long time question may seem childish :p

first time poster, long time researcher my question is simple and straight to the point. Im in high school getting "average marks" and somehow i have this urge to study alot in the future before i graduate high school (specifically grade 10-12) as if i want to be in university getting 90 average and everyday im going crazy reciting the same words that im going to study very hard from grade 10 and onwards. This could be money crazy or something but my main reason of thinking this way is because i want to be achnowledged as a "educated" being as well as have a good financial future. Am i commiting some sort of sin for thinking that way?

My other question is about baptizing (i dont know alot about sikism :oops: ). Is it a sin for not being baptized because i am confused. I read some of the rules about baptizing and one of them is not eating meats and such and i like to eat meat but im not baptized so am i doing anything bad?

Thanks,

Nicky(i told you my post would be childish :P)

first time poster, long time researcher my question is simple and straight to the point. Im in high school getting "average marks" and somehow i have this urge to study alot in the future before i graduate high school (specifically grade 10-12) as if i want to be in university getting 90 average and everyday im going crazy reciting the same words that im going to study very hard from grade 10 and onwards. This could be money crazy or something but my main reason of thinking this way is because i want to be achnowledged as a "educated" being as well as have a good financial future. Am i commiting some sort of sin for thinking that way?

My other question is about baptizing (i dont know alot about sikism :oops: ). Is it a sin for not being baptized because i am confused. I read some of the rules about baptizing and one of them is not eating meats and such and i like to eat meat but im not baptized so am i doing anything bad?

Thanks,

Nicky(i told you my post would be childish :P)

First of all every question is valuable. Everyone has to begin somewhere and such question no matter how childish they may seem should be asked. So ask away.

To be someone who can provide a financial stability to his/her family, parents should be a goal worth working for. If you have a desire to study hard, then do so with confidence.

But now you had said that you wanted to be acknowlegd (by others) as an educated person? Is this the sole reason for you wanting to study hard? Why do you want this acknowledged from others in this world?

I would like an answer to these questions from you.

Study hard, Work Hard for yourself, not so that other may praise you. Be stable financially so you may provide financial comfort for your family and so that you can also be in a position to help others in this world with your financial freedom. Do not seek praise from the world which will do nothing but bloat your ego. Be watchful of the true intention behind our desires. It is great that you want to study hard actually become someone in this world, but then this desire takes a twist and it becomes egoist as you do this not for yourself, but for others to praise you. Our mind is one sneaky mastermind, keep a watchful eye on it its intentions.

This is a journey that Sikhs (Seekers/Learners ) walk upon. Follow the Path with Honest and Sincerity, with Shardha, Bhaavna and Love everthing else will follow on its own. Do Simran, Meditate, do Japa you will find your answers within you.

yes your selfish and your going to go to hell..

now say sorry.. :D

lol welcome to the site, sweet answer by pheena may god bless you and grace you with more then average marks.. if akaal purakh so desires..

stay chardikala (happy positive and that) and this forum is here for nothing more then stupid questions.. :)

Gurfateh

It is OK to study hard and get fund and fame but rember that if you excell you will be a prat of commuinity and keep on serving the comunnity you are part of with 10th of your income or as much you can less or more.Comunity here means not only Sikhs but most of your socity,do help them.

Coming to Baptism.There is not ban of eating meat for baptised.If you are told so then some misguided people are misguiding you.Only Halal type of meat is forbiddan.

Baptism is not to do with dogma,When ever Akal will have mercy on you you will be baptised and as all is in hand of Akal so no need to feel guilty.What is momre important ios to understand Bani,serve human kind and have faith in our Lord Akal(eternal,who is in all).

Don't want to delve into the meat bit as it has been discussed many atime

quote 'Coming to Baptism.There is not ban of eating meat for baptised '

but surely if you get baptised , and accept the word of god , meat is the creation of God ie. animals , what right do we have to eat Gods creation , yet we become baptised .. surely there is a contradiction

when you eat a plant , it doesn't noticeably scream at you , you can't hear it unless you amplify the sound .

when you eat a plant , it won't run away from you or try to run away

( unless the plants got legs - only joking)

whereas meat on an animal it has a choice , if you try to cut it open or karate chop it it will try to run away to save its life, this is noticeable immediately you don't need amplification to notice this

DSG,

plants do not run, I agree..

however most vegitables grow in the ground hiding from humans who may wish to eat them, yet we yank them out of the soil and eat away ... ooh the evil.. !

I agree with unbreakable read bani be happy and eat that which is graced by God for you to eat. After all the old babas always say dhana pani likeya hunda..

" seeds, and water has already been ordained"

meaning what you eat and where you eat has already been set.. lol so if somehow a chicken leg goes into the mouth of someone who eats meat then I guess it was ordained.. :P

then again this meat debate is long and can easily be read up by using the search feature of the forum.. :D

lol so if somehow a chicken leg goes into the mouth of someone who eats meat then I guess it was ordained..

yaar i hope no one take this literally..haha and claiming it was ordained..

well honestly speaking, if murgi leg makes it your mouth somehow, you know your intentions, don't go around to local gyani, falna falna singh..if you know your intentions good and bad then you should relax, take it easy, solve your own dilemma within your self.

There's no sin in wanting to do better. But it's easy to get caught up and forget why we're here. Just make sure you do your simran everyday without fail.

It is not a sin to not be Amritdhari, however, you are missing out on a lot! To have a Guru, one must be Amritchuk. Also, to get to Sachkhand, one must have a True Guru. Additionally, the spiritual benefit Amritdhari's get from simran is greater than that of non-Amritdharis. I suggest you ask questions, get good sangat, and get Amritchuk.

Even though you're not Amritdhari, you still get karma from eating meat. Meat is considered really rajsic/tamsic food, basically for this discussion it means that it makes it tougher to focus attention on simran. It would ease transition to being an amritdhari if you phase out the meat eating over time. Just go in front of the Guru and do ardass for help. I would always ask for Naam dhan and Sikhi dhan whenever I went in front of the Guru.

btw, these are some good questions. not at all childish.

I agree man its all about the simran, imho forget the meat stop eating it and do your naam jaap, if it becomes easier then you know why they all say dont eat meat, if you spend all your day either thinking your better then others now your vegi or stressing over the lack of flesh in your mouth, then it was obviously not helped your simran..

Its simran that you want to be eating, thats the most important. :D

Gurfateh

to reach higher Avastha we have to behold that we are not in either of the Three Gunas.

how?

Tamsic or dark qulity

When we see men dying on road after accident we take all his mony and kill him ourself as if he surrive,eh may let us cought.

Rajsic or practical,based upon material or soil(Raj or Rujja).

Leave the man dieing on the road and why to waste time and take risk say man dies police may think that we killed him.

Satvik or doing turthfull of good things.

We will save the man and conside that we did it,and we have done a work of Punya(Charity or Chasty).

State above three or Chaturth Avatha.

Man is saved,but all by will of Akal,we did not help him rather it was Akal in us who did the work.term us is also usless as all is that(Akal).