Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

On 12/27/2023 at 4:16 PM, Lucky said:

I always carry about 10-15 bucks loose change. I have habit to go into my pocket and grab whatever and then give without counting.

31 minutes ago, hsingh6 said:

The writer said - ‘10 to 15 bucks’ IN loose change. 

Actually, he didn't . My point is that is an unusually high amount of change to give a stranger, most people would not give more than 1 or 2 bucks 

12 hours ago, Lucky said:

We have $2 and $1 coins. I carry about four $2s and couple of $1s at least. I never go around using bank card for transactions less than $20. Tea or coffee is about $2 to start. So, I'd feel guilty giving less. If a homeless is stood outside coffee shop or fast food place, I sometimes ask what they'd like and buy them food and drink if I have time. In some areas downtown, many people traveling to work will buy extra coffee or tea for the needy after asking their request. Seeing this is what gave me the idea of buying them food or drink instead of money.

Only person that doesn't help is an alcoholic going to die of DTs. 

I understand the sentiment though brother. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

After listening to many Mahapurush,Kathavachaks etc, and reading books,  the appropriate response would be that keep at it, keep doing naam simran, you will realize everything from within, Guru is within, all the pleasant & blissful sensations are a blessing.  Mind will go through various phases, sometimes chardikala sometimes not so much, sometimes bliss sometimes surrounded by kaam, krodh etc. Just keep at it. 

Thank you @Ragmaala for your reply ji.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/7/2012 at 10:37 AM, Sat1176 said:

I was reading SGGS when I came to Ang 152. My jaw dropped and I nearly fell over. I am sure you have all read this but if you haven't I hope you find it as enlightening and inspiring as I did. A few pangti's may be missing because they are taken from my own notes. The baani has been written by Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Waheguru.....

The union of air, water and fire

pa-unai paanee agnee kaa mayl.

- the body is the play-thing of the fickle and unsteady intellect.

chanchal chapal buDh kaa khayl.

It has nine doors, and then there is the Tenth Gate.

na-o darvaajay dasvaa du-aar.

Reflect upon this and understand it, O wise one. ||1||

bujh ray gi-aanee ayhu beechaar. ||1||

The Lord is the One who speaks, teaches and listens.

kathtaa baktaa suntaa so-ee.

One who contemplates his own self is truly wise. ||1||Pause||

aap beechaaray so gi-aanee ho-ee. ||1|| rahaa-o

The body is dust; the wind speaks through it.

dayhee maatee bolai pa-un

Understand, O wise one, who has died.

bujh ray gi-aanee moo-aa hai ka-un.

Awareness, conflict and ego have died,

moo-ee surat baad ahaNkaar.

but the One who sees does not die. ||2||

oh na moo-aa jo daykhanhaar. ||2||

For the sake of it, you journey to sacred shrines and holy rivers;

jai kaaran tat tirath jaahee

but this priceless jewel is within your own heart.

ratan padaarath ghat hee maahee.

The Pandits, the religious scholars, read and read endlessly; they stir up arguments and controversies,

parh parh pandit baad vakhaanai.

but they do not know the secret deep within. ||3||

bheetar hodee vasat na jaanai. ||3||

I have not died - that evil nature within me has died.

ha-o na moo-aa mayree mu-ee balaa-ay

The One who is pervading everywhere does not die.

oh na moo-aa jo rahi-aa samaa-ay

Says Nanak, the Guru has revealed God to me,

kaho naanak gur barahm dikhaa-i-aa

and now I see that there is no such thing as birth or death. ||4||4||

martaa jaataa nadar na aa-i-aa. ||4||4||

I am forever a sacrifice to the one who listens and hears, who understands and believes in the Name.

sun sun boojhai maanai naa-o. taa kai sad balihaarai jaa-o.

When the Lord Himself leads us astray, there is no other place of rest for us to find.

aap bhulaa-ay tha-ur na thaa-o.

You impart understanding, and You unite us in Your Union. ||1||

tooN samjhaavahi mayl milaa-o. ||1

I obtain the Naam, which shall go along with me in the end.

naam milai chalai mai naal.

Without the Name, all are held in the grip of Death. ||1||Pause||

bin naavai baaDhee sabh kaal. ||1|| rahaa-o

My farming and my trading are by the Support of the Name.

khaytee vanaj naavai kee ot.

This is the true mark of wisdom: that one remains detached, like the water-lily, or the lotus upon the water.

jal puraa-in ras kamal pareekh.

Attuned to the Word of the Shabad, one becomes sweet, like the juice of the sugar cane. ||3||

sabad ratay meethay ras eekh. 

By the Hukam of the Lord`s Command, the castle of the body has ten gates.

hukam sanjogee garh das du-aar.

The five passions dwell there, together with the Divine Light of the Infinite.

panch vaseh mil jot apaar.

The Lord Himself is the merchandise, and He Himself is the trader.

aap tulai aapay vanjaar.

O Nanak, through the Naam, the Name of the Lord, we are adorned and rejuvenated. 

naanak naam savaaranhaar.

How can we know where we came from?

jaato jaa-ay kahaa tay aavai

Where did we originate, and where will we go and merge?

kah upjai kah jaa-ay samaavai

How are we bound, and how do we obtain liberation?

ki-o baaDhi-o ki-o muktee paavai

How do we merge with intuitive ease into the Eternal, Imperishable Lord? ||1||

ki-o abhinaasee sahj samaavai. ||1

With the Naam in the heart and the Ambrosial Naam on our lips,

naam ridai amrit mukh naam.

through the Name of the Lord, we rise above desire, like the Lord. ||1||Pause||

narhar naam narhar nihkaam. ||1|| rahaa-o.

With intuitive ease we come, and with intuitive ease we depart.

sehjay aavai sehjay jaa-ay.

From the mind we originate, and into the mind we are absorbed.

man tay upjai man maahi samaa-ay.

As Gurmukh, we are liberated, and are not bound.

gurmukh mukto bandh na paa-ay.

Contemplating the Word of the Shabad, we are emancipated through the Name of the Lord. 

sabad beechaar chhutai har naa-ay. ||2||

Ang 153

Meeting the Gur (a.k.a. Shabad Guru within), the hard and heavy doors are opened. 

gur mil kholay bajar kapaat. 

One meets the Holy Saint only through perfect destiny.

saadh milai poorab sanjog.

The Lord`s perfect people rejoice in the Truth.

sach rahsay pooray har log.

Surrendering their minds and bodies, they find the Lord with intuitive ease.

man tan day lai sahj subhaa-ay.

Nanak falls at their feet. 

naanak tin kai laaga-o paa-ay. 

Conquering self-conceit, one obtains the Name. 

aap maaray taa paa-ay naa-o. 

One who dies in the Word of the Shabad, shall never again have to die.

sabad marai,,fir maran na ho-ay.

Without such a death, how can one attain perfection?

bin moo-ay ki-o pooraa ho-ay.

So get aboard that boat when your turn comes.

bohith charha-o jaa aavai vaar.

Those who fail to embark upon that boat shall be beaten in the Court of the Lord.

thaakay bohith dargeh maar.

Blessed is that Gurdwara, the Guru`s Gate, where the Praises of the True Lord are sung.

sach saalaahee Dhan gurdu-aar.

O Nanak, the One Creator Lord is pervading hearth and home. 

naanak dar ghar aykankaar.

The inverted heart-lotus has been turned upright, through reflective meditation on God.

ulti-o kamal barahm beechaar.

From the Sky of the Tenth Gate, the Ambrosial Nectar trickles down.

amrit Dhaar gagan das du-aar.

The Lord Himself is pervading the three worlds. ||1||

taribhavan bayDhi-aa aap muraar. ||1||

O my mind, do not give in to doubt.

ray man mayray bharam na keejai.

When the mind surrenders to the Name, it drinks in the essence of Ambrosial Nectar. Pause

man maanee-ai amrit ras peejai. rahaa-o.

When the self dies, the individual mind comes to know the Supreme Mind.

aap moo-aa man, man tay jaani-aa.

As the inner vision is awakened, one comes to know one`s own home, deep within the self. 

najar bha-ee ghar ghar tay jaani-aa. 

The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is austerity, chastity and cleansing baths at sacred shrines of pilgrimage. (Listening to the Naam is cleansing baths)

jat sat tirath majan naam.

Meeting the True Guru, we are shown the way to die.

satgur milai so maran dikhaa-ay.

Remaining alive in this death brings joy deep within.

maran rahan ras antar bhaa-ay.

Overcoming egotistical pride, the Tenth Gate is found. 

garab nivaar gagan pur paa-ay.

So chant and meditate on the Lord, and remain in the Sanctuary of the Lord. ||1||Pause||

har jap jaap rahan har sarnaa.

Meeting the True Guru, duality is dispelled.

satgur milai ta dubiDhaa bhaagai.

The heart-lotus blossoms forth, and the mind is attached to the Lord God.

kamal bigaas man har parabh laagai.

One who remains dead while yet alive obtains the greatest happiness hereafter. 

jeevat marai mahaa ras aagai. 

Meeting the True Guru, one becomes truthful, chaste and pure.

satgur mili-ai sach sanjam soochaa.

Climbing up the steps of the Guru`s Path, one becomes the highest of the high.

gur kee pa-orhee oocho oochaa.

When the Lord grants His Mercy, the fear of death is conquered. 

karam milai jam kaa bha-o moochaa. 

Uniting in Guru`s Union, we are absorbed in His Loving Embrace.

gur mili-ai mil ank samaa-i-aa.

Granting His Grace, He reveals the Mansion of His Presence, within the home of the self.

kar kirpaa ghar mahal dikhaa-i-aa.

Beautiful post, thanks. 

On 4/10/2024 at 7:34 PM, Ragmaala said:

As per many mahapurush, When jaap goes into surti automatically it becomes faster & has more phal. We have to start with loud chanting first. 

Naam Jaap should be done whilst applying the gyan of Gurbani to our everyday lives. When this is done, Naam Jaap consolidates the application of the Gyan practically and a being moves forward in their bhagti.

It's of utmost importance to stay Grounded and humble when starting bhagti- accepting ourselves as Nothing but a slave at the feet of Truth/ God. Doing naam simran whilst being in ego can cause a human to develop severe mental illnesses and to fall of the path. The Devis and Devtas have naam but many had used it in Ego to get themselves worshipped and fell from Gods grace. Just adding that here because i've seen this happen a few times. Humility, love, strength and living free from the B/S aka maya is key. God bless.

• 3 weeks later...

WJK WJF

Hello, i am new to this thread and i have been reading few pages on this thread. I am feeling very blessed to find this thread.

i have been doing naam simran with the blessing of supreme from sometime now. i have started feeling alot of stuff which is very hard to write here. One of them is i hear constant loud sound of ringing in both my ears and it becomes very loud when i meditate. do i need to focus on that or should i keep focusing on naam jap?

Another question i have is of my mind. whenever my dhyan to waheguru simran becomes very close to it my mind start telling me that i am very close to the samadhi and then suddenly i loose it. i dont know how to control it because i really want to get drown into it (samadhi) and always becomes very close to it (Where the body is japping without any effort) and then my mind comes in between and start telling me that YES i am very close to samadhi and because mind comes in between, i loose it and start over again. if someone went through it please let me know how to overcome it. I dont know if i was able to explain what i am feeling.

Bhul chuk maaf ji

2 hours ago, Chanpreet Singh said:

WJK WJF

Hello, i am new to this thread and i have been reading few pages on this thread. I am feeling very blessed to find this thread.

i have been doing naam simran with the blessing of supreme from sometime now. i have started feeling alot of stuff which is very hard to write here. One of them is i hear constant loud sound of ringing in both my ears and it becomes very loud when i meditate. do i need to focus on that or should i keep focusing on naam jap?

Another question i have is of my mind. whenever my dhyan to waheguru simran becomes very close to it my mind start telling me that i am very close to the samadhi and then suddenly i loose it. i dont know how to control it because i really want to get drown into it (samadhi) and always becomes very close to it (Where the body is japping without any effort) and then my mind comes in between and start telling me that YES i am very close to samadhi and because mind comes in between, i loose it and start over again. if someone went through it please let me know how to overcome it. I dont know if i was able to explain what i am feeling.

Bhul chuk maaf ji

The ringing sound you hear when you relax is anhaad naad- the primal sound. It is naam/ symbolic of naam. To go into samadhi, relax and listen to the sound/ anhad naad, let go and let the samadhi (deep meditation) take you. If thoughts arise, let them come and go like random dark clouds passing in the clear sky of your mind- silence is our origin and silence of the mind is our natural state. Meditation silences our mind until we just feel in our being.

Whatever gyan and lessons you learn in samadhi- apply them in your waking daily life practically and remember them. In the bhagti path, longer sessions of naam/ samadhi are required- try 2.5 hours preferably from 12am which is a very powerful time. You can start sitting up, then lie down and go deep into it. You may wake up in the morning still buzzing from the samadhi. Many blessed Bhagats and Sants I'v had the honour of encountering within my lifetime have earned unimaginable benefits from longer simran/ samadhi sessions. The Gyan is all within you for He Is you. We are One with Him- we are Truth/ Sat.  God bless you.

21 hours ago, ImReal said:

The ringing sound you hear when you relax is anhaad naad- the primal sound. It is naam/ symbolic of naam. To go into samadhi, relax and listen to the sound/ anhad naad, let go and let the samadhi (deep meditation) take you. If thoughts arise, let them come and go like random dark clouds passing in the clear sky of your mind- silence is our origin and silence of the mind is our natural state. Meditation silences our mind until we just feel in our being.

Whatever gyan and lessons you learn in samadhi- apply them in your waking daily life practically and remember them. In the bhagti path, longer sessions of naam/ samadhi are required- try 2.5 hours preferably from 12am which is a very powerful time. You can start sitting up, then lie down and go deep into it. You may wake up in the morning still buzzing from the samadhi. Many blessed Bhagats and Sants I'v had the honour of encountering within my lifetime have earned unimaginable benefits from longer simran/ samadhi sessions. The Gyan is all within you for He Is you. We are One with Him- we are Truth/ Sat.  God bless you.

Thank you so much. I'll try it