Uk Government Moving Rightwards?

dalsingh101

PM claims immigration is wrecking communities

By Nigel Morris, Deputy Political Editor

david_cameron_1292386c.jpg

David Cameron will today make the provocative claim that communities across Britain are being damaged by the record levels of immigration of the last decade.

He will accuse some new arrivals of not wanting to integrate with their neighbours, leaving some areas suffering "discomfort and disjointedness" following dramatic population shifts. He will also risk accusations that he is inflaming tensions over race in a local council elections campaign speech asserting that immigration has been too high for too long.

But an unrepentant Mr Cameron will insist he is right to speak out on an issue that concerns millions of people – and accuse the last Labour government of fuelling support for the British National Party by refusing to address pop

ular concerns on the subject. Mr Cameron will declare: "I want to get the policy right: good immigration, not mass immigration."

Although he will stress that immigration has benefited the country immeasurably, he will sound the alarm over the net migration of 2.2 million people to the UK between 1997 and 2009. "That is the largest influx of people Britain has ever had and it has placed real pressures on communities up and down the country. Not just pressures on schools, housing and healthcare, though those have been serious, but social pressures, too."

He will say that real communities are bound by "common experiences, forged by friendship and conversation, knitted together by all the rituals of the neighbourhood, from the school-run to the chat down the pub".

He will add: "These bonds can take time, so real integration takes time. That's why, when there have been significant numbers of new people arriving in neighbourhoods – perhaps not able to speak the same language as those living there, on occasions not really wanting or even willing to integrate – that has created a kind of discomfort and disjointedness in some neighbourhoods.

"This has been the experience for many people in our country – and I believe it is untruthful and unfair not to speak about it and address it."

His comments, the tone of which could dismay some Liberal Democrat ministers, mark Mr Cameron's second recent foray into sensitive waters. In February he delivered a scathing denunciation of 30 years of multiculturalism in Britain, warning it was directly contributing to home-grown Islamic terrorism.

He faced anger from Muslim groups for "patronising" them and was accused of playing into the hands of extremists by delivering that speech on the same day that the English Defence League staged a major show of strength in Luton.

But Mr Cameron will return to the "hugely emotive" subject today, accusing some Labour ministers of trying to close down discussion of immigration, while others "talked tough" but did nothing to bring numbers down.

He will say: "This approach had damaging consequences in terms of controlling immigration, but also in terms of public debate. It created the space for extremist parties to flourish, as they could tell people that mainstream politicians weren't listening to their concerns or doing anything about them."

Speaking in Hampshire, he will argue "controlling immigration and bringing it down" is vitally important to Britain's future. He will maintain that a series of measures, including an annual cap on skilled non-European migrants, new action on "sham marriages" and a crackdown on bogus colleges aimed at foreign students, are already having an impact.

Mr Cameron will dismiss the argument that immigrants are essential for undertaking the jobs that British workers do not want to accept. "Migrants are filling gaps in the labour market left wide open by a welfare system that for years has paid British people not to work. That is where the blame lies – at the door of our woeful welfare system and the last government who comprehensively failed to reform it."

Mr Cameron will say that the UK Border Agency is close to clearing the backlog of almost 500,000 asylum cases. And he will hail two recent nationwide campaigns targeting illegal migrants that have resulted in 1,400 arrests, 330 prosecutions and 260 removals. He will argue that the Government's plans will cut immigration substantially.

"We said we would listen to people's concerns and get immigration under control. Today I can confidently say we are getting there. If we take the steps set out today, and deal with all the different avenues of migration, legal and illegal, then levels of immigration can return to where they were in the 1980s and 90s, a time when immigration was not a front-rank political issue. And I believe that will mean net migration to this country will be in the order of tens of thousands each year, not the hundreds of thousands every year that we have seen over the last decade."

Edited by dalsingh101

local council elections coming up, he wants to woo people that would otherwise vote bnp.

i'm no supporter of the tories, nor think they have any good intentions for our community but the recent immigrants e.g. somalians etc do take the piss.

walking around all burqad up, not speaking a word of english, commit crime etc

if they in their native country become pirates or join al-qaeda they shouldnt be allowed into a country full of people they would otherwise target.

our community should be more outspoken in the mainstream to make clear how we are different and have made a very positive contribution. we should also show how our faith & identity is what has brought about this economic success relative to the Western Narcissistic Natives smile.gif

Edited by Parchand

our community should be more outspoken in the mainstream to make clear how we are different and have made a very positive contribution.

I'm not sure about defining ourselves in relation to 'others' in this way. I think it almost invariably takes us someplace unhealthy. Going around reinforcing the message that "we aren't Abduls!" is short sighted. Plus truth be told, ruling class (or even working class) whites wouldn't think much to sell us down the river should it be considered in advantageous to them in the expedient manner that they always do.

We should be more like Jews who seem to do what they do without crass self promotion (that end up looking like a manifestation of insecurity anyway).

we should also show how our faith & identity is what has brought about this economic success relative to the Western Narcissistic Natives smile.gif

These pricks don't want to listen to that. I double checked the definition of 'narcissistic', I must commend you on your choice of words. It really does a good job in describing a lot of the indigenous folk:

Narcissistic: characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance
Edited by dalsingh101

lol @ Oxford University should accept more black people... but Britain shouldn't..what a moron. He puts Canadian politicians to shame..lol

nice to hear from you guv, looking fwd to hear from you more often :)

Hardworking Cheap immigrants are always asset to an economy rather than a liability.They render their services very cheaply and in return spend 70-80% in food ,clothes ,rent etc.Indiectlygive everything back to locals

Hardworking immigrants are also the first scapegoats when times get economically hard or when ruthless politicians want to distract the general populace through appealing to their base, xenophobic nature.

I've heard our own lot complain about Biharis one day, only to later complain they can't get enough of them, when seasonal labour requires them.

Cameron however is being a complete tosser - and purposefully too.

post-76-130292055187_thumb.jpg

The Tory proposal to cut immigration is to put a cap on skilled labour from outside the EU. There are soo many flaws in that proposal that it beggars belief.

1. The vast majority of immigration is from within the EU (both skilled and unskilled). The only way the UK government can stop that is by leaving the EU.

2. If someone from outside the EU marries a British citizen (or anyone from within the EU) they can migrate to the UK. There is no cap on this.

3. Legitimate refugees from war-torn countries or people who cannot return to their native country due to risk of mistreatment have to be allowed to stay in the UK by international law. I would assume the majority of immigrants who fall into this category would be unskilled.

4. That leaves the skilled labour from outside the EU. These are people who are predominantly very highly educated and who can make a valuable contribution to the economic output of the country. The kind of people who will have learnt how to speak English (or would have to learn as they would have to have a job offer to be able to go to the UK) and who would be more likely to integrate than some of the other categories above.

i'm no supporter of the tories, nor think they have any good intentions for our community but the recent immigrants e.g. somalians etc do take the piss.

walking around all burqad up, not speaking a word of english, commit crime etc

if they in their native country become pirates or join al-qaeda they shouldnt be allowed into a country full of people they would otherwise target.

The whole point is that the Tories would have no effect on Solmalians etc as they are refugees. The question over whether they are legitimate or not is a valid one, but also very difficult to prove one way or another. As such it is very difficult to then deport them especially to a country that has no functioning government.

So why is Cameron making a big deal out of all of this if he is only putting a cap on a minority of immigrants and only on the immigrants who have the most to offer and the most likely to integrate into the wider community? Votes, plain and simple. He's playing the crowds who, after being whipped up to a frenzy by the right-wing media, are frustrated with Eastern Europeans, Kurds, Somalians etc... without telling them that his policy will have no effect on those immigrants because they are from the EU or are refugees. It's a very dangerous and devisive tactic where he is effectively saying immigration, and by extension immigrants, are bad.

Clegg actually had Cameron over these exact points in the leaders' debate last year... but since he has sold his soul for the glimpse of power, he's been mysteriously quiet on the issue.

Hardworking immigrants are also the first scapegoats when times get economically hard or when ruthless politicians want to distract the general populace through appealing to their base, xenophobic nature.

I've heard our own lot complain about Biharis one day, only to later complain they can't get enough of them, when seasonal labour requires them.

Cameron however is being a complete tosser - and purposefully too.

It is because immigrants disturbe ethnic and Religious ratio.If Sikhs continue to leave Punjab and UP Bihari kept coming then the day is not far when sikhs will be less than 50% in Punjab .I am eagerly waiting for the declaration of Full census of India. My dad is saying This time Sikhs will be less than 50% of Punjab's population while I say that it could be around 55% .Lets see who is right.

guv & dal, you make some fair points there. it is a divisive tactic & its clearly only being done for short-term political reasons.

i remember back in the day, one of the reasons indira gandhi did operation bluestar was to pander to the right wing ahead of elections. her friend maggie thatcher made a lot of comparable comments on immigration to the one cameron made this week, e.g.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/margaret-thatcher/6906503/Margaret-Thatcher-complained-about-Asian-immigration-to-Britain.html

her aim was to get support from the NF, he's doing the same with the BNP.

same old tories

It is because immigrants disturbe ethnic and Religious ratio.If Sikhs continue to leave Punjab and UP Bihari kept coming then the day is not far when sikhs will be less than 50% in Punjab .I am eagerly waiting for the declaration of Full census of India. My dad is saying This time Sikhs will be less than 50% of Punjab's population while I say that it could be around 55% .Lets see who is right.

Blaming immigrants for all this is a red herring. The really issues are ones a bit more complex than 'they're coming here and taking over!"

I think the Sikhs should see this as an opportunity to do parchar amongst the Biharis and make them Sikhs. That way Sikhs will maintain majority.

I think the Sikhs should see this as an opportunity to do parchar amongst the Biharis and make them Sikhs. That way Sikhs will maintain majority.

Further than this. Sikhs need to do parchaar to the rest of India too, even if it is sehaj-dhari. In fact this would probably be a good idea.

I think poor people would lap it up. But it will take investment in terms of time and resources of more affluent Sikhs.

But truth be told, we simply don't seem over bothered about converts or even keeping those we already have solid in the community.

Anyway, sorry for the digression.

Back to immigration in the UK.

Personally I feel a situation has now developed where whites, who have long silently smoldered against immigration but bit their lip in fear of being called racist, will now become increasingly open with this.

Immigration does seem to be the number one issue in the country right now and personally I feel that a part of this is the anger felt at having to temper 'international policy' in Muslim lands because of violent retaliations from people here in response to perceived aggression. The other thing that bothers many whites seems to be seeing a lot of nonwhites around them. But as KDS demonstrated, our own people seem to be doing the same with Biharis?

Edited by dalsingh101

Blaming immigrants for all this is a red herring. The really issues are ones a bit more complex than 'they're coming here and taking over!"

Immigration of UP Bihari's is not good for sikhism in long run.Punjab is the only place where Sikhs still hold some majority and political power which we may end up losing.Tell me why Sheikh Abdullah ,despite being pro India made a deal that Non Kashmiri's cannot settle in Kashmir.The plan worked in most effective way .One of the biggest drawback of Democracy is politicians only hear your voice if you have numbers.Look How muslims despite butchering millions of Hindu's have managed to make an impact on Indian politics all because of numbers.Poor Sikhs despite always being pro Hindu and India were always kicked

I heard some Bihari's are embracing Sikhism in Punjab but still I don't think majority of them accept Sikhism.

1)Why will they leave their Religion?

2)The only method of entering sikhism is taking Amrit .

In this age where over 95% sikhs are non amritdhari's can we accept Bihari's if they embrace sehajdhari sikhism

3)Many of them have habit of smoking and eating tobacco

again they may not end up giving this habit

4)The biggest problem ,will our own lot Punjabi Sikhs will accept them.Bihari's in India are looked down by most as Low class people ,Punjabi will their big ego hardly accept them,even I doubt lower caste of Punjab like Ravidasia may not treat them well O/W why they are not doing prachar of Ravidasia religion in UP Bihar Which is the birth place of Bhagat Ravidas

1)Why will they leave their Religion?

There is only one religion.

2)The only method of entering sikhism is taking Amrit .

In this age where over 95% sikhs are non amritdhari's can we accept Bihari's if they embrace sehajdhari sikhism

You answered it yourself.

3)Many of them have habit of smoking and eating tobacco

again they may not end up giving this habit

Do you have any idea how many Punjabis are addicted to tocacco?

4)The biggest problem ,will our own lot Punjabi Sikhs will accept them.Bihari's in India are looked down by most as Low class people ,Punjabi will their big ego hardly accept them,even I doubt lower caste of Punjab like Ravidasia may not treat them well O/W why they are not doing prachar of Ravidasia religion in UP Bihar Which is the birth place of Bhagat Ravidas

Labels of high or low caste change with time. Jats were low cast in past. In Punjab, Brahmins are not high class anymore.

There is only one religion.

Spiritually there could be one Religion but political bases of Religions are different .If Sikhs don't have problem with their population in Punjab reducing to 35-40% then there is no problem,but then don't expect Punjab to have Sikh CM.

You answered it yourself.

Please explain it further.

Do you have any idea how many Punjabis are addicted to tocacco?

There are practicing as well as non practicing people in all religions.If a Bihari will embrace Sikhism he will try to follow sikhism unlike Punjabi's which are born in sikhism.

Labels of high or low caste change with time. Jats were low cast in past. In Punjab, Brahmins are not high class anymore.

Jats may be low in the past but they were never oppressed.Jatt kings had their own kingdom

• 10 years later...
3 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Looks like a fair few of my street level, analysis based predictions have come true now. I don't take any pride in that. And if what I'm seeing/thinking comes to fruit, we may be in a dicey situation soon.  

@Premi

According to a prediction by Bhagat Ravidaas jee Maharaaj, London will be destroyed.

Bhul chuk maaf

16 hours ago, Premi said:

Interesting, what is the source, Ji ?

London has been destroyed in the past, I think most recently in WW2 

I wouldn't say it was destroyed. Parts of it were bombed yes. It was partially destroyed in the great fire of London too.