REAL SPIRITUAL PRACTICE, PARENTS FIRST. MUST READ KHALSA JIS

Dear Friends,

I am here to post, I usually dont talk to much and I dont like to post also, but due to certain circumstances I am posting overhere.

The path to Guru Sahib is Hard-one. It is difficult. Most of us can not carry the weight and are often mislead and I tell you that there are many. You can not carry 10 litres of water in a 1 litre bucket capacity. You will fall !

Only those people are able to meet Guru-Sahib on which the Guru casts his grace and once this grace is cast... one can not explain to others of how to meet God and what to practice ! These things are unexplainable. All one can say is wether the path one is taking is correct or incorrect.

But still out of a dire desire to help.. I am going to try to point out certain things.

1)You can not do simran , nitnem or path ! ... no matter how much self-effort you put into it. This is out of your hand and nothing is going to happen. Only when God showers his grace will you be able to do these things. Therefore one must have FAITH rather than forcing himself into such practices. If you have Faith then God makes sure you complete your nitnem , no matter how late you are. But by self-effort nothing is going to happen.

2)Reading biographis of sants and babas are not going to help. I have been through that stage and God is NOT happy at all. Every sant, baba has his own story , different story and different experience and everybody will say different things out of bhavana and those things will apply only to the certain directed individual.

I see so many people caught up in sant babas and trying to copy and imitate them. Trust me trying to do what is said in there biographis wont HELP. There true biography is there inner-life , which can not be described. Reading stories of bhakts and doing what they did.. wont help. Coz there life-story is different.

This will put you in an endless trap. I have been through this. The Only support you have is WAHEGURU and Waheguru speaks to you inside your heart and that is what you MUST DO.

3)Reading Sri Guru Granth Sahib and posting quotes and then arguing over it. My friends Gurbani is BRAHM and only a person who has met with God can understand Gurbani.

Once Kal Yug asked Guru Nanak Dev Ji of how Kal Yug will stop people meeting God and Kal Yug said that he will show criticism(nindya) of other people in the bani of bhagats and Gurus and in this way mislead people.

This is why so many people will pick up quotes from SGGS and fight with hindus and muslims without understanding which is only possible by meeting God. They dont realise that this is a trick of maya.

4)There are other people who will do simran, not sleep at night and keep doing path. God dont accept such people because they dont do there duty.

Which is 100% obidience to parents and 100% doing your duty.

God has already given us parents to be served, our kirt , but we leave those things and do nindya of our parents and go and do seva in Gurudwaras and sit in simran.

Just remember my friends that your simran and amrit vela will not bear fruit unless you are a 100% obidience to your parents and in your kirt.

A person who breaks the heart of his parent even once is doing a sin.

I have learnt such things by Kirpa and now I am sharing. You can not do simran by self-effort. It is only God who will make you do it. Count on it.

I was at one point of in my life messed up, but now I feel God alwasy ang sang with me and my mind very peaceful. Wherever I go I feel God next to me. God has told me to alwasy respect parents, do duty kirt and HAVE FAITH IN GOD and God automatically makes me do simran, nitnem. I dont put any self-efforts in my practice. I am Free and this no one can explain in words.

So plz parents first. Parents are next to GOD !

Now, I know there are those will bring posts from SGGS which will make them think that parents are moh and stuff, but as I said above that these ppl fail to understand Gurbani and its indication.. becoz Gurbani is Brahm and can not be understood by mere reading. To fight and argue with verses of SGGS is a trick played by Kal Yug to make them do nindiya.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. It is absolutely okay. In my opinion God doesnt accept children who dont respect or treat there parents well. In one way God has come in the form of parents to us.

Guru Nanak Dev ji had so much respect for his parents, even though they always use to hurt him, scold him. He still did family business, still listenned to his father and even took him to sach khand !

Theb question is:How do you serve your parents????? I think you are totally wrong on the Sant Baba biographies point. By reading those biographies you understand the importance of serving your parents. Those biographies and that sangat gives you the knowledge and guidance to do all these things you are talking about. Sikhi is not as small as you are making it to be. Just serve your parents and do kirt, come on buddy. Do you serve your parents? hAVE YOU READ ggs? Some people have only come to this world for bhagtee and as soon as they were old enough left home and did bhagti. Are they wrong? I don't think so. Everything happens in the command, each individual has his own command by God and he has to carry that out. People don't read biographies to please God, they read them to understand the path to God. If god told you just to do Kirt and serve parents, that means according to the logic of your post that only you should do that and everyone else should wait for there command from God. What you have written is basically your biography of what God has told you. It is no different from what is written about Sants.I agree 100% with your thoughts about parents though!!!!!!

I see so many people caught up in sant babas and trying to copy and imitate them.

So if they try and copy a Sant like Baba Nand Singh Ji, who devoted themselves to Naam Simran their whole life, this is wrong? We should not try and follow their example????? These so called 'Sant Babas' that your on about have been the inspiration for lots of people to take Amrit, follow the true path. Whats the harm in reading biographies if it means some one becoming part of the Khalsa? Are you crazy? Parents comment is true i guess but say for instance your parents say to you that they do not want you to take Amrit or they dont want you to become too religious because it ruins your chances of getting married, then what are you supposed to do? Obey them?!?!?! :roll: ?

To your question... I would like to say that you are not Baba Nand Singh Sahib or Bhagat Kabeer !! You are You

You are different and you should do what you have to do and by reading biographies of sant babas you are not getting yourself anywhere.. but just putting yourself in a difficult position !

I have had that experience and I can write down and tell that no one is going to meet God unless they have unwaivering faith in SGGS. Your only refuge is the SGGS !! AND NOTHING ELSE BESIDES THAT.

I myself use to read a lot of Sant baba biographies, but when I dumped all sant babas including the real brahmgyanis and when I had concrete faith in SGGS... all my doubts were cleared and everything was open for me.

SGGS spoke to me from inside my heart and not from any biographies !

We should respect all SANT BABAS, But we should not read there biographies and try to be like them. They are different from us, we can not take there example and try to imitate them. There biographies dont show us the path to GOD. Plus there biographies dont talk about there INNER-LIFE... which is more important.

Regarding serving our parents, kirt.... Samosa Singh let us first see how good we are at it ?? Your parents put food in your mouth from the time you were born.. God possibly will not accept someone who cant obey there parents and serve them properly. Someone who cant respect,serve and do there kirt CAN NOT also obey the hukam of God and be faithful to God.

Regarding taking amrit , Unknown girl. If your parents dont allow you ..then dont take it. Dont be too self-fish and you will see that God will give you even more !

once my parents told me to stop meditation on God and I stopped ! and guess what ?? I didnt have to meditate anymore.. God gave me the power to remember Him in sleep and that I obeyed my parents.. I feel God ang sang with me always and even more closer than I felt before !

and now my parents say that I should never miss my nitnem. This is the Blessing of God which you will get if u surrender and walk on hukam!

This is the power of God and this is what God will give you .. if you live and obey your parents ! and do your duty and kirt fully.

You guys are runnign here and there... putting so much self-effort in doing this and that and quarrelling with each other by picking verses from SGGS.

Some of u guys do half your nitnem and then bang your head over not doing the rest of it, while others break there heads agains the wall for not waking up at amrit vela. :bling: I know the situation of you guys, but this isnt the correct way. HAVE FAITH IN GOD AND OBEY.. Then see !

wasting hours learning punjabi, kirtan and reading biographies of sant baba. All of this is not gonna get you anywhere. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-)

If God want to make you a sant baba.. then you will automatically become one, Reading biographies and copying and imitating them isnt gonna help and no sant baba will take u to God , but only SGGS will take and only SGGS will show "YOU" the path to God , a biography of Sant Baba isnt going to show you. It can perhaps mislead you.

Nothing is in your hands.. All is in hands of God.

You can not do simran.path by yourself ..... It is God that makes you do it.

You can not take amrit by yourself... It is God that gives it to you.

Just remember unknown-girl and samosa singh.... that No sant baba can ever take you to God. No one and no one except and only Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

You can break your head reading all the biographeis of sant baba and then awe over it. It aint gonna help you. Just try to keep faith in SGGS and leave all this sant babas for one time and you will see the difference.

Reading such biographies one is only mislead ! You can read it for the fun of it, but dont try to be like them or try do the same or follow from there biography, because each sant is different for a different purpose and each sant will say a different thing that applies in a very stringent way.

To your question... I would like to say that you are not Baba Nand Singh Sahib or Bhagat Kabeer !! You are You

Well DUH :LOL:

You are different and you should do what you have to do and by reading biographies of sant babas you are not getting yourself anywhere.. but just putting yourself in a difficult position !

Can you gurantee that i wont get anywhere spiritually if i read biographies? who are you? God?

I have had that experience and I can write down and tell that no one is going to meet God unless they have unwaivering faith in SGGS. Your only refuge is the SGGS !! AND NOTHING ELSE BESIDES THAT.

Just because you'v had certain experiences does not mean to say that you will not reach God if u read biographies, How do you explain Bhagat Dhanna doing darshan of God through a STONE?????

I myself use to read a lot of Sant baba biographies, but when I dumped all sant babas including the real brahmgyanis and when I had concrete faith in SGGS... all my doubts were cleared and everything was open for me.

SGGS spoke to me from inside my heart and not from any biographies !

Good for you mate

We should respect all SANT BABAS,

Without a doubt

But we should not read there biographies and try to be like them.

We shouldnt try and be like them? er... :?

They are different from us, we can not take there example and try to imitate them. There biographies dont show us the path to GOD. Plus there biographies dont talk about there INNER-LIFE... which is more important.

They might not talk about INNER-LIFE but they can be a inspiration to some people to realise the true path and follow SGGS can't they?

Regarding taking amrit , Unknown girl. If your parents dont allow you ..then dont take it. Dont be too self-fish and you will see that God will give you even more !

Guru Ji's Hukam comes first becuase when you die, you take responsibilty for your own actions, you cant get away with stuff by saying 'my parents are God' so i had to murder a guy because they said so, for example.

once my parents told me to stop meditation on God and I stopped ! and guess what ?? I didnt have to meditate anymore.. God gave me the power to remember Him in sleep and that I obeyed my parents.. I feel God ang sang with me always and even more closer than I felt before !

and now my parents say that I should never miss my nitnem. This is the Blessing of God which you will get if u surrender and walk on hukam!

Guru Nanak Dev Ji disobeyed their father, have you forgotten sacha sauda?? the Janayoo ceremony? Guru Ji always stood by Truth, if your parents and Guru Ji's rules are in line with each other then we should by all means obey our parents but if our parents tell us to do something against Guru Ji's Hukam then we should not obey them, i thought that would be obvious...

You guys are runnign here and there... putting so much self-effort in doing this and that and quarrelling with each other by picking verses from SGGS.

8) :arrow:

Some of u guys do half your nitnem and then bang your head over not doing the rest of it, while others break there heads agains the wall for not waking up at amrit vela. :bling: I know the situation of you guys, but this isnt the correct way. HAVE FAITH IN GOD AND OBEY.. Then see !

wasting hours learning punjabi, kirtan and reading biographies of sant baba. All of this is not gonna get you anywhere. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-)

So we should not learn punjabi? or do Kirtan? Have you lost it?

If God want to make you a sant baba.. then you will automatically become one, Reading biographies and copying and imitating them isnt gonna help and no sant baba will take u to God , but only SGGS will take and only SGGS will show "YOU" the path to God , a biography of Sant Baba isnt going to show you. It can perhaps mislead you.

God doesnt automatically make u a 'sant baba' . It takes alot of Bhagti and concentration to get to a stage like Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj.

Nothing is in your hands.. All is in hands of God.

I agree... :wink:

Just remember unknown-girl and samosa singh.... that No sant baba can ever take you to God. No one and no one except and only Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

jjj, seriously you got some dodgy akj ideology.

Only Siri Guroo Granth Sahib Ji can take you tooo the god-Agreed

But whats in siri guroo granth sahib ji- Praises of sants mahapursh(see-sukhmani sahib)- seva, Encouragement of sadh-sangat and sat-sangat (Mind they are two different things).

why dont you follow your own way and let follow their own??? Why we have too be leechers and dis-approve each one of its way...

You want a hard-core proof .. go listen to suleman :D

I disagree... To some how punjabi culture is simply being corrupted by sants./mahapurkhs. These people come and talk about how much seva they did of this and that sant and how pleased that sant was !

In my opinion people who go after sant/mahapurkhs.. lack faith in SGGS and have still not accepted SGGS as there True Guru !

Those people who have accepted SGGS is the True Guru.. Dont feel the need for any sant/mahapurkhs.

If you want to talk , ask questions, or read biographies then go and talk to the SGGS.

Regarding talking about praises of sants in SGGS.. as I said The bani of SGGS is brahm and can be understood only people who have met God. It is impossible to understand by just mere reading and one can only make mistakes and misunderstand and this is what the christains and muslims do with the bible and the koran.

Regarding Sants. There are no sants. The only SANT IS SGGS AND NONE OTHER THAN THAT.

The reason I say all this, because I have personally met many ppl who use to go and read biographies of sant mahapurkhs.. to get inspired and stuff and then do the samething. I myself use to do that a lot, but once I met a Gursikh who told me to immediately stop all of it ! People who are engaged in such practices usually dont get anywhere and are mostly stuck in "Self-effort" and get tired but with no results.

This Gursikh told me not to follow or have faith in anyone besides SGGS ONLY ! by doing sangat for 2 days.. It changed my mind and I could see How Great my SGGS as compared to Sants/Mahapurkhs and after that I have had no problems.

Other people also who were mislead just by sants/mahapurkhs and when this guy left all these sant/mahapurkh tales behind and had faith in SGGS.. He was in super chardhi kala

Just remember NO SANT/MAHAPURKH can take u to God. Only the SGGS can take you to God.

Our Guru is SGGS not SANT/MAHAPURKHS !

Some ppl are pretty amazed by biographies of Sant/Mahapurkhs.. ..and they easily loose faith in SGGS and then they start following and reading about Sants. None probably know about how great SGGS is .. that is why they follow sants. They dont know that SGGS is the Master of all SANTS.

mORE... Sants/mahapurkhs have there own life-story and our story is different from them, reading there biographeis isnt gonna help. In most cases it wont apply to us even. Only what the SGGS says is gonna apply to us and that u r gonna know automatically if u have faith in it.

TO UNKNOWN-GIRL. PLEASE READ EVERYTHIGN WHICH IS WRITTEN BELOW

YOUR QUESTIONS IN ARE IN RED AND MINE IS IN BLUE

Can you gurantee that i wont get anywhere spiritually if i read biographies? who are you? God?

No, but It aint a big help ! Nothing can be guarenteed here.

Just because you'v had certain experiences does not mean to say that you will not reach God if u read biographies, How do you explain Bhagat Dhanna doing darshan of God through a STONE?????

Bhagat Dhanna is Bhagat Dhanna... You are You. You wont get the same experience if you copy bhagat dhanna ! Bhagat Dhanna had his own karmas. oNCE upon a time I also use to do the samething that these bhagats did, but later I realised that my goal is to meet God and not be like the bhagats and now I only sit back and enjoy the love-filled banis of these bhagats.

We shouldnt try and be like them? er... :? Sure not ! Coz thats impossible ! You are going to become what God will make u. You have NO POWER to be like them.

They might not talk about INNER-LIFE but they can be a inspiration to some people to realise the true path and follow SGGS can't they?

[glow=red:48e99b939f]"and SGGS"... why "And SGGS"?? ... why not "only and only The SGGS"??[/glow:48e99b939f]

This is an indication of weak faith in the SGGS and to know the inner-life is impossible without grace.

Guru Ji's Hukam comes first becuase when you die, you take responsibilty for your own actions, you cant get away with stuff by saying 'my parents are God' so i had to murder a guy because they said so, for example.

Hahahaha. First learn to do your Dharma Duty properly ,, then go fall in the feet of the Guru.

Once when one Mughal was asked to cut a gursikh into pieces then that Mughal refused to cut and became emotional and then the Gursikh said to the Mughal that it is your duty and order to cut me into pieces therefore complete your dut

This Mughal followed the Hukam of God and was accepted in the court. Had he refused to follow his duty.. he would not be or atleast would have a hard time.

In this game.. you have to keep your inner-self deatached from good and bad and follow the HUKAM. Guru Jee is gonna see your Inside and not your Outside !

Finally, You dont recognise the Hukam of the Guru. It is not easy to recognise. When your parents say dont take Amrit... Then that Hukam is coming from the Guru. Guru Jee's hukam is not same for everyone.

The time when I had to take amrit.. my family tried to get me as late as possible.. I was one hour late for the amrit ceremony and had no hope of getting Amrit.... but when I arrived at the ceremony, luckily the ceremony had not even started.

So if Guru jee want to give u something, then you will get it without worldly constraints and restraints, But if Guru Jee dont want to give you then no matter how much u try.. u cant get it !

Guru Nanak Dev Ji disobeyed their father, have you forgotten sacha sauda?? the Janayoo ceremony? Guru Ji always stood by Truth, if your parents and Guru Ji's rules are in line with each other then we should by all means obey our parents but if our parents tell us to do something against Guru Ji's Hukam then we should not obey them, i thought that would be obvious...

No.. No... You are mistaken Guru jee never disobeyed there parents. You are completely mistaken. They never spoke against there parents. This you fail to understand. Even during the thread-ceremony He didnt disobey.

You simply dont understand the hukam of the Guru and the principle duty/dharma of life ! This is why u see the two -opposite to each other.

Okay if u want to against u r parents then go.. but it is A HIGH PRICE that you pay !

Moreover remember in the war of AnandpurSahib when Guru Gobind Singh was asked to leave anandpursahib by his mother and Guru jee knowing that it was a trick by mughals and even though he knew leaving Anadpursahib is goign to be a bad decision.. He still followed what his mother said.

So we should not learn punjabi? or do Kirtan? Have you lost it?

LOL.. You think God is gonna be happy with u learning punjabi .. HAHAHAHA..

If learnging kirtan doesnt melt your heart and mould your heart.. then its of no use and there are many raagis who do kirtan all the time and then they look at girls and cheat people. There are other people who dont even know anything about kirtan, yet they are filled with Love for God

and as for pUNJABIS... God isnt pleased by "language".. God is pleased by Love. So "Punajbi" is not a variable factor for meeting God.

Moreover SGGS says.. that so many ppl come and sing kirtan with great professionality, but they are not accepted becoz they dont live in the HUKAM

God doesnt automatically make u a 'sant baba' . It takes alot of Bhagti and concentration to get to a stage like Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj

hahahahaha... Please increase the size of the bucket you are carrying. God is the giver of Bhagit, Love.. If God wants He will give you all this, it is just a matter of how simple, innocent your heart is.

Baba Nand Singh Sahib did what He was destined to do. He did what his simple, innocent heart told him to do ...but if you copy Baba Nand Singh Sahib you are loosing that simpleness, innocence.

It is not a matter of to much "bhagti" or to high stage. God is the giver of all these things and God isnt gonna judge you by that. Goto Golden Temple and you will see 100s of ppl doing path 24 hours a day, but God didnt meet them, why ???? why??? they do so much seva, so much kirtan, so much path.. but why God dont meet them?? They even leave there homes and stay there ???

whereas a wife who serves her family well is at once blessed by God ???

If u r trading bhagti for meeting God.. u r not getting anywhere.

Real Bhagats dont do simran to meet God, They do it becoz it has become a hobby and They love it ! Even if they had to goto hell.. they'd still do simran.

If God wants.. He can meet you with zero bhakti and if God wants He wont meet you even if you do bhagti for 1000s of yugs. Understand it is the WILL OF GOD.

Ajamaal did Sin all his life, having sex with a prostitute throughout his life and being outlawed by the country.. but in the last moment still God met Him :) hehehe

Tell me what bhakti did Ajamaal did??

I have listenned to that tape and I am not impressed. I dont know Suleman. I dont know him. I know only SGGS and only SGGS.... My faith in the SGGS is not so weak that by listenning to a tape like Suleman that I will go and follow sants/mahapurkhs !

SGGS is the Master of all these things. My Guru is THE SGGS.

"Sagal dwaar ko chaad kein. Gayo thwaro dawaar.. baie gaien ke laaj aas Gobind Das tuhaar"

N3O SINGH, I dont ask /read sikh historian books or listen to tapes to clear my doubts, questions. I ask it str8 to Guru jee and my questions are answered.

Yes. It is absolutely okay. In my opinion God doesnt accept children who dont respect or treat there parents well. In one way God has come in the form of parents to us.Guru Nanak Dev ji had so much respect for his parents, even though they always use to hurt him, scold him. He still did family business, still listenned to his father and even took him to sach khand !

I don't understand, I mean, in Sikhi does it say if your parents hurt you, you still should not hurt them? You should just take in whatever they give/say?

Fateh

N3O SINGH, I dont ask /read sikh historian books or listen to tapes to clear my doubts, questions. I ask it str8 to Guru jee and my questions are answered.

Ok bhaaji... read the sukhmani sahib for your home-work and let me know what have you learnt out of it??? :wink:

VaheGuruJiKaKhalsaVaheGuruJiKiFateh!

lol @ unknown-girl :LOL: ... i have to agree some what with her...

jjj bruv if we do not try then how will we ever achieve?

If we do not take that 1STEP towards Maharaaj how will he take them 100,000STEPS towards us... You put ur heart and soul into loving Maharaaj and doing seva and keeping rehit... he will bless us... in ways we wont comprehend so easily... but the jigsaw puzzles will fall into place slowly...

As for unquestioning parents :roll: and listening to their every command even if its to stop you taking Amrit... i dont think thats as wise as you make out.

E.g your parents arent very scrict in rehit and/or do not know the purantan rehits you have aknowlegded... then they find out ur not an orthadox Sikh or Khalsa... they will you stop your purantan ways and ur maryada? when to you its the truth and to them its nonsence???

i dont think i would.... cant speak for any1 else... if my parents ever stopped me or tried to stop doing anything that Dasmesh pita Maharaaj Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh Ji wanted his Khalsa fauj to do... i would listen to my FATHER... Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh Ji !!! :twisted: :twisted:

Yes. It is absolutely okay. In my opinion God doesnt accept children who dont respect or treat there parents well. In one way God has come in the form of parents to us.

Guru Nanak Dev ji had so much respect for his parents, even though they always use to hurt him, scold him. He still did family business, still listenned to his father and even took him to sach khand !

Are you saying that it is ok for parents to physically hurt their children and for the children to take the beatings without protest?

Guru Nanak Ji i think got a slap because he didnt sell the food, he just gave the food for free?

You do get some parents who do even worse, by sexually abusing their own childern.

jjj, what about Fred West's children, should they 'love' and 'respect' their parents?

Your post was nice and wishy-washy, pity it didn't take into account that there are a lot of evil people in this world.

(For those who don't know who Fred West is, type his name into Google)

Ok bhaaji... read the sukhmani sahib for your home-work and let me know what have you learnt out of it??? :wink:

n30 singh, Gurbani is Brahm ! It is not a school book that you can open and read and draw out some basic conclusions on what can be done or not !

Bani can only be understood by people who have reached the stage of brahm-gyan ! and it cant be put to explanation !

I know what you are trying to say from Sukhmani Sahib. I will tell you that there is no such thing as Sant. The only Sant is Guru Sahib , the SGGS !!!! There is no other sant besides that !

Let me ask you, have you met any Sant ? I have met genuine Gursikhs myself , who have had extraodinary miraclous experiences with Guru Sahib.

But I dont follow those Sants and they dont want me to follow them. They all say that there is no such thing as sants and no **human** can deliver a person to God. All of them beleive in the power of SGGS. I too beleive in the power of SGGS ! and I dont try to copy them or take inspiration from there life. We all take inspiration from SGGS.

You will read one little biography of some sant you get filled with **awe** and run after that sant and start doing the samethings. .. It doesnt work friend that way ! basically you guys are just after miraclous/ridhis/sidhis. If I give you biography of Sant with no ridhi/sidhi or miracles in it.. then you will be least interested to read it ! haha :LOL:

Sants have a different story , a different purpose, infact everyone has a different story, different purpose.

VaheGuruJiKaKhalsaVaheGuruJiKiFateh!

lol @ unknown-girl :LOL: ... i have to agree some what with her...

jjj bruv if we do not try then how will we ever achieve?

If we do not take that 1STEP towards Maharaaj how will he take them 100,000STEPS towards us... You put ur heart and soul into loving Maharaaj and doing seva and keeping rehit... he will bless us... in ways we wont comprehend so easily... but the jigsaw puzzles will fall into place slowly...

As for unquestioning parents :roll: and listening to their every command even if its to stop you taking Amrit... i dont think thats as wise as you make out.

E.g your parents arent very scrict in rehit and/or do not know the purantan rehits you have aknowlegded... then they find out ur not an orthadox Sikh or Khalsa... they will you stop your purantan ways and ur maryada? when to you its the truth and to them its nonsence???

i dont think i would.... cant speak for any1 else... if my parents ever stopped me or tried to stop doing anything that Dasmesh pita Maharaaj Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh Ji wanted his Khalsa fauj to do... i would listen to my FATHER... Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh Ji !!! :twisted: :twisted:

Okay bro, do.. try all your self-effort and we'll see where you get ! This kind of stage is hard to explain and can only be felt, but ppl get tired with there self-effort and repeating God's Name, they dont get anywhere.

Your first step only happens by Kirpa of God ! Your effort doesnt work. The time you understand that "You have NO POWER"... that will be the day you will first enter the path to God.

Your first step is to surrender to God, To have Faith in God, this is the First step. Once you surrender God comes all the way to you.

God will take your hand, when you GIVE UP EVERYTHING TO GOD. Read first puaree of today';s hukamnama in Punjabi.

Regarding parents, A worldly person will see the world as follows

"God, Parents, Brothers, Sisters, Wife, Children."

A Gursikh will see the world as follows

"God, God, God, God, God, God."

A Gursikh never faces the problems that you mentioned or atleast even if he does, they are all well sorted and he never ends up in an argument.

As for Amrit.. its not in your hands. If Guru Jee gives it to you.. you get it... if not then not !

but those who see God's Hukam in there parents... they get much more they asked for, while those who are argue and fight... usually end up with a headache !

I know hardcore bhagat, His parents use to stop him to do this and that and a lot of restrictions... but he never spoke against his parents and he is now in chardhi kala.... God has given him more !! much more !! kirpa and grace.

First learn to see Akali Guru Gobind Singh Jee in your parents , in the world and everywhere.. Only then can u recognise the Hukamnama of Guru Sahib otherwise it is difficult to recognise the Hukam of Guru Jee & only those on whom Guru jee casts kirpa can recognise the hukam others will read from here and there and will go slander hindus and kill brahmins.

So good luck with all your "trying" and "self-effort".