Terror horrifies Delhi once again

Mehtab Singh

http://publication.samachar.com/pub_articl...ral%20&more

Terror struck the national capital this evening leaving at least eighteen people killed and over 90 injured in six near simultaneous blasts in a span of 17 minutes in three crowded market places.

Indian Mujahideen, shadow amalgam of banned SIMI and Lashker-e-Taiba, claimed responsibility for the serial blasts through an email sent to news organisations at almost same time when the blasts took place.

The first explosion rocked Gaffar market area of Karol Bagh in Central Delhi at 6.15 PM. The explosive was kept near a Maruti car. The impact of the blast was so severe that an auto was thrown up several feet.

This was followed by three blasts in Connaught Place area and two in Greater Kailash in South Delhi.

An unexploded explosive device was found at India Gate.

In Barakhamba Road, one of the bombs was suspected to be placed near Nirmal tower. The second blast in the CP took place near Gopal Das Bhavan. Both the buildings house private offices and banks. The third blast took place in central park.

In the GK-I blast, more than a dozen people were injured and ten shops were damaged in the explosion that took place at around 6:40 pm. The bombs were hidden in a dust bin.

Prelimnary examination of the blast site said that low intensity ammonium nitrate tied to integrated circuit had been used in almost all the serial blasts in the nation Capital.

Two persons have been detained by the police for questioning.

Yeah, this is not payback. This is murder. They need to attack politicians who are bihind it all, not the civilians.

I remember a few years ago when the terrorists attacked the parliament in Delhi. No one in India felt bad about it because if the terrorists had succeeded, then the corrupt and evil Indian politicians would have died. No one would have mourned for them

finally some payback for the atrocities of delhi

eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth

innocent, sikhs were massacred by delhi

I am really disappointed by your above comments veer. I wish you can realize sikhi and humanity is above than asking for blood for blood. Innocent blood is innocent blood regardless of their dharam, area, ethnicity, race they belong.

I can understand Maha Kharag Singhs feelings, but above are right - if we take this attitude with innocents we are no better than the US, than fanatical Iraqi, Afghani and Palestinian suicide bombers or the Hinduvata/Congress extremists.

Guru Gobind Singh has taught us to fearlessly face the enemy - not take revenge on innocent associates.

"unbreakable" veerji, in fact that is the first thing that the police does right after a terror attack. All foreign lines are disabled to avoid any further communication between potential terrorists. It is highly likely that your conversation was disrupted only minutes after it happened. This is done to avoid any chances of terrorists getting further "orders" to carry out further attacks.

innocent, sikhs were massacred by delhi

1. sikhs were not massacred by 'delhi' - they were massacred by Government organised 'mobs'

2 . I'm pretty sure that the innocent people who died in these bomb attacks had nothing to do with the sikh massacres in 1984 - in the same way that the innocent sikhs of delhi didn't deserve 'pay back' for something that was nothing to do with them i.e. Indra Gandhi's murder

3. Your foolish comments may be harmful for other sikhs ! - as we have already seen above: certain people would have the ability to take offence from your comments and take out their resultant anger on other innocents from your community who had nothing to do with your views.

MKS, you're a follower of the Old Testament/Bible??

Are you assuming that these terrorists didn't kill any Sikhs in the bombings?

This implies that it was SIkh Terrorists who planted the bombs? Do you know something that we don't......?

What happened to Sikhs in Delhi was just plain wrong. My reletives who lived in 84 at the time of the violence tell me that right before the violence started, they were first unarmed by the police who asked all Sikhs to surrender their guns, pistols. My reletives had a gun, since they had a gun licence, they were first unarmed. A great many Sikhs were unarmed like this by the Delhi police before being killed by the mob.

It was all planned by the government of India. The only place where the Sikhs were safe in India were states where congress did not form the state's government like in Bengal where the communists formed and government and they had prevented the congress from killing the Sikhs there. Same thing with the Shiv Sena of Bal Takhere who also prevented the Sikhs from being killed in Bombay, which is one of the main reasons I never have negative feelings for Bal Thakre despite what the world has to say about the man.

But I still don't think what happened in Delhi now is any sort of justice for what happened during that time. Maybe I'm a doomsday type of person, but I beleive war is coming, and only after that will Khalsa Raaj be established all over the globe.

I don't have any links to this, but it's common knowledge actually that the places where Anti Sikh riots did not occur was in communist Bengal and Shiv Seva Bombay.

The Congressis were Gundaas, but the Shiv Saniks were even bigger Gundaas than the congressis when it comes to violence. Although our people(who are usually very uninformed) like to blame everything on the RSS, Shiv Sena but the truth is not as black and white as that. The RSS and Shiv Seva are ideologically different and even opposed to the Congress party of India. They have two very different and often opposed agendas for India.

The Shiv Sena of Bal Thakre should not be confused with the Shiv Sena of Punjab under prominent Gundaa Mawali chief Jagdish Tangri. The Shiv Sena of Bal Thakre are first and formost Maratha nationalists and only later Indian nationalists, while Jagdish Tangri's Shiv Sena of Punjab (who have no connection to Bal Thakre's Shiv Seva) are pan Indian nationalists and are also very anti Sikh, very pro Hindi language.

Anyway, during the 84 riots, the Congress party workers who were very active in Maharashtra and wanted to also carry out their slaughter of Sikhs in the state of Maharashtra by trying to invoke Hindu nationalism. But Bal Thakre gave them a strict warning to not attempt any such thing in his territory of Maharashtra. I have friends who lived in Bombay at the time and also confirm this for me.

As much as our people hate RSS, Shiv Sena of Bal Thakre, the truth is THEY had nothing to do with the anti Sikh riots of 84. It was purely riots carried out by congress party and their political allies. The particular villains of this were the Hindu Jaats of haryana although now they will deny it. These bastards did alot of the killing. These Hindu Jaats, should pay for this one day. They cannot take on a Sikh in a fair fight. The Hindu jaats are also one of the main opponents of Punjabi Sikhs, and were also big supporters of the creation of Haryana but that must be due to their strong leaning to Arya Samaj.

also in Andhra pradesh there were no anti sikh riots, late leader and head of telugu desam party then Mr. NT Rama Rao made sure nothing was to happen to all the sikhs living throughout Andhra pradesh, where congress had quite a hold. Not to forget dusht PV narsimha rao being from Andhra pradesh itself. He's( PV rao) have said to played a pivotal role in organizing attacks against sikh in delhi. I've heard and belive its true.

narsimha rao was the home mminister at the time, and he could have ordered the army or the paramilitary police from its barracks and enfoprced curfew etc etc. but he only did so after 4 days of violence and only cos he world press was there for indiras funeral. he held out as long as he could before being compelled to act to stop the rioting.