Mixed Martial Arts / Ultimate Fighting Championship

VAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKIFATEH!

im sure the practioners of martials arts on this forum would know about full contact mixed martial arts fighting and UFC...

My thoughts... do you think it would be good if there were a few Shastar Vidiya shagirds competing aswell... i would love to see a Nihang Singh in a maha Kachera taking on fighters like tito ortiz and frank shamrock etc.

i would love to see a fellow Sikh in the ring... or even a panjabi for that matter. If could learn of Niddar for a good few years i would ceertainly consider it myself. it would be wonderful to see style: Sikh Sanantan Shastar Vidiya next to style like brazilian jiu jitsu, vale tudo and muay thai.

Narsingha wat u sayin? get some of the buchaangee singhs in the ring...

VAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKIFATEH!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Hadh Torh" challenge violates a lot of the media fighting championship rules (eg, eye gouging, groin attacks, weapons). These lead to permanent damage in many cases and are hence banned. In Shastar Vidiya, the fighters expect such damage to occur, and as such breed humility and respect...this is a tradition that is carried forward from Kyshatriya Maryada.

The Khalsa fighting arts are distinct, include weapons such as karas, salotars too. As Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh ji said, the Khalsa is distinct (Niara) and as long as that distinction remains, then the Khalsa will succeed with His blessing.

If we dilute, mix and match, or alter the arts of the Khalsa (eg, gatka) from their original form to suit others, then we loose our distinctiveness. Its also an insult to Guru Maharaj...

Narsingha, there are lot of nihang singhs from all dals who do gatka for show in india as well.

What you have to say about that??

I m sure they have premession from their jathedar's to do gatka in india.

So Allow me to rephrase:

Gatka for show is no way insult to guroo maharaj ji But calling Gatka an shastarvidiya art is an insult!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fateh

By Hadh Torh i dnt think it meant a battle to the death, from what i heard it was a bone breaking contest,although i am not completely sure. Now i am sure this post is about gettin Shaster Vidiya into something like mixed martial art events, although this would be good i thought that alot of vidiya was like biting n gouging n bcuz of this i believe it would not be effective, but again i could be wrong.I think this thread should be kept on the discussion at hand and not a rivalry of people.

Mods i would watch this thread, nasty things mite be said, n we dnt want that happening, do we :LOL:

Fateh

N30, the Nihangs aware of Shastar Vidiya who do gatka will admit that their art is for entertainment and they wont market it as the REAL fighting art. Even Nihang Singhs such as Akali Nihang Baba Santa Singh, and Baba Gurbachan Singh Khalsa 'Bhindrawaley', himself a one time Budha Dal Nihang Singh have made that distinction in the past.

If you disagree, then I suggest you take it up with the Nihang Gatkabaj you know, and let them know about Nihang Niddar Singh or send them to Akali Nihang Baba Santa Singh. That seva would be appreciated.

Is it so difficult for people to understand the concept of Hadh Torh? The Hadh Torh Challenge is not for entertainment/sports or personal gain. As explained (countless times), it is for the betterment of the Khalsa battle arts. The art is designed for combat and the battlefield, but skill is improved and perfected by sparring according to the traditions of the KHALSA.

No disrespect is meant to the competitors as they are skilled in their own right and possess great virtues and skills based upon their own style of martial arts. However, UFC is not adhere to Khalsa traditions. It is a media event designed for personal gain of the competitors (status, prize money, ego), entertainment and is classed as a sport (hence it appearing on sports channels).

Rather than arguing about Shastar Vidiya, why not learn it, and if you dont agree with the views regarding the Hadh Torh Challenge then enter the UFC yourselves....rather simple isnt it?

““Shastar Vidiya is a killing combat art...not for entertainment/sports/personal gain....

You have gatka for that...â€â€

--But Veer Narsingha, why is it that the Nihangs in India refer to the Sikh martial arts as Gatka? They use the term "Gatka" and “Shastar Vidiya†interchangeably, as if there is no difference. Shastar Vidiya just means Knowledge (vidhiya) of weapons (Shastar), and all martial arts in the world can be defined as “Shastar Vidiyaâ€.

““The "Hadh Torh" challenge violates a lot of the media fighting championship rules (eg, eye gouging, groin attacks, weapons). These lead to permanent damage in many cases and are hence banned. In Shastar Vidiya, the fighters expect such damage to occur, and as such breed humility and respect...this is a tradition that is carried forward from Kyshatriya Maryada.â€â€

--Groin Attacks?? Narsingha, that is not Kshatriya Maryadha. According to Kshatriya Maryadha one cannot attack the groin or hurt their opponents using low blow tactics. In Mahabharat when Bhim killed Dhuryodhan by attacking below his waist line he was reprimanded and even about to be killed by his Guru, Sri Balram before Sri Krishan persuaded him to forgive Bhim for going against Kshatriya Maryadha.

Singh47, you may wish to ask the Nihangs in India WHY they do what they do. It appears you are very clued up on the activites of the Nihangs in India so please share the information with us. Perhaps we can all learn from your research.

With regards to techniques, if you wish to discuss them, please turn up to one of the Akharas and we can happily discuss them in depth.

Groin Attacks?? Narsingha, that is not Kshatriya Maryadha. According to Kshatriya Maryadha one cannot attack the groin or hurt their opponents using low blow tactics

i knw ur not asking me but if there is a existing martial science for the abilitiy of killing people, then why arnt groin attacks allowed? Um, if the dudes going to die, i dont think hes going to be worried if he nuts are with him or not....

if its a question of marayda, those without ,maryayda dont really give a shit cos they dont knw, so if they didnt knw, then is it ok??...

also, technique, chudioh gateh marneh.... groin throat attack... if memory serves me correctly, its a tech from suraj prakash.... and please dont ask for references cos i cant be asked.

cos i cant be asked.

that's such a freshy pindoo way of saying i can't be arsed!! reminds me of school days when all the kids said 'axe' instead of 'ask' & a sentence just wasn't complete without the ubiquitous 'INIT'!

“i knw ur not asking me but if there is a existing martial science for the abilitiy of killing people, then why arnt groin attacks allowed? Um, if the dudes going to die, i dont think hes going to be worried if he nuts are with him or not....â€

Mugarmuch Singh, the reason I pointed this out was because Veer Narsingha said it was Kshatriya Maryadha to attack the groin. But if you read ancient Sanatan texts like the Mahabharat then you’ll know that low blows were against kshatriya maryadha. Infact low blows were punishable by death. You have to understand is that, ancient Kshatriyas were very noble hearted souls who fought in accordance to rules and regulations which is known as Kshatriya maryadha. They were not like us Kalyugi folks who will use every dirty trick in the book in order to defeat their opponent(s).

Personally speaking, whenever I have fought, I have never used dirty tactics, low blows to defeat my opponents, unless my opponent uses them first, then I am justified in using similar methods.

I'm Admin and I'm a kuri :P

i think admin are being sexist. there's guys & girls on the admin team, but no third genders. that's y u should make mugermach an admin. :LOL:

guv

president, mugermach for admin campaign

i think admin are being sexist. there's guys & girls on the admin team, but no third genders. that's y u should make mugermach an admin. :LOL:

guv

president, mugermach for admin campaign

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

now back to the topic..

Mugarmuch Singh, the reason I pointed this out was because Veer Narsingha said it was Kshatriya Maryadha to attack the groin. But if you read ancient Sanatan texts like the Mahabharat then you’ll know that low blows were against kshatriya maryadha. Infact low blows were punishable by death. You have to understand is that, ancient Kshatriyas were very noble hearted souls who fought in accordance to rules and regulations which is known as Kshatriya maryadha. They were not like us Kalyugi folks who will use every dirty trick in the book in order to defeat their opponent(s).

Personally speaking, whenever I have fought, I have never used dirty tactics, low blows to defeat my opponents, unless my opponent uses them first, then I am justified in using similar methods.

i have no idea about this, i will read up on it and reply in 2 to 10 years time.

also about ur personally speaking, good to see you would use if needed.