Rehinsbhais

tableji

Dnt wanna offend any people out there, bt like wot do u ppl get from goin to them

I mean i go everyweek end tryin to find something rite, bt like Akhand Keertania jus like put simran everywhere and get faster and faster n slow down, and the tableji jus goes mad, hammering the tabla left rite n centre.

U hear some singhs doing saas giras, n ppl screaming and ppls heads like goin in next directions n sometimes i think, this is just like some rave.

And even when they do raag, they mix it with simran, n other taals. I mean the only time where u shud like mix is wen the raag is partaal.

Im confused!

Get some charid-kalah gigs of kirtan and stay home... just do smadhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii marg at your own backyaard...

anand hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii anand ... sab koooooooooo anand... shower of anand, rain of anand, river of anand, then at the end OCEAN OF ANANDDDDDDDDDD :D :D :D :D

If you cannot taste Sugar, it is not the sugar to blame rather something is wrong with your tounge.

Next time go without any thought of judment or expectation. Just go empty minded, sit and just listen, don't think, just listen. Become the Ears that listen to kirtan.

Pheena thats true, but may be he doesnt like the sound (the way they do kirtan). After all, kirtan should be done in raags to get real escatasy of anand :D :D

I myself, have hard time concentrating on goin to smagams. I remember once i went to smagam. I slept most of the time.. the music was really loud kinda like rock music :(

Having been directed to this thread by a friend who found this discussion quite funny, I can only say,

Wow it sucks to be you. If you cant feel anything at a Smagam when you have an entire roomfull of Gursikhs singing, whether it is in proper Raag or not, the word Waheguru should be enough to do something, and if not then somethings wrong. Even the most spiritual devoid people can enjoy a Rensavae at least a bit.

"Sikh_fauge" the reason Rensavae keertan is being made fun of, compared to rock concerts, gigs etc, is simply because it is AKJ. Its a pity that people like N30 Singh dont address their problems to prominent members of a Jatha.

Funny how people express their opinions more freely when hiding behind a VDU.

Hellow Khalsa Soldier,

I myself brought up in a house that people listen to raag kirtan and nothing else because after all raag kirtan is a puratan maryada. I like to follow puratan gurmat sangeet maryada. So its normal, if i find other kirtan to be loud as in music is loud. I m not in no way dissing or puttin down people who like to attend smagams. I think its great way. After all guroo maharaj recommended us to join sat sangat instead of goin in jungles. I m just giving my opnion that, smagams are just not for me. Whats wrong in that?? After all i m not ignoring kirtan but just pointing out that the way kirtan is done doesnt let me have anand :).

I shouldnt have said the below. It looks like you are offended by this. I do appolize I shouldnt make that statement even thought i wrote what i felt.

I myself, have hard time concentrating on goin to smagams. I remember once i went to smagam. I slept most of the time.. the music was really loud kinda like rock music

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Maha_Pavitar

:)

Tejvir kaur (my pyarey bhen) is talking about Sadh Sangat (Dodra) Smagams..she's been to the annual one in Dallas for the past 3/4 years..They don't have Rehinsbhais, though we held one at our home 3 years ago and as she said all different keertan styles, kids to adults did keertan all night..it was a once in a lifetime event. Everyone was packed into our basement, it was us two who organised, and that's also when my pyarey Singh jee proposed to me :oops: So I think it depends on the keertan, the sangat, etc..I don't think I would really enjoy someone 'screaming'..bani is a jewel that should be sung with utmost sweetness and pyaar..

I'd love raag keertan rehinsbhais..but like my little sister Sadh Sangat Smagams are always so blissful & fulfilling for me too.

Dhan Guroo Nanak!!

p.s./Would the sangat like me to upload some mp3's from Dallas Sadh Sangat Smagam? :)

Guest Singh47

But n30 Singh, I have heard of Sant Ishar Singh Jee’s kirtan many times. Infact I listen to it everyday. He has never done kirtan in Raags. On the contrary, his tunes are even more simpler then AKJ tunes. Infact some tunes are even similar to puraatan AKJ tunes.

Sant baba ishar singh kirtan cant be compared.

I remember sant baba mann singh saying at sant maharaj barsi..

He goes "Sant Maharaj" da kirtan was soo Nirbhan that he brought krishan maharaj di bansuraie(flut) from dwapar yug and bhai mardhana da rabab from kalyug alll together in one "Sur"

Its been known that when sant maharaj used to do kirtan even birds stopped chirping...fine they werent in raags but anand of kirtan was there.... Everything was in anand hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii anand :D

Guest Singh47

I agree. But, many feel the same about AKJ Kirtan. Puraatan AKJ kirtan was very similar to Sant Baba Ishar Singh Jee’s style of kirtan. It is great how Sri Krishan use to come to Sant Baba Ishar Singh Jee’s kirtan. But I have heard from many Singhs who do massive amounts of Simran, that Shaheed SInghs use to come when Bhai Randhir Singh Jee did kirtan. But of course, only SInghs who do a lot of simran could see them. Bhai Sahaab was truly a great soul (Mahatma).

I actually support kirtan in Raags. That’s the way it was done during Guru Jee’s times, and that’s how it should be done now. But if someone does not know raags, does that mean he/she has no right to do kirtan?

Singh47,

It seems you took my whole post wrong way. If you ask me i never actually said anything about puratan akj kirtan.. because i never heard it ..I made a comment on modern akj kirtan which i heard lot from akj people themselves that its different.

Also you are confused here when you said 'Sri Krishan" use to come. Read my post carefully...

As far shaheed's singhs are concern.. I have no doubts shaheed's singh used to come when bhai randhir singh or sant baba ishar singh ji used to do kirtan. Because I dont doubts bhramgyanis.

On the same note: Please dont make this thread into comparison if Sant baba ishar singh ji vs bhai randhir singh ji naam kaamiya. It be foolish if ya do that. Because every bhramgyani's are nirbhan/anmol rattan in their own way.

I actually support kirtan in Raags. That’s the way it was done during Guru Jee’s times, and that’s how it should be done now. But if someone does not know raags, does that mean he/she has no right to do kirtan?

You learn it ..same way people do learn gatka , shastarvidiya etc...

Raag is vidiya itself.

If you say all these bhramgyani didnt learn raag kirtan... why should we??

Answer: They knew why they were here for. So they did what they had to and go back to akaal desh

We as worthless worms should strive for learning raag vidiya, shastarvidya etc until we completely surrender to guroo maharaj ji or sant mahatama for bandagi of vahiguru

Guest Singh47

N30 Singh, I think you may have misunderstood my message as well. I did not mean to make a comparison between the two Mahpursh. I’m sorry if you think I did.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is, Raag Kirtan is good. Infact I think it is preferable to the other styles of kirtan. Learning Raags is no simple task. It takes years to master them. Frankly speaking, not everyone has time for spare to learn all of those Raags. But kirtanis in our Gurdwaras have no excuse for doing non-Raag kirtan, because all they do is Kirtan. They are the ones who should be setting the standard for the rest of us. you should understand AKJ Singhs are not kirtanis by profession. They are just average people like you and me who do hard work, or go to colleges and uni’s. When there is a smagam, they attend it, and when someone asks them to do kirtan, they do it.

To understand AKJ style kirtan you have to understand its origins. AKJ was started in the villages (Pend’s) by the villagers (Pendus) of Punjab. In the Pends people did sidhi-sadhi dharma style tunes, which is basically what AKJ tunes were. Over the decades many city-folks (shehriay) started joining the AKJ. It is the influence of these city folks over the decades people began adding a lot to tunes making them more and more flashy as they sometimes may seem today.

But, that does not mean AKJ kirtan is totally devoid of Raags. Many puraatan SInghs from Bhai Randhir Singh Jee’s period such as Bhai Meher Singh Jee do kirtan in pure Raags.

Personally speaking I like kirtan by Bhai Harjinder Singh Sri Nager walay. His kirtan is amazing.

Thanks for educating this fool :D

Some great information :D

As i appolized to khalsa soldier in my previous post that it wasnt my intention to belittle akj kirtan. I was trying to give my opnion that akj kirtan is not for me. It doesnt let me concentrate much.. After all everyone is different hanna??

But its great Kirtan is Kirtan after all. If 1000 of sikh youths or even 10 sikh youths take laha's of akj kirtan then the kirtan itself succed its purpose(filled one with prem and anand hiiiiiii anand )

Stay in chardi-kalah

:D :D