Indian and Persian Club Swinging

Mystical

These are still used by Royal Navy Physical Trainers , but really only for demonstartion purposes and the lighter versions. If you look at the Navvy's PTI dept's logo you will see crossed clubs on it.

It was bought over during the Raj and was massivley popular in later part of 19th cent and early 20 cent.

you can make your own using mallets and sledgehammers of different weights. there are some clips on you tube somewhere. i think you'll find them if you search 'body weight excerses'.

Hindu pushups and hindu squats? LMAO

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l1lMKraV28c

Pahlavani dates back to pre-Islamic Persia.

Similar exercises are found wherever people were fond of wrestling be it Africa or Papua New Guinea.

Those particular squats and push-ups have been given the name "Hindu squats" etc for decades - every qulaified trainer in the West knows them by that name.

Actually, thats not far off the truth. Pehlvani in Iran is extinct, that exhibition that BA posted is the only famous traditional akara that exists in Iran. I saw a recent documentary with that same tamberine guy in charge of the akara!

Turkey has a far more real/practicing pehlvani tradition.

Indias is by far the oldest and most well preserved 'existing' tradition in the world. It is so famous, that sportsmen/wrestlers/martial artists from all around the globe still come to the traditional akaras of Indian to learn the ancient wisdom and old exercise regimes.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GZbfPZ9f9SA

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TUgQ0q9sLmE&...feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TcXUwGE2je8&...feature=related

Shaheediyan wrote:

"Actually, thats not far off the truth. Pehlvani in Iran is extinct, that exhibition that BA posted is the only famous traditional akara that exists in Iran."

Shaheediyan you are a stinking liar.

Tehran and other of other Iranian cities have loads of zoorkhaneh. In Tehran there is at least one for every major part of the city let alone in more traditional cities like Esfahan. And no Pahlavani is still alive and not at all extinct you lying /&ç%*/&.

Lol, I was takling about real Pehlvani not the circus act you posted. More specifically about 'traditional/ancient' methods of training, rather than the modern stuff which is popular in Iran today.

Anyways, sorry to have hurt your feelings, it was a slight exaggeration, but you should be used to the concept of 'exaggerations' by now, going by 99% of your claims.

Shaheediyan wrote:

"Lol, I was takling about real Pehlvani not the circus act you posted. More specifically about 'traditional/ancient' methods of training, rather than the modern stuff which is popular in Iran today.

Anyways, sorry to have hurt your feelings, it was a slight exaggeration, but you should be used to the concept of 'exaggerations' by now, going by 99% of your claims."

The "modern stuff which is popular in Iran" today?

The co called circus acted is actually an integral part of the zurkhaneh practices among which wrestling is an essential part. The whole thing is extremely ritualised and you what you saw in the link I gave is what is practiced before the pahlavanan actually wrestle.

As for "exagerated claims", I think that a person like you who had the besharmi of calling my friend's mother your own mother in the most disgusting slime act of history. My friend whom you have know for only two months over the internet and who repeatedly complained to me about that the fact that you "just didn't get it". Please keep you accusations to yourself.

As I already explained to you Mr Sensitive, being a Portugese Shia who dabbled in Sikhi on his own manmat terms, you will never understand Punjabi/Sikh etiquette. The universal terms and understanding of Maa Ji and Bhen Ji as taught by my 10th Master, are alien to you and your faith. It's not surprising giving your stance and justification on female prisoners. I suppose being able to legally marry most of your female relatives doesn't help with understanding this concept either.

There was nothing for me to be ashamed of in my address to a grief strucken mother, the only matter of shame is how a well known pervert like yourself judges and interprets the words of someone he does not know or someone who has never given him reason to give negative doubt of that sort.

Don't judge others on your own scum of the Earth standards. Carney's mother was very touched, appreciative and found solace in my words, your perverted opinion doesn't matter.

As for me not getting it - fine, I'll take your word for it. But seriously, who didn't get it, me, or the person who took Carney, to be baptised with Sehajdhari Amrit. I didn't get it, lol!

And another thing in case you and others have forgotten.

When I am talking about exaggerating, I am talking about the filth you were spreading about how it was the norm for 18thc Khalsa to rape Muslim women by touching them with a soordhand - which apparently is why Khalsa Singhs used to wear a soordand! You plonker!!

All this big education to your Shia mates, many of whom thought Sikhs were 'alright', based on the comments of ONE IDIOT from this forum.

You hate mongering low life dog, your antics will not be forgotten. Then you wonder why people here don't treat you with respect.

Apologise for and acknowledge your bad actions - and you may be able to partially redeem yourself - if that even matters to you.

If Baba Surjit Singh had not been undergound it would have been possible to have this matter cleared up. I wouldnt stand too firmly by that assertion, as from what you have previously posed your relationship with Niddar Singhs students seem to have been less than cordial.

Out of interest are there any sources that claim women were raped by Singhs? With regards to this topic I've never come across anything more than unsubstantiated rumours on the internet. Where any of your sources non Niddar Singh students?

Qazi Nur Muhammeds account of Sikhs during Ahmed Shah Abdalis invasions:

"Besides their fighting, listen to one more thing in which they excell all other warriors. They never kill a coward who is running away from the battlefield. They do not rob a woman of her wealth or ornaments whether she is rich or a servant ("Kaneez"). There is no adultry among these dogs, nor are they mischieveous people. A woman, whether young or old, they call a "Burhi". The word Burhi, means in Indian language, an old lady. There is no thief amongst these dogs, nor is there amongst them any mean people. They do not keep company with adulters and house thiefs though all their acts may not be commendable."