To slumber when you very well know that the end is coming and to do it knowingly exactly what it is that you must do to save yourself. I cannot help but think what good has all that Giaan, the wisdom and the teaching has done for us that we refuse to utilize them to take few steps forward.

Not doing what I must when I know what needs to be done is an illness that is not only offensive to ones Master, but perhaps the worst state one can exist in. How the mind creates excuses, fears to prevent itself from loosing its attachment to the false creation is a reality that most of us face daily.

Driving home from work a thought often enters my mind, that when I go home, i will go straight to my room and meditate. At the moment when this thought exists it is as if i cannot wait to do it. But when I enter the house, the same mind which was full of excitement, betrays me and allures me away from what I needed to do. Even worse i forget what I had promised myself in the drive home.

Why is it that one day we do our bhagti, yet another we slack, why is it that one day we muster up courage to change our habits only to have them come back in matter of days or weeks? Where is our urgency for ourselves? Is it spent on forums like this advising other on what to do, yet we fail to do the same for ourselves? Are we living through the experiences of old, holding on to the states of mind which once existed in our lives filling us will bliss. Do they still exist now?

Definetly something we can all relate to, third para, bang on the mark.

you know, guru maharaj got me to read this earlier on vaheguruu

ਕਬੀਰ ਮਨੁ ਜਾਨੈ ਸਭ ਬਾਤ ਜਾਨਤ ਹੀ ਅਉਗਨੁ ਕਰੈ ॥

कबीर मनु जानै सभ बात जानत ही अउगनु करै ॥

Kabīr man jānai sabẖ bāṯ jānaṯ hī a­ugan karai.

Kabeer, the mortal knows everything, and knowing, he still makes mistakes.

ਕਾਹੇ ਕੀ ਕੁਸਲਾਤ ਹਾਥਿ ਦੀਪੁ ਕੂਏ ਪਰੈ ॥੨੧੬॥

काहे की कुसलात हाथि दीपु कूए परै ॥२१६॥

Kāhė kī kuslāṯ hāth ḏīp kū­ė parai. ||216||

What good is a lamp in one's hand, if he falls into the well? ||216||

Pheena ji I get the same thoughts as you. Often when I am coming home I say to myself that as soon as I get home I will straight away go to do path but when I get home I start compromising by saying just relax 10 mins and then those 10 mins are converted to 1-2 hrs and then I realize oh shoot I could have utilized that time.

The cure is not to just talk about the cures but practice them i.e. find and spend time in sadh sangat, do simran, do kirtan... and do them everyday - not just when we feel like it. I am also guilty of the slumber that Pheena Ji has highlighted with good days and bad days, but what I personally notice is that the days I spent time reading, listening to kathaa, doing kirtan, simran, being in the company of Gursikhs, I am hugely inspired and amritvela becomes a longing and pleasure rather than a chore (approaching it - once it is started then it is of course blissful).

This is why rehit is so important, in the quest for knowledge and greater understanding, it sometimes becomes overlooked i.e. non daily routine of simran/kirtan/kathaa vichaar etc - this happens when our haumai is expanded/fed through us seemingly attaining greater understanding or knowledge and in this act, demoting the importance of rehit.

Rehit truely is the foundation upon which the spiritual being is built. If you take any great Gursikh as an example, the first thing you will notice is how pakka their rehit, one can learn this through reading the numerous biographies and autobiographies of various great Sikh personalities.

Ardas from the core of heart and milaap of tatgyani atamgyani mahapursh. After milaap one have to follow their bachans, but most of all, you have do kirpa on yourself.

There are four types of kirpa (grace) one goes through:

a) first kirpa is given to human is actual human life to vichar- whats your essence? where you come from? whats your real self ? etc, that is straight given by vahiguroo...always remember your death? We should remember that.

B) second kirpa is kirpa of shaastar/gurbani, where gurbani an divine discourse tells us and make us understand concept about life, reality, illusion, our real self(soul/atma),mind, ignorance, reincarnations, 5 vices- anger, lust, attachment, greed, ego and much more

c) third kirpa is kirpa of a sant, kirpa of sant is important because through real sant, one can really understand deep gurbani meanings, lets just put it this way, having teacher(sant/vidya gurdev) really helps an individual to decipher the gurbani message because they make very very simple for us to understand, comprehend and act up on it with their discourses.

d) last kirpa is kirpa of their own self, if one gets all the above three kirpa that just means gyan(knowledge) is there but main task still remains which is acting upon it, do kaamiya. so reach the realm of bhramgyan/atamgyan not just book gyan but that knowledge which can be expereinced on each level in life, in order to have that one need to make actual effort, without one effort everything is useless. In house of guru nanak dev ji, effort(karni) is everything.

Lets be honest guys, if bhramgyan is given to us in a plate, it would be tasteless and its not worth it.. one does not deserve it, you are in a game where you always must strive to think from your soul than mind.. in the game there is thrill, sometimes up and down, have to go through phases(pardaie/koshas) within mind to have darshan of your own real self.

Best thing about sikhi and other mystic orders, its not about all about sargun darshan or guru's grace, its mixture of guru's grace and searching atam within you..search of paratma starts from within one self and ends within oneself by guru's grace because atma is paratma, other socio-religious orders still have that dubta, upadhi, differences between human being and God, see them as different entities.

• 7 months later...

Innocence....sometimes is lost in gyaan...........i remember before i took amrit.........having a thirst..........for something........would keep me awake at night.............would leave sitting at a rainsbhai for 7-8 hours at a stretch........not wanting to leave Mahraj's charan.........i never thought about anything in this state..........there was this feeling of longing...........and no matter how much you try and ignore it, turn away from it, break free from it............it is there...........tearing away a this false self we have created.............it is so easy to fall into the world..........the what the world was made for........the moment we waver the world catches us and ensnares us.............this may sound strange but sometimes i miss the innocence i had before amrit.........now i rationalise, calculate and question.........whereas before i would simply be.............

There rare moments i may fall back into such ectasy is with sadh sangat......kirtan............bani...........simeran..............these are like the catalyst the soul needs to connect the this hollow outer shell......to awaken the other vessel to see through the eyes of the soul........look for any method that stirs the soul............that tugs at ur inner core........and once your there..............well................just sit back and enjoy the ride.......... :)

• 2 weeks later...