White people?!

Why?

They have their country, their religions, their freedoms and no problems at all. They face no discrimination and every avenue in life is open to them: even to become the president.

3HO turned out to be a cult, that was infiltrated from head to toe with cops investigating importation of guns and weed, and CIA.

What's wrong with investigating and studying your OWN roots??

No monk you misunderstood. I was agreeing with you. Why did those people become sikhs? And what sort of sikhs welcome them, apart from NRI khalistanis anyway? you don't see such banners featuring hindus who profess to follow sikhism. it's the same old traitors' tactic of preferring the angrez to their own.

i don't trust them at all.

No monk you misunderstood. I was agreeing with you. Why did those people become sikhs? And what sort of sikhs welcome them, apart from NRI khalistanis anyway? you don't see such banners featuring hindus who profess to follow sikhism. it's the same old traitors' tactic of preferring the angrez to their own.

this I agree with...desis have this thing about white people...I don't get it..

Also, I don't exactly hold 3HO in high regard either....seems kinda cultish to me...

And I agree, we don't see posters of Hindus who became Sikhs, because I don't see the point...What is the difference between a true Hindu, and a true Sikh? Besides you shouldn't have some superiority complex in Sikhi.

Why is it necesary to show White, or ever Hindu Sikhs? Because you wanna say, look who converted to our faith?

If you wanna make a banner representing those that follow Sikhi, then 99.9% should be brown as that holds true to current statistics (or close to).

I agree monk. The banner says: look, we must be doing something right, because a few paragons of moral integrity and intellectual honesty have started to copy our ways. Isn't that great!! Better than a honest Hindu being taken in by the RSS campaigns, for instance. And BTW if you see a Hindu smoking and waving a nishan sahib let's beat him up, and if you see a black man doing the same just say "alright gangstah!" and get out of there fast.

Pal-in-da-bar says: jump up!

Pal-in-da-bar says: sit down!

Gotta listen, cos he has a knife and there is no such thing as laws in the virtual sikh world apparently.

dude, i frickin LOVED the old banner for a variety of reasons.

i mean i like the white people doing their sikh thing. but how does having a banner completely composed of white sikhs represent "bringing awareness to sikh youth worldwide"? not all of us are white. not all of us are brown. heck, not all of us on this site are even sikh!

:shock:

good point sukhi monster....

but the banner does give a fresh feel to the forum!

gotta say tho.. i loved the old banner... it was very well made

new one is kinda pixelated in areas and not a very gd job with photoshop at other points...

but overall a welcome change.. u never they may change it back.. it's good to be dynamic!

Why did those people become sikhs?

And what sort of sikhs welcome them, apart from NRI khalistanis anyway?

not the white ones in their own land with everything going for them. sorry.

i don't know if its just me, or am i misreading your post but it seems to smack of deep rooted insecurities towards white converts to sikhism. also other contributors to this thread seem to tow the same line. How can you not trust a sikh just becasue they are white! it seems like a dumb reason to me, or maybe i am stuck in some prehistoric mindset where racial equality is to be frowned upon. Where the spread of sikhi to non-brown people is evil. Should we ban converts and deny the message of bani spreading!

I agree the banner is not representative but big deal, its just highlighting that there are some non-brown white sikhs in this world, as there are also black sikhs (i met one on Tottenham Court Road about a month back). The banners change on this site regularly and i can't remember one where there has been white people before. Reading between the lines of many posts here i think they are quite racist.

regards,

OK palm_w1 but what about the widespread attitudes of sikhs towards Hindus who started following sikhism, whether under the rss banner or not?? Isn't that a mark of deep-rooted insecurities??

Bottom line is that when my country has been invaded and nicked and occupied by a very clever and powerful organised group of bandits/pirates who at the same time were also taking slaves from Africa and doing war on the Chinese for the "right" to sell them opium I'm left feeling a little insecure regarding their future intentions.

The Afghans have a saying:

"first comes one Englishman as a traveller, next come 2 Englishmen to make a map, and then comes an army of Englishmen to annex the country".

Why trust them devils?? Just because now some of them call themselves sikhs??

The respect they attract from sikhs in every walk of life is ridiculous. I mean come on, if someone rapes your sister and then invites you over for a drink like a jolly old chum from the old school tie why feel so proud about it. Plus they have no problem adopting and rejecting sikhism. Maybe I will be a bit more tolerant when they actually make good on all their broken promises and start making reparations (in monetary compensation) to the people of Punjab for how they screwed us over totally. Let's see them put their money where their honeyed tongue is.

OK palm_w1 but what about the widespread attitudes of sikhs towards Hindus who started following sikhism, whether under the rss banner or not?? Isn't that a mark of deep-rooted insecurities??

yes. although for RSS members i think it is justified to look at them with suspicion as they are from an organisation which is CURRENTLY still trying to undermine sikhs in their own homeland and is an overtly fascist organisation.

Bottom line is that when my country has been invaded and nicked and occupied by a very clever and powerful organised group of bandits/pirates who at the same time were also taking slaves from Africa and doing war on the Chinese for the "right" to sell them opium I'm left feeling a little insecure regarding their future intentions.

you are correct, the british did carry out much evil in Punjab. As did the indian regime (and to an extent still do). Does this make you suspicious of all hindus. Furthermore most white converts are actually american, not british, yet you seem to label all whites which is why i class you as a racist. It also sounds like you are following Mugabe's logic by saying that you mistrust current white people because of the actions of a tiny minority of their ancestors.

Why trust them devils?? Just because now some of them call themselves sikhs??

perhaps because races don't all think along the same wavelength, perhaps some white people actually do think their ancestors were wrong. in the same way that some NF type whites would look at you and call you a paki motherf**ker. They would class you regardless of you as an individual, in the same you seem to be blanketly labelling all white people.

The respect they attract from sikhs in every walk of life is ridiculous. I mean come on, if someone rapes your sister and then invites you over for a drink like a jolly old chum from the old school tie why feel so proud about it. Plus they have no problem adopting and rejecting sikhism. Maybe I will be a bit more tolerant when they actually make good on all their broken promises and start making reparations (in monetary compensation) to the people of Punjab for how they screwed us over totally. Let's see them put their money where their honeyed tongue is.

i think you should try and avoid the baseless rhetoric you use, your analogy is bollox. however i can see merit in the british monetarily compensating punjab, which i think they should do to an extent. i also believe punjab has gained (as well as lost) from colonisation. personally i don't think tolerant views are something that people can buy like you suggest. neway i would like to respond longer but i must dash.

I don't accept the analogy I used is bollox.

I don't believe in "races" as such. America is the love-child of England, and it's controlled by WASPs. It's perfectly natural for me to distrust white people, because of the betrayals, thefts and injustice they committed. I blame them, because if it wasn't for them I wouldn't even be here in their country having to follow their rules, brainwashed by their pathetic excuse of an education system and using their language. They really think they are superior to everyone in the whole world, and even to this day they have not given up their habit of trying to convert people and attacking countries who don't tow their line. When they stop, perhaps my views will change.

At the present time, I am not as stuck in my views as you think. If they return the kohi noor diamond, runjeet singh's throne and all the other artifacts they stole/extorted, I expect my views will start to become more open. Even such small gestures like that will be a good start.

You're looking at things completely the wrong way. The last home sec Dave Blunkett even spoke against the use of punjabi language in the home. They will never stop their attempts at domination, even at the cost of being slaves of the fascist christian right-wing of USA.

What was good about "colonisation" uncle monk ji? I hate that word. Annexation was what happened. Enslavement is what happened. They have to make good for what they did before I start to believe their sikh protestations.

i'm not anti-white either. i just believe that they have their place, and we have ours. they shouldn't have invaded ours, because they've left us with immense difficulties. is it too much to ask for them to help out with those difficulties now they have "become sikh"?

today mugabe is public enemy no.1 to the whites. yesterday he was their bosom buddy.

today saddam is the devil himself to the english. yesterday he was their saviour against their old devil ayatollah khomeini.

today bin laden is a marked man to them. yesterday he was their man (a cia recruit).

are there any good reasons to begin trusting these people?

You can't trust Panjabi's either matey.I have been back stabbed by Panjabi's in Panjab three times.Go and live in Panjab for a few months or longer.See how sweet Panjabi's will be to you.But they will then talk behind you back and steal from you and take your land.

People are people.When people covet, then they are worse than animals.Go see the institutionalised corruption in Panjab too.Nice.The naivety of some people. :roll:

Can't trust white people?Go and trust Panjabi's in Panjab then.Then you will be educated.