Sikh Prophecy

I've got dis extract from Nihang.net. And its seems a bit wild and now i've seen Matrix 2, it seems da same has dat in a way in da Sikh Prophecy. Like wen Neo stops all da Bullets from killing him, "The Khalsa Panth shall rule. The arrows of death shall not touch them." Wow - Matrix or wot!

It also seems dat da film Matrix is made by gods will, and life seems 2 immotate art.

Heres the rest of da Prophecy. Its long! So make time 2 read it.

Karni Nama

While Guru Nanak was in Mecca and Medina, Qazi Rukan Din asked, ‘True King, tell us your prophecy again. Tell us how you will unfold the future’.

Your name is Nanak Nirankari and you are from the Nation of the Lord. What are the instructions for the future?

Nanak replied Rukan Din, ‘listen to the true answer’

Whosoever reads or listens to this shall be content. All doubts shall be removed.

In the tenth dress shall reside The Lord.

I shall fight many battles against Emperor Aurangzeb.

I shall then send a letter of victory (Zafarnamah) to Aurangzeb with my Singh (Bhai Daya Singh).

Upon seeing him, Power shall lessen and he shall forget his devious ways.

Emperor Aurangzeb will be overwhelmed by the sight of Daya Singh and will start to tremble.

‘The Khalsa been resurrected! Good has not been done by Gobind Singh!’

I shall vanish (from sight) having given a kingdom; My name being Gobind

There will be a time when the Khalsa shall forget the teachings I have given them. Sikhi will only be left in name. Many Wars shall occur.

I will have to return again to resurrect the Khalsa. They shall reside in the Punjab.

I shall make people from all four corners into one.

They will be in Majjha; They will raid Lahore.

They will bring Potohaar to justice; They will take Peshawar.

They will set up a cantonment at Attock and then open the Khyber Pass.

They will establish a kingdom in Kabul and then take Ghazni.

After bringing Hazaara to justice they will march on to Kandahar.

After taking Balack and Buckaara, they will conquer Sindh and Baloch.

After gaining victory over these lands they shall govern all the people.

Mecca, Medina and Rome shall tremble.

They shall gain victory in battle over south and west India.

The Guru’s Army shall sit at the throne of Delhi.

Umbrellas of kingship shall sway over their heads. All shall be content.

From East to West all shall be conquered. None shall challenge the Khalsa. All humanity shall become one.

In the kingdom of the True King, Satjug shall be established.

The Khalsa Panth shall rule. The arrows of death shall not touch them.

The Army of the Timeless shall grow and spread like locusts.

All shall wear vestments of blue; no one else shall be seen.

Listen Qazi Rukan Din, ‘The Singhs shall rule’.

The Unholy Sheikhs shall be destroyed. Pirs and Mureeds shall be no more.

All shall recite the one name of the Lord. Then he shall come himself.

The untrue shall not be able to see his glory.

All humanity shall unite and he will distribute provinces.

The Earth shall give food and the mountains shall give diamonds.

Fruits of many kinds there shall be, upon the sight of the timeless.

All shall recite VAHEGURU and achieve salvation.

Many Dharamsalas (places of discussion) shall exist. The Koran and the Mosques shall vanish.

The Lord shall manifest himself in body (as man).

He will make all utter VAHEGURU. All Singhs shall flock under his banner.

All shall know him as the True One. He will sit at the throne of Delhi.

He will establish a kingdom of peace and no enemies will remain.

Wherever the Khalsa turns his eye, the 14 realms shall tremble.

For 14,000 years, this kingdom shall remain.

Wealth will be collected and food shall be distributed.

The naked and the starving shall all receive; no one will go without.

Sayeth Nanak, ‘Rukan Din, This is how it shall be’.

Whosoever reads the Karni Namah, his love with The Lord shall grow.

The Word of the Timeless shall prevail. Those uttering falsehood shall not remain.

After the effect of The Akaal, forests, mountains and the world shall see salvation.

The Khalsa shall Rule. There will be no-one left to oppose them.

All who are lost shall gain the safety of the Khalsa

Utter Vaheguru Ji

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raj Nama

Spoken by the First Master

First, Nanak went to Mecca;

Medina he afterwards visited.

The lord of Mecca and Medina,

Kaarun, he made his disciple.

When Nanak was about to depart,

Kaarun, the fortunate, thus spoke:

Now thou art about to go,

But when wilt thou return?

Then the Guru thus answered:

When I put on my tenth dress

I shall be called Gobind Singh;

Then shall all Singhs wear their hair;

They shall accept the ‘Pahal’ of the two-edged Sword

Then shall the Khalsa be established;

Then shall men exclaim ‘Vaheguru’

The four races shall become one and the same;

The five weapons shall be worn by all.

In Kalyug they shall array themselves in vestments of blue;

The name of the Khalsa shall be everywhere.

In the time of Aurangzeb

The wondrous Khalsa shall arise.

Then shall battles be waged,

Endless war shall ensue,

And fighting shall follow year after year.

They shall place the name of Gobind Singh in their hearts.

When many heads shall be rendered up,

The Empire of the Khalsa shall prevail.

First, they shall conquer Punjab;

Then other countries shall be theirs;

Hindustan and the North shall be possessed by them;

Then the west shall bow to them.

When they enter Khorasan,

Kabul and Kandahar shall lie low.

When Iran has been laid prostrate,

Arabia shall be conquered and they shall march on to Mecca.

Mecca shall be beheld,

And Medina shall be seized.

Mighty shall be the rejoicing,

And all shall exclaim ‘Vaheguru’.

Unbelievers shall everywhere be destroyed;

The holy Khalsa shall be exalted.

Beasts and Birds shall tremble in the presence of the Lord.

Men and Women shall everywhere call on God.

The Earth, the Oceans and the Heavens shall call on God.

By calling on the Guru shall men be blessed.

Every faith shall become of the Khalsa;

No other religion will remain.

‘Vaheguru’ shall everywhere be repeated,

And pain and trouble shall depart.

In the Kalyug shall the Kingdom be established,

Which Nanak received from the Lord.

Worthless, I fall before God;

Nanak, the slave, cannot comprehend the ways of the Lord.

Thus replied Nanak to Kaarun’s question.

Utter Vaheguru Ji

The Karni Namah and the Raj Namah are two significant chapters of the Sau Sakhi, the Sikh book of prophecy. The Raj Namah appears in, The History Of The Sikhs, by J D Cunningham on p. 340. Cunningham came across this document during the mid 19th century. He states that these “compositions are of course fabulous as regards Nanak, and appear to be the compositions of the commencement or middle of the last centuryâ€.

The Karni Namah was told to Qazi Rukan Din, Pir Bahaoud Din, Ghous, Kuthab, Saalaar, Hajji, Sheikh and Mushaikh Aulviya, who sat with Guru Nanak at religious discussions. The Raj Namah was told to Kaarun, the Emperor of Rome, on Guru Nanak’s return from medina.

These prophecies were in the Old Janam Sakhi’s written by Bhai Bala, who accompanied Guru Nanak on his travels. However, the British removed them.

‘Raaj Karega Khalsa Aaki Rahai Na Koe.

Khuaar Hoe Sab Milengai Bachai Sharan Jo Hoe’.

This is said by the Sikhs in their daily Ardas. As it can be seen, the Karni Nama is the only source of these words.

Questions:

The coming of Nanak was prophesised thousands of years before his arrival. These prophecies are explicitly detailed in the Vedas and the Puranas, which are amongst the oldest scriptures on Earth.

Whilst at Mecca and Medina, Guru Nanak unfolded futuristic events in the Karni Nama and the Raj Nama. He clearly states that he will have to return to ressurect the Khalsa.

Prophets of the world have all established their religions. Each religion was a requirement of its age, which the prophet was sent to fulfil. The way of the Khalsa is the requirement in the age of Kaljug. It is the tool necessary to defeat Kaljug and establish the kingdom of Satjug.

Presently, the Khalsa appears to be in a state of dormancy. What is required for the Great Guru to show himself? What conditions are required, i.e., how much more of a decline of humanity is required?

Is this decline necessary? What can we do, as Khalsa, to stop this decline from occurring?

What we are currently doing is OBVIOUSLY not working!!!

Guru Ghar Da Nimmana Kutha

Akali Sirh-Morr Singh

That prophecy will happen, The Guru has said that the Khalsa will rule the world for 5000 years!!

I also read a similar prophecy its by Ram Chandra of the sri ram chandra mission. He wrote it in the 1950's , and all of it thats written has become true...

Also, He said that somewhere by the beginning of the century, that is this decade 2000-2010, many wars will take place, and there be will large scale bloodshed.. and the new world order will rise on bones and ashes.. the southern part of England will sink into the sea.. India will regain its pristine glory.. well read it here is the link

http://www.srcm.org/literature/reality.html#Vision

Please though...keep in mind that Khalsa may not necessarily mean a sikh in bana 24/7, who's hardcore and the such...

Literal translation of khalsa is pure, is it not?

either way, khalsa as we generally percieve it , or khalsa as those who are pure, no matter of caste, religion, ethnicity etc... either one who rules the world is an improvement to our corrupt-filled world

gurfateh!

wjkk wjkf

frankly i dont believe this...

just think abot wat it says , like this "Unbelievers shall everywhere be destroyed; " does this sound like sikhism to me? no it does not. sikhism teachs tolerance between religions. i do believe in the khalsa raaj though, just not like this.

also aobut the god manifestin as a man, thats nuts, wat aobut wat the mool mantra says? "ajooni" "saubhang"

wjkk wjkf

also aobut the god manifestin as a man, thats nuts, wat aobut wat the mool mantra says? "ajooni" "saubhang"

wjkk wjkf

Thats a nirgun form what they meant god mainfestin as a man form will be sirgun form..

have u heard of a true sakhi of parlhad?? Narsingha was god himself but in sirgun form..hope that helps.. those predictions are really to research about.. i m gettin about 125 pages paperback of sau sakhi soon probably next month.. we will share then... i heard its nerve breaking!!.. so cant wait for it...

Sat Sri Akal:

Please, this is my amateur observation on Gurbani. Only Guru Sahib knows the real truth.

How can the Almighty take birth when Mool Mantar itself states that God does not take birth?

All the creations of this world can be seen as having a tiny piece of the Lord in them (what we call the Soul). This soul remains silent and hidden in a human in that area which we call the Dasam Duar, who does his/her daily duties. It iswhat animates this dirtfacade we call a body. However, when a person, through worship and meditation on the Almighty obliterates his/her ego, that soul in the Dasam Duar shines forth and transcends its boundaries of the body. The soul, being of the essence of the Almighty itself, shines forth and becomes the Almighty's presence on Earth.

Consider the soul to be a drop of water from the infinite ocean of the Almighty. When one eradicates the dirt of manmukhi (ego-driven being), the Almigty's drop of water, the soul, shines forth and illumintes the world.

Therefore, to say that that soul is God in totality and its full glory would be untrue. While those individuals are the embodiment of the Lord's essence and shine forth in the Lord'spresence, at the same time, the Lord's essence is also in every creature, every molecule, every atom and so forth. And that is just the sirgun (material form). The Lord is beyond material form also, being described as Nirgun, or without physical composition. Thus, Lord is everywhere AND nowhere at all times.

I hope that this clarifies some things. If I have made a mistake, please correct me and forgive my mistake. I am still learning.

Dont we use "Raj Karega Khalsa, Akhaie Rahie Na Koi"

That also means khalsa shall rule there would none left to compete with it.

i m sure this is the link with prophecy as well!

wjkk wjkf

frankly i dont believe this...

just think abot wat it says , like this "Unbelievers shall everywhere be destroyed; " does this sound like sikhism to me? no it does not. sikhism teachs tolerance between religions. i do believe in the khalsa raaj though, just not like this.

wjkk wjkf

I kno wot u mean bout dis. I'm also having diffculty understand dis aswell. Maybe der was a mistranslation from Guru Dev Nanaks Ji's words. Mayb wot was meant 2 of been said was.. God will manifest a man or a king as a messenger 2 make all of humankind resite WAHEGURU (as u kno dat WAHEGURU is formless).

I tink it was da chose of words were wrong! Cos it also says dat "The untrue shall not be able to see his glory", da unholy even 2day can't c gods glory.

wait wait wait wait im confused

guru nanak said this???? is there an original script of it???? or has someone just made it up????

it doesnt sound like a very guru nanak thing to say "all unbelievers will be destroyed".

i am very, very cynical.....where were these predictions found and by who????????? confused-ness.

Ok so this is what is being said...Khalsa is the Truth.....I love that, i really do

Now think about the Muslims.....and how Islam is the truth to them.... all of a sudden....which one is which?

No, this doesn't open the door to start hating on muslims....

Every Relgion speaks that they are the truth...so i guess that means that when truth prevails....we'll all prevail...

There should be respect, tolerance of other relgions...it's the basis of Sikhi, love, respect, tolerance.

It almost sounds like some people in this post wanna convert everyone to sikhi, cuz

the unbelievers will be dstroyed, i think it just means every1 will realise khalsa is true

yes..Khalsa is true, but where'd we get the authority to say that no other religion is? is anyone seeing this circle that i am?

We say we're true. We insult others for not being true, and all of a sudden we're not true, but we sure wanna be!

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni Ji

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gur Fateh to All!!!

JSB, further to your posting on the 'Khalsa' meaning the 'pure' -this is an interesting notion as the 'pure' is a common translation given by many, however one with little support.

The late Sardar Kapur Singh in his writings (Parasaprasna, in particular) refers to the term as 'being subordinate to no other' and links it together with much of the symbolism evident in the Guru Darbar as marks of Sovereignty.

I would like to present below two posts I came across some while ago by scholars Sardars Serjinder Singh Ji and Yuktanand Singh JI, who provide an alternative to the foregoing meanings of the term Khalsa and tie them well with documented history.

I would be grateful for any feedback on this matter.

As far as the prophercies are concerned, I would simply hasten that concern and due diligence be noted with all such materials, which have repeated througout history been used as a means of socio-political propaganda and the numerous copies of the Sau Sakhi infiltrated by the British is just one example for the Sikhs. Another would be the numerous dubious claims of the predictions of the coming of Guru Nanak in Vedic texts.

Gur Bar Akaaal!!!

Note referred to:

(Taken from http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion....9?OpenDocument)

Wahguru ji ka Khalsa!

Waheguru ji ki fateh!!

On the 14th of January every year Sikhs celebrate Maghi Jor Mela (The fair on the first day of month Magh) at Muqatsar in Punjab to commemorate the Battle of Muqatsar. A brief note follows to explore the context in which the forty Sikhs were bestowed the title Muqta.

The word "Khalsa" or more precisely "Khalisah" is a Persian word. It may further be added that it is an Arabic word adopted into Persian. The dictionaries give the meanings as "Crown or government lands, Pure; a revenue collector's office;."

I feel that the crown lands is the most appropriate meaning of the word Khalsa in the context of Sikhism rather than the traditional meaning ?pure?. If Guruji again and again refer to themselves as the ones with enumerable evil qualities (Avguniar) and lowliest among the lowelies it seems out of place to say that Guruji would encourage the Sikhs to imagine themselves as pure and push them into the clutches of Haumai. In the extant Hukamnamas (the epistles) written to the Sikhs by the Sixth, Ninth, and the Tenth Guru ji. The Sikhs have been affectionately addressed as

Tusi Mera Khalsa Ho

You are my Khalsa

Here pharase ?my Khalsa? implies that Khalsa is a noun. If it were adjective meaning pure then word Mera or mine would not be used to imply possessive sense.

Other forms of this affection are

Tusi Mere Put Dheean Ho

You are my sons and daughters

Tera Ghar Mera Ghar Ahe

Your house is my house.

These forms of address have one thing in common i.e. to highlight the closeness and affection Guruji expressed for the Sikhs. In this context interpreting Khalsa as an aggrandishment by taking the meaning of pure would be out of place.

Khalsa is used here as a revenue term. It was unfortunate that the word Khalis, a Persian adjective was more well known to Punjabi masses being in use for refering to the purity of commodities even after Persian as the revenue language was replaced by English and Urdu during British period. The Sikhs being mainly from the lower strata of society by and large were illiterate in Persian and could not associate word Khalsa with its revenue meaning.

The knowledge of Persian was an asset during the Mughal period as the following saying suggests,

"Dekho Prabhu ke Khel, Parhe Farsi Beche Tel"

Look at God's(unusual) games, (this person) studies Farsi(Persian) yet is a (poor) oil seller.

The Sikhs who knew Persian and the correct meaning, in their attempt to appease the British rulers popularised the alternative "pure" as the meaning of Khalsa in the mid nineteenth century.

Another misinterpretation of an Arabic revenue term due to unfamiliarity with Arabic and administrative history of Muslim rule in India may be considered to emphasise the point.

Some of the Sikhs led by one Mahan Singh deserted the Tenth Guruji at the time of the siege at Ananadpur and went back to their villages in Majha or Amritsar area. Shamed by the womenfolk they joined Guruji to fight the Mughals on the banks of Khidrana (now Mukatsar) lake. After the battle, Guruji comforted the forty wounded and dying warriors and tore up the Bedawa (the disclaimer).

The history books also say something more. While tearing up the Bedawa and comforting each warrior Guru ji bestowed the Muqta title on them collectively but also invoked on each one of them affectionately the titles such as,

?this one is my "Panj Hazari (entitled to a salary of five thousand rupees)", and this one my,

"Das Hazari"

and so on. When the story is normally narrated the interpreters do say that Guruji called them Muqtas meaning perhaps, the liberated ones but nobody attempts to explain what did Guruji mean when He called them Panj Hazari or Das Hazari.

The word Muqt, Muqti, or Muqta appears quite frequently in Gurbani and is easily understood in terms of its Sanskrit meaning as liberation. However, in the Battle of Muqatsar Guruji was using Muqta not in the sense of liberation but as a revenue term quite well known since the early centuries of Muslilm Administration in India.

During Tukish Sultanate rule in India,

"The Sultanate was divided into provinces, each under a governor, generally termed MUQTAI, who was responsible for the administration of the province and the collection of revenue from those peasants who paid their tax directly to the state..... A fixed share of the revenue constituted his salary, the rest being remitted to the Sultan. ....In addition to the revenue raised by the MUQTAIS the Sultan was entitled to the income from the KHALSAH or crown lands.... The bulk of the land was still available to the Sultan to reward his officers.. This was known as the IQTA or land-grant system. The IQTA could vary in extent...The most common being those given in lieu of cash salaries.

The MUQTAIS or IQTA-holders had to provide soldiers for the Sultan."

(Romilla Thapar, A History of India, Vol.1,Penguin Books,1966, p. 272-3)

The above quote clearly brings out the meaning of the word MUQTAI which has been distorted to the current MUQTA (Muqtai would sound feminine in Punjabi for the forty male warriors led by Mai Bhago so changed to the masculine form MUQTA).

Guru ji raised the status of these forty martyrs to a status higher than even the KHALSAH. Whereas the KHALSAH is the crown land, the MUQTA are those who collect the revenue and govern these KHALSAH lands or the personal property of the Guruji. The betowing of the complementary titles "Das Hazari(entitled to Ten Thousand Rupees)" and "Panj Hazari(five thousand rupees)" becomes clear as the salary component of the revenue as the reward for the selfless service to the Guru Sultan.

In Arabic, words are derived from the roots by prefixing M to a noun. Thus, hamad means prayer and praise of God. by prefixing Hamad with M the word becomes Mohammad or the person who prays to and praises God. Similarly , Noor(written as Nawar in Arabic) means light, and prefixing with M it becomes Munawar or enlightened. In the same way word Iqt or Iqtah means the division of the empire, a state or a province. By prefixing Iqtah with M we get the new word Muqtah or Muqtai which means he who has been entrusted with the management of the Iqta.

The Guruji, Sacha Patsah, the true emperor, was emulating in spiritual terms what a Mughal emperor or a Turkish Sultan may have done in rewarding the wounded warriors in the battlefield after victory, granting the Muqtai or Muqtah titles to his brave generals and warriors.

I hope the above scenerio helps bring out the true meaning of the terms, Khalsah and Muqta in the Sikh historical context.

Humbly,

I remain the charan dhoor of Sadh Sangat

Serjinder Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Let us remind ourselves that preferred meaning of 'Khalsa' is 'property', of God, as in "Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa" rather than "The pure ones." 'Khalsa' means "A piece of property reserved for the highest king."

Collectively calling Guru's Sikhs "the pure ones" does not agree with Guru's teaching either. Guru Ji says, "Kabir I am the worst of all. Everyone else is good. My only friend is he who believes in this" (SGGS 1364 16-17), "I am not good and no one is bad" (SGGS 728:14), "Nanak is where the lowest of the lowly reside, why try to imitate the high? God's grace and mercy is distributed where the lowly ones reside." (SGGS 15:8-9)

Guru's vision is that Khalsa Panth, good or bad, is, humbly, Waheguru's own. "If I made some mistakes, I am still yours, O Lord" (SGGS 761:7). Only with this attitude, can one belong to the Khalsa Panth.

As for the Dohra, please also check my post and S Sahota's post in this thread from last year:

http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/discussion....CA?OpenDocument

Humbly

Yuktanand Singh

Guest BikramjitSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Fateh

Niranjana below is a response that I wrote to Serjinder Singh's post on Sikhnet last year.

I agree that the word Khalsa may have two meanings but your i don't agree with your contention that Sikhs trying to please the British changed the meaning of Khalsa to pure. Also you stated that the Sikhs weren't so literate in Persian and did not understand the revenue term and associated it with the word 'pure'. Even the most illiterate Sikhs villager would have understood the revenue term as whole wedges of villages in Punjab were Khalsa villages. They would have known what the term meant as it was in everyday usage. Even today persian and arabic terms such as Baih ( sale of land ), Murabba ( square of land ) etc are in everyday use in Punjab. If the perso-illiterate Sikhs of today know what these terms mean then their ancestors would have known the revenue term 'Khalsa'.

You have also know understood some of the terms.

Terms such as 'punj hazari' were not the salary that that person was entitled to but the number of men under their command. These terms were used for the mughal subedars or faujdars. They were terms of honour which were bestowed and increased with the giving of robes of honour or 'khillats'. It is not hard to see why the Guru referred to them as such. They had fought like true warriors and the Guru honoured them with terms given in the royal courts.

The same appears to be the case for the term MUQTAI.

Firstly why would the Guru use an obscure term when the word Mukta ( liberated ) appears a number of times in Gurbani. Similarly is the case for the word Khalsa used in Bhagat Kabir's bani. The term Khalsa is used to mean the same as now, it means a pure person who is totally attuned to God.

Also for MUQTAI you are assuming quite a lot. MUQTAI was used in the sultanate period, about 200-300 years before the battle of Muktsar. MUQTAI had been superseded by other terms for governors such as Subedar, Faujdar, etc. At the battle of Muktsar the term would have belonged to history, so why would Guru Gobind Singh use such an obscure term. Also Guru Nanak uses most of the prevalent official terms during his times such as Nawab, Raja, Muqaddam, Sikdar but wherever the term Mukat is used it means liberation.

Also choosing a term and then making it masculine because it sound feminine in Punjabi doesn't seem to be a correct assumption. Why then is the town of Muktsar not called MUQTAISAR or even MUQATASAR. The tradition is that the Guru called them the Chali Mukte as he had given them liberation.

Anyway, your post made interesting reading.

Gurfateh

Bikramjit