Gurbani composition which got overlooked by Mainstream Sikhs

I think if you look into Sri Dasam Granth, one will find Sri Akaal Ustat which is gem of gems been fully overlooked by our mainstream sikhs.

I was wondering what's the reason for it. May be they read it, yet

- they don't like the Sri Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj's whole idea of unity and diversity within humanity and all the khandan of karam kaand in sri akaal ustat?

or

- They feel insecure because it challenges their shariat Sikhi (their idolistic way of looking at rehats) and concept of Khalistan. Even though Sri Akaal Ustat does not give any explicit indictions against or for khalistan. I Still feel after reading Sri Akaal Ustat Sahib that Khalsa does not bound to any boundaries just like Vahiguroo who does not have any country, race, color, status in the soceity. The Whole world belongs to Khalsa. That's thinking khalsa should have that khalsa which is embodiment of Vahiguroo belongs to whole humanity and brings unity within diversity.

May be others can enlighten on this topic, or even correct me if i m wrong.

As far as I know AKJ and Taksal both groups which dominated the Khalistan scene believe in Akal Ustat. So Khalistan is not even a reason as you suggested. Taksali Sants believe in Akal Ustat and Bhai Randhir Singh Jee has quoted Akal Ustat in his books.

I think the main reason why it is overlooked is that it is a very long bani. For people it is easier to read smaller banis like Choupi Sahib or Savayai. Another reason is that Dasam Bani is a little more Mehngi than the bani in SGGSJ. Dasam Bani is a little harder to pronounce and memorize. So people tend to memorize other banis which are easier to recite and memorize. At least that is the conclusion I have come to after asking around.

Thanks for your feedback singh47.

I was thinking out loud today and was observing mainstream sikhs and their daily pratices. My intention was not bring out akj or taksal but all mainstream but since you bought up yourself..

Bhai Randhir Singh ji have quoted sri akaal ustat and lived by it's ideals.. i m not doubting that, taksali sants like- sant jarnail singh khalsa bhindranwale, baba thakur singh ji and their previous predecessors have done patt of sri akaal ustat and lived by it's ideal..without any question.

However if you look at some followers of bhai randhir singh ji or some sant jarnail singh bhindranwale followers they are so blinded with hatred towards others dharam -hindu, bhram, it's beyond beleif..i came to conculsion by reading some of posts on different forums.

I cannot fathom it for even one second that these are same chela's of same leaders who lived by gurmat principles (no dvaish towards other dharam etc).

I like to share an picture with you to further to reinforce my deep concern of the orginal post:

what%20in%20the%20world.JPG

Also since you yourself said (singh47):

I know AKJ and Taksal both groups which dominated the Khalistan scene

Could there be possiblity that in that above picture in your views, that khalistan march against indian govt and hindu religion might have organised by those groups? if yes, how in the flipping hell that poster hindu - nazism even allowed in that protest?

If that program was not organized by akj or taksali then who are these happy brainwashed bibya's and who is brainwashing them? are they living up to ideals of Gurmat, gurbani sidhant.?

It concerns me deeply, does it NOT concern you ?

How does a single girl with a ridiculous sign represent the whole movement? That is like me indiscriminately saying that all Italians are criminals since the Cosa Nostra (Mafia) is dominated by Italians. You will find good and bad people in all movements, religions races and nations, but that does not mean that we should indiscriminately say all are bad just because of a few bad apples.

We need to use our Babek Buddhi or the ability to discern good from bad and not just brush everyone with the same stroke. The Khalistan movement had some bad people, but at the same time it also had a lot of Shaheeds, Mahapursh, and Mahabalis who are worthy of Satkaar and reverence.

BTW, I thought this topic was about Akal Ustat?

How does a single girl with a ridiculous sign represent the whole movement?

it's not about the single girl ...lot of questions arises from that picture, who was behind the banner, as in who made this banner? who let it use it in the protest? I am sure this innocent kid was brainwashed by hardcore khalistani, since when khalistani felt a need to use this innocent bibi to spread their agenda full of hatred?

This topic is still about sri akaal ustat, comparing teachings and ideals of sri guru gobind singh ji in sri dasam granth with ideals of mainstream sikhs or as you say khalistanis since in your view that mainstream sikhs have urgue towards khalistan.

If that program was not organized by akj or taksali then who are these happy brainwashed bibya's and who is brainwashing them?

half of these poor girls have just gone for a day out to London (or wherever) and have been handed over one of the mass produced placards by one of the innocent looking uncle jis in the background. There could be as little as 1 person responsible for the placards, but you will often see them being held by many niave young girls (and boys) who end up on the front pages looking like fervent activists, eventhough they might not have even bothered to read the damn thing !