather than breaking the concept and institution of "amrit" itself.

*agrees with kaur @ gurus feet*

at the end of the day we are all humans, we do not break our rehat out of choice! These are the constant battles we are facing battling with the 5evils to stay on the true path.

Sikh_soulja - we can practice being an amritdhari for as long as you like but what if you are not here in a years time when you plan to take Amrit? Take it and progress from there......thats what I say. 1 step at a time, alot of people go from 1 extreme to another - that might be a reason for the breaking of rehat?

Please don't get me wrong - I know nothing! :? its all good reading up on history and reading in general but I have spoken to a few people just general sikhi and I would say they have kind of lost the plot cos they take what they read as law! and believe that someone elses account or interpretation is right!

fateh - its not about people purposly breaking their rehat because they feel like they have to eat meat or cut their hair - its about will power and fear of waheguru - spmeone who has that prem inside them will automatically follow their rehat... its simple

yeh if some people dont feel they can keep their rehat - then they shouldnt take amrit just yet and practise keeping their rehat until they are ready :D

however - some poeple are very strong willed and they can keep it - when i took amrit i was 14 yrs old - and i never ate nothin but meat - i gave up meat in one night and havent touched it since - i had never really dont regular paat prior to that - i made up my mind about my life and how i was goign to live it - so i have lived by that same promise ever since - people make it out that its easy to keep ur rehat - in this day and age it is very hard - with so much distractions and barriers holding people, not everyone is the same - not everyone can hold back from these things

obviously if someone breaks their rehat unknowingly and they realise their mistake - they can ask for forgivness... there is nothing wrong in that - it helps people learn and become humble

dont u think that someone who cannot keep amrit and takes off their kakars is better then someone who keeps their kakars on and eats meat -drinks and all this other stuff??

fateh

wjkk wjkf

I agree with you ‘Steel Bangle’ (sorry, don’t know your real name). It’s all about inner strength that leads you to follow your rehat. And that inner strength is only obtained by Guru’s Kirpa. I think that it is very disrespectful to keep the kakars on and still eat meat, drink and do all the other stuff. The kakars are our uniform and if we do all that other stuff while we have our uniform on that makes no sense. One is either Gurmukh or a Munmukh, there is no such thing as a part time Gurmukh.

Bhul chuk mauph karni :oops:

“Win your mind and you win the whole world.”

Wjkk wjkf

• 4 weeks later...

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fatehhhh................

I dont think no one can break Amrit coz its not thats easy too break!!! maybee some People break there rehat!!!! because they feel like they have to eat meat or cut their hair and lots of other stuff tooo!!! i think if u love Guru ji then u cant think about break there rehat or any other stuff....... OUR GURU JI SAYS REHAT IS PRICELESS!!!!! HE LOVES GURSIKHS REHAT!!!

I think u should only do Amrit when u ready and also when u rehat is really good tooo!!! I think ur heart needs to be in the right place.......DONT DO AMIRT COZ U FRIENDS ARE DOING IT!!!! U SHOULD HAVE TO HAVE FEEL FROM HEART!!!!

by da way u have write a good post!! Steel Bangle :wink:

bhul chuk maaf

Vaheguru ji ka khalsaaa, Vaheguru ji ki fatehhhhhh

AAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL :D

fateh - its not about people purposly breaking their rehat because they feel like they have to eat meat or cut their hair - its about will power and fear of waheguru - spmeone who has that prem inside them will automatically follow their rehat... its simple

yeh if some people dont feel they can keep their rehat - then they shouldnt take amrit just yet and practise keeping their rehat until they are ready :D

however - some poeple are very strong willed and they can keep it - when i took amrit i was 14 yrs old - and i never ate nothin but meat - i gave up meat in one night and havent touched it since - i had never really dont regular paat prior to that - i made up my mind about my life and how i was goign to live it - so i have lived by that same promise ever since - people make it out that its easy to keep ur rehat - in this day and age it is very hard - with so much distractions and barriers holding people, not everyone is the same - not everyone can hold back from these things

obviously if someone breaks their rehat unknowingly and they realise their mistake - they can ask for forgivness... there is nothing wrong in that - it helps people learn and become humble

dont u think that someone who cannot keep amrit and takes off their kakars is better then someone who keeps their kakars on and eats meat -drinks and all this other stuff??

fateh

true said

Veru nicly put.....

see sangat wat guru ji's saying abt. amrit.without guru's kirpa & blessings, a man cant get amrit.

"sur nar mun jaan amrit khojde so amrit gur te paayea.

paayea amrit gur kirpa keeni sacha man vasaya.

jee jant sab tudh upaye ek vekh parsan aaya.

lab lobh aahankar chuuka satgur bhala paaya.

khe nanak jisno aap tutha tin amrit gur te paayea"

lab lobh aahankar chuuka satgur bhala paaya

khe nanak jisno aap tutha tin amrit gur te paayea

• 1 month later...

can i just say i agree with everyone here, but if u take amrit and break it, and u remain in this position till your death, then, to put it bluntly, your screwed :D

nywya amrit is essential......if u dont take amrit sooner or later then u wont be getting mukti and ull be reincarnated again for millions of years....but u have to get a balance between rushing in and not taking it at all.......if u rush in you wont get any of the amrit raas or spiritual bliss, hence there is more likelyhood u will slack off, and it just wont b as enjoyable.

question to the sangat - is taking amrit with pure BAD intentions - ie JUST to show off.....as bad as no amrit at all? or is the power of amrit so much that hte person will still b blessed no matta how bad they r inside?

I think you all missed the point here!!! People take n break amrit because they cant keep up to the expectations of wen u take amrit!! Thats a fair enuf point....

But what exaclty r the consequences of takin then breaking amrit??? That is wat I would like 2 knw...and i bet those ppl tho have taken and broken will want 2 knw..n those who r lookin to to take amrit would want 2 knw!!

If people knew of wat the consequences were, then they wud think twice abt wat they do...because some ppl TAKE amrit because people around them r tellin them 2..n they feel they have 2 play the part 2....U missed out this area of this particular subject!!

But what exaclty r the consequences of takin then breaking amrit??? That is wat I would like 2 knw...and i bet those ppl tho have taken and broken will want 2 knw..n those who r lookin to to take amrit would want 2 knw!!

Consquences lets see..you will not know the consequences while you are alive.. everything we do.. our actions are noted down...

Please read up my thread on life after death under sikhism question and answer section.

if u break ur amrit and dont retake it u are a apostate (patit) and hence get the worst punishment possible.

I see no evidence to your claims. Nobody knows what kinda punishment posssible you will get?? vaheguroo knows.. dont scare youths like that man...

We are humans. we intend to do mistakes. When i shak amrit. Half of them was people who broke it and they wanted to re-take it. Now thats a improvement you should do.

My 2 cents. .if you have breaken amrit. Please in near future consider to re-take it again for sure. That shall make up for it but do re-take amrit in this life.. though i do not know consquences only angel of death does... our khalsa soujla here is off course is angel of death wanna be :mrgreen:

Amrit, A--- Mrit, if you add the character A to any word in gurmukhi it usually becomes the opposite.

for example, Aroop, roop mean apperence (among other things) so, aroop mean without apperence, or has no apperence.

same with Amrit, mrit means to die, so Amrit means Doesn't die,

therefore how can you break something that doesnt Die??

Thanx guys.....im gona inform ppl i knw of the consequences of takin n breakin amrit....

i thought it was along those line as N3O Singh is talkin abt...but i dunno abt tht Khalsa Soulja's comments....

I do knw that we get punished for all we have done wrong...but i dont knw the facts.....

im gona carefully consider it wen i take amrit....i knw i will 1 da...i knw its in me...i jus...cant seem 2 bring it out of me..do u get wat i mean??? :?

AMrit - from wot i know - is just a physical was h isntt it???? of the kapra inside u..... :!:

If u dirty the kapra agen... as if in "breaking ur amrit" e.g. drinking glasse yeah... den ur polluting da kapra.

Thats how i think about it.

I see no evidence to your claims. Nobody knows what kinda punishment posssible you will get?? vaheguroo knows.. dont scare youths like that man...

We are humans. we intend to do mistakes. When i shak amrit. Half of them was people who broke it and they wanted to re-take it. Now thats a improvement you should do.

My 2 cents. .if you have breaken amrit. Please in near future consider to re-take it again for sure. That shall make up for it but do re-take amrit in this life.. though i do not know consquences only angel of death does... our khalsa soujla here is off course is angel of death wanna be :mrgreen:

im not trying to scare people...........sardar kapuurs singhs book parasaraprasna (lol) talks about it alot.

why wud u commit a kurehit of cutting hair, smoking, eating kuttha, or adultery after amrit anyway? to be honest, if u did that anyway, u wouldnt get a warm reception from dharam raj anyway would u. do u seriously think u wud go 2 heaven if u took amrit then cut your hair? or smoked? or had adultery or kuttha? guuuuuuuuys come on. yes only waheguru can judge, but dats basic stuff.

o, and btw, i am a jaamdoot. didnt i tell u guys? :wink: