Sarbloh Granth Sahib Bani

Beautiful, is that the whole shabd or just part of the 1st pauri?

Do you have the audio to this also, I would love to compose the music (kirtan) for this shabd.

Interesting that Bisanpad has been put in the sirlek, I think this happens in Shaastri Sangeet in some Raags also.

Seva ley dhanvaad jeeo.

Are you saying that that is the entire shabd or that it is only the 1st pauri of the shabd?

Sorry, that is the full shabad. However there are a few shabads after which are also in persian.

I'm planning to translate some passages that describe the a battle as well, the coming passage I will translate is interesting because it is similar to passages I've read in Dasam Granth, the parts in Bachitar Natak which hvae the word, 'Nihang' in them.

Why is it that there is so much on various gods fighting in Dasam bani and Sarbloh? And what lesson is there to learn from these stories?

It's about dharm vs adharm, but there are also battle tactics hidden within the stories. Another reason is for bir-ras and to mentally prepare the Khalsa for battle. There is a great quote by Sant Jarnail Singh Ji speaking about Dasam Granth, I odn't remember the exact words (on here somewhere) but they say that every page resounds with the clashing of swords, roaring of jaikarey etc. We generally have soft hearts, so to nurture the sipahi side, Guru Sahib gave us Dasam Bani.

Why is it that there is so much on various gods fighting in Dasam bani and Sarbloh? And what lesson is there to learn from these stories?

Singh another thing to understand is that people can relate to the stories as well. These were commonly told stories, i.e. the stories of Ram and Krishna.

Mathen responded well but I think there is more to it than what he said.

Sikhi is simply amazing. It can be as simple and as complicated as you want it to be.

As can be explained by Sant Mahapursh Vidyans of our Panth, Dasam and Sarbloh bani is extremely subtle. If we understand different Devi-Devtey and Raksh as to represent different Guna's (qualities) then we can make it extremely complicated and talk about how each good quality fights bad qualities within ourselves. This is a basic understanding of it, it goes much deeper.

In Sarbloh Granth this idea is quite explicitly mentioned with large passages just dedicated to identifying why the Demon army represents Avguns (bad qualities) and the Devi-Devta Army along with Sarbloh to represent the good qualities. It goes into extreme detail, for example it talks about Bibek is greatest warrior for the good qualities. Then it explains that Bibek's wife is Brahm Gyaan, and goes further to describe the kids etc etc.

Sarbloh Granth is quite amazing like that. One part Gyani Baba Inderjit Singh Ji mentioned to me was, if we all remember in Japji Sahib, 'Gaavan tudhno poan pani besantar gaavai raja dharam duare', that pauri is explained in detail in Sarbloh Granth. It talks how all these things do Pooja of Akal Purkh. For example it talks about how the Wind/Air worships Akal Purkh because on Air our speech rides, when we say recite His Name the Wind/Air does seva of moving it etc.

Sorry kind of went off of topic lol Hope I answered your question

See. this is very interesting in the way you explain it.. It makes sarbloh and dasam bani so deep and beautiful. But when i then go to the original source and read the lines then they just sound like fairy tales that goes on forever page after page, then this happend then that then this then that... Its difficult to grasp the beauty in the lines...

Edited by amardeep

The repetitive and slow method of story telling has purpose to it. It helps to build and maintain the energy and get our Bir Rass to explosive levels.

Also, reading the english tranlation is not the same as enjoying the Bani in it's original language.

For example, when one hears Bhai Balbir Singh recite those select chhands in his well versed manner, you don't need to understand the meaning to experience the energy of the Bani.

• 4 weeks later...

It's about dharm vs adharm, but there are also battle tactics hidden within the stories. Another reason is for bir-ras and to mentally prepare the Khalsa for battle. There is a great quote by Sant Jarnail Singh Ji speaking about Dasam Granth, I odn't remember the exact words (on here somewhere) but they say that every page resounds with the clashing of swords, roaring of jaikarey etc. We generally have soft hearts, so to nurture the sipahi side, Guru Sahib gave us Dasam Bani.

Oh was Krishan fighting against Adharm with Gopis in water?

Stories are stories and Dhur Ki Bani is Ilahi Bani.

Bhagavan Krishna is never figting with gopis.

Gopala, the Lord and Protector of all the living beings in all the universes, is in love with His creation. The gopis represent individual atmas who are having a love affair with their Divine Beloved, they are true bhaktas, as should we all be. That is what is taking place in the water. And it is gopi Radha who so transcends by Her unswerving devotion, as to merge and become One with the Lover Himself. And that is what is meant by RadhaKrishna, that the Divine Beloved and the Lover are ONE.

jw kY pRyim pdwrQu pweIAY qau crxI icqu lweIAY ]

jaa kai paraym padaarath paa-ee-ai ta-o charnee chit laa-ee-ai.

By His Love, true wealth is obtained; link your consciousness to His lotus feet.

shu khY so kIjY qnu mno dIjY AYsw prmlu lweIAY ]

saho kahai so keejai tan mano deejai aisaa parmal laa-ee-ai.

As your Husband Lord directs, so you must act; surrender your body and mind to Him, and apply this perfume to yourself.

eyv khih sohwgxI BYxy ienI bwqI shu pweIAY ]3]

ayv kaheh sohaaganee bhainay inee baatee saho paa-ee-ai. ||3||

So speaks the happy soul-bride, O sister; in this way, the Husband Lord is obtained. ||3||

Awpu gvweIAY qw shu pweIAY Aauru kYsI cqurweI ]

aap gavaa-ee-ai taa saho paa-ee-ai a-or kaisee chaturaa-ee.

Give up your selfhood, and so obtain your Husband Lord; what other clever tricks are of any use?

shu ndir kir dyKY so idnu lyKY kwmix nau iniD pweI ]

saho nadar kar daykhai so din laykhai kaaman na-o niDh paa-ee.

When the Husband Lord looks upon the soul-bride with His Gracious Glance, that day is historic - the bride obtains the nine treasures.

Awpxy kMq ipAwrI sw sohwgix nwnk sw sBrweI ]

aapnay kant pi-aaree saa sohagan naanak saa sabhraa-ee.

She who is loved by her Husband Lord, is the true soul-bride; O Nanak, she is the queen of all.

AYsy rMig rwqI shj kI mwqI Aihinis Bwie smwxI ]

aisay rang raatee sahj kee maatee ahinis bhaa-ay samaanee.

Thus she is imbued with His Love, intoxicated with delight; day and night, she is absorbed in His Love.

suMdir swie srUp ibcKix khIAY sw isAwxI ]4]2]4]

sundar saa-ay saroop bichkhan kahee-ai saa si-aanee. ||4||2||4||

She is beautiful, glorious and brilliant; she is known as truly wise. ||4||2||4||

~Shabad Hazaray

With such masterful logic then the 10th Guru must also have been fighting a-dharam when he was smashing the water-filled earthen ghagars of the ladies with his archery set as a child in Patna!

Or.....with such petty thoughts Maybe you just envy what Krishan Maharaj did?