Why?

Er might sound stupid but its early and so Il post it anyway. Why are you a Sikh? Is it because ur born into a Sikh family and you think God has chosen for you? Or is it because you've read SOME Gurbani and known it was the absolute truth? Or because you've read ALL of it and its been proven to you? OR have you not read anything and just feel its the truth because you cant explain, or worse you're just going with the flow?

If I should mind my own business ignore the post and carry on reading my other intelligent posts by doing a search under my name, yeeehaaa..(new mating call, where's beasty's farm?)

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

MIND ur own business!

Why sikh? I read into all the other main world religions with an unbias state of mind. Then I looked at the true beauty of each religion. Sikhi teaches that we can all get to heaven whereas some teach that only they can. That just seemed like a pathetic idea as God loves all. Also, these religions believe that there is no reincarnation. Thus it seems impossible that a loving God would choose person A to be born in Christianity and person B to be born a Sikh and thus give Person A a headstart.

Some people will argue that God has not given anyone a headstart but we all have the chance to turn back.

It all sounds wrong to me, God is so loving in Sikhism.

As a woman I want equality and as a human I am entitled to that so why should I convert to a religion that has inequalities within its teachings.

Sikhs may show inequality but they can never claim that God discriminates, but in other religions God discriminates.

The Gurdwaras are for all unlike Islam where the non-believers should be kept away.

These reasons are not the only or even the main reason why I decided to remaina Sikh and thus become an amrithaari Sikh of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Sikh is beautiful, people of other religions say their religion is beautiful, I do not dispute that but Sikhi is the most beautiful religion in my view. I did not think, ok God wanted me to remain a Sikh so that's that. I looked into it to an extent and only found Sikhi to be the one that fulfilled all my thirst.

I think that is that.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh :)

well yes the Sants have had a great impact on me and to name just a few:

Baba Nand Singh Ji

Baba Isher Singh Ji

Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji

Sant Baba Mann Singh Ji

Sant Baba Mohan Singh Ji

and last but not least Sant Baba ????? Singh Ji (don't know what their name is but amazing Sant Ji).

When I was a kid watching Baba Isher Singh Jis videotapes had such a major influence bringing me into Sikhi. And even when I feel I am straying from the path of Sikhi, i listen to Baba Jee and it puts me back on track. Also my Nan used to tell me Sakhis about Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Baba Nand Singh Ji. Those priceless moments have helped my life in such a positive way. Thanks to Waheguru for their kirpa on this moorakh.

Sant Baba Mann Singh Ji said that Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji were playing the vaja in a closed room and then the Sant they lived with told them that one day the whole word would listen to their kirtan.

Sikhi is great.

Sants are great.

great are those sikhs who are in the charan of Guru Ji.

great are those of every religion who have lost their ego in love for God.

but greater still is Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Ji as they taught us how to get to Waheguru and because they never left us, Guru JI are with us and lets go meet them and have their darshan in the Gurdwara as they sit in the form of Guru Granth Sahib Ji but it is the eyes that God blesses that can see Guru Ji in their human form. Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Sahib JI.

For those who are not sure about Guru JI, they should sit in front of Guru Ji with only the thoughts of the Guru in mind and sit close and do ardas with closed eyes and mind concentrated that you can realise truth. It is then that pyar comes out in the form of tears and the mind and body leaves Gurdwara with pyar and happiness as if there is no other other than Waheguru.

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru

• 4 weeks later...

i guess mum n dad....i went to camps for those who were amritdhari and those who wanted to be amritdhari as a youngster, as my dad used to lecture....and i guess dad introduced me to the idea ..... then when the camps stopped , dad left it to me, to do what i want....when i got around the age of 18/19 i kinda decided that i wanted to try this, looking at my parents and their relationship and the relationship with me and my sister....comparing that to quite alot of other marraiges that have broken up, etc i asked my dad one day, what is it that keeps u and mum the way u are ??? dad was like its god, if u hve god in a relationship from both sides, then when there are problems, they are easily solved...but both partners have to want god in the equation..

so i guess lookin at how comfortable my life was and the envirnoment in which i had been brought up, i started to get into "sikhism" and i havent looked back since...

At the beginnin i saw it as a restriction, but now its more of a release....and guruji is a protecter in that the whole world is described inside guru granth sahib ji....what to avoid ....guruji shows you where the pitfalls are and shows you how to avoid them.

i guess at the end of the day, it made sense to me..when i was young i relied on my parents to guide me...now i rely on guru granth sahib ji to guide me and everytime i go off track, something happens and i kno ive gone off....but when i stay on the line....i have peace...

ive come to realise that sikhism isnt only for your benefit in future lives, it benefits you now in the current present and the near future aswell.....

Er might sound stupid but its early and so Il post it anyway. Why are you a Sikh? Is it because ur born into a Sikh family and you think God has chosen for you? Or is it because you've read SOME Gurbani and known it was the absolute truth? Or because you've read ALL of it and its been proven to you? OR have you not read anything and just feel its the truth because you cant explain, or worse you're just going with the flow?

If I should mind my own business ignore the post and carry on reading my other intelligent posts by doing a search under my name, yeeehaaa..(new mating call, where's beasty's farm?)

Answer:

Bani Guru Guru hai bani, vich bani Amrit sare.

Guru bani kahai, sevak jan manai, partakh Guru nistare.

I am a Nanakpanthi, a Shish of Satguru Nanak Nirankar, because I have been given His Amrit.Not just a "Sikh".There are many Sikh of many Guru.But Gur-Satguru are very few and very fortunate to find.

I have been given Amrit, not Khanda Amrit.Khanda Amrit is for those who are ready to die.

I wonder how many Khanda Amritdhari's are ready to die?Quiet, dont answer.Answer to your atma....

for me it was the influence of my parents who took the initiative to take Amrit. then it was when i started reading about the Guru's History in my Sikhi Books. Also my uncles, aunts, etc. and mostly when i started to learn about Sant Jarnail Singh Ji, that was when i was like wooooow, what a great man. and that's what got me started. also, that Sikhism jst seems to be the perfect religion like Black Goddess said as one of her ideas and reading Gurbani.

Its inevitable that people will adopt terms to define themselves - or their system of belief in order to distinguish it from another. Whether this is good or bad - matter of perception. :wink:

i totally agree