the First Sikh Computer Game in development

taran0

we are developing a sikh computer game based on sikh history if your interested then please go to see our website at

sarblohwarriors.co.uk

to clarify....... Sarbloh warriors is a 3D action adventure hand to hand combat fighting game set in the early 1700's where you will be able to join the sikhs who were hunted down and fight against the forces of zakirya khan and the afgan invaders nadir shah.

here are some early test screenshots....

shot6.jpg

engine1.jpg

shot8.jpg

shot21.jpg

we are lookign fro donations to help support the project...

taran

Excellent Idea,

This is a perfect avenue to express chivalry, and if a bit of history, heritage, and the 'values' of sikhi are expressed at different stages in the game, with something alluding to the fact that this is a reflection of the lifestyle of sikhs.....

you will have done the BEST prachar,

a suggestion, if you have a stage "in between" where a singh is keeping a bird underneath a manja for a period of time...and then go onto to quote "warrior saints" (with the permission of amandeep madra and paramjit singh, of course); you can insert tid-bits of history and mention actual facts....

a pen is as dangerous as a sword, it depends on how it is used..

gurfateh ji

- TruesoulUk -

I understand your concerns... the violence is merely a hook just like most other games, but it won't be gratuitous... but is appropriate as it is a true depiction of history. if we start to change the history to suit other people then we will have failed as historians and storytellers to the next generation.

and we are trying our best to indicate the circumstances involved and the actions taken and to be accurate in our portrayal of the sikhs and events of the period.

- DRAWROF

well said...

The game will include many quotes, historical references given as background for the premise of each mission. We are also building our story around actual Historical events of the time and using historical documents to try and make teh experience as authentic as possible.

I have been in touch with Amandeep Madra and he has given us some grreat info about the time period, which we will be trying our best to incorporate as much as possible.

Being an avid games player from a young age, i beleive the educational value of games is underestimated.

as an example the famous game called ROME TOTAL WAR, from the total war series is a war strategy simulation program, it is a great game and is currently beign used by war historians and war strategists to recreate and simulate historical battles. It's an amazing visual tool it has also been featured on a tv series called time commanders. You choose your faction and then you live through a campaign of trying to increase your influence and territory either throguh allegiances or conquering. ont he battelfield you can command upto 2000 soldiers from diferent countries, factions, skills, elephants horses, chariots, archers, germanian beserkers, greek falxmen, gauls, selucids, cataphracts, ... you name it......

Many young people who have played the game have, without knowing it, amassed an amazingly high understanding of roman culture, politics, geography, warfare and strategy, they also know the roman history the diferent families and factions, enemies in europe at the time, the greatest battles fought and lost, etc

and all this from playing a game they enjoy, kids who hated history at school, who couldn't stand reading textbooks are now experts on most aspects of Roman history. Not to mention that many of them have an amazing amount of knowledge, be it in theory, of war strategy and battle planning, how to use archers and cavalry to your advantage. i've played against some of them online and they are damn good. this reminds me of when Guru Gobind Singh ji used to carry out mock battle games with his friends as a young boy.

I also work for Birmingham Museum & Art gallery and even they have opened up to the idea of modern 3d games games being used as educational tools and are allowing me to pursue developing a history game as part of my work there, based on the museum layout and also the collections in the museum

I also met a few students at birmingham university who were developing games engines into educational simulation teaching tools, as part of their phd's.

So I believe that games have a LOT more influence and impact then people seem to think.

Taran

Ur right Stop Singh. U go right ahead and do that.

We got people here who are working full time, taking out what little spare time they have to work on a project for no profit, and all we can give them in the way of feedback is that its not good enough.

This is a first step... With Mahrajs blessings it could be the first of many media projects for us, an area in which we are severely lacking.

These guys are real Artists, Programmers, Music Producers, Actors etc and they are doing this purely because they want to do something to fill that void, take a step into uncharted territory and do something worthwhile.

why cant we make this a first by actually supporting instead of dumping on them?

Double edge if you got nothing constructive to say why dont you mind your own business. The authors of the game have said nothing and appear to welcome comments.

But for some unknown reason you are getting your dirty underwear in a twist. Try wearing underwear that fits you you big lemon.

Taran Ji himself has mentioned Rome Total War. So what wrong with me suggesting a non Doom type game based on war strategy ?

If you'd like to re-read my comments Stopsingh, you will see that my point is that the game is already well into developement, but as usual someone thinks it should be heading in a totally different direction.

Like Akali Singh has said, not everyone likes strategy games. What these guys are going for is the widest possible appeal, there will be plenty of time in the future for other angles to be looked at.

Furthermore, i think it would be a great idea if you would create a strategy game. i honestly mean that. But until the time comes where these lot, urself, or someone else creates such a thing, cant we be happy that someone is doing something?

Apologies if i came across as overzealous, and thanks for the (albeit unwarranted) concern about the state and size of my underwear lol. Thats what we like to see, Singhs looking out for one another lol.

alright calm down lads..... :P

keep the josh until you get to play the game..:x ..... hehehehhee

...I can see that the singhs are already getting ready for war.....

RRRRAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I like it...... !!!!

no worries man,

ACTUALLY the war strategy mod is going to be our second project. Sarbloh warriors is our main project so we will concentrate on that.

but, because we play total war every opportunity we get, we are also creating a mod for Rome total war...we have already been looking into it... its my favourite game of all time.

would be awesome to have a "KHALSA - TOTAL WAR"

command a vast army of sikh troops agaisnt teh hill rajas or mughal armies, OR imagine a battle against the invading forces of abdali

outnumbered and with little armour, you would have to use some great tactics of hit and run to win, using speed of cavalry and archers to engage the enemy and force them to split up......

-- -------------------------------

we had one amazing battle about two weeks ago..... there were 6 singhs playing, it was liek mahabaaaraat, every man fro themself, 6 armies abotu 5000 troops on the battlefield

one singh picked a whole fauj of haathi, elephants, he had in total 16 groups of 4 hathi.

another singh who had carefully picked his army a balanced set of archers, cavalry and ballistae, perched on top of a hill a perfect location, showering arrows on the forces around.

I had a fauj of germanian barbarians, beserkers and cavalry mainly.

teh singh on the hill never ever imagined a whoel fauj of elephants so he tried to stop the elphants with his archers, but because of the armour the elephants had on these beasts were stoppign fro nothing.

teh singh on the hill charged down the hill, the first wave of elephants rammed right into the side of him, forcing their way through three battalions, there was chaos , with that many elephants runnign around there was no way you could reform your troops.

it was a massacre, and an amazing strike of genius from the HATHI VALA BABA, but ulmitely teh elephants have a tendency to go beserk after beign in injured and tend to go crazy and wander in all direction out of control

and because of this my germanian beserkers went wild and chopped down every last elephant and man on the field, my cavalry runnign down any who didnt run......

it was a legendary battle and one which will not be forgotton...... fro a long time..... 8)

checkout the game here

rome total war on gamespot

taran

yo thani

why u adding more salt to the wounds....

the only reason my fuaj couldnt stop the elephants was cause i was being attacked by 3 different armies from 3 directions....

but i did half the size of the elephant fauj before u intervened...... anyways it was a good weekend spent...... I'm Still Recovering.

also I would just like to say..*Shot Gun *... i would like to be ur first volunteer to test the game out before it's realeased..... Just so i can whoop ur ass in ur own game :)

anyways.....take care......and c u around

No ones asking about pink flowers etc etc, But i believe it is a good idea but just expressing concerns over certain issues that maybe brought up.

Its a great idea. When you looking to release the game ? what platforms ?

Any other games planned? Online playing ? like counter strike ?

Good luck with it bruv.

- TrueSouluk

- we are hoping to release the game within 24 months but beta versions will probably be available well before that.

- the game will be released on PC platform only

- We are goign to try and make it playable online too , but no guarantees yet.

- pink flowers ???? i havent got a clue....... :?:

and jungee ....... noone beats me at my own game........

and.... I'll rematch ya on rome any day ....... AAAJAAA FeRR!!!!

Taran

I would just like to say to both Jungee Ji And Taran0 Ji ,. Your work on this game is incredible, and I truelly believe that you have been graced by God.

As you both know IF GOD hadnt exiled me to the far corners of the world, I would have owned you both in Rome and any version of UT.

but as i have no hankar I shall congratulate you both on being second best.. to me.

Take care losers.

(P.S.)

TO all sangat online, the game is in fully complete. The reason for the two year delay is simply because on the first beta test Taran0 and Jungee Ji were utterly thrashed by dynamic bandaR :) so Taran0 has decided to go into his pora sahib, and practice non stop for 2 years hoping one day he will defeat me.

P.P.S. IF the above statement is true then please wait another 10 years before the game is released. :P

teh minimum sepcs will not be too high as we are using an older engine so it will work on anything over a pentium2 400 with 128 megs ram....

on todays machines the game will run pretty fast

and you will just need a direct x or GL graphics card.

my machine is about 4-5 years old and dying because i put it through some heavy 3d software crunching, and it runs the game fine......

I just wish it would run my 3d design programs as fast.

taran

to dynamic banda and jungeee

whoever you two amateurs are.........???!?!?

its easy to talk big online hiding behind your expensive keyboards and laser mice....... :D

but we do it old school on the BATTLEFIELD......... 8)

eh bandeyaa da kamm yaaa........ ACHAAA !!!!!